Norwegian Eliteserien Fantasy Football
Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: Eliteserien 2020

Post by Oxford NZ »

This is the best I can muster for GW28
eliteserien GW.jpg
Makani to Rossbach with my FT for GW29 plus a hit or two.
Good luck for the rest of the season :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner Fantasy Football Scotland 2021/22

Post by Stormrider »

Unlucky with Makani :( . But Rossbach could be a masterstroke depending on rotation. 5 chances for points in 2 game weeks - could be great

Good luck to you too!

MTPockets
Treebeard

Post by MTPockets »

BG-Vik could be rescheduled to the 13th (GW29 and DGW)
But we probably won't know before the deadline...
https://twitter.com/ESNFantasy/status/1 ... 1761938433

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Cheers MTP
We just have to assume that will and set up the squad to suit.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

99 points after the first games and still I get a red arrow. Oh well, a competitive game. No chips for me and I'm satisfied with my choice of captain (Pellegrino). It could have been worse.

The thriller is administrative: there is still a chance that Bodø/Glimt-Viking can be included in the GW29, ref MTPockets above. Thats why I decided to include all three BG players this GW. I was tempted to captain one of them as well, but decided against this in the end.

Bølla

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

Latest info: BG-Viking will be moved to 19 December. That is still GW 30 so no real impact on Fantasy.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Oh, ok, thanks Bolla! Actually good news - had the game gone to GW29 everyone had just missed up o half the team for the last round - now it gets more interesting whether to load up with further doublers or keep the BG players.

Pellegrino - yes, great so far :) . Looking forward to the second part of the games.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

How are you doing and how are you preparing for the last GW?
I got 130 points in GW29, but this turned out to be nothing but mediocre. No Bakenga and James in stead of Ohi hurt. I never considered Ohi, but was close to a strategy involving Bakenga. Oh well.

Bakenga is a doubt for the next two games. I hear that the local newspaper is saying that "he's better". Not sure if I'd trust him to play both games in GW 30.

I'd like to know if James or Ohi starts the game tomorrow, as well as the prospects for Ellingsen. That may be tricky as I'll drive the family to the airport very close to the deadline. Maybe I'll do James->Salvesen anyhow. It doesn't really matter, I'm way down the ranks this year. But maybe I can keep the second place in the FISO league if my players do what they should do.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Personally I am having a shocking end to the season, I did get Ohi's points for my FT last week but having transferred him out for the potentially injured Bakenga this week I .hold out little hope of recovering the 2.5k drop in OR over the last few GW's.

Good luck to you all and thanks for posting on this thread during the season:)

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Hi Oxford,

Can only second your statement - thanks to you and all who posted and helped to keep the thread alive during the 2020 season. Special thanks to Bolla who provided a lot of insight throughout the year. Much appreciated!

Personally, found it difficult during most part of the season - could only break into the top 4000 by round 15 and then again no progress for the next 10 gw's - shows, how strong the template was this season with an unbelievably strong Glimt team, Pellegrino scoring big points very constantly, then the Viking attackers and some good options in defence. Luckily, the run-in went very well. Hoping to stay inside the top 1000 later tonight.

Good luck to all for the ultimo round tonight!

MTPockets
Treebeard

Post by MTPockets »

Not a great final gw but been a fun season.
Looking forward to the next one. Will try to post more here
Merry xmas to all

MTPockets
Treebeard

Post by MTPockets »

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Eliteserien 2021

Post by Oxford NZ »

:) Thanks MTP. Not sure if I am playing but will be keeping an eye on the league and watching some of the matches.

MTPockets
Treebeard

Re: Eliteserien 2021

Post by MTPockets »

Some early prices: https://twitter.com/FPLVIKING10/status/ ... 7190118401
(from Fantasy FK podcast)

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

MTPockets wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 22:08 Some early prices: https://twitter.com/FPLVIKING10/status/ ... 7190118401
(from Fantasy FK podcast)
Thanks MTP :) I have been watching to see how the preseason plays out but with covid there is not much going on at the moment.
A bit going on in the transfer market but no big signings ( that I have seen) so far. Helland moving on from RBK was no surprise, and he still has a bit of skill to offer Lillestrøm if he can stay fit.

MTPockets
Treebeard

Post by MTPockets »

Oxford NZ wrote: 23 Feb 2021, 05:40 Thanks MTP :) I have been watching to see how the preseason plays out but with covid there is not much going on at the moment.
A bit going on in the transfer market but no big signings ( that I have seen) so far. Helland moving on from RBK was no surprise, and he still has a bit of skill to offer Lillestrøm if he can stay fit.
Yeah not super exciting, and more Covid means season start could be postponed: https://www.sportsbibelen.com/no/nff-se ... li-utsatt/

1albert
Treebeard
FS Record: Fiso FPL Cup 2018/19 3rd Place
Fiso FPL H2H League 1 2018/19 Champion
Fiso FPL Ctibbets H2H Spring League 18/19 Champion
Fiso Eliteserien League 2019 3rd place

Post by 1albert »

Only two weeks to kick-off and no sign of the fantasy game being released. Is it late, or have I missed something?

MTPockets
Treebeard

Post by MTPockets »

1albert wrote: 22 Mar 2021, 06:47 Only two weeks to kick-off and no sign of the fantasy game being released. Is it late, or have I missed something?
Yeah delayed until first weekend in May (at the earliest due to Covid cases among the teams):
https://www.eliteserien.no/nyheter/seri ... lgen-i-mai

1albert
Treebeard

Post by 1albert »

MTPockets wrote: 22 Mar 2021, 13:43
1albert wrote: 22 Mar 2021, 06:47 Only two weeks to kick-off and no sign of the fantasy game being released. Is it late, or have I missed something?
Yeah delayed until first weekend in May (at the earliest due to Covid cases among the teams):
https://www.eliteserien.no/nyheter/seri ... lgen-i-mai
Thanks, MTPockets, that's much appreciated.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

The game went live some days ago: https://fantasy.eliteserien.no

I have set up a team I may discuss later. I see that my first version has a lot of value tied up in defence. This will change with later drafts. I struggle to find three strikers I want to play/keep.
But plenty of time left here, no hurry.

MTPockets
Treebeard

Post by MTPockets »

Cheers. Fixtures have changed, so ignore the ticker above

1albert
Treebeard

Post by 1albert »

That's me signed up for another season.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

:) FISO Classic Eliteserien league

https://en.fantasy.eliteserien.no/leagu ... oin/q2h97o

q2h97o

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Thanks for renewing Oxford NZ. Looking forward to another interesting season and race for the crown in the FISO league :)

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

The first GW deadline rapidly approaching and unfortunately covid is going to ply hell with the fixtures. Seems we will have a few blanks GW1 and 2. A double GW3 and a few big doubles mis season.
Saving the first WC will be the best strategy. RBK and Brann look good for GW3 so that gives a basis for the squad.
RBK beat Raufoss 3-0 in a preseason game that they should have won easily. Goals from Ceide, Islamovic and Holse. Man of the match Hoff but noot sure about his fantasy points potential until I have seen more.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 18 Apr 2021, 01:08
Oxford NZ wrote: Time to sit back and just enjoy the football and forget the fantasy game for a few days. :)
In my case I am just setting up my Eliteserien squad, and trying to get a balanced side using the available cash. I will be looking back through your posts on that subject with interest. The principles are ( or should be) the same, but Eliteserien seems to have fewer predicable clean sheets and eye test is more important than stats.
  1. Is it fun? Would you recommend it?
  2. Are Lillestrøm in the league? I used to work near Oslo a fair bit and sometimes drank in the pub their fans used (everything draped with yellow flags) so have a bit of a soft spot for them.
  3. How the hell are you supposed to use the eye test when you never see any games? :lol:
  4. Where would you find Eliteserien stats anyway?
I actually wouldn't mind having a go at something where everything would basically be a shot in the dark. :)

Best picks from Lillestrøm are Helland and Asen who should team up well in mid field and Lehne Olsen.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

[/quote]
Best picks from Lillestrøm are Helland and Asen who should team up well in mid field and Lehne Olsen.
[/quote]

Not sure I agree with you regarding Helland. Certainly one of the best players in the league when he's at his best, but he's very prone to injuries and he has been inconsistent the last seasons. I'm not touching him from the start. Aasen is more of an interest to me, but I'm probably not getting him either.

My choice at Lillestrøm is the goalkeeper, Craninx. Mostly because he's only 4.5, but I also think he's a good man for the job. It's either him or the goalie at Vålerenga.

The entire LSK backline is cheap and tempting. But one defensive player from this team is enough to satisfy my appetite for now.

But then, the team from the start can be dictated by changes in fixtures, early BGWs and DGWs to come.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

Note the changes in the fixture list. Several teams blank in the first two GWs. There will be a DGW (RBK and Brann) in GW3, a large DGW in GW 7, another DGW in GW9 and also a DGW in GW 13. And this is if things go according to the plan. It could get even more complex.

This makes it complicated for all. But it also benefits those who are used to fantasy planning. Is that us? My first thought is to load up my team with BG, Rosenborg and Molde. Add Vålerenga to the mix as well. This would set the team up well for the first GW's and hopefully work ok all the way to GW7. The downside is that those teams have expensive players and I will have to leave some premiums out in order to make a squad. It will also be almost impossible to use the "attack" in GW 7. Also, there will hardly be funds for substitutes who get minutes by such an approach. A wildcard could be used soon after DGW 7. Not sure yet and plenty of time to rethink this.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Thanks Bola. I had planned the RBK triple up for GW3 and 2 BG and 2 Molde. An early WC is always my game plan but this season I am going to hold it and use hits to move the money around and try and build TV and get to GW7 with attack attack.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

The season is approaching. Six days to go now, time to prepare a draft that can be close to the final thing.

I won't pretend to be an expert, there are other resources who know the Norwegian football far better than me.
But for what it's worth I'll give you my opinion ahead of the season.

It's not controversial to say that four teams stand out in terms of quality. The following four are expected to fight for the title: Bodø/Glimt, Vålerenga, Molde and Rosenborg. Good to know that they all have successive games from GW1 onwards, as well as upcoming DGW's and decent fixtures. Needless to say, players from these teams will be very attractive from a fantasy perspective. The downside is that they are rather expensive and some clubs (Molde in particular) have a depth in their squad which makes rotation an issue.
At the other end of the table you'd expect to find teams like Sandefjord, Strømsgodset and Mjøndalen. But there are fantasy bargains to be found here when the first couple of GW's are history.

Note that Lillestrøm, Mjøndalen, Sarpsborg, Haugesund, Stabæk and Strømsgodset have no matches in the first two GW's. I see no reason to pick anyone from these teams now, but there will be a WC later where we may take advantage of the upcoming DGWs for these teams.
Brann, Kristansund and Tromsø do all have matches in the two first GWs, but fixtures look difficult.
Viking, on the other hand, will tempt many. Odd also has a decent start in terms of fixtures, but do blank GW2.
There are always some surprises, in particular early in the season, but who?

In terms of fantasy I've narrowed my search to this lot:
Rosenborg: Dahl Reitan, Henriksen, Zach, Vecchia, Islamovic
Molde: Holmgren Pedersen, Gregersen, Bjørnbak, Hussain, Ulland Andersen. Wolff Eikrem is the best player, but a bit expensive and injured so I'll leave him out for now.
B/G: Bjørkan, Saltnes, Berg, Sørli
Vålerenga: Klaesson, Borch., Näsberg, Dønnum.

From other teams: Berisha (Viking), Bakenga( Odd), Taylor (Brann).

Many are left out, some due to price/value, others due to fixtures (lack of early games). A line must be drawn somewhere. I will have to add a few cut-price options who will see nothing but the bench for my team. The team will be reassessed after GW3, but I'll ideally hold on to my WC until DGW7 has passed.

Who are you looking at ? Someone not on my watchlist above?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Eliteserien Fantasy”