To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DGWks etc

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
finkelele
Treebeard

Re: DGWks etc

Post by finkelele »

eastcentral1 wrote: 19 Jan 2021, 22:46
finkelele wrote:I forgot to press the "Save Your Team" button this GW, so I still have my Bench Boost chip left! Now I need to plan for the next ones... fast! But I'm stupid I think, I don't get it when there will be more DGWs. Can someone help and tell me the different possibilities? :)

Surely it won't be the same teams as this GW, GW19? And now I want to get rid of the expensive bench players and maximize the starting eleven price, but that will have to wait until I've played my bench boost I feel like. Want to have a DGW with BB NOW! When?
Look at Nailer's excellent summary above
Thanks. Can't find it.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Here
Nailer6245 wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 12:38 How many more doubles between now and a GW25 wildcard?

I think these latest changes make things a bit clearer on future doubles and blanks, so after having a look at the calendar, here's my attempt in advance of the professionals. There are currently seven PL fixtures left to be rescheduled, with free midweeks slots in GW23 & GW24, so we can it's pretty likely some will fall in there. My reasoning for each week is below, but here's the TL:DR version:
- Burnley Fulham DGW24
- Leeds-Soton very, very likely to get have DGW23 or DGW24
- After that two from City, Villa & Everton will get DGWs in 24 - almost certainly City and one or two of the others.

DGW19 - pretty much set now: As we know, the Soton-Leeds game was called off to allow Soton to play Shrews in the cup next Wednesday instead. Funnily enough, if Soton lost that game (unlikely), it would technically still be possible for them to play their league game against Leeds on the Saturday right after, still in GW19, as both are free. Probably not enough notice for this though, and it's unlikely a Covid-decimated Shrewsbury will beat Soton, so most likely no more surprises. From here on, the FA Cup Fourth round matches are played after GW19, some PL teams will be knocked out, and this frees up some midweek slots of doubles pretty soon.

GW20: No doubles here
GW21: No doubles here
GW22: No doubles here
These three gameweeks are all played over a midweek, weekend, midweek period, so no gaps available to slot games into. No doubles will drop in here.

GW23 - Yes, midweek slot available, so doubles likely:
- Leeds Soton (Yes, likely - if Soton are knocked out by Shrews or after that, Arsenal)
- Villa Everton (Villa are already out. This would be played if Everton get knocked out by Sheffield Weds, unlikely)
- Spurs Villa (Unlikely, only if Spurs lose to Wycombe)
- Spurs Fulham (Unlikely, only if Spurs lose to Wycombe, and Fulham lose to Burnley)
- City Everton (Unlikely, only if City lose to Cheltenham)
- City Soton (Unlikely, only if City lose to Cheltenham)
- Burnley Fulham (Impossible, they're also playing each other in the cup, so one by definition will be through to the fifth round and unavailable)
So here, if we're reasonably confident that City will progress past Cheltenham, and Spurs will progress past Wycombe, it really limits the number of PL games that can be played. I think Leeds-Soton is reasonably likely, Everton-Villa a possibility.

GW24 - Yes, midweek slot available, so doubles certain:
- Leeds Soton (Yes, both are free, very likely played if not done in the previous GW)
- Villa Everton (Yes, both are free, very likely played if not done in the previous GW)
- City Everton (Yes, City are free, so will play this or their other postponed game)
- City Soton (Yes, City are free, so will play this or their other postponed game)
- Burnley Fulham (Almost certain, both free here, no cup games on)
- Villa Spurs (No, Spurs in Europa)
- Spurs Fulham (No, Spurs in Europa)

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Not sure but I find it unlikely that Leeds will have a double in GW24. If S'ton beat Arsenal then that only leaves GW24 in the timeframe above. But for that to happen, they would have to postpone one of the Villa/Man C games, which is not going to happen imo. It's still morning, so logic may be depleted.

Edit: This is of course pending the Everton Sheff Wed FA Cup result: If Everton lose or Southampton lose, it's all hunky dory.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Arsenal losing to Soton has made a pickled onion out of my squad.
was hanging onto 4 Leeds/Soton on the hope they got a GDW before my planned WC.
Now that's looking highly unlikely; the premier league are going to have a choice in Wk 24 of leeds v Soton & City/Villa v Everton OR Villa v Everton & City v Soton.
the 2nd option is looking far more likely.
The only hope now is that Wednesday beat Everton & Villa v Everton can go ahead in wk 23.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yes. Still a chance I suppose, that Leeds vs Southampton is given in GW24 but it would be a bit stupid, given the other teams have at least two games to rearrange...at the moment. Just looking at GW29 fixture, it's Spurs S'ton - that's another one to rearrange for Spurs (and obviously S'ton) if they (or S'ton) get past FA Cup 5th round.

Fulham v Leeds now a non-blank in GW29.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Now that the Everton have got through. How soon do we think b4 the PL announce the GW24 doubles?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

CptPugwash wrote: Now that the Everton have got through. How soon do we think b4 the PL announce the GW24 doubles?
What GW24 doubles? There's no solid reason to imagine we'll get any at all.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

a) there's a fixture back-log.
b) it's a congested season.
c) there's not that many opportunities to arrange these fixtures.
d) there's a pandemic about, that might lead to even more cancellations.
e) the PL fixture bods are not complete morons

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

I think there's a good chance of man city getting a dgw 24 versus either soton or Everton, as they are in Europe and have a fixture backlog, so there's a reasonable amount of pressure to get their games played asap. I wouldn't imagine any other matches would though, the likes of Southampton, Everton, villa, Leeds etc are all not in Europe, so they can play each other anytime really.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

TheRumourMill wrote: 25 Jan 2021, 01:06 I think there's a good chance of man city getting a dgw 24 versus either Soton or Everton, as they are in Europe and have a fixture backlog, so there's a reasonable amount of pressure to get their games played asap. I wouldn't imagine any other matches would though, the likes of Southampton, Everton, villa, Leeds etc are all not in Europe, so they can play each other anytime really.
Villa & Everton are 2 games behind
Everton, Soton, Burnley still in the FA Cup.
Given that this is not a normal season & there's chances of more postponements and less opportunity than a normal season to re-arrange, you'd hope they got the backlog out of the way ASAP.
Wasn't exactly a bucket load of notice for the Villa - Newcastle game.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I could have told you that Villa-Newcastle would get played when it was. In fact I did, weeks beforehand, want me to dig up the posts?

GW24 is nothing like as clear-cut; it isn't a free slot, it's a Europe week. The FA will avoid that unless they are forced into it. This early in the season it's hard to argue that they are forced. TRM is right, the most likely is that City get a DGW24 because the options for them to get their games played later are less. But even then, those potential issues depend on them going deep in the CL and the FA have a long history of kicking cans like that down the road.

I'm not saying there categorically won't be anything in GW24. But you are talking as if it is a done deal and it's very far from that.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 25 Jan 2021, 05:13 I could have told you that Villa-Newcastle would get played when it was. In fact I did, weeks beforehand, want me to dig up the posts?
That's my point. You or anyone who studied the cancellations and fixture lists will have expected that fixture to take place, but it didn't become official until pretty close to as late as possible.
We are trying to second guess the PL & make transfers accordingly.
Ruth_NZ wrote: 25 Jan 2021, 05:13 GW24 is nothing like as clear-cut; it isn't a free slot, it's a Europe week. The FA will avoid that unless they are forced into it. This early in the season it's hard to argue that they are forced. TRM is right, the most likely is that City get a DGW24 because the options for them to get their games played later are less. But even then, those potential issues depend on them going deep in the CL and the FA have a long history of kicking cans like that down the road.
There's only 3 non-Europe midweek opportunities left. Week 26, Week 32 (FA Cup semi) Week 37 (FA Cup Final).
Clearly (unless they are complete morons at the FA) They will arrange as many fixtures as possible in week 26.

Any team playing in the FA Cup QF has NO opportunity to play that re-arranged game before the semi-final, without playing in a Europe week.
Any team reaching the FA Cup final will either have to play a TGW or a Europe week (& that's assuming they don't have ANY previously cancelled games)

Looking ahead to week 29 - only the following games are definitely going ahead.
Fulham - Leeds
either Palace v Man U OR West Ham v Arsenal.
It's theoretically possible for all the other 8 games to clash with the cup.
Ruth_NZ wrote: 25 Jan 2021, 05:13 I'm not saying there categorically won't be anything in GW24. But you are talking as if it is a done deal and it's very far from that.
I'm not saying categorically there will be anything in Week 24. However what I am saying with certainty is that there will be games played in Europe weeks. If Man City, Everton or Spurs reach the cup final they will have to do so at least twice, even assuming no further COVID cancellations. IMO the FA would be morons not to accept that now, and the sooner games re-arranged games are out of the way the better. You may be right, they may kick the can down the road, but in this season of all seasons it would be stupid to do so.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Just looking further ahead. If Spurs reach both the FA cup final & the Europa cup final, they are already staring down the barrel of 2 TGWs, assuming they play every available midweek to the end of the season & they don't get any more cancellations. :shock: :shock:

uncle onion
FISOhead
FS Record: nothing of note

Post by uncle onion »

couple of months travel ban should shove Europe out of the picture, presumably that would give plenty of options.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

uncle onion wrote:couple of months travel ban should shove Europe out of the picture, presumably that would give plenty of options.
Will football get round it because they are all tested ?

I love From4Corners

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

When can we expect the announcements for possible DGW in gw24 ?

I think the most likely matches in would be
Burnley Fulham
Villa Everton
City Soton

finkelele
Treebeard

Post by finkelele »

We need to keep this discussion going! Important stuff. Will have to make it happen GW24

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

When do we prepare for the next double gameweeks
Last edited by Kris_fiso on 29 Jan 2021, 01:21, edited 1 time in total.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Kris_fiso wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 23:59 When do we
South Wales township ?

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

finish our sentences?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

admit that we’re the same poster?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Kris_fiso wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 23:59 When do we prepare for the next double gameweeks
Best to start as soon as we know when, we can guess who will blank but when they get a DGW or even a triple is still an unknown. As you have a few chips remaining the fh can be used to navigate a blank or make full use of a double if you have not covered it successfully.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

also love From4corners?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

From4corners wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 05:43
also love From4corners?
8-) the fan base is expanding :D

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Lucky wrote: 28 Jan 2021, 21:10When can we expect the announcements for possible DGW in gw24 ?

I think the most likely matches in would be
Burnley Fulham
Villa Everton
City Soton
GW24 isn't a free slot, it's a European week. Rules out City. The other two games could happen as I think the ban on clashing with Champions League nights has been relaxed.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

City don't play Champions League until GW25. So if it has been relaxed, I'd say Man C are the more likely to have their extra game here than the other teams mentioned. Although technically all of them should be imo, as we just don't know what other postponements there will be down the line.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Sutter Kane wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 08:43 Although technically all of them should be imo, as we just don't know what other postponements there will be down the line.
Yeah personally I think this is an important factor, and a counterbalance to the standard 'dont clash with midweek CL fixtures' rule. There's a good argument for getting them done sooner rather than later, and is Burnley-Fulham really going to draw much viewers away from some CL knockout ties?

Would be confident City get a DGW24 with one of Everton/Soton, and then it's 50:50 on the others.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Nailer6245 wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 16:20Would be confident City get a DGW24 with one of Everton/Soton, and then it's 50:50 on the others.
City's Arabic account has tweeted a schedule with a potential extra match in GW24 with the Everton crest greyed out. It matches with what we were pretty sure on already, so expect a Man City - Everton DGW24.

Tbh it's a shame it's Everton and not Soton. Ings would've tempting, but not sure I want DCL for four games in three weeks, given that three of them are Man United (a), Liverpool (a) and City (H) with Fulham (H) thrown in. I mean, Antonio has three games of Fulham, Sheffield United and Spurs, doubt there will be much distance between them really. Transfers also feel at a premium with DGW26 looming, Everton feel like a trap.

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

If it's Man City - Everton - then the FA are officially morons.
Villa are 2 games behind, yes they are out of the cup, but both their opponents Everton & Spurs are still batting.
That means no DGW for Everton in Wk24, DGW in 26, and kick the problem down the season and hope something magical happens.

reds363
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 28th 06/07; TFFO 3rd 09/10; TFF 3rd 12/13

Post by reds363 »

Villa are not in Europe so will have plenty of midweeks available. Spurs are the pinch point of all the scheduling but they're in Europa in the coming midweeks so no opportunity for AV-TH yet.

*Also it's the PL not the FA :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”