To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

huskerdu's RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Re: huskerdu's RMT

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Boyd will play

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

I fiddled around a little more with the wildcard:

I know Aguero doesn't have the best fixtures over the next two weeks, but I figure I may as well bring him now before any potential price rise and I feel like he can still score against anyone.

I'm a bit nervous about only having Mannone in goal.

I have .4 in the bank.

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

I will eventually upgrade my 3.9M defender to someone who actually plays (have .2 in the bank).

Any thoughts/tips would be appreciated! :D

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

good team. Aguero gives you flexibility for when he eventually gets injured :wink: Like you say, upgrade your 3rd sub to someone who plays and you are golden.

I am keeping moreno too as after the Everton game, they have a good run of fixtures

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

I'd get Moreno out. A 5.5m defender that you have to bench for a home game is a total waste of money IMO.

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Sammy the Crab wrote:I'd get Moreno out. A 5.5m defender that you have to bench for a home game is a total waste of money IMO.
Players like Baines, coleman, Ivan you play regardless due to their goal scoring potential. With the rest for me it is about playing the percentages game in terms of CS. Out of his defenders, those are the best 3 to play.

Moreno is in a derby that always has goals and red cards. After this they have WB, QPR, Hull, Newcastle where I would expect huskerdu will play him. If the CS, assists etc don't come in the first two of those, then I would look to move out.

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

Thanks for the thoughts guys, always appreciated.

I was debating dumping Moreno, I just don't trust Liverpool to keep clean sheets at all right now. Having said that, I may give him a couple weeks as he's still an assist threat so hopefully he can show his worth otherwise it may time to bring down the hammer.

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

So I'm gonna need to work in Costa in the coming weeks and don't worry I'll be ditching Coleman for Azpil once he gets back. I had Ivanovic before but for 7.2M his attacking points have dried up and Azpil gets as many bonus points lately.

What do you guys think of this team. I'm gonna need to dump Duff (probably for Wisdom) and need to upgrade the 3.9M defender for someone who actually plays now and again.

Any thoughts are appreciated :)

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

I swapped Costa for Rooney, but now I'm already regretting it. Any tips are welcome!

I have .3m in the bank

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

huskerdu wrote:I swapped Costa for Rooney, but now I'm already regretting it. Any tips are welcome!

I have .3m in the bank

Like many, keep an eye on southampton defenders. I am also not sure about downing. Aside from that, solid squad

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

Thanks for the response.

Yeah most likely to swap out Clyne for Azpil

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

huskerdu wrote:Thanks for the response.

Yeah most likely to swap out Clyne for Azpil
Just a quick word of warning on that front; Southampton have three very decent fixtures after the weekend, where defensive returns should be imminent. The exact reason I kept Alderweireld. With Taylor's suspension, I may even start him vs United too.

Don't get me wrong, Azpi would be a good move, and Chelsea coverage is definitely better in the long term. So if you can afford it outright by all means go for it. But should it require a hit I'm not 100 per cent sure it is worth it at this point.

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

Just wildcarded with 4M left in the bank:

Is having two defenders/gk's from West Brom and Aston Villa a bit overkill?

I also would like to bring in Aguero and Terry (and possibly dump Costa and one of my defenders) eventually.

acruxen
Treebeard
FS Record: FPL 14/15: 1078

Post by acruxen »

huskerdu wrote:Just wildcarded with 4M left in the bank:

I also would like to bring in Aguero and Terry (and possibly dump Costa and one of my defenders) eventually.

I think the most overkill thing about your team is having Fàbregas, Hazard and Costa. I think any combination of the two is best, but not all three. if I was in your shoes I would suggest something along the lines of Fàbregas :arrow: Di Maria. They are both differentials but Di Maria is more explosive and has the slightly better fixtures I believe.

I don't see having double Villa or West Brom being a problem. They rotate well so if Debuchy/Bertrand/Shawcross have a bad fixture then there will be a home fixture for one of the defenders.

I think it's time to get rid of Austin personally, I'm keeping him another week but he is probably out next week.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

acruxen wrote:
huskerdu wrote:Just wildcarded with 4M left in the bank:

I think the most overkill thing about your team is having Fàbregas, Hazard and Costa. I think any combination of the two is best, but not all three. if I was in your shoes I would suggest something along the lines of Fàbregas :arrow: Di Maria. They are both differentials but Di Maria is more explosive and has the slightly better fixtures I believe.

I don't see having double Villa or West Brom being a problem. They rotate well so if Debuchy/Bertrand/Shawcross have a bad fixture then there will be a home fixture for one of the defenders.

I think it's time to get rid of Austin personally, I'm keeping him another week but he is probably out next week.
Agree with this first point. Perhaps Fabregas :arrow: Di Maria and Shawcross :arrow: Terry/Cahill? I think some form of United 'cover' is a good idea given their style of play and fixture schedule.

Really is down to personal preference though. The discussion over which three Chelsea players to have has been done to death elsewhere. My personal preference though is def, Hazard, Costa, to cover all bases as it were.

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

Thanks for the input guys, will go tweak the team some more.

Appreciate it!

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

So I have 2 FT's and this is the team I came up with:

Is doubling up on Arsenal midfield a bit much? Was debating downgrading Haz to Oscar (initiall downgraded Sterling to Puncheon)

Any thoughts are welcome :D

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

huskerdu wrote:Hey guys any advice/tips would be appreciated!

Current Team:

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

Need some help here, thanks to not captaining and Aguero's failures lately I've lost 50 of my 75 point lead in my mini league.

Do I dump Ozil, and if so for who?

Any thoughts would be really really appreciated as I would hate to blow the lead entirely.

Current Team:

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Can't really fault that squad huskerdu.

Whatever you decide to do just be mindful that you will probably have the following players with blank weeks in GW33:

Guzan, Hutton, Moreno, Ozil, Giroud

Holding the transfer and using it to prepare for the blanks would be my move.

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

Sammy the Crab wrote:Can't really fault that squad huskerdu.

Whatever you decide to do just be mindful that you will probably have the following players with blank weeks in GW33:

Guzan, Hutton, Moreno, Ozil, Giroud

Holding the transfer and using it to prepare for the blanks would be my move.

Good call buddy, think I'll do that

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

Any help is always appreciated, getting kinda desperate here

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

Hey guys any advice/tips would be appreciated! My lead is only down to 11 points, my rival has sanchez and silva.

Bringing in Kos was a bad move a couple weeks ago.

Thinking of trying to bring in Sanchez/Silva/PvA if my budget allows

Would dumping Hazard be a terrible move to afford Sanchez?

Current Team:

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

With a week to go until the double, I'd probably bank your free this week to give you more flexibility. There's no way to get Sanchez in this week without a hit so I'd hold that -4 back and use it next week with three transfers if you need to.

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

Before you get priced out I'd be very tempted to do Koscielny & Fabregas out for PVA & Sanchez for a -4.

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

Mav3rick wrote:With a week to go until the double, I'd probably bank your free this week to give you more flexibility. There's no way to get Sanchez in this week without a hit so I'd hold that -4 back and use it next week with three transfers if you need to.
My rival has Silva, I'm a bit nervous about keeping Fabregas with Chelsea having nothing to play for and City playing QPR.

But I appreciate the tip, as maybe it's best to save the FT.

Am even thinking of doing Kos to pvA and Hazard to Sanchez when GW 37 comes.

Thoughts on that move after next week?

huskerdu
FISOhead

Post by huskerdu »

Sammy the Crab wrote:Before you get priced out I'd be very tempted to do Koscielny & Fabregas out for PVA & Sanchez for a -4.
That's not a bad idea, do you consider Silva essential though? Blew a 46 point lead down to 11 thanks to these past 3 weeks, oof

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Re: RE: Re: huskerdu's RMT

Post by Sammy the Crab »

huskerdu wrote:
Sammy the Crab wrote:Before you get priced out I'd be very tempted to do Koscielny & Fabregas out for PVA & Sanchez for a -4.
That's not a bad idea, do you consider Silva essential though? Blew a 46 point lead down to 11 thanks to these past 3 weeks, oof
Well you can't have everyone and I think Sanchez is more important considering the double.

I assume your rival also has Hazard?

huskerdu
FISOhead

Re: RE: Re: huskerdu's RMT

Post by huskerdu »

Sammy the Crab wrote:
huskerdu wrote:
Well you can't have everyone and I think Sanchez is more important considering the double.

I assume your rival also has Hazard?

Yes he does, here is his team:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/ ... istory/35/

Sammy the Crab
Dumbledore

Post by Sammy the Crab »

So taking out Hazard is pretty pointless then.

It's really whether you are happy going without Sanchez? If you are then leave your Arsenal three and just switch Fabregas out for Silva. If you need Sanchez then I think you've just got to ignore Silva.

I guess you have a 0.2 buffer so could always get Silva in this week and then take the hit for Sanchez the week after?
Last edited by Sammy the Crab on 04 May 2015, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”