To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DGW19 Free Hit Strategy

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
DonReady
Red & Blue Braces

DGW19 Free Hit Strategy

Post by DonReady »

Anyone else planning to free-hit this week? Frustrating that we may have up to three teams going from a double to single game week with Villa - Everton and Leeds - Soton potentially being postponed. Makes it that much harder.

My strategy was always to free hit this week but if there's further cancellations, maybe I'll just risk it with what I have.

gingafalcao
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: FPL : 121th
FPL : 2018/19 : 1st Belgium

Re: DGW19 Free Hit Strategy

Post by gingafalcao »

An FH in GW19 seems to be a very pleasant option in view of the events.
However the choices do not seem so easy.

Martinez in goal seems the more obvious choice. Safeguards against City and a potential cleen sheet against Newcastle.

I think the hardest choice is defence.
Double Liverpool, City and WestHam look very interesting. But who ? City (Dias & Stones) are the wisest choice, but the potential for Robertson and T.A.A is very high. Creswell and Coufal could do very well.

Salah, Kdb and Bruno seem nailed to the selection.
Bruno could slide on Rashford with the possibility of being suspended with a yellow card against Liverpool. I still think that going without Bruno could be a very big risk.
Grealish (is one yellow card away from a ban.) or El Ghazi are added to the list. Certainly a complicated game against City, but the one against Newcastle could be gold.
at £5.3 Soucek could easily allow the addition of more expensive players.

Vardy looks like Vardy, which is obvious.
Antonio return could not have come at a better time. DGW, £ 6.2, Pen?, Haller gone to Ajax and seems to be gone to play at least 2 x 60min.
Watkins could be a very interesting option with Newcastle as the main target.
Man United : Maguire(4), Shaw(4), Bruno(4).
Leicester : Fuchs(4), Tielemans(4), Mendy(4).
Aston Villa : Targett(4), Grealish(4), McGinn(4).
Fulham : Decordova-Reid(4).

"they're all one yellow card away from a ban game."
Team A : 4-4-2
Martinez
Robertson / T.A.A Dias Stones Coufal
Salah Kdb Bruno Grealish
Vardy Antonio
Team B : 4-3-3 :arrow: Bruno X
Martinez
Robertson T.A.A Dias Stones
Salah Kdb Rashford
Vardy Antonio Watkins
Team C : 5-4-1 :arrow: Bruno & Vardy X
Martinez
Robertson T.A.A Dias Stones Creswell
Salah Kdb Rashford Grealish
Antonio
Team D : 3-4-3
Martinez
Robertson T.A.A X²
Salah Kdb X³ Soucek
Vardy Antonio Watkins

X²+X³ = Stones + Bruno
X²+X³ = Dias + Rashford

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Im going to free hit this week I've come up with this so far
Martinez
Robertson dias justin
Kdb mane Fernandes Soucek grealish
Antonio vardy

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I was always planning to free hit gw19 but the way the fixtures have fallen i already have NINE players with a dgw and four players with an excellent single gw!

Martinez

Stones
Cancelo
Coufal

Grealish
KDB
Fernandes
Soucek

Wilson

All have doubles, and then

Holding
Lacazette
Son
Kane

Have a great single fixture.

Finding in increasingly difficult to justify the FH, now looking at some transfers to enable the bench boost.

Is it crazy to abandon the FH because i have so many doublers already or should i still look to optimise the team with the FH chip?

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

Gambit wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 16:29 I was always planning to free hit gw19 but the way the fixtures have fallen i already have NINE players with a dgw and four players with an excellent single gw!

Martinez

Stones
Cancelo
Coufal

Grealish
KDB
Fernandes
Soucek

Wilson

All have doubles, and then

Holding
Lacazette
Son
Kane

Have a great single fixture.

Finding in increasingly difficult to justify the FH, now looking at some transfers to enable the bench boost.

Is it crazy to abandon the FH because i have so many doublers already or should i still look to optimise the team with the FH chip?
I think you'd be crazy to free hit that team tbh. Would look to try and bench boost it.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Gambit wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 16:29

With that team I would save the FH. There are more DGW to come, so it seems unnecessary atm. Good luck.

NB: certainly BB is also an option.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Lucky wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 16:46
Gambit wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 16:29

With that team I would save the FH. There are more DGW to come, so it seems unnecessary atm. Good luck.

NB: certainly BB is also an option.
Yes, thirded! Having a discussion between BB and FH surely negates the latter :lol:

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Highlander, Lucky, Sutter Kane, thank you :D

I have two non playing players; forster and kilman, so to play BB these two have to go, and to fund them i need to sell somebody else, thinking lacazette.

Lacazette to antonio
Kilman to james
Forster to mendy

Would give me 12 doublers and id bench boost

Martinez / holding / son / kane

dont think I’ll get a better opportunity to BB, some may im artificially inflating my bench by putting kane and son there but im just playing my DGW players, if i put son and kane in the team it would be Coufal and Soucek on the bench.

DonReady
Red & Blue Braces

Post by DonReady »

With today's fixtures announcement, I have seven doublers now with Bamford, Son, Meslier, Kane, Smith-Rowe and Holding all having decent single fixtures. As frustrating as it is that I took a -8 last week and removed Soucek and Watkins, I think it may be the right move to not freehit this week now given the changes.

Looking at maybe taking a -4 and bringing in Vardy and Rashford for Kane and Son. Going without Liverpool coverage worries me though. Alternatively could bring in Salah and Antonio.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”