To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Should I BB this DGW?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
velcro
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Pontoon winner 2013/14, 18/19

Should I BB this DGW?

Post by velcro »

I’m in a bit of a quandary.

I’d been making transfers in the past few GWs to maximise BB this week.
With the fixture amendments I’m now left with 6 SGW players - McCarthy, Dallas, Raphinha, Son, Kane & Bamford. The outfielders have good SGW matchups on paper, but with the number of fixtures outstanding and others that will need to reschedule due to cup progress would BB be a waste this week?

Cheers

Vel

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Re: Should I BB this DGW?

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

velcro wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 11:48 I’m in a bit of a quandary.

With the fixture amendments I’m now left with 6 SGW players - McCarthy, Dallas, Raphinha, Son, Kane & Bamford. The outfielders have good SGW matchups on paper, but with the number of fixtures outstanding and others that will need to reschedule due to cup progress would BB be a waste this week?

Cheers

Vel
Transfers and ITB available? If possible I'd try to swap McCarthy for a keeper with a double, maybe Dallas as well and use the BB. Alternative is to hold and WC 25 and BB 26 which will probably also be a fairly large double

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

I think you're good velco, my SGW players this week are - Kane, Bamford, Son, Neto and Saka and I'm going to play BB chip

velcro
Grumpy Old Man

Post by velcro »

DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: Transfers and ITB available? If possible I'd try to swap McCarthy for a keeper with a double, maybe Dallas as well and use the BB. Alternative is to hold and WC 25 and BB 26 which will probably also be a fairly large double
Already made 2 moves, am not wanting to take any more points hits so squad as is

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I think it's OK. McCarthy the only one I'd be iffy about but as long as he's fit he should get 2-4 points. My BB will be mainly SGW players as well.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Can we make this the all-purpose, official, come-one-come-all 'should I bench boost' thread? I expect it'll be a conundrum for many on here this evening, myself included. Current bench has four former DGWers, best by injury and Shrewsbury f*cking Town.

Current bench: McCarthy, Taylor, Raphinha, Rodrigo
Bench boost (-8): Martinez, Cancelo, Raphinha, Rodrigo

I think I'll do it, partly because I want Martinez & Cancelo longer term running up to the next few doubles, and hitting them in now gives a higher expected points. It's a tough one, though.

johnF
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnF »

Cheers

Vel
I have the exact same single gameweek players as you :shock: (wondering how many of our DGW players are the same also! :D )

I'm planning to BB I think. I'm guessing like me you'd play Kane and Son anyway and your bench would be MCCarthy plus the Leeds players. Leeds have a good fixture and all those players could reasonably get 6 points average so I think that's a good argument to BB.

I'm also considering a final transfer of Raphina -> Gundogan for an additional -4. Bit of a punt but feels nicer to have that extra DGW player who could potentially do OK.

Tony Towners Tache
Treebeard
FS Record: Won - Beerfueledman TFF Euro 2004 League (remember that?)
Won - Nowt else
Highest FPL Finish 3502 2006/07 back when no one else played

Post by Tony Towners Tache »

It's a tricky one. I have Bamford on the bench whom I would like to include in a BB as Brighton may be more open against Leeds. The only two single GW players in the eleven are the obvious Kane and Son. However, the other three on the bench are McCarthy, KWP and JWP. The BB would be a hell of a gamble on Southampton doing well against Leicester particularly defensively which is not guaranteed if Vardy turns up. Also not nailed on that McCarthy will play. So on balance I think I may give it a miss in favour of saving it for GW26. Not tempted to use the TC either this week so a bit of disappointment all round.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

McCarthy back in training can’t see that he is a doubt ?

Tony Towners Tache
Treebeard
FS Record: Won - Beerfueledman TFF Euro 2004 League (remember that?)
Won - Nowt else
Highest FPL Finish 3502 2006/07 back when no one else played

Post by Tony Towners Tache »

Back in training yes but no idea if he is fully recovered or match ready. Given the that 3 of my bench are Southampton players and 2 of them defensive with the other a midfielder I see it as too much of a risk for a BB to capture Bamford points.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Tony Towners Tache wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 15:33It's a tricky one. I have Bamford on the bench whom I would like to include in a BB as Brighton may be more open against Leeds. The only two single GW players in the eleven are the obvious Kane and Son.
Same, I only have 8 doublers but in addition to those, I also have Neto, Meslier, Saiss and Tierney, all of whom I'd want to play this week as well, plus the three you mention, so highly likely to BB.

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

I have two doublers on the bench and still might not BB :lol:

Bench: McCarthy, Lowton, Anguissa, Adams (single-gamers Son and Bamford in starting XI). 1 FT, 0.1 ITB.

I'm just not that enthusiastic about Anguissa or Lowton's prospects - seems like they are nailed-on 4 points. I could do Adams -> Watkins with my FT to make the BB more viable, but investing in Villa seems very risky right now - we don't know how their COVID recovery is going, who is affected, whether they may have another postponement, etc. Plus, I feel like rolling a transfer and increasing flexibility is just a good idea as we endure the peak of this wave of COVID.

But perhaps I'm being too picky and should just get BB out of the way now, so I don't have to butcher my squad structure for it later. :?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Im thinking of losing three single gw players

Forster kilman lacazette

To bring in three double gw players, not decided on the combo yet, but something like

Mendy james anontio or areola cresswell watkins

This should give me 5 extra fixtures (as only laca will play from the sold players) and enable the bench boost.

If i bench my single gw players it would be holding son kane plus one of my keepers (both got dgw)

If i bench my cheapest players it would be holding coufel soucek + a dgw keeper

Think with this set up i have to BB.

fixers
Wideboy

Post by fixers »

similar boat to you all. saved my first WC to attack the DGW bench boost and now not sure i'm even going to use it. lesson learned about overrating this chip.

i have:
8 core doublers
4 single GWers with a good fixture - dallas, saka, bamford, son
2 singler GWers with a poor fixture - mccarthy, adams
1 rotter - c. taylor

at the minute i'm leaning towards not bothering with the BB. i could take a -4 to change c. taylor and adams but i don't see any replacements who i'd actually want to keep long term.

velcro
Grumpy Old Man

Post by velcro »

From what I think I saw on twitter (via Ben Crellin) the GW26 matchups might not be as favourable but everything is so fluid it's unpredictable.
My 9 DGWers aren't too bad - only Chris Wood I have little expectation of beyond basic return. I think it might be worth a gamble and I'll still have TC for later on and WC2 for any major cockups or the like

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Bob Newhart wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 15:49
Tony Towners Tache wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 15:33It's a tricky one. I have Bamford on the bench whom I would like to include in a BB as Brighton may be more open against Leeds. The only two single GW players in the eleven are the obvious Kane and Son.
Same, I only have 8 doublers but in addition to those, I also have Neto, Meslier, Saiss and Tierney, all of whom I'd want to play this week as well, plus the three you mention, so highly likely to BB.
Damnit, Tierney's having a scan, so might be more bothersome than expected. Perhaps time to take a -4 and change him to Stones :roll: It'll give me 9 potential doublers, anyway.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Bob Newhart wrote:
Tony Towners Tache wrote:It's a tricky one. I have Bamford on the bench whom I would like to include in a BB as Brighton may be more open against Leeds. The only two single GW players in the eleven are the obvious Kane and Son.
Tierney and Neto both doubts.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Cheers

Vel
I think you're probably in a place where you can justify it. My BB would be McCarthy, Dallas, Bamford , Adams... which I think is too iffy.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Also in this little boat.

Kane Son Bamford Ayling McCarthy are my SGWers. 0.1 off Lawton to Coufal which is really the only transfer I would have done therefore I’m considering just going with it and rolling the transfer.

The only decision therefore to stick with the BB or switch to TC. I’m not convinced we’ll get the chance to build a stronger 15 than this point though.

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

I have 5 single players and going for BB -12

McCarthy -> Martinez = should outscore McCarthy pretty well and can keep him rest of season. A long term move and Will probably outscore McCarthy alot over Next 10 games. Also with Villa more Dgws
Looking worth a hit and except on WC this week is the best week to do a change of Main GK.
Maybe going for Mendy instead for some differential and Chelsea Also hade nice games

Grealish -> Saka = pretty wierd move but im doing this as my FT too free up funds. Saka is essential for Arsenal, they play Newcastle and I Will keep Saka longterm. Hes Also taking corners and free kicks. Could easily match Grealish points going forward (except DGW).

The Saka move allows me
Bamford-> Antonio (-8)
Adams -> Watkins (-12) - Will wait and not do If i think he has covid

As I see Both those transfers Are massive improvements. Also get Watkins for tasty GW20 fixture against Burnley and Antonio also with pretty good fixtures going Forward.
Will until WC 25 play and rotate Antonio, Watkins, Bamford up front.

With going for Saka instead of Grealish I also can nail 2 more transfers
GW 20: TAA -> Cancelo (in for West Brom home)
GW21: Raphina -> Harvey Barnes (in for Leeds home, Fullham away)

DGW BB team

Martinez, Johnstone
TAA, Robertson, Creswell, Coufal, Dias
Salah, Bruno, KdB, Saka(1game), Rapinha(1game)
Bamford(1game),Watkins,Antonio

ALL IN
Last edited by goooner on 15 Jan 2021, 18:35, edited 1 time in total.

Jos
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Shameful

Post by Jos »

I have 11 players with a double game week which has cost me a -4 hit.

My 3 subs are Bamford, Dallas and Raphinha ... is that bench worth a bench boost ?

I also have enough money in the bank to change McCarthy to Martinez for another hit, is that worth another hit ?

danzku
Treebeard
FS Record: FISO Forum League Cup 2016 Champion
Landlord of The Rounded Keeper 2021/22

Post by danzku »

Unfortunately I spent my last 2 transfers on Adams and Fabianski. Was hoping Moyes to declare Fab fit but seems like he is still a doubt.

That gives me a bench of Fab, Mitchell, Adams, DCL. And I'm also missing KDB.

Awful. Not even a -8 can get me to a safe bench boost.

No one else with Fabianski thinking about what to do?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

danzku wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 19:08
No one else with Fabianski thinking about what to do?
Like Arnie he will be back, maybe not Burnley but WBA is almost guaranteed imo.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Jos wrote: My 3 subs are Bamford, Dallas and Raphinha.. is that bench worth a bench boost ?
I also have enough money in the bank to change McCarthy to Martinez for another hit, is that worth another hit?
Yes to the BB in my opinion but it's getting near to being a marginal call because of the reliance on one team. Regards the GK transfer, I'd only get Martinez if that's who you want long-term. If you want McCarthy then keep him. It isn't all about how many points you score in one week.

Jos
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Shameful

Post by Jos »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 19:37
Jos wrote: My 3 subs are Bamford, Dallas and Raphinha.. is that bench worth a bench boost ?
I also have enough money in the bank to change McCarthy to Martinez for another hit, is that worth another hit?
Yes to the BB in my opinion but it's getting near to being a marginal call. Regards the GK transfer, I'd only get Martinez if that's who you want long-term. If you want McCarthy then keep him. It isn't all about how many points you score in one week.
Thank you.

I agree it is a tight call, Im just wondering if ill have a better opportunity in a DGW down the road.

I think i do want Martinez in for the long term but not too sold on the idea of a -8 hit for one game week, although there is a good chance id recoup those lost points.

SteveieB123
Red & Blue Braces

Post by SteveieB123 »

I agree with a couple of points in this discussion. On both sides of the fence. Trying to decide this for myself, however with Fab yellowed and my three Leeds players dropping their second game, I'm verging on the save option at the moment. Even though I have 2 transfers sitting there!!

On top of those 4, I have Zaha who would have come out and Chris Wood. Even if I take these two out, it leaves the before mentioned 4 still to ponder over. Will I have a better bench in a normal game week? No chance. Could I have a better bench with more Games to reschedule? Hopefully!!

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man

No doubt for me, BB will be activated tomorrow assuming no news changes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PokerGod1900
FISOhead

Post by PokerGod1900 »

Would you bench boost the following:

McCarthy Dallas Raphinha Adams

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 16 Jan 2021, 00:15 No doubt for me, BB will be activated tomorrow assuming no news changes
This thread is for the discussion should I BB - those who have got a nailed on stonking BB should wait for the look i got 180pts in a week thread.

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man

CptPugwash wrote: 16 Jan 2021, 00:40
DavidLloydIsAHero wrote: 16 Jan 2021, 00:15 No doubt for me, BB will be activated tomorrow assuming no news changes
This thread is for the discussion should I BB - those who have got a nailed on stonking BB should wait for the look i got 180pts in a week thread.
Fair, I've been so lucky with the fixture movements etc. I'll be so disappointed if this fizzles into nothing as my rank really needs it

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”