To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Zaha or Gayle?

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
BuckJones
Kevin and Perry

Zaha or Gayle?

Post by BuckJones »

Subject line speaks for itself...through GW 6 FFS currently has Gayle at 23.9 and Zaha at 23.4 with Gayle being 0.5 cheaper...is this really realistic? Personally, I think that Zaha and a $4.5 FW3 and then use the extra $1.5 elsewhere seems more reliable than Gayle. What are the arguments for Gayle instead if any?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Zaha or Gayle?

Post by Mav3rick »

I wouldn't pay a lot of attention to the projections. I mean it's a new season, new managers, new signings, new teams.

Think more about structure of your squad, I think if you're being forced into a 4.5 striker, then (as its a deadspot in your team) that's a good reason to either take Gayle or to re-think the rest of your squad if you fancy Zaha generally.

BuckJones
Kevin and Perry

Post by BuckJones »

I am not being forced into a 4.5 striker, its my opinion that the non-premium strikers are very unattractive as regular starters until one emerges by WC1. I fancy a 4-4-2 until then as attacks get settled.
So I was looking at good reasons to consider the 343 or 433 instead and Gayle is the only option really to consider it seems.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

"Forced" is maybe not the word I meant, you've chosen a deadspot and effectively Zaha+deadspot over other squad configurations. In general, I'd personally not advocate that sort of structure as it leaves you with potentially pretty unfavourable subs, especially so if your base price mid is dropped.

You're not alone in not fancying the cheaper strikers at the moment, but I genuinely think a 433 would be better than a 442 right now (and a 42 is basically the same as a 33 anyway in FPL terms if things are going well).

BuckJones
Kevin and Perry

Post by BuckJones »

So getting back to my original post...everything else excluded...straight up is there an argument for Gayle over Zaha?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

If that's the only question in your mind, I'd take Zaha. Not necessarily because I think he's a slam-dunk better bet than Gayle (although he probably is the better call) but he has the extra advantage of there being options (Ramsey, Willian until Hazard is back, some West Ham players) that can take over the spot as a bandwaggon or as injury cover.

You could create a poll if you just want to gauge straight opinions.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

I have Gayle in my draft in the cheap striker slot.
Also keen on Zaha, but currently have Tadic instead.
Can't have them all! :mrgreen:

BuckJones
Kevin and Perry

Post by BuckJones »

Just looking for arguments one way or the other not a poll. Thanks for your input, and I agree with your assessment. Playing devils advocate, one argument to make for the other way is that the 4.5-5.5 striker is bench fodder while the likes of Allen, Capoue, Mooy, JWP, and Chalobah could be the first off the bench which may have value by making for a strong bench but also if they become starter worthy then you get that flexibility to upgrade elsewhere. Ultimately, the underlying root of my post was because Gayle is a total unknown to me, maybe others have stronger opinions on his skill and FPL potential and I am using Zaha as a reference point.

donlos
Cheetah
FS Record: none

Post by donlos »

I started playing Zaha 7m, reckon he's gonna have a huge season with theDuth coach's style. However in preseasons game Sako 5m has looked strong and played up in the front with Zaha and Benteke. If Sako is playing in the front also when the season starts and you want a CP player with that starting fixtures, he could be a bargain for 5m. I would therefore replace him with Zaha and upgrade my attack or defence with the plus 2mil.

What are your thoughts on that, reckon Sako will be a starter?

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Gayle scored again last night. 3 in 3 games.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Glad he is scoring well as it adds some depth to that third striker spot. If him, Austin and perhaps Abraham all start looking good then we'll have some decisions to be made around that striker bracket.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Zaha I would consider. Gayle I absolutely wouldn't.

Zaha is proven in the PL. Gayle has only ever failed in the PL. Championship form is a notoriously poor guide.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”