To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

No UFPL next season?

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League - starting 2014/15
Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

No UFPL next season?

Post by Stemania »

A member of fantasyfootballscout got the following message from FPL Towers today:

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2 ... t_13481265

"Hi Dean,

Thanks for your email and interest in Ultimate Fantasy Premier League (UFPL).

We can confirm that the Ultimate game will not be running during the 2016/17 season. As part of a major overhaul of the Premier League’s digital properties, we’re focused on rebuilding and improving the free to play Fantasy Premier League game in advance of the new season. So while UFPL may return in the future, it will not be available this August.

Kind regards,
Ultimate Fantasy Premier League Support"

The Bear
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Would be alot better but for Andy L & E !

Re: No UFPL next season?

Post by The Bear »

The decline of Fantasy Football games continues :(

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

They need to have more custom options on FPL, pay leagues is better way to go.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

:( This is crap news. I was going to win this next season.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

well, I can spare myself getting a passport ;)

"rebuilding and improving the free to play Fantasy Premier League"
words
waiting for facts

Ardrageen
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Retired from FPL. Used to be ok at it. 120th FPL. 1st FFS HOF.

Post by Ardrageen »

This improving and rebuilding comment is very interesting. In the absence of any "facts" I wonder what they are planning. Some people seem to be speculating that the rise in popularity of Daily Fantasy Sports like DraftKings may encourage the FPL people to include an element of that in this years game. Interesting times ahead.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Would be good if they adopted the Sun's approach and gave British managers the option, (they'd be too wary of anti-gambling legislation to include overseas managers), of playing the game for free or paying a fiver. Everyone, paid and free entrants, would all be in the same competition for the kudos of being best in the world and for the winner's football shirt or whatever. Simultaneously all paying managers would also be in a separate competition in which the major part of the prize money (after a small deduction for admin) should be awarded as prizes for the top managers in that competition.

If of the large number of British entrants as few as 10% coughed up a fiver the total prize money even after a 20% deduction for admin would be in excess of £500,000. That might enable them to provide five figure prizes for anyone in the top ten. That would surely increase the enthusiasm of some managers for the game.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Gutted was looking forward to trying this for the up coming season

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

R.I.P.

A game I never got to play unfortunately.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Has anyone heard any official news about this?? Was really hoping to give this a go for the 2016/17 season

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

Stemania wrote:A member of fantasyfootballscout got the following message from FPL Towers today:

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2 ... t_13481265

"Hi Dean,

We can confirm that the Ultimate game will not be running during the 2016/17 season. As part of a major overhaul of the Premier League’s digital properties, we’re focused on rebuilding and improving the free to play Fantasy Premier League game in advance of the new season. So while UFPL may return in the future, it will not be available this August.

Kind regards,

Maybe , just maybe..they are planning on incorporating subs and captain changes into the fpl game. I think so long as it's only one captain change per gw I would welcome this a lot more than those wretched chips

DAREEL
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of FISO McDonald's Euro 2016 official . league. FPL player since the game began. Successful cash mini league player that usually ends up in profit

Post by DAREEL »

S_sutton87 wrote:Gutted was looking forward to trying this for the up coming season

Me too. I love the format

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

I only really got to grips with this in the 2nd half of last season (my first effort at it) and was really looking forward to it this year - shame.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Stemania wrote: "Hi Dean,

Kind regards,
Fingers crossed for next season...

llama
Grumpy Old Man

Post by llama »

Striker wrote:Would be good if they adopted the Sun's approach and gave British managers the option, (they'd be too wary of anti-gambling legislation to include overseas managers), of playing the game for free or paying a fiver. Everyone, paid and free entrants, would all be in the same competition for the kudos of being best in the world and for the winner's football shirt or whatever. Simultaneously all paying managers would also be in a separate competition in which the major part of the prize money (after a small deduction for admin) should be awarded as prizes for the top managers in that competition.

If of the large number of British entrants as few as 10% coughed up a fiver the total prize money even after a 20% deduction for admin would be in excess of £500,000. That might enable them to provide five figure prizes for anyone in the top ten. That would surely increase the enthusiasm of some managers for the game.
Agreed.

This game is crying out for a decent prize structure; It's my favourite game to play yet It receives the least amount of my time due to the awful prizes on offer.

FPLCasual
Kevin and Perry

Post by FPLCasual »

No UFPL again in 17/18.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Is that official?

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

It is :-(

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Boo. I was thinking of moving over if it came back.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”