To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO Ultimate FPL - 2015-16

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League - starting 2014/15
thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FISO Ultimate FPL - 2015-16

Post by thesilkworm »

Sanchez blanking was frustrating of course, but I'm more annoyed at myself for accidentally subbing off Barkley (3) instead of Mahrez (2) - I know it's only one point, but still a rookie error to make a mistake in one of the few situations in fantasy football where there are zero unknown factors! If that one point ends up meaning anything come the end of the season, I'll be kicking myself.

I haven't looked too much at those above me, but I would guess that those flying high have probably taken the odd risk, and hopefully their luck will run out at some point. I've taken a fairly 'steady' approach - built a balanced squad where almost everyone will play a part and with good matchday distribution, and have only taken a couple of loans. I've been lucky with the Aguero injury, as I opted against him for a few reasons (meant quite big improvements in other areas, injury record isn't ideal for a season long game like this, and multiple chances to better his captain score each week rather than just one in regular FPL). I might still bring him in during the transfer window if he returns from injury and looks good, but will cross that bridge. Very happy with the position I'm in (41st), and am hopeful I can keep climbing.

You're in a very good position yourself - hopefully at least one of us is in contention for the big prize at the end of the season!

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Anyone thinking about loaning in a Palace attacking option for a MD3 captain option? If you don't already have one of course. Super strong MD1 team this week but not so good on 2/3.

fantasyfaz
FISOhead
FS Record: Telegraph weekly Tinkerman winner Telegraph Cricket weekly winner, TFFO 3rd place 2009, TFFO manager of the month Sept 2008

Post by fantasyfaz »

No I have players each day and hopefully by MD3 I won't want to change my captain.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

If Lukaku and Kane let me down then maybe it's the week for Delaney to shine.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Ha, yeah I have the same three captain options at the moment. Think you're probably right that it's not worth a loan when it's relatively unlikely a Palace player will be needed for the armband.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Anyone else have a ridiculous MD1 benching dilemma this week? Need to bench 2 of:

Pedro (NOR)
Sterling (LIV)
Sanchez (wba)
Barkley (AVL)
Mahrez (new)
Ayew (BOU)
Mane (STK)

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Shocking season for me. No MD2 players and only Defoe for Monday.

I love the format, so might enter a December team :-)

From the above list, I'd probably bench Pedro and Barkley.

fantasyfaz
FISOhead
FS Record: Telegraph weekly Tinkerman winner Telegraph Cricket weekly winner, TFFO 3rd place 2009, TFFO manager of the month Sept 2008

Post by fantasyfaz »

I'm going to captain Pedro so with my luck yes bench Pedro would be safe as I have a captains curse.

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

Hazard (c) on MD1 because I'm in such a crappy position that I need to go against the grain and hope for the best.

Have 3 Spurs players on MD2 so that, at least, puts me a head of a lot of people.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Think I've settled on benching Sterling and Barkley out of that 7 I posted earlier, although not remotely confident that it's a good decision. Seems so little to choose between the lot of them (Sanchez the only one I didn't even consider benching).

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Well that wasn't my best decision.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Ouch. At least you didn't bench Mahrez or Ayew. Happy with my day so far with my only bad result being benching Pizzaboy Huth for Colo/Monreal.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore

Post by Mo Bot »

Aguero scoring leaves me with the decision of Ighalo's 6 points or Kane?

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Got one of them (Sterling) right at least. Also had Skrtel on bench, but can't be too annoyed about that as was clear decision which I'd make every time.

I think I'd probably gamble on Kane in that situation.

brencarr
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF best finish; 60th 2013/14

Post by brencarr »

I looked at the dream team for this week, obviously an unlikely team to have but always interesting - but the team of the week is on 111 points but seems to have used more players than is possible, e.g. it's used Hart and Butland .... any idea what's going on there?

Mo Bot
Dumbledore

Post by Mo Bot »

One to bench for day1?
Rooney (Lei)
Ighalo(AVL)
Lukaku(Bou)
Kun (Sot)

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Your MD1 squad is a hell of a lot stronger than mine!

I guess Ighalo but I wouldn't be happy benching any of them.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore

Post by Mo Bot »

Happy to say I benched Rooney(so far) but unhappy to say I captained Kun. Got to love a game where you can correct that tomorrow with Ozil or Kane.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore

Post by Mo Bot »

5 transfer spots available. Kane, Ozil and Monreal will come in. Which 1 from Ayew, Alderweireld or Pedro should stay on the bench?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Mo Bot wrote:Got to love a game where you can correct that tomorrow.
Do you love it as much when you got a great captain on match day 1, while the majority of the field are getting another free go? :wink:

Mo Bot
Dumbledore

Post by Mo Bot »

Striker wrote:
Mo Bot wrote:Got to love a game where you can correct that tomorrow.
Do you love it as much when you got a great captain on match day 1, while the majority of the field are getting another free go? :wink:
Very true. I like the decision making aspect of if I have a decent captain score, do I swap out or not.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I'd like to see a restriction on the number of subs, just like real life. If you could only make three during a gameweek, I think starting XIs would be rather different!

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

bspittles wrote:I'd like to see a restriction on the number of subs, just like real life. If you could only make three during a gameweek, I think starting XIs would be rather different!
As soon as I see "real life" in relation to fantasy, I'm always a bit suspicious. People tend to be selective as to which bits of " real life" they'd like to adopt. How about those three substitutions which you propose being made during games, just like in "real life". Similarly we could scrap points for assists, etc etc etc.

By all means argue to reduce the number of substitutions allowed, but use a better argument, (some do exist) than the "real life" one.

fantasyfaz
FISOhead

Post by fantasyfaz »

Got 7 Subs for GW 2 but can only really use 4 as had a decent day for once.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Striker wrote:
bspittles wrote:I'd like to see a restriction on the number of subs, just like real life. If you could only make three during a gameweek, I think starting XIs would be rather different!
As soon as I see "real life" in relation to fantasy, I'm always a bit suspicious. People tend to be selective as to which bits of " real life" they'd like to adopt. How about those three substitutions which you propose being made during games, just like in "real life". Similarly we could scrap points for assists, etc etc etc.

By all means argue to reduce the number of substitutions allowed, but use a better argument, (some do exist) than the "real life" one.
Fair point. I'd like to reduce the number of subs that can be made to increase the impact of managerial style tactics :-)

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Are those of you with the armband on Lukaku sticking or twisting? I'd definitely stick on 8 points, but he only got 6 due to two 'big chances missed', so think it's quite a close call. Sanchez or Kane the realistic options I have.

Mo - I'd wait until you can see whether or not Pedro is starting, and if so drop Ayew.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

bspittles wrote:I'd like to reduce the number of subs that can be made to increase the impact of managerial style tactics.
That suggestion has considerable merit. :wink: :lol: :wink:

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

I'm up to 11th now :)

I planned carefully for the first 14 gameweeks, as these were the only weeks for which matchday fixtures were known at the start of the season (and during the transfer window). Pleased to see that it's paid off, although have had my fair share of luck too of course.

There's every chance I could fall away a little now as I don't have a squad which was planned with these next fixtures in mind, but we'll see what happens and re-evaluate at the next transfer window. Squad looking a little thin with injuries and three out-of-form Swansea players. It would be a nice bonus if Lewis Grabban can keep hold of his spot in the Norwich team though!

Mo Bot
Dumbledore

Post by Mo Bot »

thesilkworm wrote:I'm up to 11th now :)
Well played sir.
thesilkworm wrote: It would be a nice bonus if Lewis Grabban can keep hold of his spot in the Norwich team though!
Only if you play him when he scores :wink:

How are you planning for the transfer window? Will you take the likes of Krul, McCarthy and Wilson out right away or store up transfers to see who new comes in?

I'm up to 61st but leaving Alderweireld out cost me a top 50 place this week. Surprised I'm that high up especially as I don't have Mahrez/Vardy and I benched Pelle, Ighalo and Lukaku for early season hauls. Not many went with Ozil or Ighalo so that counters it a bit.

I have Wilson, Shaw and Gomez who can come out straight away. Thauvin, Boruc, Sinclair and Anya are also on shoogly pegs along with Rooney and Pedro but that doesn't leave much flexibility (cash) to mix things up with a Hazard or Sanchez or whoever. Blank/double gameweek planning seems key so League Cup action actually has some hold for me this week.

My MD1 strikers headache continue this week with the options being:
Kane (wba)
Ighalo (NOR)
Aguero (sto)
Rooney (WHU)

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Very nice position also.

To answer your first question, it will entirely depend on how a transfer will affect my team for the weekend immediately after the transfer. I won't be, for example, transferring Wilson out for Vardy immediately when the transfer window opens if it just means I'll have to bench a good option that week. Typically I like to save my transfers until late on, but we'll see how things go. I think last year I made a couple early on (bringing in Kane and Aguero for injured players), and saved the rest for the last week. I think a goalkeeper transfer will almost certainly happen early on in the window - I only have one playing keeper, so will probably be worth an immediate transfer to have a second option. Agree that planning for double gameweeks will be key, and possibly a reason to hold some transfers until as late in the window as possible.

I guess there's not too much point worrying about the transfer window at the moment anyway, as it's not like in regular FPL how decisions we make in the next few weeks will have any affect on future plans.

That's another strong MD1 team you've got there - assuming Aguero's fit, I think it's hard to look past Rooney as the one to be benched out of that lot.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”