To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

WC34 BB35 Strategy (Deadline FRI 7pm BST)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: WC34 BB35 Strategy

Post by Stemania »

Gross is touch and go in terms of match fitness apparently. Shame as if fully fit he'd have been a good option.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Think I’m set on
Ryan foster
TAA Duffy Dunk Valery trippier
Salah Son eriksen jota camarasa
Jiminez Kun Vardy
2.0 bank
Gw 35 might be Vardy to laca or camarasa to Deulofeu ,or dunk to a defender I’ve not decided on :lol:

Then laca to Firmino gw36 or eriksen to City mid

Crooker
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Crooker »

i've finally settled on :

ryan/patricio
duffy/davies/periera/holebas/valery
son/hazard/kdb/moura/ramsey
deeney/murray/vardy

will take an 8pt hit next week and go

periera > 5.0m def
vardy > lacazette
murray > aubam

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

flare2 wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 10:06 I really want a Brighton attacker as a long week punt. Either Murray or knockaert I think.

Murray always seems to score against his old clubs and I think he’s got a good record against AFCB.

Knockaert played well in the cup and again I recall him playing well against afcb previously.
I have Murray but I am half expecting him not to play both this week (for this reason I have moved the armband on to Duffy who is do expect to play both).

I wouldn't trust Knockaert as far as I could chuck him and I see FFS RMT have downgraded his projected pts this week a bit from earlier on.
Last edited by ajcairns on 12 Apr 2019, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

I still really don't like the idea of tripling (or essentially quadrupling if you captain Duffy) up on Brighton defence. It just feels like way too many eggs in one basket. Brighton don't keep a clean sheet this week and we'll all massively regret doing so. They've only kept 6 in 32 games this season, it's a fair ask.

But then on the flip side yeah, I just don't see any obvious alternatives. Perhaps just a Watford defender instead of Dunk to hedge my bets a little.

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

Bixer wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 10:45 They've only kept 6 in 32 games this season, it's a fair ask.
5 (from 15) at home though, all against mid/lower teams.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

The Toon Man wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 07:42 Sticking with the triple Brighton defence.

Ryan Foster
Duffy Dunk Laporte Vertonghen (Robertson)
Mane Eriksen Son Jota (Redmond)
Aguero Jimenez (Deeney)

GW35: Dunk to Doherty and bench boost
GW36: Duffy to TAA and triple captain Mane

Any criticism of this plan?
Same as me apart from Vertonghen and Redmond to my Doherty and Camarasa.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

i think i'm done

Ryan Gunn
Laporte Vertonghen Duffy Dunk Valery
Salah Son Eriksen Jota Deulofeu
Aguero Vardy Jimenez

Vardy will become Deeney or Lacazette for GW35
If it's Lacazette then it'll be for -4

EDIT:

actually just changed Deulofeu and Dunk to Knockaert and Holebas
so it'll be Vardy -> Deeney and Knockaert -> Deulofeu next week for -4
Last edited by tarkens on 12 Apr 2019, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

My current team is...

Foster Ryan
Virgil Vertonghan Doherty Duffy Valery
Mane Eriksen Son Jota [KdB/Ramsey/Doucoure]
2x[Aguero/Aubameyang/Lacazette/Deeney] Jimenez

Depending on the press conferences my team will end up as one of these possible combinations. I still don't fancy Sterling who has failed to start both games in both of the DGWs so far, instead KdB and Aguero seem to be more favorable picks and favored in the premier league by Pep.

All my defender spots are pretty much nailed down. I couldn't see much point in going Kolasinac over Doherty who is just as attacking, costs the same (PP 4.8m) and has a higher chance of CSs and of playing an hour each game. I still don't think a Wolves defender is necessarily required but I'll probably only need him for the DGW and the home game against Fulham so I'm fine with that.

It really just comes down to which combination of MCI, ARS and WAT attackers to get in.

A) KdB Auba Deeney
B) Aguero Lacazette Doucoure
C) Aguero Ramsey Deeney
D) Aguero Auba Hughes

I'm leaning toward A but B also makes sense because it allows Lacazette :arrow: Firmino for GW36. I see that as a useful move as it probably means saving a -4 between now and the end of the season.
Last edited by Resonare on 12 Apr 2019, 11:30, edited 1 time in total.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

swadd1er wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 11:05
The Toon Man wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 07:42 Sticking with the triple Brighton defence.

Ryan Foster
Aguero Jimenez (Deeney)

And I plan to get Doherty next week.

Have you pre planned a transfer for next week or just see how it goes?

Cantonascollar1
Kevin and Perry

Post by Cantonascollar1 »

I think that's me finally done as well (he says :? )

Ryan (Foster)
Duffy Laporte Vertonghen (Doherty, TAA)
Mane Eriksen Son Camarasa (Jota)
Aguero Jimenez Vardy

DeadlySub
Wideboy
FS Record: Beginner

Post by DeadlySub »

Bixer wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 10:45 I still really don't like the idea of tripling (or essentially quadrupling if you captain Duffy) up on Brighton defence. It just feels like way too many eggs in one basket. Brighton don't keep a clean sheet this week and we'll all massively regret doing so. They've only kept 6 in 32 games this season, it's a fair ask.
6 in 32 isn't great but if you only look at the types of fixture they have this week (home matches against non top 6) it becomes 10 matches, 8 conceded, 5 clean sheets.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

The Toon Man wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 11:30
swadd1er wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 11:05

Ryan Foster
Aguero Jimenez (Deeney)

And I plan to get Doherty next week.

Have you pre planned a transfer for next week or just see how it goes?
Camarasa to JWP/Redmond. Could change depending on this weekends results/injuries etc

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: WC34 BB35 Strategy (Deadline FRI 7pm BST)

Post by Stemania »

Pre-press conferences I've landed on

Ryan - Foster
Laporte - TAA - Boly - Duffy - Bednarek
Sterling - Eriksen - Son - Mane - Jota
Aguero - Jimenez - Murray

There's a number of players I'd like, but haven't made the cut thus far (or I can't quite afford): Pogba, Rashford, Deeney, KDB?, Doherty, Robertson, Spurs defender. Could easily pull out of Murray and just go with Deeney from the off, as I do doubt Murray's two-game starting credentials - what currently has me over the edge is the relatively small opportunity cost of having him (at worst it costs a transfer/4 points if mind is changed later).

Jota, Bednarek (and TAA) as bench cover this week in case one (or more) of the big guns are rested.

Concrete plan: Sterling & Murray :arrow: Salah & Quaner in GW36.

Vague plan: Jimenez & Duffy :arrow: Rashford & 4.4m in GW38.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

Stemania wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 13:05 Pre-press conferences I've landed on

Ryan - Foster

There's a number of players I'd like, but haven't made the cut thus far (or I can't quite afford): Pogba, Rashford, Deeney, KDB?, Doherty, Robertson, Spurs defender. Could easily pull out of Murray and just go with Deeney from the off, as I do doubt Murray's two-game starting credentials - what currently has me over the edge is the relatively small opportunity cost of having him (at worst it costs a transfer/4 points if mind is changed later).

Jota, Bednarek (and TAA) as bench cover this week in case one (or more) of the big guns are rested.

Are you happy having Murray gw35

Potters82
Treebeard

Post by Potters82 »

0DC83E4D-6BB4-4244-A82A-83E2A09C5101.png
any thoughts? Have 1.7m ITB.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

yttod1010 wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 13:16 Are you happy having Murray gw35
Not especially, as I'd rather have Deeney. He'd be on the bench (BB) most likely though, and tough games or not two fixtures for a striker would be fine there.

My issue with him really is that Andone could easily get a couple of the four games, in which case I'd rather just go with Deeney from the off (as well I might).

sdhough
Treebeard

Post by sdhough »

Stemania wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 13:05 Pre-press conferences I've landed on

Ryan - Foster

Very similar here, with only Valery instead of Bednarek. Plan is Murray for one week and then switching to Deeney for 35.

Just need to decide if Lloris+JWP is better than Foster+Jota. Would mean a pricey keeper on the bench this week but removes the GK issue for 37.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Silly to keep cash itb to turn jota into mane in GW36?

Team is

Ryan (Gunn)

Duffy trippier Laporte (TAA, Valery)

Jota JWP sterling son eriksen

Aguero Jimenez (Deeney)

Thoughts?

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Currently on the below with 0.8itb.

Lloris / Gunn
TAA / Doherty / Duffy / Dunk / Valery
Sterling / Eriksen / Son / Mane / Deulofeu
Aguero / Deeney / Jiminez

Dunk > Watford defender before 35.

I'm tempted by KDB over Sterling, but if I feel I need to get Salah in for Huddersfield I wont have a way without Sterling. I could always go KDB and keep those funds itb but that'd be 2.6m itb which seems too much for a BB week.

pokeface
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pokeface »

IceCreamFirm wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 14:03 Currently on the below with 0.8itb.

Lloris / Gunn

I'm tempted by KDB over Sterling, but if I feel I need to get Salah in for Huddersfield I wont have a way without Sterling. I could always go KDB and keep those funds itb but that'd be 2.6m itb which seems too much for a BB week.
Is deolefeu fit do we know? 🤔

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

pokeface wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 14:11

Lloris / Gunn

Is deolefeu fit do we know? 🤔
Waiting to hear, but I'm benching him this week anyway. I prefer him over Jota/JWP etc for the double so think I'm keeping him unless I hear he's out for a while which seems unlikely.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

he'll probably bench Deulofeu in GW34 anyway?

Watford's presser is later today so we might know more

anyway, Vertonghen or Trippier? Is there a rotation risk when it comes to Trippier?
Last edited by tarkens on 12 Apr 2019, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

Here's my lot with every penny of my money spent:

Ederson / Gunn
Robertson / Kolasinac / Duffy / Dunk / Valery
Son / Eriksen / KDB / Mané / Jota
Aguero / Jimenez / Deeney

All players I'm happy with in their own right, but it does look like something of a 'strong front 8' that will lead to me benching quite a lot of money every week.
What do you reckon - should I downgrade someone to fund a defensive boost (or even just keep some cash in the bank to help with future transfers)?

Fuzz
FISOhead
FS Record: 579th in FPL 2014/15

Post by Fuzz »

Slight rethink based on doubts over Murray:

Ryan
Trippier - Duffy - Dunk
Sterling - Eriksen - Son - Jota - Camarasa
Aguero - Jiménez

Gunn, Laporte, Doherty, Deeney

3.1 in the bank to upgrade Camarasa to a doubler in GW35 and bring in either Salah or Mane for the triple captain in GW36.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Think I'm close to done now;

Ryan / Gunn

Laporte / TAA / Duffy / Dunk / Bednarek

Sterling / Mane / Son / Eriksen / Camarasa

Aguero / Jimenez / Llorente

Ryan and Gunn rotate well for the rest of the season. I don't like Foster as not only does that leave you with 2 bad picks for GW37, I'm also not certain he starts GW38 as they might want to give Gomes a warm up game before the final, meaning you're then playing Ryan against City. Plus this leaves you with minimal money tied up in your second keeper for the rest of the season.

Not keen on the Brighton triple up still, but I don't see many better options. Last potential change before the deadline is Dunk > Cathcart to hedge my bets slightly there, but then this weekend that'd mean either playing him against Arsenal, Bednarek against Wolves or TAA against Chelsea, so perhaps 3 or 4 points from Dunk this week wouldn't be the end of the world.

Llorente is mainly the Deeney differential. Even if it turns out to be a mistake, at his price I have no qualms benching him for GW36, 37 and 38 as it'd still allow me enough funds to do the straight swap of Sterling > Salah in GW36 if that looks essential and I can just go 3-5-2 for the run in. If it goes well however then I've got the main striker for a team desperately trying to fight for 4th place.

I'll transfer out Camarasa next week for either Deolofeu or Jota, depending on form/fitness.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Bixer wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 14:53 Ryan and Gunn rotate well for the rest of the season. I don't like Foster as not only does that leave you with 2 bad picks for GW37, I'm also not certain he starts GW38 as they might want to give Gomes a warm up game before the final, meaning you're then playing Ryan against City. Plus this leaves you with minimal money tied up in your second keeper for the rest of the season.
So you think there is no chance for McCarthy to start for Southampton?

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Finisher1 wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 15:16
Bixer wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 14:53 Ryan and Gunn rotate well for the rest of the season. I don't like Foster as not only does that leave you with 2 bad picks for GW37, I'm also not certain he starts GW38 as they might want to give Gomes a warm up game before the final, meaning you're then playing Ryan against City. Plus this leaves you with minimal money tied up in your second keeper for the rest of the season.
I suppose truthfully GW38 is often a lottery for anyone, but I guess I see it that Watford have a valid reason to rotate keepers that week, whereas for Southampton it'd just be a bit unlucky. Already got triple City and Spurs, so that rules out Ederson and Lloris. Leno is the only other feasible DGW option I suppose, but then Arsenal are dreadful away and that'd also leave me £0.3m short of doing Sterling > Salah in GW36.

Most fans on their forum suggesting the team for this weekend mostly picks itself, which to me suggests that hopefully Gunn has won the shirt as long as they still have something to play for.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Bixer wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 15:23
Finisher1 wrote: 12 Apr 2019, 15:16
I suppose truthfully GW38 is often a lottery for anyone, but I guess I see it that Watford have a valid reason to rotate keepers that week, whereas for Southampton it'd just be a bit unlucky. Already got triple City and Spurs, so that rules out Ederson and Lloris. Leno is the only other feasible DGW option I suppose, but then Arsenal are dreadful away and that'd also leave me £0.3m short of doing Sterling > Salah in GW36.
I just think there is at least some chance that McCarthy starts in GW34-35. As far as I know Gunn is not an undisputed first choice goalkeeper.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

Lloris / Gunn
Ok now I think I'm set. 0.0 itb

Lloris / Gunn
TAA / Laporte / Duffy / Dunk / Bednarek

Duffy > Cathcart for 35.

Then if I want Salah in 36:
Deeney > Quaner & Sterling > Salah