To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW18 - must have players, strategy, etc.

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

GW18 - must have players, strategy, etc.

Post by tarkens »

I know there are some pretty generic GW18 and GW19 threads however I’m interested in people’s strategy, especially those who are not playing their FH chip, going into GW18

I currently have 6 players - Martinez, Dias, Grealish, Son, Kane, DCL - and three FT between now and GW18 so planning to field either 9 players without hits or 10 with -4.

I think I’ll do James -> Tierney this week, although I’d prefer Stones, just worried about rotation + might want two attacking players from City

That will leave me with the following players on the chopping block ahead of GW18 - Salah, Rashford, Bamford, Taylor, Coufal, Justin, Romeu - with Salah the only one where I’d have to pay a lot more to get him back in

Not planning on getting any more AV or Spurs, not interested in any Sheffield, Brighton, Newcastle and Palace players, should be good with only DCL from Everton so that leaves City, Wolves and Arsenal.

City - Aguero, Sterling, De Bruyne, Torres, Cancelo, Walker, Stones, Ederson
Arsenal - Aubameyang, Lacazette, Saka, Martinelli, Holding, Leno
Wolves - Saiss, Neto

Did I miss anyone?
What are your teams looking like for GW18? FH or not

Jos
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Shameful

Re: GW18 - must have players, strategy, etc.

Post by Jos »

If i used a FH in GW18, do I get a extra free transfer in GW19 ?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

You get 1 transfer, that's all.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

tarkens wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 11:07 I know there are some pretty generic GW18 and GW19 threads however I’m interested in people’s strategy, especially those who are not playing their FH chip, going into GW18

What are your teams looking like for GW18? FH or not
As it stands, I am but will it stand?

fixers
Wideboy

Post by fixers »

I have a free hit. Not sure if it's overly cautious but I plan to only select 3 players from each of the five fixtures.

I also want to differentiate from the teams who are building towards gw18 without a free hit. So may go for el ghazi over grealish for example, aguero over Kane, aubameyang...

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

My (non-FH) team, if no surprises:

Martínez
Holding Stones PVA(?)
Son KDB Martinelli
Agüero

I might throw Saīss in the mix.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

First off I thought that I would play eleven in 18 just via FTs as that was easily within reach, then FH in 19. I do realise that this is anathema here on FISO but I'll just take the lumps. Then I thought that a couple of the buys for 18 were unlikely to be productive, short- or long-term, so decided to go into 18 with maybe 9 or so players and a squad that I would be happy with for 20. And still FH in 19.

Since then postponements meant I lost 6 players this week (+ Taylor & Lamptey) which was a shocker but completely beyond my control. So now, while fixtures are only going to be confirmed 3 or 4 hours before k.o. I will do what I can with FTs but not use any chips until later in the season.

AJD
Wideboy

Post by AJD »

Currently own Lamptey, Saka, Son, KDB, DCL, Brewster.

Plan is/was to field 8/9 in 18 and have ideally 7 doublers in 19. Happy to have KDB, Son, Saka and DCL as single game weekers in 19.

Hoping Lamptey is back in time though I don’t see him getting more than 1 or 2 points so wouldn’t be a great loss.

A lot depends on when these postponed fixtures get rescheduled. Spurs, City and United have fixtures up in the air which, if rescheduled in the way Ben Crellin has been suggesting, could make life a lot easier for those of us not planning on using chips in this period.

I’ll not be making any transfers until the last minute this week but will likely do Taylor -> Holding if we hear no news.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Following recent Covid cancellations, I have decided not to take a FH in gw18 (subject to major changes!)

Updated after the latest announcements for GW18/19:

My team will be depending on injuries:

Martinez
Ampadu Taylor plus one (probably from ManC)
Sterling Son Grealish Fernandez
Welbeck DCL

In GW19 the following doublers:

Martinez
Dallas, Johnson, Chilwell, Taylor, plus one from ManCity
Fernandes, Salah, Sterling, Grealish plus (Son - single gw)
Bamford (and someone for DCL )

BB chip now possible.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I've currently got 11 for GW18 so won't be free hitting!

This is how I'm currently lining up:

Martinez
Canceleo / Stones / Kilman / Lamptey
Grealish / Fernandes / Son
Kane / DCL / Wilson

I'm getting rid of Lamptey this week, possibly for Holding once there is news on his fitness, and my transfer for GW18 will be Salah to KDB/Sterling, so once GW18 arrives I should be at:

Martinez
Canceleo / Stones / Holding
Grealish / Fernandes / Son / KDB(or Sterling)
Kane / DCL / Wilson

With Kilman as 1st sub

I reckon that's more than enough to compete with the FH teams, most big players are covered, FH teams could hurt me with those that gamble on Auba/Aguero and perhaps somebody like Rashford or Martial but overall for a non FH team and with no hits I think it's about as strong as I could have.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Gambit wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 16:25 I reckon that's more than enough to compete with the FH teams, most big players are covered, FH teams could hurt me with those that gamble on Auba/Aguero and perhaps somebody like Rashford or Martial but overall for a non FH team and with no hits I think it's about as strong as I could have.
What are you doing about Liv coverage GW19, assume you're FH19 instead...

As for FH18, I've had a look at potential teams and gauged who I'd be missing if I wasn't FH'ing.

Kane, Son, a GK, Wilson, DCL seem the obvious ones I can't really get to. I have to decide whether my 7 men might get pasted by an xi that includes those guys. Basically it's Kane + Son + about 10pts...what I also need to factor in is the extra transfer I get by not FH'ing, I can do Welbeck to Watkins which improves my GW19 points as well. (on paper)

When I look at at Kane + Son + 10 points I think, got to FH. :?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Sutter Kane wrote: 01 Jan 2021, 09:43
Gambit wrote: 31 Dec 2020, 16:25 I reckon that's more than enough to compete with the FH teams, most big players are covered, FH teams could hurt me with those that gamble on Auba/Aguero and perhaps somebody like Rashford or Martial but overall for a non FH team and with no hits I think it's about as strong as I could have.

As for FH18, I've had a look at potential teams and gauged who I'd be missing if I wasn't FH'ing.

Kane, Son, a GK, Wilson, DCL seem the obvious ones I can't really get to. I have to decide whether my 7 men might get pasted by an xi that includes those guys. Basically it's Kane + Son + about 10pts...what I also need to factor in is the extra transfer I get by not FH'ing, I can do Welbeck to Watkins which improves my GW19 points as well. (on paper)

Yes SK my plan was always FH for gw19, i know its not the accepted plan but with the players i have there is no way i can FH in gw18, i wont be able to bb or tc but at least my team for GW19 should be fully optimised and able to take advantage of any late injury news or virus outbreaks.

The other option is to do kane and son to salah and bamford in GW19 and just avoid the FH altogether, this would give me for GW19; x 3 city, x 2 villa, x 2 west ham, fernandes, salah, bamford, so thats x 10 dgw players for a -4 with no chips used. I could even use the TC on KDB, the downside is the team wont be fully optimised and may not match a FH team.

I think united can score against liverpool so i dont think 3 liverpool is a must for the double, i think city, leeds, west ham have by far the best fixtures, and i also think leicester and especially vardy are going under the radar. In fact, if i do FH in 19 id be tempted by sterling/kdb/rashford/fernandes/vardy/bamford/antonio(if fit) for my front 7 and ignore liverpool attack altogther!

FH looks best for you in Gw18 i think

maxi123
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 97529

Post by maxi123 »

Hello lads! Wish you Happy New Year! I'm thinking of selecting a new Tottenham defender cause Aurier haven't started, so I'll pick Toby Alderweireld. Have a nice day!

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Gambit wrote: 01 Jan 2021, 10:20
Sutter Kane wrote: 01 Jan 2021, 09:43

Yes SK my plan was always FH for gw19, i know its not the accepted plan but with the players i have there is no way i can FH in gw18, i wont be able to bb or tc but at least my team for GW19 should be fully optimised and able to take advantage of any late injury news or virus outbreaks.

The other option is to do kane and son to salah and bamford in GW19 and just avoid the FH altogether, this would give me for GW19; x 3 city, x 2 villa, x 2 west ham, fernandes, salah, bamford, so thats x 10 dgw players for a -4 with no chips used. I could even use the TC on KDB, the downside is the team wont be fully optimised and may not match a FH team.

I think united can score against liverpool so i dont think 3 liverpool is a must for the double, i think city, leeds, west ham have by far the best fixtures, and i also think leicester and especially vardy are going under the radar. In fact, if i do FH in 19 id be tempted by sterling/kdb/rashford/fernandes/vardy/bamford/antonio(if fit) for my front 7 and ignore liverpool attack altogther!

FH looks best for you in Gw18 i think
I've had another look at this today and although it's still too early to make concrete plans for DGW19 I'm coming round to the idea of avoiding Liverpool altogether, they were so poor last night, I'd fancy United to beat them on current form and Burnley won't be the easiest game, usually only City they capitulate to.

Lots to think about but as the WC16 teams have gone all in on Liverpool going without them could really pay off.......or be a disaster! :shock:

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

Kane

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Kris with the spurs villa match likely to be cancelled you would have more chance of a Wood haul.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”