To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Semi-ghost team: possible?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Semi-ghost team: possible?

Post by Mav3rick »

It's gotta be worth having a look at last season's set and forget team, and take inspiration from it:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=132610

I think you'll have to login for a captaincy switch if your captain or any main players are long term injured though, otherwise the scenario ScholesJunior described will happen unless you're very fortunate.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

ScholesJunior wrote:My last two season of FPL (2016/2017, and 2017/2018) were essentially ghost teams. You can click my fpl link to see how that turned out. Granted my teams were set up for GW1 maybe GW2 and then never touched again. The luck required to not get thrashed by blanks, injuries, and bad choices(especially captain and vice) and have a decent finish would be tremendous. I wouldn't get much joy out of it personally, unless maybe I was in a ghost mini-league where transfers weren't allowed or something. Certainly it's possible to try, if it floats your boat.
Thanks for the heads-up SJ. Yeah, I want to see if being active in first 4 GWs will help make better long-term decisions.
Mav3rick wrote:It's gotta be worth having a look at last season's set and forget team, and take inspiration from it:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=132610

I think you'll have to login for a captaincy switch if your captain or any main players are long term injured though, otherwise the scenario ScholesJunior described will happen unless you're very fortunate.
It is quite helpful. I think I might benefit from having a Man City defender plus fringe option (like Foden) for longer term.

Looking at last season, the defence looks relatively straightforward to call, and the mids were in my team as well (except Willian). Forwards are the ones who are tricky: I picked up all 3 either late or for short periods.

Of course these things change season to season, but four at the back plus Salah KdB and Bruno looks a good base. Add Timo and we might be looking at a 541/532.

The emergency transfer clause should take care of calamitous injuries, I hope.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Spotting the Ings type will be the tricky thing. Players from that price range last season were more likely to have been set and forget on Pukki, Mount or Grealish so you'd instantly loose 50 or so points there I think.

I probably wouldn't go with Salah and KDB in a set and forget team this year due to the price issues, if you're not switching the armband at all, then someone like Mahrez+3.0 I think makes more sense than KDB, the same applies to Bruno and Kane/Aguero, so realistically I'd try to stick to the sub-10.0 players with a shot of the 200 mark, so Martial for sure, maybe Werner is too much risk in a set and forget side - Ings or Jimenez might be more proven.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Mav3rick wrote:Spotting the Ings type will be the tricky thing. Players from that price range last season were more likely to have been set and forget on Pukki, Mount or Grealish so you'd instantly loose 50 or so points there I think.

I probably wouldn't go with Salah and KDB in a set and forget team this year due to the price issues, if you're not switching the armband at all, then someone like Mahrez+3.0 I think makes more sense than KDB, the same applies to Bruno and Kane/Aguero, so realistically I'd try to stick to the sub-10.0 players with a shot of the 200 mark, so Martial for sure, maybe Werner is too much risk in a set and forget side - Ings or Jimenez might be more proven.
Yeah.. maybe 2 premiums is more than enough. The attractive thing about them is, for a premium price, I'm assured of minutes and returns. Budget strikers are tricky to say the least, let's see how I manage Image

yakflange
Wideboy

Post by yakflange »

I'm intending to create one team and leave it alone for most of the season, just for fun.

It's currently:

Ryan / Nyland

Walker-Peters / Doherty / Egan / Robertson / Bernardo

Saint-Maximin / Salah / Fernandes / KDB / Stephens

Mitrovic / Kane / Davis

But will be tinkered!

Any thoughts welcome!

yakflange
Wideboy

Post by yakflange »

Team has now been completely tinkered to:

Ryan / McCarthy

TAA / VVD / Doherty / Egan / C Taylor

Henderson / Saint-Maximin / Grealish / KDB / Fernandes

Martial / Mitrovic / Wood

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Okay guys, it's on! I'll be making a league soon, feel free to join. Made a tentative set of rules in the post below, any added suggestions are welcome.

viewtopic.php?p=3437743#p3437743

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 23:17 Thought about how to go about it. There will be 3 active windows of 4 GWs each:

GW 1-4
GW 15-18 (Christmas fixtures, which includes the deadline for 1st WC)
In and around BGW and DGW (let's say 31-34)

1.) I'll use my chips in the active windows,
2.) Only one emergency transfer allowed per 'ghost period' (period between active windows) for injuries of at least 2 months, and
3.) I'll be active on the last GW too, just for fun :D

So that gives 13 active and 25 inactive GWs. A possible alteration might be just staying active GW 31 onwards: becoming inactive after 34, just to return in 38 feels pointless. Some would argue this whole exercise seems pointless :lol: but I am interested in seeing how it goes for several reasons, including the performance of my team.
How's this going ... oh

Never doubted you for a second there SirMatt :mrgreen:

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

RomynPG wrote:
SirMattBugsby wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 23:17 Thought about how to go about it. There will be 3 active windows of 4 GWs each:

GW 1-4
GW 15-18 (Christmas fixtures, which includes the deadline for 1st WC)
In and around BGW and DGW (let's say 31-34)

1.) I'll use my chips in the active windows,
2.) Only one emergency transfer allowed per 'ghost period' (period between active windows) for injuries of at least 2 months, and
3.) I'll be active on the last GW too, just for fun :D

So that gives 13 active and 25 inactive GWs. A possible alteration might be just staying active GW 31 onwards: becoming inactive after 34, just to return in 38 feels pointless. Some would argue this whole exercise seems pointless Image but I am interested in seeing how it goes for several reasons, including the performance of my team.
How's this going ... oh

Never doubted you for a second there SirMatt :mrgreen:
Image Still think my meddling doesn't do the team much good. Only improvements I've made are Bruno, Bamford, Dias and removing Trent. Soucek would've enabled the ghost team pretty well!

There has to be a correlation between thinking about your team and its success, which becomes an inverse relation after a certain point. That's what I'm in search of Image

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”