To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gameweek 16 Wildcard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Gameweek 16 Wildcard

Post by IceCreamFirm »

I’ll get it started. Very quick draft is the below with 0.9itb.

Leno (Steele)
Alonso / TAA / Davies (Diop / WanB)
Sterling / Sane / BSilva / Richarlison / FAnderson
Kane / Wilson (Success)

Would like to find a way for Kane and Auba (probably by downgrading Alonso and BSilva) but hard to take Wilson out.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Re: Gameweek 16 Wildcard

Post by No Way Jose »

Weak defence 343

Fabianski

Doherty Alonso TAA

Sterling Martial sane richarlison

Mitrovic Lacazette Aubameyang

Bench: button, Fraser, Balbuena, WB with 0 ITB

A few high risk picks in martial, sane, sterling and TAA

Controversy is Fraser at 6.2 at first sub. Rotates well with richarlison, will get games no doubt when rotation risks miss out

defence is light but good fixtures and Balbuena offers good aerial threat. Schindler an option with Huddersfield having better underlying defensive stats than I thought

Double up on arsenal up front is reckless but again form and fixures

Thoughts?

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

More balanced 343

Fabianski

Trippier Alonso Laporte

Sterling hazard sane richarlison

Mitrovic Lacazette Arnautovic

Bench: button, Doherty, WB, Stephens with .2 ITB

Orrrr

Arnautovic injury has prompted a possibly temporary shift of formation to 442

Team: is the above with Arnautovic to Success and Stephens to Martial. I think Jose will have minimal choice but to play martial, and that he was rested at the weekend rather than dropped. Another benching tmw though and he's a goner. Would consider shifting him to son for a short term gamble with trippier to digne or Keane to fund it

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

IceCreamFirm wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 09:14 I’ll get it started. Very quick draft is the below with 0.9itb.

Leno (Steele)
Alonso / TAA / Davies (Diop / WanB)
Sterling / Sane / BSilva / Richarlison / FAnderson
Kane / Wilson (Success)

Would like to find a way for Kane and Auba (probably by downgrading Alonso and BSilva) but hard to take Wilson out.
Big fan.

3xcity midfield is interesting.

Not much waste on the bench but not weak.

Leno at the back is a good shout. Arsenal have only kept 2CS but should see an upturn

Davies safe with rose back now? He’s due some attacking returns surely?!

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

I have to say, with 2-3 City mids per draft and Mitrovic would it not have been better to WC17?

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

No Way Jose wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 10:57 Would consider shifting him to son for a short term gamble with trippier to digne or Keane to fund it
I'd be tempted to do that.

Hazard > Alli could also give you enough for Laca > Auba.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Resonare wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 11:56 I have to say, with 2-3 City mids per draft and Mitrovic would it not have been better to WC17?
City are pretty well fixture proof and Mitrovic can definitely score against united who are letting in goals for fun these days

So much so de gea has the lowest points accrued of any of the 16 GK to have played every game so far 😂

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Strong attack 352/442

Fabianski

Alonso TAA Doherty

Fraser son martial sterling richarlison

Kane Aubameyang

Bench: button, Balbuena, WB, success

.2ItB

Could drop success back to kamara and use the money to do balbuena to digne? Kamara would be a passenger but the Christmas period would probably help him rather than hinder him

A bit unbalanced with 3 over 10m but doesn’t feel too weak elsewhere. Hmmm

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

No Way Jose wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 21:00 Strong attack 352/442

Fabianski

Alonso TAA Doherty

Fraser son martial sterling richarlison

Kane Aubameyang

Bench: button, Balbuena, WB, success

.2ItB

Could drop success back to kamara and use the money to do balbuena to digne? Kamara would be a passenger but the Christmas period would probably help him rather than hinder him

A bit unbalanced with 3 over 10m but doesn’t feel too weak elsewhere. Hmmm
what is your team value? i'm way short trying to get Kane in with a similar team

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

slyger wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 23:29 what is your team value? i'm way short trying to get Kane in with a similar team
~104

(As NWJ is captain of the 5AS Virgins his squad link has been posted - click through on his teams current week in 5AS for example)

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Yep 104 atm. Might drop a bit with a bit more tinkering this week though!

Don’t be too impressed, this is my second WC, having forgot to hit the button and copped a -40 earlier in the season :lol:

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I pulled the trigger late last night after injuries to Gomez & Arnie, and a lot of price volatility in my squad. I'll be tinkering today and tomorrow but just wanted to chat about Alonso. He's a prime candidate for me to free up funds, since he's not dominating numbers-wise compared to other defenders (like he has in seasons past). You reckon he's worth the price tag?

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Tempted to play mine now, a few pricey players not really pulling their weight, Alonso, Salah etc...

My current team;

Patricio / Hamer

Alonso / Robertson / Doherty / Wan-Bissaka / Peltier

Sterling / Sane / Felipe Anderson / Salah / Obiang

Aubameyang / Jimenez / Success

Considering this instead (changes in bold);

Fabianski / Button

Laporte / Alexander-Arnold / Doherty / Wan-Bissaka / Peltier

Sterling / Sane / Felipe Anderson / Richarlison / Gibbs-White

Aubameyang / Jimenez / Kane

Though I can't decide if it's too knee-jerk...

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Salah's a lock-in for me, I think. He has the highest xGI of any player in the game, which still makes him an excellent captaincy candidate. I suspect we'll see his output start to tally a little better with his underlying numbers as the season progresses. My current setup is this:

Fabianski (Hamer)
Laporte, TAA, Doherty (Wan-Bissaka, Femenia)
Salah, Sterling, Sané, Fraser (Stephens)
Kane, Wilson, Jiminez

0.0 ITB. The midfield and front three are locked, I think.

Two questions it raises for me:
1. Who is the best base-price 5th mid? I've sheepishly gone back to Dale Stephens (having transferred him out only last week) for the seeming safety of his 90 minutes and two points.
2. Is there a standout 4.0 keeper? I've gone for Hamer for no other reason than he doesn't look like dropping and got a few minutes earlier in the season.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

MPTree wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 09:47 I pulled the trigger late last night after injuries to Gomez & Arnie, and a lot of price volatility in my squad. I'll be tinkering today and tomorrow but just wanted to chat about Alonso. He's a prime candidate for me to free up funds, since he's not dominating numbers-wise compared to other defenders (like he has in seasons past). You reckon he's worth the price tag?
After much deliberation I’ve removed Alonso. I need to regain rank so betting against him makes sense. Good chance he comes back in though in Jan

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

I’m curious to any team with Kane, Aubameyang and Lacazette up front.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Bixer wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 10:03 Tempted to play mine now, a few pricey players not really pulling their weight, Alonso, Salah etc...

My current team;

Patricio / Hamer

Fabianski / Button

I like it, I just think the bench needs to be marginally stronger. Peltier to a Schindler or balbuena and Gibbs white to camarassa or even Stephens/Gunnarsson perhaps?

You will need them this month

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

No Way Jose wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 10:32
Bixer wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 10:03 Tempted to play mine now, a few pricey players not really pulling their weight, Alonso, Salah etc...

My current team;

Patricio / Hamer

Fabianski / Button

I like it, I just think the bench needs to be marginally stronger. Peltier to a Schindler or balbuena and Gibbs white to camarassa or even Stephens/Gunnarsson perhaps?

You will need them this month
Yeah admittedly Gibbs-White is a bit of a punt. Usually wouldn't bother, but both Danny Murphy and basically all the Wolves fans on their forum are absolutely gushing over him and saying it's a matter of time before he's a guaranteed starter. He's a no. 10 type too which I like, so when he does play he's got more potential to get attacking returns too (not that I'd ever expect many of course).

Annoyingly also I have the exact money for the team above, so if I upgraded him to a Stephens or a Hogg I'd have to switch someone else out too.

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

Also looking at WC atm

Current draft

Fabianski / 4,0
Van Dijk (D1), Alderweireld (D2) Kolasinac (D3), Doherty (D4), W-B (D5)
Sterling (M1) Sané (M2), Richarilson (M3), Felipe Anderson (M4), Masuaki (M5)
Kane (F1), Aubameyang (F2), Jimenez (F3)

Happy with midfield except M5, happy with gks and forwards.
Not that sure about defence. Could se Kolasinac make som offence points and think he will start a couple of more games then maybe get rotated with montreal.
But for 4,9 and with ARS upcoming fixtures hes great value. Also, if Arsenal defence can avoid to make those horrible individual mistakes, they will get some more CS.
Alderweireld as im not sure whos the best option otherwise, just expect some CS from TOT.
Whos the best TOT nailed defenseman for 5,9 ?

Could also see me go for balbuena as D4 and use the money to upgrade D2/D3 + M5. Could be wise as of sterling / sane rotation.
Could also see me get TAA instead of Van Dijk, and use the funds for upgrade, easier to have him on bench than Van Dijk.

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

I’m currently on this with 1.9m in the bank.

Fabianski (Button)
Alonso / TAA / Laporte (Doherty / WanB)
Sterling / Sane / Richarlison / Anderson (Camarasa)
Kane / Wilson / Jiminez

Unsure where to put the 1.9m whilst keeping Alonso. Doesn’t seem there’s anyone obvious to upgrade.

I could however do this with 0.0 itb and it’s tempting. Thoughts?

Fabianksi (Button)
TAA / Laporte / Digne (Doherty / WanB)
Kane / Lacazette / Wilson

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

goooner wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 23:18 But for 4,9 and with ARS upcoming fixtures hes great value. Also, if Arsenal defence can avoid to make those horrible individual mistakes, they will get some more CS.
One option to cover both teams for more nailed clean sheets is Leno and Balbuena/Diop. Believe it could be cheaper too.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

IceCreamFirm wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 09:07 I’m currently on this with 1.9m in the bank.

Fabianski (Button)
Alonso / TAA / Laporte (Doherty / WanB)
Kane / Wilson / Jiminez

Unsure where to put the 1.9m whilst keeping Alonso. Doesn’t seem there’s anyone obvious to upgrade.

I could however do this with 0.0 itb and it’s tempting. Thoughts?

Fabianksi (Button)
TAA / Laporte / Digne (Doherty / WanB)
Kane / Lacazette / Wilson
I like both sides. Key captains for the next period covered and very similar to my own so of course I like it 😂

I like the bench strength

I’ve gone Kolasinac as a short term gamble instead of digne but I like him too.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

The team I’m happiest at the moment is:

Fabianski (Button)
Kolasinac / TAA / Laporte (Doherty / WanB)
Sterling / Sane / Richarlison / Son (Gunnarsson)
Kane / Lacazette / Mitrovic

My main consideration atm is Mitrovic and Gunnarsson vs Fraser and success. Anyone have anything to sway me either way?

Success/Fraser combo probably has a slightly higher ceiling but fixtures are against Fraser over the next stretch

IceCreamFirm
Red & Blue Braces

Post by IceCreamFirm »

No Way Jose wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 10:09 I’ve gone Kolasinac as a short term gamble instead of digne but I like him too.
Ended up doing the same as Everton have City and Spurs in their next 3.They have a nice run after that though so can see how often Kolasinac starts and if Arsenal are as bad for clean sheets as I think they might be before potentially swapping.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

No Way Jose wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 10:14 The team I’m happiest at the moment is:

Fabianski (Button)

My main consideration atm is Mitrovic and Gunnarsson vs Fraser and success. Anyone have anything to sway me either way?

Success/Fraser combo probably has a slightly higher ceiling but fixtures are against Fraser over the next stretch
I think it depends a bit on purchase price for Fraser. I got him for 5.6, so will hold for the long-term. If you're closer to current value, it makes sense to consider alternatives. Mitrovic/Gunnarsson feels like a more solid structure overall to me, largely due to the question mark over Success's minutes. I think the extra solidity will benefit you, especially with Son + City players in your squad. It also means you've got 0.2 more money on the pitch, which might be significant when you're 0.1 shy of that perfect transfer later on.

I like the team. Jealous of the Kane/Lacazette pairing up front, but the only way for me to get there is to sacrifice Salah, which I'm not quite willing to do.

Are you WC-ing with a plan for KDB's return? Or does he not factor in your thinking?

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

MPTree wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 10:48
No Way Jose wrote: 07 Dec 2018, 10:14 The team I’m happiest at the moment is:

Fabianski (Button)

I think it depends a bit on purchase price for Fraser. I got him for 5.6, so will hold for the long-term. If you're closer to current value, it makes sense to consider alternatives. Mitrovic/Gunnarsson feels like a more solid structure overall to me, largely due to the question mark over Success's minutes. I think the extra solidity will benefit you, especially with Son + City players in your squad. It also means you've got 0.2 more money on the pitch, which might be significant when you're 0.1 shy of that perfect transfer later on.

I like the team. Jealous of the Kane/Lacazette pairing up front, but the only way for me to get there is to sacrifice Salah, which I'm not quite willing to do.

Are you WC-ing with a plan for KDB's return? Or does he not factor in your thinking?
Thanks very much for the feedback. I feel more comfortable with that too I think. Shame I missed the rise on Mitrovic today. Was expecting it to happen tmw. Leaves me .1 off camarasa instead of Gunnarsson which would have made me happy as I’ve said I have an inkling he’s on pens now and playing a more attacking role. Kolasinac could be downgraded to make that happen if I was desperate

Yeah son plus 2 city mids is a risk. Son is notoriously good at home for spurs and their fixtures coupled with location hopefully means plenty of starts. He would have been martial if he was going to be fit for Fulham so that’s my exit strategy there

KDB is a player I love but too many what ifs around him for the next bit. Will wait and see but I don’t expect him to be back to his normal self for a month or so at least

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I've hit the button:

Fabianski / Button
Laporte / Kolasniac / Digne / Doherty / Schindler
Sterling / Sane / Anderson / Richarlison / Camarasa
Kane / Lacazette / Jimenez

1.8m left in bank to turn Lacazette into Aubameyang tomorrow night if the gamble doesn't pay off. If Auba not needed then Digne or Schindler can become a Spurs defender once I know who is fit, hopefully Trippier.

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

Im done with my WC - so the final team looks like below, with 0,5 in bank.

Fabianski / Button
Laporte, TAA, Doherty, Kolasinac, W-B
Sané, Sterling, Richarilson, Felipe Anderson, Masuaku
Kane, Auba, Jimenez

Advice needed...
1. Is it worth to upgrade masuaku to for example Camarasa or Gunnarsson? Masuaku played 90 minutes last time, just want a point or two backup :).
2. Is it worth to go for Bellerin instead of Kolasinac? Have the exact funds if im not doing the M5 upgrade.

defence
Looking at the best possible, for the least amount of money. Most rotation risk at TAA, Kolasinac, but not a high chance that both are benched at the same time.

Midfield
Going for a strong City midfield because of potential hauls,
keeping Richarilson, as hes nailed - my team is up for possible unwanted rotation with the city mids, so want to play more safe and avoid TOT rotation. Same reason for Felipe Anderson. Possible to downgrade Sane and keep Sterling as my main city offence asset.

Forwards
Tight christmas program means possible safest picks with guaranted starting time. Really wanted Mitrovic, but couldnt fit him in ;).

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

goooner wrote: 08 Dec 2018, 00:12 Im done with my WC - so the final team looks like below, with 0,5 in bank.

Fabianski / Button
Laporte, TAA, Doherty, Kolasinac, W-B
Sané, Sterling, Richarilson, Felipe Anderson, Masuaku
Kane, Auba, Jimenez

Advice needed...
1. Is it worth to upgrade masuaku to for example Camarasa or Gunnarsson? Masuaku played 90 minutes last time, just want a point or two backup :).
2. Is it worth to go for Bellerin instead of Kolasinac? Have the exact funds if im not doing the M5 upgrade.

defence
Looking at the best possible, for the least amount of money. Most rotation risk at TAA, Kolasinac, but not a high chance that both are benched at the same time.

Midfield
Going for a strong City midfield because of potential hauls,
keeping Richarilson, as hes nailed - my team is up for possible unwanted rotation with the city mids, so want to play more safe and avoid TOT rotation. Same reason for Felipe Anderson. Possible to downgrade Sane and keep Sterling as my main city offence asset.

Forwards
Tight christmas program means possible safest picks with guaranted starting time. Really wanted Mitrovic, but couldnt fit him in ;).
I like the team. Masuaku has largely started so at 4.3 he's good for 2 points and the occasional assist. I do like camarasa though and am disappointed that I'm .1 off

kola is a good WC gamble, very attacking, and digne waiting in the wings with good fixtures in a few weeks if he doesn't deliver

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

We all locked in then, guys? Good luck! I'm jealous of all your squads, but stubbornly hanging onto Salah myself.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”