To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

All time rank rater

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

All time rank rater

Post by Gambit »

Just seen this on twitter

https://www.premierfantasytools.com/wha ... time-rank/

Not sure how accurate it is, it has mark sutherns around 1000

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Re: All time rank rater

Post by RomynPG »

Which seems high but I'll take it :P

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

I've seen that before and actually emailed them about it, along the lines that if it weights more recent seasons more heavily it's not an all time ranking it's a current ranking. No problem with having that, it's interesting but it should be accurately described. Similar issue with the FFS "Hall of Fame", which again is a currnet, not all time, ranking.

Would be nice to see one not weighted by time (it should adjust for there being more players nowadays, hence a specific position is harder to obtain, but that's not the same thing). Especially as I used to be good and now I'm not!

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

I think weighting it with the total entrants each season seems more sensible. 10k finish when there’s less than a million versus 10k finish when there is 7 million plus makes more sense.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

ajcairns wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 14:48 I think weighting it with the total entrants each season seems more sensible. 10k finish when there’s less than a million versus 10k finish when there is 7 million plus makes more sense.
Definitely, just shouldn't be time for time's sake if it's meant to be "all time".

Spreadsheet
FISOhead
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Post by Spreadsheet »

Out of interest, is there anywhere that shows total number of entrants per season historically?

fixers
Wideboy

Post by fixers »

Interesting to see Rob (yellow bentines) ranked number one. Were both registered in the Tonga league and he pretty much always wins it, except for the year I did. Very consistent player.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

hancockjr wrote: 10 Jan 2021, 14:38 I've seen that before and actually emailed them about it, along the lines that if it weights more recent seasons more heavily it's not an all time ranking it's a current ranking. No problem with having that, it's interesting but it should be accurately described. Similar issue with the FFS "Hall of Fame", which again is a currnet, not all time, ranking.

Would be nice to see one not weighted by time (it should adjust for there being more players nowadays, hence a specific position is harder to obtain, but that's not the same thing). Especially as I used to be good and now I'm not!
I remember glancing at your history in my first season playing FPL and being really intimidated when I saw consecutive Top-100 finishes!

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Ben Crellin at 60 was not a name I had expected to see.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

I know I've had a bad run since lockdown, but not sure how I've dropped from the top 20 to 605th.

And what's happened to Stemania?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Im just inside the top 500! Nearly fell off my chair :shock:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”