To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Mane or Son

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Mane or Son

Mane
No votes
Son
100%

Total votes: 6

MartyBhoy7
Grumpy Old Man

Mane or Son

Post by MartyBhoy7 »

Going to replace Sane with one of the above this week and looking for consensus on who is the better selection.

Both players on good form, I think Mane has the superior fixture this week against Bournemouth albeit then has a harder one next GW at Old Trafford. I'm slightly favouring Mane but I see Son is being brought in by most on this weeks transfer thread.

I already have Salah and Robertson from Liverpool. Who would you bring in and why?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: Mane or Son

Post by Joccki_10 »

I won’t bring in Mané this week because of two things:
1. I’d maybe prefer a defensive double + Salah.
2. I don’t want six players in one game in GW27 (United - Liverpool).

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

The irony is I just spent a final 10 mins pondering this and then pulled the trigger. So this thread had better not change my mind, or I will be most upset.

I note Mr Kane is not far off returning. Possibly GW27 in fact. If Spurs are back to full strength soon, I wonder what will happen with Son. Surely he will lose at least some playing time?

I think Liverpool and Spurs have similar fixtures this week, but Liverpool's are better over the medium term, especially at home. So, despite wobbling for some time, I have gone with Mane. It means I will have 5 in one game for GW27, but given I think that one will have goals I suspect TAA will simply get benched ... but we will see.

Tough call though - I wish I had Son instead of Eriksen but cannot bring myself to take a hit for what feels a bit of a sideways move.

sdhough
Treebeard

Post by sdhough »

I've just gone through this dilemma and finally gone for Mane.

As I've only currently got Salah from Liverpool, the guarantee of fixtures in 31/33 was the main reason for me.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

have to say another reason I went for Mane are the GW31 and 33 fixtures, because I still have not decided whether to play GW31 or FH it, and prefer to make that decision after the 5th round games are done. So Mane coming in keeps the plan alive at least, and personally I think he is a decent selection for all sorts of reasons.

Let's hope I am right.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”