To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Butter Bridge United

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Le Red
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Will improve

Butter Bridge United

Post by Le Red »

Here we are again fellas. Butter Bridge heading for it's very 4th season, having recently achieved it's best result (3,699 overall) after being 74th overall and FISO 1st at some point.

OK, before you rate this team you have to take my plan in consideration. My intention when chossing the players was only picking players who have great fixtures in the first 6 gameweeks. After the 2nd international break I'll be using my wildcard and will completely change it (or not) in order to make money and to have the in-form players with good fixtures from then on. Without further ado, here's the squad:

0.0 in the bank. May rotate FFL and Fab. Leave your opinions here my people.

cincirollers
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Butter Bridge United

Post by cincirollers »

Image didn't come through.

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

The anticipation is killing me!

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

Appears fine to me, but nevermind. Some changes already: Milner :arrow: A. Young (because Milner's leaving) and Lee :arrow: Petrov ('cause I had the cash due to the first transfer).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stripes1973
Grumpy Old Man

Post by stripes1973 »

Too many players from wolves and newcastle for me, im sure you can change
it around to make your squad stronger. :)

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Interesting to see you opt for 3 big players.

Will you keep RVP even though Wenger has said he will not travel (like Fabregas) to Liverpool for the first game so that you do not use a transfer to get him for GW2?

Also it might be worth keeping an eye on Villa's injury problems. Collins and Cueller are both out currently which if it cerries over to GW1 and beyond would reduce the prospect of Dunne being worth 7.0.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

stripes1973 wrote:Too many players from wolves and newcastle for me, im sure you can change
All but Craddock and Carrol are base price, that's why I got them. Not to happy about having to play Mouyokolo or Simpson but will be forced to sometimes. Guedioura is my option to Ferguson, whose price could be dropping at the season's beggining (don't see him doing very well, but then, people will have other transfer priorities, hmmmm). Anyway, feel free to tip me some replacements for those guys.
Oatfedgoat wrote:Will you keep RVP even though Wenger has said he will not travel (like Fabregas) to Liverpool for the first game so that you do not use a transfer to get him for GW2?
That's the idea. Of all the big players, RvP is the cheapest, because he had a low total points tally, but when injury free he scores as well as any 12+ player. If I have to play Mouyokolo in gw1 at home to Stoke it's hardly a tragedy, could end up with 6+ points.
Oatfedgoat wrote:Also it might be worth keeping an eye on Villa's injury problems. Collins and Cueller are both out currently which if it cerries over to GW1 and beyond would reduce the prospect of Dunne being worth 7.0.
I'll be following that situation closely. Perhaps downgrading to Evans is a good idea? Or replacing him with Vidic/Ivanovic in order to maintain the quality? If I downgraded him, I could solve the problem stripes pointed out...

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Le Red wrote:
stripes1973 wrote:Too many players from wolves and newcastle for me, im sure you can change
All but Craddock and Carrol are base price, that's why I got them. Not to happy about having to play Mouyokolo or Simpson but will be forced to sometimes. Guedioura is my option to Ferguson, whose price could be dropping at the season's beggining (don't see him doing very well, but then, people will have other transfer priorities, hmmmm). Anyway, feel free to tip me some replacements for those guys.
Oatfedgoat wrote:Will you keep RVP even though Wenger has said he will not travel (like Fabregas) to Liverpool for the first game so that you do not use a transfer to get him for GW2?
That's the idea. Of all the big players, RvP is the cheapest, because he had a low total points tally, but when injury free he scores as well as any 12+ player. If I have to play Mouyokolo in gw1 at home to Stoke it's hardly a tragedy, could end up with 6+ points.
Oatfedgoat wrote:Also it might be worth keeping an eye on Villa's injury problems. Collins and Cueller are both out currently which if it cerries over to GW1 and beyond would reduce the prospect of Dunne being worth 7.0.
I'll be following that situation closely. Perhaps downgrading to Evans is a good idea? Or replacing him with Vidic/Ivanovic in order to maintain the quality? If I downgraded him, I could solve the problem stripes pointed out...
I'm not sure of the current expected date of Rio's return, but I know it's long enough to make Evans worth having for at least 3 weeks, probably more.

Replacing Dunne with VIdic is certainly not a bad thing, Utd have good opening fixtures and Vidic is always a BP candidate plus a goal threat.
Ivanovic would be an interesting option. I can't recall anyone on FISO mentioning him probably due to his price. But Chelsea DO have good fixtures but there are current doubts over their defensive abilities durring pre-season which would put me off spending that much money on him. With only 3% owning him and not being mentioned on FISO he is certainly a differential option at this early stage.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

There's also Alex, I saw you got him into your squad, goat, but... What about Carvalho?

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Yeah I guess I should do my update to my current team on my thread :P
I've taken out Alex for now because even if he shakes off his injury, will have enough game time to play GW1? I doubt it and it isn't worth the risk as far as I'm concerned.

I think Carvalho is a great defender, but last season he didn't get enough game time. He has made it clear he wants to leave Chelsea (havent heard anything on that for quite a while) so I think again it is a bit of a risk.

The fixtures aren't favourable but I think Kolarov at City is going to be a good option soon for 6.0. IF he bags a goal early from a free kick he it might be time to jump aboard. I missed the Vermaelen wagon last year completely and suffered in Septembet massively because I didn't have him at a time when everyone else did. I think Kolarov might be similar.

I reckon downgrading to a 6.0 or 5.5 defender will give you more options to upgrade elsewhere and is probably the best option. The only problem I see with it is if you wish to pick up a defender more than 6.0 after GW1 you will struggle to do it in a sinlge week without a point hit.

I'm off to fire up photoshop and do mine :P

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

Some changes based on your tips. Sold Dunne due to Villa's injury problems, which allowed me to get rid of 1 Wolves defender and add Dann and that Al-Muhammadi everyone is talking about. Should be good for cheapo rotation, being able to field Dawson+ 2 home defenders every gw. Unfortunately, that's as far as I can go when it comes to gettin' rid of Newcastle and Wolverhampton.

More changes: I chose to go with Valencia instead of A. Young. I like Villa's fixtures better but Valencia has been steaming hot, looks nailed on and fitness sharp. A. Young still has that question mark hovering above his head. Downside: it leaves me with 0 Villa players and boy they have tasty fixtures.

Last change: Rooney in for RvP. After a convincing display, Rooney has convinced me that he deserves a chance at home to Newcastle, while RvP is a doubt even for the 2nd gameweek, the one that makes me drool. I get one more option for gw2 then, after hearing the news: Lampard :arrow: Fabregas or Rooney :arrow: van Persie. I definitely won't be doing both, since I don't want to begin my season taking transfer penalties. It will all depend on whose price is rising and whose is falling.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

New comment to say now O'Neill is out I'm happy I got rid of Villa players and to up this thread to. Come on people, there must be something you can say to help me improve it! By the way, I'm doing Simpson :arrow: Williamson right now, since it looks like Simpson should be red flagged by those lazy towers. Anyone can tell me if any 4.0 Newcastle defender is safe to start? Or should I buy someone from Blackpool? :shock: Gohouri perhaps? Mouyokolo again? Gosh, the doubts...

Dandave09
FISOhead

Post by Dandave09 »

i personally think your defence is too weak. and you could upgrade ur defence by downgrading drogba. but its your preference if u want a stronger attack. the midfield looks fine.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

My defence is not weak. It's weaker. It's a personal bet. I don't see the big defenders scoring bucketloads so I may as well use a cheap defence to afford some big guns. Drogba is important in my plans 'cause I want him to be my Chelsea captain once I get rid of FFL for Fabregas.

New change: Guedioura :arrow: Albrighton. Thanks roneilc.

equal2zero
FISOhead

Post by equal2zero »

I fear for Albrighton but I guess since thier manager gone along with Milner and possibly Young too he might play week in week out. What has happen to Delph ... last time around I thought he is a tremendous player? Sorry, out of the thread topic ....

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

Well gentlemen here's me hoping for a little bit more feedback. Thanks to those who made their comments already. Anyone know how likely are Al-Muhammadi, Williamson and Albrighton to start?

P.S. I dreamt today that Albrighton assisted within 7 minutes. He must be in after that surely? :o

hw26
Grumpy Old Man

Post by hw26 »

Personally i don't think Birmingham will be too good defensively this year (Hart won them points on his own last year) and Foster seems to be injured, i would downgrade Craddock for Foley, 1M cheaper and will be playing in midfield, then trade Dann for J Evans?

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

These are good options, but I don't get the Evans hype to be honest. Never seems to score a goal or pick up any bonus points. Meanwhile, Craddock has less clean sheet potential, but is a huge goal threat and is a PAD too. Regarding Foley, where will he play exactly?

Agree on you about Birmingham, but if you could name someone to replace Dann at 4.5 I'd appreciate.

hw26
Grumpy Old Man

Post by hw26 »

Evans has huge clean sheet potential, last season Craddock just had a freak season, he's 35 now too, how many games can he play?? Foley can play central midfield or right midfield, however Zubar is injured so he will be playing right back vs. Stoke. He's a bit of a John O'Shea for Wolves, if you know what i mean. I'd go for Ricketts or Steinsson over Dann personally.

Kenster1975
Wideboy

Post by Kenster1975 »

Le Red wrote:These are good options, but I don't get the Evans hype to be honest. Never seems to score a goal or pick up any bonus points. Meanwhile, Craddock has less clean sheet potential, but is a huge goal threat and is a PAD too. Regarding Foley, where will he play exactly?

Agree on you about Birmingham, but if you could name someone to replace Dann at 4.5 I'd appreciate.

I'm thinking Ryan Taylor of Newcastle as 4.5m defender! He takes set pieces and can also play right midfield - depending on injuries!

I think Evans or O'Shea or even Ferreira for 5.5m upgrade too if you downgrade Craddock to Foley!

Good luck and pls feel free to RMT

:)

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Le Red wrote:Anyone know how likely are Al-Muhammadi, Williamson and Albrighton to start?
About 70%, 90% and 50% respectively.

On Foley: I'd be wary since he's probably not a first-choice (although as was said, he should fill in for Zubar while he's injured).

Several options at 4.5 if you don't like Dann: Steinsson, Givet, Ilunga, etc.

Decent team though, good luck my semi-namesake! :D

cincirollers
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cincirollers »

reds363 wrote:On Foley: I'd be wary since he's probably not a first-choice (although as was said, he should fill in for Zubar while he's injured).
What makes you say this? It looks like he's started every game he was availble for the last two years, with the exception of 3 early season games last year.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

I think he was primarily a right-back, but Zubar's clear first-choice there now (going by selections at the end of last season, and views on Wolves in their team forum), and I think they have plenty of midfielders who'll play before him (Hunt, Henry, Jones, Jarvis I believe will be first choice, although left-winger Hunt is out for 2 months). I'm not a Wolves fan so take with a pinch of salt, but that's the muddled-together opinion I've come up with from comments around FISO and pre-season lineups.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

Dug this oldie to follow with this season's RMT ^^

I'm gonna try to explain my decisions, player by player. Hopefully, you can get some ideas for your team as well.

1. PANTILIMON: I usually prefer to spend as little as possible on keepers, but Pantilimon did very well last season and, under the new bonus system, he would've had 10 more points, which is impressive, so I decided to get him at a reasonable £5.0. Alternatively, I could get Mignolet for the same price.

2. HENNESSEY: I could not get Mannone for the backup keeper strategy, since he's £4.5, so I got Henessey instead. At £4.0, he's the only base price keeper expected to be a starter at the beggining of the season, until Foster is injured (expected to return in October, I think). That can result in a price rise for him as well, but I don't know how certain it is he'll be above Myhill in the pecking order.

3. KOSCIELNY: Has been Arsenal's best offensive defender threat last season, and looks likely to pick a good share of bonus points, even with the new rules. At £6.0, I think it is justified to have him instead of the Arsenal defenders that are £0.5 cheaper (he scored as much as Mert did, having played almost 1000 less minutes).

4. AZPILICUETA: Despite not being as strong in attack as Terry or Ivanovic, he scored about the same points per game as his two colleagues. Since the expectation is he won't be subject to as much rotation as last season, he comes as a bargain at £6.0. He's not toothless in attack either, since he's pulled off some assists before.

5. HUTH: Leicester proved they can have a good defence when required, and are now under a defensive-minded Italian coach. Huth looks relatively safe from the expected Ranieri tinkering, and did well last season. Poses some offensive threat.

6. O'SHEA: Did well last season regarding clean sheets and bonus points, and, as club captain, should be first choice for defence. Doubling up with Pantilimon could be a worry, but they would only be paired when Sunderland has good home fixtures.

7. FRANCIS: With 1 goal and 8 assists last season, he offers attacking potential and is safe to start. With good fixtures and rotation with the other two £4.5 defenders, he completes the defence well.

8. WALCOTT: Always scores very very well when he plays. The problem is he doesn't alway play, but right now it looks like he will. Could be a real steal at £9.0, and if not, can be easily downgraded to one of the £8.5 options.

9. MANÉ: At £8.0, he's slightly cheaper than most attacking mids in his category. All he has to do is keep scoring like he did the season before, and he'll be well worth his price tag.

10. FLETCHER: Base price midfielder. Not supposed to play at all, but if he does, he's likely to bring at least two points, considering he doesn't ged yellow cards often. May be replaced for a more offensive player with guaranteed gametime.

11. SILVA: A brillliant player on his prime. Capable of a great number of assists, and now more prone to scoring goals. A serious candidate for the top 5 scoring charts at the end of the season. It remains to be seen if his £10.0 price tag justifies him over Toure (£8.5) and Sterling (£9.0), but the former may have returned to "normal" after his freak season, and the latter still has to demonstrate how much scoring potential he'll have in FPL with the M.City jersey.

12: HAZARD: Top of the scoring charts last season. Already one of the best playmakers in the world, in free development. A real beast for bonus points. Has the ability to improve on his goal tally this season. With Aguero rested in the start of the season, I don't see many reasons not to have Hazard.

13: ROONEY: Had an outstanding season when he played as main striker. Even deployed often as a central midfielder, and playing along two ineffective strikers, still scored 12 goals last season, which is a reminder of his capabilities. If he really spearheads the attack, and there's every reason to believe he will, the £10.5 price is laughable.

14: SAKHO: Virtually the same points per game as Giroud and Benteke, but costs way less. West Ham is considered to have a good team and they have nive fixtures. The addition of playmaker and assist expert Payet means the possibility of more chances for the main striker.

15: DEENEY: Everything about him has been said in the cheap strikers thread. Main striker for Watford, has goals and assists on him, club captain and penalty taker. You can't ask much more at £5.5. Also an easy swap for any striker of his price range who does well.

All thoughts appreciated.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Good post. My thoughts for what it's worth.

1. Agree on Pantilimon. No keeper at 4.5 have the right combination of fixtures/team form so he seems worth the 0.5 extra.

2. Since you have Azplicueta & Koscielny at 6.0 I'm not sure it's worth going with three 4.5 defenders. I'd downgrade one to a 4.0 even if they don't look a sure starter.

3. Mane is overpriced at 8.0 imo. I'd prefer to spend the extra on a proven 8.5 midfielder, lots of value there.

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

Made a couple of changes to the team:

1. PANTILIMON: I usually prefer to spend as little as possible on keepers, but Pantilimon did very well last season and, under the new bonus system, he would've had 10 more points, which is impressive, so I decided to get him at a reasonable £5.0. Alternatively, I could get Mignolet for the same price.

2. HENNESSEY: I could not get Mannone for the backup keeper strategy, since he's £4.5, so I got Henessey instead. At £4.0, he's the only base price keeper expected to be a starter at the beggining of the season, until Foster is injured (expected to return in October, I think). That can result in a price rise for him as well, but I don't know how certain it is he'll be above Myhill in the pecking order.

3. KOSCIELNY: Has been Arsenal's best offensive defender threat last season, and looks likely to pick a good share of bonus points, even with the new rules. At £6.0, I think it is justified to have him instead of the Arsenal defenders that are £0.5 cheaper (he scored as much as Mert did, having played almost 1000 less minutes).

4. AZPILICUETA: Despite not being as strong in attack as Terry or Ivanovic, he scored about the same points per game as his two colleagues. Since the expectation is he won't be subject to as much rotation as last season, he comes as a bargain at £6.0. He's not toothless in attack either, since he's pulled off some assists before.

5. HUTH: Leicester proved they can have a good defence when required, and are now under a defensive-minded Italian coach. Huth looks relatively safe from the expected Ranieri tinkering, and did well last season. Poses some offensive threat.

6. CÉDRIC: Standard choice at £5.0. Clyne's sucessor, guaranteed starter for Southampton, and expected to get involved in attack. Great fixtures.

7. TARGETT: Only £4.0 defender who's sure to start, albeit only for a couple of gameweeks, it seems. Even though, his price could rise once the masses see a base price defender starting for Southampton. Frees a little extra cash to the squad.

8. WALCOTT: Always scores very very well when he plays. The problem is he doesn't alway play, but right now it looks like he will. Could be a real steal at £9.0, and if not, can be easily downgraded to one of the £8.5 options.

9. MANÉ: At £8.0, he's slightly cheaper than most attacking mids in his category. All he has to do is keep scoring like he did the season before, and he'll be well worth his price tag.

10. FLETCHER: Base price midfielder. Not supposed to play at all, but if he does, he's likely to bring at least two points, considering he doesn't ged yellow cards often. May be replaced for a more offensive player with guaranteed gametime.

11. SILVA: A brillliant player on his prime. Capable of a great number of assists, and now more prone to scoring goals. A serious candidate for the top 5 scoring charts at the end of the season. It remains to be seen if his £10.0 price tag justifies him over Toure (£8.5) and Sterling (£9.0), but the former may have returned to "normal" after his freak season, and the latter still has to demonstrate how much scoring potential he'll have in FPL with the M.City jersey.

12: HAZARD: Top of the scoring charts last season. Already one of the best playmakers in the world, in free development. A real beast for bonus points. Has the ability to improve on his goal tally this season. With Aguero rested in the start of the season, I don't see many reasons not to have Hazard.

13: ROONEY: Had an outstanding season when he played as main striker. Even deployed often as a central midfielder, and playing along two ineffective strikers, still scored 12 goals last season, which is a reminder of his capabilities. If he really spearheads the attack, and there's every reason to believe he will, the £10.5 price is laughable.

14: SAKHO: Virtually the same points per game as Giroud and Benteke, but costs way less. West Ham is considered to have a good team and they have nive fixtures. The addition of playmaker and assist expert Payet means the possibility of more chances for the main striker.

15: DEFOE: Has great fixtures, better than Deeney's. Proven goalscorer, will have his share of goals as long as he's in the CF role.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

It's different from other teams I've seen, which is always an interesting thing too see. It's clearly a very good starting eleven, with only Defoe being considered a compromise in my eyes.

I would worry a bit about only having one spot for 8.5-9.0 MIDs, since there is a lot of value there. You could solve that by taking Sterling over Silva, but that is a bit of a risk as you have highlighted. Maybe you won't need a 9.0 mid long term if you hold onto Silva, so eventually Walcott can become Ozil or Ramsey, etc.

Do you plan to acquire Aguero? Because the spread out funds might make that harder unless you are willing to lose Silva for him?

I do really like the team though. Nice and solid and only the 5.5 striker slot (where there are lots of options) and the lack of ability to jump on a mid priced striker if one starts well trouble me.

The one major issue would be

Le Red
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Le Red »

Some good considerations there.
I had Deeney over Defoe, made the switch because of fixtures and because Defoe is more of a known quantity, we know what to expect of him and as long as he's starting as CF, he's bound to justify his price tag, or even go further. Due to his age, though, I think he might get early subbed more often then Deeney, who looks like a 90 minute player... Do you think I should return to Deeney?

Ref. Aguero, the idea is to use the wildcard after GW4, possibly to bring Aguero, but I'll consider then if it's really worth bringing Aguero in. Like you said, there are so many good players at attractive prices that it really makes people wonder if it ain't better to have a stronger squad than one with Aguero. That said, I still feel inclined to bring him after GW4, not before. I don't know all the changes I'll make for that, but Silva or Hazard will have to go, most likely Silva, of course.

That's a good point you made regarding the absence of a mid-priced striker, but I don't see any guaranteed to score above my similar-priced midfield picks, and if I do pick Aguero there won't be a place for a mid-priced striker anyway, since I'll probably want to keep Rooney.

The major issue is...? You just made some real suspense there XD

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Le Red wrote:The major issue is...? You just made some real suspense there XD

Sorry I've been distracted by the cricket this afternoon so I left that post unfinished! The major issue wasn't that major and it was just a reformatting error from sentence above (regarding the mid price striker) that I'd not deleted after re-wording my thoughts.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”