To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO Ultimate FPL - 2015-16

Ultimate Fantasy Premier League - starting 2014/15
thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Re: FISO Ultimate FPL - 2015-16

Post by thesilkworm »

Just missed the deadline for the first time this season and turns out neither of my Palace players are playing anyway :)

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Think this is going to be a fairly painful weekend for me in Ultimate, since I somehow own neither Aguero nor KDB. Oops.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Me too, a few players on zero :-(

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Gone from overall rank 32 to 482!

Jagduracell
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd TFF World Cup 2014, 8th in TFF Fantasy Lions and a few TFF and TFC weekly wins

Post by Jagduracell »

So, Do I move the armband from Aguero onto Sanchez tomorrow on the off-chance he gets 6? Hmmmm decisions, decisions....

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

As much as I like this game, what has happened in recent weeks really demonstrates that they need to get rid of this transfer window rule and allow you to make weekly transfers - or at least, tweak the loan rule so you can loan somebody in on a permanent basis perhaps for the loss of 6-10pts.

Since the transfer window closed, I have Wilson and Krul out for the season and a number of other players who are either injured or out of favour. Oh and Ive had to carry Costa for 2 games because of his suspension. After being ranked 19th after 2 weeks, I am now over 1k and the season has become a train wreck!

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

gooberman wrote:As much as I like this game, what has happened in recent weeks really demonstrates that they need to get rid of this transfer window rule and allow you to make weekly transfers - or at least, tweak the loan rule so you can loan somebody in on a permanent basis perhaps for the loss of 6-10pts.

Since the transfer window closed, I have Wilson and Krul out for the season and a number of other players who are either injured or out of favour. Oh and Ive had to carry Costa for 2 games because of his suspension. After being ranked 19th after 2 weeks, I am now over 1k and the season has become a train wreck!
No, no, no. Same arguments you and others made last year;

viewtopic.php?f=339&t=114088

viewtopic.php?f=339&t=115782

... and yet again, you don''t seem to realise (or want to acknowledge) why the transfer window rules are there - it's because there are transfer window rules in the real life EPL, that's the whole point of the game, that's what it's trying to mirror, same as with rules for home grown and U21 players. Yes it's frustrating, i'm stuck with wilson too, as are bournemouth in real life, and that's part of the game.

If the real life EPL gets rid of transfer windows (which they should, but that's a different matter), then this game will too. Otherwise, no.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

I like the transfer window rule in as much as it adds something a bit different but I do find myself sounding like Van Gaal at the moment with so many injuries that I can't effectively deal with.

Still, earlier in the season I benched the wrong striker, missing out on Pelle, Lukaku, Wilson and Ighalo's hauls. Now I don't have enough fit players for this to be a problem.
Aguero, Wilson, Shaw, Kolarov, Delaney, Rooney, Ayew and Anya all flagged and Gomez benched a lot more than I thought he would be.

gooberman
Dumbledore
FS Record: 343rd in FPL 07-08

Post by gooberman »

Mo Bot wrote:I like the transfer window rule in as much as it adds something a bit different but I do find myself sounding like Van Gaal at the moment with so many injuries that I can't effectively deal with.

Still, earlier in the season I benched the wrong striker, missing out on Pelle, Lukaku, Wilson and Ighalo's hauls. Now I don't have enough fit players for this to be a problem.
Aguero, Wilson, Shaw, Kolarov, Delaney, Rooney, Ayew and Anya all flagged and Gomez benched a lot more than I thought he would be.
Think I can trump that:

Wilson and Krul out for season.
Aguero, Silva, Benteke, Delaney, Haidara, Kolarov injured
Gomez, Target, Sako, Pedro, Sagna and Defoe benched last game, Chadli benched the game before and likely to be benched again. Thats 15 of my squad rendered useless.

With no transfers available until January, my season is effectively over. Loans will not help.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Quite a few of them could be considered useless regardless of injury/benching status. :wink:

I can trump that. I chose Thauvin :lol:

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

gooberman - you've been one of the biggest proponents of this game over regular FPL that there's been in this forum, and now that you have an injury crisis, the lack of transfers (the main difference between this and regular FPL) is a flaw in the game? :)

You've also talked about how this is very much a squad game, and I agree. Every player should play his part, so that you can deal with an injury crisis as best you can. You've had some bad luck for sure, but I think you've made some mistakes too - players like Gomez, Targett and Sagna were always risks of not being nailed on. It's easy for me to say with hindsight, but those don't seem like good picks in a game where you know you have no transfers until January. Even Sako and Chadli were slight risks, given the number of attacking mid options at Spurs/Palace.

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

I guess I'm lucky to only have WIlson, Benteke, Kompany and Aguero out of that group. I can put together a 4-5-1 formation with 3 subs for next round :?

I do sympathize with the injury crisis, but as for Gomez and Targett, whoever has them made their own bed as they were clearly risks.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

To be honest, this isn't too bad a week for an injury crisis. Eight games (including all the big teams) are on Saturday, so someone with a fully fit squad is unlikely to be able to utilize it. I have around 20 fit players, and I'm going to have to leave out some decent MD1 options.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

It's all about the strength of your squad. There are times in each season when you're only as good as your weakest player :-)

(I had 6 out last week)

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

Talking of injuries I am barely fielding a team never mind having a strong bench and therefore having to turn to the loan system to get 11 players on the field next Saturday.

It's a pity all those transfers given in August aren't spread out more during the season. Mind you I guess it's trying to replicate the real dilemmas of a PL manager who has to manage injuries. Roll on transfer window.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

sibrown4 wrote:Talking of injuries I am barely fielding a team never mind having a strong bench and therefore having to turn to the loan system to get 11 players on the field next Saturday.

It's a pity all those transfers given in August aren't spread out more during the season. Mind you I guess it's trying to replicate the real dilemmas of a PL manager who has to manage injuries. Roll on transfer window.
Although I'm not as badly affected as you seem to be, having only five "red" players at the moment, I still like the format as it's very different from any other game. Mind you I regard comments like replicating real life in the Premiership as bollox, :wink: as any links between fantasy and real life are tenuous at best.

As you say them loans are there for using. The advantage of having Aguero is that you can get anyone you like in his place. Luckily my Pelle loan was only for one week. :oops:

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Who do people like for the captaincy tonight (if you have an option and don't already have a good score)? Ayew or Gomis?

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

I've got the only option of Williams so not much of a quandary.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Think I'll go Gomis since goal points are equal for all positions, although Ayew is less likely to rack up those 'big chance missed' points and more likely to get key passes etc, so probably pretty close.

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

Between Gomis and Shelvey, I'll go for Gomis, and captain him in Pelle's place.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Never played this before, never even played fpl, so somewhat bemusing to find my injury ravaged squad in the top 10 overall.

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

coleridge wrote:Never played this before, never even played fpl, so somewhat bemusing to find my injury ravaged squad in the top 10 overall.
Awesome. Link?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Monsignor wrote:
coleridge wrote:Never played this before, never even played fpl, so somewhat bemusing to find my injury ravaged squad in the top 10 overall.
Awesome. Link?
Anyone who degenerates into using "awesome" should be banned by fiso for one week. :wink:

Monsignor
FISOhead

Post by Monsignor »

Striker wrote:
Monsignor wrote:
Awesome. Link?
Anyone who degenerates into using "awesome" should be banned by fiso for one week. :wink:
Rad idea, bro :P

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Monsignor wrote:
Awesome. Link?
Sorry no link, but I'm pretty sure it will only be a temporary incursion into the higher reaches, as I am carrying Aguero, Wilson, Shaw, Gomez, Silva, Krul, kolarov and Benteke.

I must also take exception to "awesome" when it should in fact be super awesome.

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Lukaku v Mane today for the captaincy - haven't decided yet. Probably Lukaku since mids don't get the extra goal point in this game. Anyone else got a captaincy decision?

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I only have Lukaku or Defoe to bring in today, and my captain played but scored zero :lol: so not really much choice :-)

Mo Bot
Dumbledore

Post by Mo Bot »

My decision was whether to switch from captain KDB. I did :D

thesilkworm
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thesilkworm »

Glad I went Lukaku - softened the blow somewhat of having Mané captain in regular FPL.

Up to 60th, have Kane and Toby to play. Annoyingly, I'm playing squash from 7-7:40 tomorrow night, meaning I probably can't do my usual thing of not subbing players in until seeing lineups. Would probably be taking my obsession too far to stop for a tactical 'bathroom break' mid-game.

Mo Bot
Dumbledore

Post by Mo Bot »

Unlucky with Sanchez today Silkworms. Looking at the teams above you, I don't thin many know what they're doing. Taking out 8 point Deeney for Bony for example.

I'm happy with my Ozil (c) today of course and will hopefully be around the 200 rank.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Ultimate FPL”