To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW20 wildcard ?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

GW20 wildcard ?

Post by carver »

Just thinking out loud here . But anyone else think this is feasible especially for those who have ground to make up. Bench boost and free hit already used

Reasons for
-3 city seems a good idea for next 3 games
-Bench is bloated from bench boost . Cheap enablers about like smith Rowe and Mitchell back in contention.
-GW deadline is after fa cup 4th round . 5th round has already been drawn and so we can try and predict the doublers in gw26. May be possible to pick a great team for 20-25 with doublers in 26.

Reasons against
-Possible Leeds southampton dgw in 23 ?
-Players that are good picks now won’t necessarily be the best ones in dgw26
-Blank gw29 could be hard to navigate without free hit

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Re: GW20 wildcard ?

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

There are teams that will probably double in 26 even if they don't blank in 29 (check Ben Crellin's twitter). Could be enough to form the basis of the team. I think no BB makes it easier and I wouldn't want to WC into 29 given the paucity of likely good options.

I'm in a different situation with my FH still intact so I'll be holding the WC either until just before 26 or ideally to WC after a FH29

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Re: GW20 wildcard ?

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yes if you have a FH, that changes everything in terms of strategy.

As for WC timing, it a fine line between having the most information available and leaving it too late. I certainly think early wildcards are often useful but maybe not this season.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”