To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Covid

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: Covid

Post by Billy Bongo »

DavidLloydIsAHero wrote:Can't see any way that goes ahead on Sunday at this point.
I agree, the big one though is Sou Leeds. Villa Everton being off probably just impacts chip plans, knocks the BB off for most, but many managers own 3 or more Sou Leeds and that's a big problem

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

DavidLloydIsAHero
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero »

As someone with no Saints or Leeds I'd actually be delighted if it moved, but it would be really hard on a lot of managers. Villa Everton being off would mean definitely no BB for me though with triple Villa

Surely if Villa plan to use the no training ground excuse we'll know by Saturday lunchtime.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Me to, I have no Villa no Saints and only Bamford who would still have one nice fixture, somi could still bench boost, would be huge advantage to me if Villa Eve LDS and Sou lose a game in 19

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

3 saints (inc 2 gk to be fair), 2 Villa, 1 Leeds, 1 Everton - quite a dent in my team.

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

why would soton v leeds be off? have i missed something :shock:

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

hayesag wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 15:33 why would soton v leeds be off? have i missed something :shock:
Because Southampton V Shrewsbury is a bigger game

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Stevieste wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 15:37
hayesag wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 15:33 why would soton v leeds be off? have i missed something :shock:
Not for me 😔

hayesag
Dumbledore

Post by hayesag »

the sensible move would be for the shrews to forfeit the game. Will save them a lot of money in the long run. But will this happen :roll:

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

hayesag wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 15:39
the sensible move would be for the shrews to forfeit the game. Will save them a lot of money in the long run. But will this happen :roll:
How would that save Shrewsbury money?

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

bspittles wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 15:45
It would not, but Hayesag will say anything for his 3 Leeds players to have a DGW 😂

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Well Shrewsbury's league game already cancelled, buckle up lads, looking like Sou Leeds is off Image

hayesag
Dumbledore

Post by hayesag »

Stevieste wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 16:10
bspittles wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 15:45
It would not, but Hayesag will say anything for his 3 Leeds players to have a DGW 😂
:lol: partly true yes :lol: but also the expenditure to shrewsbury to play this game far outweighs the potential profit to be made from it. they only get around 80 grand if they beat soton and progress. A BIG IF. The downside of this is the cost to have all staff, players etc tested then retested again. Travel costs for the game etc. no money from ticket sales and no tv money as dont think beeb will be showing it (may get a few pence from internet sales). A back log of fixtures with more added costs to fit this one in......so ask a shrews fan is it really worth it and they wud prob say YES YES IT REALLY IS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stevieste
Dumbledore

Post by Stevieste »

04DDA0BC-8F55-4F7C-B84A-5A84D15A19CB.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

Thought I had made peace with it a few days ago, but so, so, so sickened to see it confirmed. :lol:

So much planning, F*cking Shrewsbury :lol:

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

OffImage

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

In case both games are called off, I would probably still play my BB as planned.

I would be affected by 2 Villa (Martinez and Grealish) and 2 Leeds (Bamford and Dallas). Nevertheless I am considering BB, as I got Pope in as a second goalie (normally only a 4.0m) and I spread the team value over all positions. I will not be able to replicate this at a later stage of the season. So 8 or 9 DGW pus Son and Kane, Bamford and Dallas with good fixtures should still warrant the risk.

It would be my strategy to sell Pope again after GW 20 to a 4.0m and use the funds elsewhere to strengthen - problem out of the way.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Oh ffs. Actually made an effort to build a DGW team for once.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

math! wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 19:24 Oh ffs. Actually made an effort to build a DGW team for once.
It's fun right? Let's just do it again at another time this season.

Nailer6245
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Nailer6245 »

The Atheltic now saying pretty conclusively that Villa-Everton is off - no match at all for Everton, and Villa down to a single game (Man City away).

There's a slight possibility that one of the backlog of Villa games (Newcastle) could be shoved onto the tail end of GW19 meaning they'd still get a double, but seems a bit unlikely.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Nailer6245 wrote: The Atheltic now saying pretty conclusively that Villa-Everton is off - no match at all for Everton, and Villa down to a single game (Man City away).
There's a slight possibility that one of the backlog of Villa games (Newcastle) could be shoved onto the tail end of GW19 meaning they'd still get a double, but seems a bit unlikely.
Seems very likely to me. If the Everton game is off, Villa will have 3 games outstanding. So why would the PL pass up an open slot where one of them could be played?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yes. That us what they need to do, and dud with Fulham vs Sours?

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

"Premier League bosses hope to rearrange Aston Villa's match against Newcastle for the FA Cup fourth-round weekend in an attempt to clear the coronavirus fixture backlog."

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Can you imagine the outrage if Soton field a complete 2nd string in the FA Cup on Tuesday. and no-body who would have played Leeds the following day actually plays. Imagine there's plenty of scousers already up in arms given that Liverpool had to play in that world club nonsense a couple of years back whilst their kids played in the cup.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Sutter Kane wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 14:25
blahblah wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 14:12 Kyle wotsit from Twin Peaks?

If you liked that you should like Bad Boy (Korean).
Yes Kyle Maclachlan, that's him. I'll note Bad Boy down though it might be right up Hancock's street more than mine...
Billy Bongo wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 14:14 Back on track

Anymore news on Villa Everton or City Villa? Anymore news on Sou Leeds?
Haha, not that I've seen. A few people on FFS claiming they'd be surprised if Shrewsbury can play by Wednesday and thus may forfeit but no evidence, so means nothing. Can't imagine City Villa not happening, as you said above. That would be utterly ridiculous if their training ground opens up on Saturday.
Olde bod from Fraser ie his dad dies early on in it 😂

Watching it again now....

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Re the Villa Newcastle game being rearranged for the FA Cup weekend

This seems sensible as they have a free weekend

The issue for FPL managers is which week it's in, for it to be in gwk19 you'd assume they would have to announce the game before the deadline Saturday morning . There is no reason obviously for the prem to consider fantasy football deadlines lol, they presumably will be waiting for TV schedules so even if it goes ahead on the Sunday, or could well be GWk20

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Billy Bongo wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 07:25 The issue for FPL managers is which week it's in, for it to be in gwk19 you'd assume they would have to announce the game before the deadline Saturday morning .
I don't see why they'd have to announce before the deadline. I can't remember any precedents before where games have been tagged onto the end after the deadline - however I certainly don't think there's ever been a game thrust well before a gameweek deadline, such that it ends up in the following one.

Either way, I'm not sure many people will have that much choice but to assume it's going to be in gw19; Newc home too risky not to, right? There will of course be some unfortunate players with a choice to make, should we not know before Saturday lunchtime.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

It's highly doubtful FPL will add a game to a game week after the deadline, it makes more sense to add it to gwk20

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Maybe. I'll not be taking any risks in the absence of information, even if I play my Villains at just Man C this week. At least it's a decent double for them in GW20. And Callum Wilson, who I don't have. FPL seem to be creatures of habit, and though this season we've seen unprecedented occurrences caused by covid, they've never imo slotted a game prior to the following week in that week. So we'll see, but like I said, I would advise taking no chances.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore

Post by Sutter Kane »

Billy Bongo wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 15:03 Me to, I have no Villa
I can see why you'd prefer it in GW20 and not GW19 though...gives you an extra week to get some in! :D

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

You wouldn't think the PL would be at all influenced in their decision timelines by the FPL GW deadlines. So if they did put the Villa Newcastle in to the FA Cup weekend it will be up to FPL to either tag it on to the end of an already ongoing GW or bring the next one forward. Forget any precedence in COVID season.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”