To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Has Mourinho lost the dressing room?

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
froog
FISOhead

Has Mourinho lost the dressing room?

Post by froog »

i can't think of any other reason. this is beyond the usual poor run of form most teams have during the year. this group of players are the reigning champs.

Notned
FISO Knight

Re: Has Mourinho lost the dressing room?

Post by Notned »

All stemming from the Eva situation, I think. He handled the situation appallingly, and it seems to have filtered into other issues and created a lot of unrest.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Makes sense as they are shocking against Soton, but they weren't good before that?

folcane
Treebeard

Post by folcane »

Notned wrote:All stemming from the Eva situation, I think. He handled the situation appallingly, and it seems to have filtered into other issues and created a lot of unrest.
I think something else must have happened and the Eva situation is one of the symptoms. Its obvious now that the players are not playing for him. His blind trust in Ivanovic is now beyond anyone's understanding. Both he and John Terry are done at this level. I don't believe he has to be sacked and he can start with the process of rebuilding right now without the pressure of winning the title. But if the relationship between him and the players is broken than it would be very difficult for him to keep his position.

FPL wise its save to say to stay away from these players for now.

quarky
Treebeard

Post by quarky »

He actually reminds of a footballing Napoleon - 1815.

Incredible leader, who has done great things in the past, but the pressure of expectation, as well as his pride, means that (perhaps) he isn't listening to those around him and his invincibility aura has gone. The other clubs smell blood and are circling, and he doesn't know how to get the magic back.

What game will be his Waterloo? Or was it today?

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

quarky wrote:He actually reminds of a footballing Napoleon - 1815.

Incredible leader, who has done great things in the past, but the pressure of expectation, as well as his pride, means that (perhaps) he isn't listening to those around him and his invincibility aura has gone. The other clubs smell blood and are circling, and he doesn't know how to get the magic back.

What game will be his Waterloo? Or was it today?
If Mourinho is the footballing Napoleon, then this season is his 1812 Russian failure. :lol:

You can lead the troops to Moscow but you can't stop them from eating each other. :lol:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

folcane wrote:
Notned wrote:All stemming from the Eva situation, I think. He handled the situation appallingly, and it seems to have filtered into other issues and created a lot of unrest.
I think something else must have happened and the Eva situation is one of the symptoms. Its obvious now that the players are not playing for him. His blind trust in Ivanovic is now beyond anyone's understanding. Both he and John Terry are done at this level. I don't believe he has to be sacked and he can start with the process of rebuilding right now without the pressure of winning the title. But if the relationship between him and the players is broken than it would be very difficult for him to keep his position.

FPL wise its save to say to stay away from these players for now.
No pressure in terms of the title, but plenty in terms of finishing top four. They certainly can't afford a season outside Europe's elite. It's not clear who their rivals for that place are right now, but if they continue to lose ground then someone has to get it!

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

I'd like to think that the performance level stems from the toxic karma resulting from his handling of the Eva situation. :wink:

But more realistically, perhaps seeing how he reacted then resulted in the Chelsea squad finally seeing him for the arrogant t*sser that he is. :lol:

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Striker wrote:
I'd like to think that the performance level stems from the toxic karma resulting from his handling of the Eva situation. :wink:

But more realistically, perhaps seeing how he reacted then resulted in the Chelsea squad finally seeing him for the arrogant t*sser that he is. :lol:
It would indeed be deserved karma if it was due to Evagate but this is football we are talking about so it must have something to do with money, the effects of money, the spending of money, the non spending of money, the lack of money, too much money, the smell of money or egos.

NoEyeDeer
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Beginner

Post by NoEyeDeer »

Come on guys, a bit of respect please.

Enough of all the destructive speculation.

Let's all just take a step back and enjoy this train wreck for what it is. :P

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

As an Arsenal fan I think it's telling that even in the midst of their awful run we still didn't have the bottle to beat them.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Vincent Black Shadow wrote:As an Arsenal fan I think it's telling that even in the midst of their awful run we still didn't have the bottle to beat them.
I thought that as Soton ran riot... But as a neutral :wink:

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Vincent Black Shadow wrote:As an Arsenal fan I think it's telling that even in the midst of their awful run we still didn't have the bottle to beat them.
Quite. I suppose semi crisis has become a natural state of affairs at the Emirates, so much so that it's just accepted. The difference is that Arsenal still manage to win most games, I don't think there is much doubt that they'll finish top 4 in the end, whereas Chelsea will now have to go against the record to do so.

Vincent Black Shadow
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Vincent Black Shadow »

Tacalabala wrote:
Quite. I suppose semi crisis has become a natural state of affairs at the Emirates, so much so that it's just accepted. The difference is that Arsenal still manage to win most games, I don't think there is much doubt that they'll finish top 4 in the end, whereas Chelsea will now have to go against the record to do so.
Yeah I have no doubt we will make the top four, I think we'll really hit a consistent stride post-xmas after being dumped out of the CL. I think this is the best chance we have had in a long time to win it, I'm not overly impressed with United despite them sitting 1st, and City look a bit jekyll and hyde, but I don't expect we'll finish higher than second.

It would make my year for Chelsea (led by Mourinho) to finish outside of the top 4, though. And I don't think Joses style lends itself to coming through incredibly tough periods and then winnig games convincingly, i.e. City vs Newcastle, they're far too functional for that.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”