To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Rate My Goat

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Rate My Goat

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Simple question that everyone has pondered.

To have RVP or not to have RVP.
All cheapies are place holders for price values, will research and replace accordingly closer to the deadline.

Heavy on Chelsea for the obvious DGW reasons, 3 City because they have a relatively easy start.

Feel uneasy about Silva and Mata being possible rotation risks, but surely they will play 90 mins most games?
FF no rvp.JPG
FF with rvp.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Oatfedgoat on 26 Apr 2015, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Re: Rate My Goat 2013

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

All I can say is that it's hard to overlook how much prettier the first team is than the second! You get Mignolet, Zab and Mirallas by downgrading RVP to Dzeko: Boruc, Baker and Jedinak just don't have the same ring.

My first instinct was to rely on Bale for captaincy, but without him, I'll probably pick Walcott and one other as rotating captains, foregoing RVP, unless I wuss out completely (not entirely unheard of!).

Worth mentioning the usual RMT comments that:
- Mata might miss the first game due to the Spain match just before league kick-off;
- Zab's time might be threatened a little by Richards this year, although personally I would be surprised given his form;
- Luiz keeps seeming like a square peg under Mourinho; I'd prefer to play it safe then switch when you're sure;

I'm also thinking Chamakh; the only problem is that there's so many £7.5m-£8.5m strikers that are really well priced, it's really tempting to load up on them.

Ironfist
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th

Post by Ironfist »

I'll only refer to those who look dodgy...

Baker - not guaranteed to play.
Paulinho - CK!
Lukaku - I got him too, but starting to suspect he won't feature in both GW1 games...
R.Bennett - will he start at all?
Chamakh - should be playing darts.

The rest are fine :)

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Been tweaking the team a bit.

Gone with a really attacking team I hope.

Have decided definately no RVP for me until GW4 or so.... wildcard highly possible durring the break for me if needed.

defence has 3 "expensive", but known quantities. ie. They will play!
Once the cheaper VFM defenders emerge, I shall downgrade 2m or more here.

I didnt feel easy with Chamakh/Anelka and Paulinho.
Thankfully Soldado has been added which solves this problem.

Bench is very weak, but hopefully all will start for their teams.

Two Chelsea players will be replaced by GW3 to add more strength for that GW so I dont have to rely on that crap bench of mine.
ff2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Not sure Morrison will play...

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Some City fans think Richards might start over Zabaleta so I'm considering changing to Clichy.

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Wildcard is played.

Firstly, am I the only person that has played their WC that has kept Hazard? He has dropped 0.2, but surely he is one of the best prospects for Chelsea attacking points still?

Currently have this with 2.3 in the bank. Hoping to catch a few more double risers for profit before I swap to final team, but I'm not too optimistic at that.
Putting way more money in defence than normal. Partly due to few midfielders bringing home the points so far that we would expect to be long term prospects.
WC1.JPG
I am hoping to move to get RVP in for the weekend.... The trouble is I just can't see where to get the funds from.
With Mig in goal, is it worth the risk of saving 0.5 for a base price keeper that doesn't play? I'm starting to think that actually it may well be.

Despite no goals from open play yet, I am reluctant to get rid of Soldado as I think he will be well up their at the end of the season - however, dumping him for Lukaku seems the easiest way to afford RVP. (yes I know Lukaku doesnt play next game, thats a minor issue to deal with)
WCRVP.JPG
Formation would end up being either 5-2-3 or 4-3-3 depending on fixtures.
Collins is their in case his price rises, not gonna happen though, so quite happy to downgrade to a 4.0 of Chester or similar-problem is that saves so little money it's hardly worth it.
I may well swap Collins to a cheap Liverpool defender whilst Johnson is injured, giving me a Liverpool block at the back :?

Any thoughts on any of this madness?

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

That Soldado :arrow: Lukaku downgrade made me think again of another RVPless option with less chaff in midfield.

Brady :arrow: Ozil
WCozil.JPG

fourleafclover
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mata(c) and no Dzeko in GW37 - i wont listen to me

Post by fourleafclover »

2nd team looks better tbh. Still, you could lose one of your expensive defenders and have Sturridge instead of Lukaku. :idea:

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Re this last posted team;

GK - Mig is fine, but MUST have a backup.
DEF - A bit too much in defence. You need one 4.0m defender for VFM balance. I'd say Ivan out.
MID - Hazard is not worth it atm and Ozil... definitely wait & see.
FOR - Very good though Lukaku is not playing this GW4.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Ironfist wrote:
Why do you keep saying this? So not true (in my opinion, and others).

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

From4corners wrote:
Ironfist wrote:
Because it's so true (in my opinion, and others). :roll: Valid, rational argument :P

Playing a rotating Home game keeper is more likely to produce CSs than playing the same single GK every GW.
People who played their keepers right in past seasons could, and some did, get more than 20CSs while the best GK of the season didn't manage that. We have only witnessed 3 GWs in which Liverpool had a good start to the season. No one including you believes they will obtain more CSs than one of the title contenders like Chelsea or United. Thus, if you take on 1 single GK it might as well be DDG or Cech, but Mig, with all his pros AND cons as a GK and playing for Liverpool, should have an accompanying GK that rotates well with him. It only costs 0.5m more and not 5.0m as in the case for getting RVP...

Besides, we all know that you only advocate Mig because in your heart you wish you were also Belgian! :P

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Goalkeeper rotation can be really frustrating though. I think I've left 17 points on the bench between Boruc and foster in the first 3 GWs alone.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Ironfist wrote:
From4corners wrote:
Ironfist wrote:
Because it's so true (in my opinion, and others). :roll: Valid, rational argument :P

Playing a rotating Home game keeper is more likely to produce CSs than playing the same single GK every GW.
People who played their keepers right in past seasons could, and some did, get more than 20CSs while the best GK of the season didn't manage that. We have only witnessed 3 GWs in which Liverpool had a good start to the season. No one including you believes they will obtain more CSs than one of the title contenders like Chelsea or United. Thus, if you take on 1 single GK it might as well be DDG or Cech, but Mig, with all his pros AND cons as a GK and playing for Liverpool, should have an accompanying GK that rotates well with him. It only costs 0.5m more and not 5.0m as in the case for getting RVP...

Besides, we all know that you only advocate Mig because in your heart you wish you were also Belgian! :P
Actually, I would advocate :shock:zil as I wish I was also a Germ(an), but keep it on a low pretty please ;)

Rotating goalkeepers worked horribly last season, and as eastcentral1 states, as well as the first three weeks this season. Why not play a goalkeeper from a big team every week and have a 4.0 just rot away on your digital bench. A Cech, De Gea, Hart, Mignolet, Szczesny are well capable of keeping clean sheets away from home. Also, that extra 0.5 can be invested in your team (at least up until the January wildcard, if one would change his/her mind) and might also make up for any 4 point loss you need to make when Mignolet gets injured or the potential points your 4.5 goalkeeper would get in absence of a sudden unanounced Mignolet absence.

The Catman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner 2013 TFC T20 wickets league; Winner 2012 F1 Fantasyracers.com. Winner Mirror FF Free League 2014/15. 6th TFC T20 runs 2016.

Post by The Catman »

From4corners wrote: Rotating goalkeepers worked horribly last season, and as eastcentral1 states, as well as the first three weeks this season. Why not play a goalkeeper from a big team every week and have a 4.0 just rot away on your digital bench. A Cech, De Gea, Hart, Mignolet, Szczesny are well capable of keeping clean sheets away from home. Also, that extra 0.5 can be invested in your team (at least up until the January wildcard, if one would change his/her mind) and might also make up for any 4 point loss you need to make when Mignolet gets injured or the potential points your 4.5 goalkeeper would get in absence of a sudden unanounced Mignolet absence.
...and as luck will have it, Mignolet will be injured just before the game where your £4.5m back-up keeper gets sent off in a 0-6 drubbing :D :D :D

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Mignolet should have been priced at 6.0 this year, he was only discounted due to Reina being in the squad at the start of the year and the subsequent doubt about his starting position. At 5.5 he does represent value, given that he is likely to keep a similar number of cleansheets as Cech or DDG but at a discount.

4.5 rotation only works if you have two decent defensive sides available, which we have had for the last few seasons with Swansea, Newcastle, West Ham, Stoke & Norwich, but crucially, we don't have that this year. If you're going for a 5.0 + 4.5 combo (same cost as Mignolet) then I don't see the risk/reward ratio being right and would favour (and did favour) Mignolet.

It's possible that Cardiff will emerge as a good defensive unit, but they don't rotate well with anyone at the moment. Both Mignolet and Szczesny have good runs of games coming up.

If Vorm rotates with Cardiff after about GW6 (haven't checked) then that could be a good rotation combo but I'd still take Mignolet.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

If Vorm rotates with Cardiff after about GW6 (haven't checked) then that could be a good rotation combo but I'd still take Mignolet.
Pretty sure Swansea and Cardiff rotate perfectly all season (home/away rotation anyway).

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Minge isn't in Europe Vorm is, not a big deal but Tremmel does get some mins every now and then. But Vorm saves you 0.5m. I say Vorm.

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Stuck and skint.

I know you will also say get a cheaper defence, but I dont feel the extra 1.5 (meaning only around 0.6 to put towards upgrading a midfielder) will give me a player of enough quality to.
Want to stick with Soldado btw.

Prefered formation is 433

Running out of time as I have a bloody wedding tomorrow so need to decide tonight.
skint.JPG

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

I would go Boruc :arrow: 4.0 keeper and play Mig every week or Mignolet :arrow: Myhill/Krul and rotate.

I think the way you've done it is spending too much on keepers.

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Apart from the fact you appear to be 0.9 short it's a good squad

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Yeah sorry, the point of my point was the frustaration at not being able to happily find that 0.9 anywhere.

I agree, I can save 0.5 on keepers.

Now Im even playing around without RVP again.... main point of this WC was to bring in RVP!

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

So with no RVP I end up with the same team as 95% of people that have WC
0.5 in bank to swap Walcott to Ozil or Benteke to Negrado.
wc no rvp2.JPG
With RVP it just doesnt feel as strong over all.
wc rvp2.JPG

Ironfist
FISO Knight

Post by Ironfist »

Definitely the first team hereabove.
Except: Daniels :arrow: Lewis/Harper.

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Minor bit of bumpage here!

(Ignore the Soldado selection above please!) :shock:

I somehow still have my WC left this season.
Currently regretting not paying it for this DGW34 and going all out. What's done is done and I need to plan for the future.

I plan to keep my current selection of 3 Chelsea and 3 Liverpool players for GW35 as they both have decent fisxtures.
WIldcard will be played for GW36 to dump most Liverpool players and bring in 3 Arsenal and set myself up for the run in.

Here is what I am currently thinking:
WC 36.PNG
I really wanted to hang on to SIlva, but couldn't quite release the funds I needed to any other way than swapping him out.

Most of this is probably quite template for those that will be WCing in GW36/37.

Sterling will be kept. Mainly because many others I'm competing against will likely keep him from their current DGW34 teams.
Has reasonable fixtures anyway.
Gameweek 35 QPR (H)
Gameweek 36 Chelsea (A)
Gameweek 37 Crystal Palace (H)
Gameweek 38 Stoke (A)
I may get adventurous/stupid and bench Sterling in GW36 and play Sanchez (Villa) at home to West Ham.

Keeping Aguero for their fixtures and maintaining a City threat in my squad.
Kane is still such great VFM that I am going to keep him.
Arsenal trio for their DGW37. It seems best for attacking returns here rather than defensive, hence having Ramsey, Sanchez & Girroud

Any thoughts or glaring ommisions I've made?
I'm currently leading my cash league by a slender 16 points with the chasing bunch close behind.

Main concerns are not having Ivanovic or Silva.
Downgrading Sterling to Siggy still wouldn't free up enough funds for Ivan.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Rate My Goat

Post by Mav3rick »

Like you say its pretty template and there aren't many things you could do differently.

I suppose that taking on Larsson for the DGW or Wickham are the obvious potential improvements.

You might want to save a bit of cash by not picking Davis and just going with pantillimon, you'll be picking him for at most one game for the extra 0.5/6.

Albrighton over Sanchez will give you better fixtures, more attacking intent and an extra 0.2 as well but I don't think the money can be invested in that many places.

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

I'm rubbish at FPL but wanted to comment on your tidiness at bumping your own thread after eighteen months. Very efficient!

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Mystery wrote:I'm rubbish at FPL but wanted to comment on your tidiness at bumping your own thread after eighteen months. Very efficient!
Im sure I had other similar threads I could have bumped as well :lol:
TBH, I was just following the instruction of one RMT per person :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”