To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

W16 Wildcard FH18 BB19 Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Re: W16 Wildcard FH18 BB19 Thread

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Kris_fiso wrote:Is Wilson against Sheff Utd a good idea
Yes

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

RIP the GW19 bench boost - killed by Peter f*cking Crouch drawing the wrong ball out of a pot, costing us Leeds & Soton DGWers.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Nailer6245 wrote: 11 Jan 2021, 19:22 RIP the GW19 bench boost - killed by Peter f*cking Crouch drawing the wrong ball out of a pot, costing us Leeds & Soton DGWers.
Yep. To be fair the bench boost was looking on really shaky ground anyway with all the covid

flare2
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consistently satisfactory

Post by flare2 »

Balls

hooked
Treebeard

Post by hooked »

Is Soton - Leeds 100% off?

That's 6 players losing a double for me. Still not sure there will be a better time for a bench boost.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Not 100% but seems very likely, unfortunately. I think I'll just bench boost too - the only other option in the season to do a full, 15 DGWer bench boost will be in GW26, but the blanks straight after it in GW29 make that difficult to do without a free hit. So if you've used your free hit chip this week, it's probably best to accept in principle that any bench boost this season is going to involve a few SGW players. In that case, doing it now with three Leeds players on a good home fixture and (touch wood) 15 fit players, seems ok.

Obvious risk is that there are further postponements, that's the one thing making me consider TC'ing KDB instead. But still think BB will shade it, just won't be as good as it could've been before Crouchy's intervention.

hooked
Treebeard

Post by hooked »

Yes agree with all that - I'm unlikely to have a better chance to BB. Was set for 15 doubles as well!

Leeds still have a good fixture and can transfer out Adams.

I haven't KDB so getting him in will mean a -8 :?

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Can we expect any news regarding the Leeds S'oton fixture before the deadline. In that case I would consider bringing Coufal in for Dallas. As it would cost me 0.2 value in Dallas, I would prefer not to.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

wrong thread

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Lucky wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 13:23 Can we expect any news regarding the Leeds S'oton fixture before the deadline. In that case I would consider bringing Coufal in for Dallas. As it would cost me 0.2 value in Dallas, I would prefer not to.
It's 50:50 really. There's literally only two options left open, and the fact that they're still discussing it means they prefer the former IMO:
(1) Play it next Weds 20th, so Leeds DGW19 match is off
(2) Give Southampton a bye

I think what's likely is that they've decided the former is better, but are waiting to make a final decision & announcement just in case Shrewsbury's Covid situation gets worse. Remember Shrews have already cancelled their league match this weekend, so it's possible that if a few more positives show up they also wouldn't be available to play next Weds anyway - in which case Shrews run out of road and forfeit, and Leeds-Soton goes ahead as planned. So IMO there's a good chance the FA/PL will wait until say Saturday, Sunday or Monday (after the DGW19 deadline) to make an announcement, pending Shrews test results on those days.

If there's good news from Shrews between now and the weekend however and they're confident they'll be isolated & better for next Weds, we might get clarity before the deadline.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Well it's all turning to Ratshit. from 14 doublers & son. 3 yellow flags & 4 depending on Soton-Leeds. Can't possibly make any plans on this till the last second, so if I lose T.V. just gonna have to live with it.
Is it that desperate that shrewsbury soton is resolved before the 4th round. In my somewhat foggy memory i seem to remember Huddersfield playing i think Carlisle in the FA cup, on the same day as fixtures 2 rounds ahead.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Nailer6245 wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 17:11 For Leeds-Soton, there's literally only two options left open, and the fact that they're still discussing it means they prefer the former IMO:
(1) Play it next Weds 20th, so Leeds DGW19 match is off
(2) Give Southampton a bye

I think what's likely is that they've decided the former is better, but are waiting to make a final decision & announcement just in case Shrewsbury's Covid situation gets worse. Remember Shrews have already cancelled their league match this weekend, so it's possible that if a few more positives show up they also wouldn't be available to play next Weds anyway - in which case Shrews run out of road and forfeit, and Leeds-Soton goes ahead as planned. So IMO there's a good chance the FA/PL will wait until say Saturday, Sunday or Monday (after the DGW19 deadline) to make an announcement, pending Shrews test results on those days. If there's good news from Shrews between now and the weekend however and they're confident they'll be isolated & better for next Weds, we might get clarity before the deadline.
Shrewsbury papers now saying that this is the case - the Premier League are ok with postponing the Southampton-Leeds match, but only if Shrewsbury can assure them they're actually going to be able to play the FA Cup tie.

"It is thought the delay in a decision is down to the top flight governing body's determination to ensure Shrews can actually fulfil the fixture should they opt to shelve the Leeds and Southampton clash."
https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/fo ... k-clarity/

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

I don't believe in the whole "listen to the universe" thing but I might just have to this time. First, Balbuena suddenly loses his place to Dawson at exactly when we WC in GW16 and Dawson goes on to keep CSs in ALL his games and scores as well, pretty much destroying Balbuena as a BB19 player. Then City and United are rearranged out of nowhere after several of us sold City players on WC. Then Taylor gets injured and McCarthy gets covid which again weakens the BB19 bench. Then Villa get Covid and may not have a DGW to punish anyone who kept Grealish/Watkins/Martinez. Then Peter Crouch manages to potentially ruin Leeds/Southampton DGW against the odds. And now for myself in particular, a 50-50 choice between Lindelof and Shaw who both were reported to have passed training has resulted in an 11 point swing because Lindelof randomly gets a back injury while Bailly, who was supposed to be injured, miraculously starts. Ofc this is ultimately down to Ole being a rotten faced liar but it's still unlucky that Lindelof got injured to begin with.

Maybe the universe is trying to tell us not to BB19? :lol:

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Just my twopenneth: Bench boosting in GW19 might feel great to get the Chip out of the way for those so inclined. Trying to do it at the height of a pandemic with so many variables in play is always going to be risky. It might pay off but equally there might be changes at short notice. We have been forewarned by recent events.
I have decided to leave it and use it later. I’m not stressed about the planning aspect, I enjoy that, and suspect there’ll be a point in the season where I can get 15 on the pitch with less uncertainty surrounding it

To Triple Captain or not is the next conundrum

danzku
Treebeard
FS Record: FISO Forum League Cup 2016 Champion
Landlord of The Rounded Keeper 2021/22

Post by danzku »

Smurphy's Paw wrote:Just my twopenneth: Bench boosting in GW19 might feel great to get the Chip out of the way for those so inclined. Trying to do it at the height of a pandemic with so many variables in play is always going to be risky. It might pay off but equally there might be changes at short notice. We have been forewarned by recent events.
I have decided to leave it and use it later. I’m not stressed about the planning aspect, I enjoy that, and suspect there’ll be a point in the season where I can get 15 on the pitch with less uncertainty surrounding it

To Triple Captain or not is the next conundrum
I've come to the same conclusion. Ideally you would play it before using your second wildcard so probably before gw25-26.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Why before your second wildcard? It would be after, no? WC25 to BB in the big DGW 26?

This may be better, as we could have more certainty re Covid and less risk of cancellations. It will likely be similar to BBing now though in that (unless you saved Free Hit) you'll need to include a number of SGW players that can get you through the blank coming soon after in GW29.

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 09 Jan 2021, 04:44
Yes
Well, it was in theory...

johnF
Grumpy Old Man

Post by johnF »

wonkypenguin wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 13:33
SirMattBugsby wrote: 09 Jan 2021, 04:44
Yes
Well, it was in theory...
As was Bruno against Burnley... :(

Here's hoping for better things tonight although it wouldn't surprise me too much if Fulham and Brighton both won 1-0 the way things are going... :roll:

danzku
Treebeard
FS Record: FISO Forum League Cup 2016 Champion
Landlord of The Rounded Keeper 2021/22

Post by danzku »

Nailer6245 wrote:Why before your second wildcard? It would be after, no? WC25 to BB in the big DGW 26?

This may be better, as we could have more certainty re Covid and less risk of cancellations. It will likely be similar to BBing now though in that (unless you saved Free Hit) you'll need to include a number of SGW players that can get you through the blank coming soon after in GW29.
Thought it would be better getting it out of the way so that you don't need to spend too much money on your bench when wildcarding.

I guess that if I wc gw25 I wouldn't include 15 doubblers for dgw26 if there is a blank upcoming in gw28. Depends which teams are involved and when we get to know it of course.

I see your point but not sure which one would be better.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

The fixture changes have been pretty brutal, having held the wildcard and played it in GW16:

Rival: 3 Villa, blank removed and a double
Me: 3 Leeds and 1 Soton

I should've had four extra players/games than him, now I've got three less. :?

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Preparation for Wk19 checklist.
Soton coverage ✔️x2
Leeds coverage ✔️x2
remove Man city ✔️
remove Villa ✔️
Kick up the arse by the football Gods ✔️

AJD
Wideboy

Post by AJD »

Newcastle now getting a double gameweek gives me a dilemma.

I had been set on using no chips through this period and avoided a FH in GW18. The plan had been to save the WC, BB and FH for GWs 25,26 and 29. However for a -4 this week (having taken a -8 last week), I could get to a bench of Johnstone, C.Taylor, Bobby Reid and Callum Wilson (with Saka, Dallas, Bamford and Son as single gameweekers)

Not the strongest bench and relies on Taylor being fit again but it would allow me to focus on only getting 11 doublers in GW26 which would likely mean a wildcard which sets me up better for the rest of the season.

Kind of tempted just to get the BB out of the way.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yes I feel sorry for late wildcarders. Nothing you can do other than perhaps WC again (the fact that you've just done it is not a reason to avoid it now) or FH if you still have it. Other than that, it's probably a -8 minimum to attempt to tread water, but of course there is no realistic possibility of a BBoost now.

One of those massive luck swings that you'll never get back (like the Mane vs Salah TC debacle last year)- maybe 25 points just disappeared.

If there is any chance of a BBoost, I'd probably stick with the plan in this thread and do it with single game week players, providing there's no more doubts on games/players between now and Saturday morning. (which appears to be impossible at the moment)

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Unless anything else goes wrong I'm still going to BB, though it's obviously nowhere near as good as expected.
Without taking a hit my Bench is McCarthy, Walker-Pieters, Alioski, Anguissa.- not great but at least i should get 5 games out of it. The soton pair is a small insurance policy against Vardy & Maddison both flopping.
a) I have McCarthy & Mendy as my keepers and 1 needs to go soon.
b) I just played my FH, so trying to set up a team again for a double week might be a issue later anyway.
c) I think TC or BB has to be got out of the way this week & i don't have KDB.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

AJD wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 11:35
Villa Newcastle gives me Martinez and Grealish as additionol DGW players.

I want to get BB out of the way, as it might be tricky to get 15 active players again, unless you keep a lot of money on the bench (i.e. gk).

At the moment I have 10 doublers, Kane, Son, Dallas, Bamford and Smith-Rowe .... 1.1m in the bank and a FT. Final decision close to the deadline.

AJD
Wideboy

Post by AJD »

Lucky wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 14:56

I want to get BB out of the way, as it might be tricky to get 15 active players again, unless you keep a lot of money on the bench (i.e. gk).

At the moment I have 10 doublers, Kane, Son, Dallas, Bamford and Smith-Rowe .... 1.1m in the bank and a FT. Final decision close to the deadline.

I’m even looking at going ahead with a BB without a playing keeper which sounds crazy but I can do a Brewster -> Antonio for exact money at the moment. This would give me a bench of C.Taylor (fitness dependent), Wilson and Dallas. Even without a second playing keeper, I’d have 10 doubles and 4 good singles for no hits. Not too sure I’ll get a better opportunity.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

I have 15 starters, and can have 10 doubles and 5 good looking singles. Might even burn a rare 4pts to get KdB in but no rush.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Lucky wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 14:56

I wish my team was that strong that looks an auto BB to me. dbl playing GK, Dallas. Smith-Rowe, Bamford - yes please.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Resonare wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 11:02 I don't believe in the whole "listen to the universe" thing but I might just have to this time. First, Balbuena suddenly loses his place to Dawson at exactly when we WC in GW16 and Dawson goes on to keep CSs in ALL his games and scores as well, pretty much destroying Balbuena as a BB19 player. Then City and United are rearranged out of nowhere after several of us sold City players on WC. Then Taylor gets injured and McCarthy gets covid which again weakens the BB19 bench. Then Villa get Covid and may not have a DGW to punish anyone who kept Grealish/Watkins/Martinez. Then Peter Crouch manages to potentially ruin Leeds/Southampton DGW against the odds. And now for myself in particular, a 50-50 choice between Lindelof and Shaw who both were reported to have passed training has resulted in an 11 point swing because Lindelof randomly gets a back injury while Bailly, who was supposed to be injured, miraculously starts. Ofc this is ultimately down to Ole being a rotten faced liar but it's still unlucky that Lindelof got injured to begin with.

Maybe the universe is trying to tell us not to BB19? :lol:
Effing knew it was too coincidental. Johnstone out already, I'm expecting more highly improbable events to follow.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”