To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Agüero’s leaving

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who’s Agüero leaving for?

Kane
55%
Aubameyang
41%
Significant downgrade (< £7.5)
4%

Total votes: 76

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Agüero’s leaving

Post by Joccki_10 »

But for whom? And why?

Initially I was going for Kane. Though now I’m leaning towards Aubameyang. And no, not just because of his goal. It’s Kane’s positioning - he’s not playing as a centre forward - and the funds I can use to upgrade someone like Murphy to Son/D. Silva instead of Anderson.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Agüero’s leaving

Post by Mav3rick »

Aguero is still FPL royalty though in my book, and the potential lesser minutes would just be transferred Silva or Son's way?

It's tricky with city but draft has taught me just to forget rotation where city is concerned because the points come regardless. I guess with the busy Christmas period there's an argument for just sticking to someone like Kane though, or even the likes of Arnie/Mitrovic.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 14:54 It's tricky with city but draft has taught me just to forget rotation where city is concerned because the points come regardless.
It might be a decent strategy in draft but not in the regular FPL.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Surprised the majority is still going for Kane. Is it the captaincy?

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Joccki_10 wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 21:47 Surprised the majority is still going for Kane. Is it the captaincy?
Shipped him out for Kane. Will be giving the armband to Harry also. Poch will want a response after today.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

The correct answer is, of course, both.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

The thread title made me think he was leaving Man City in january.

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

Is he injured?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

math! wrote: 02 Dec 2018, 22:39 The thread title made me think he was leaving Man City in january.
Me too. :lol:

But it turns out he's just leaving Joccki's team, which is of course more important than real life and certainly merits its own thread. :wink:

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Kane comes in for Aguero this week and then Salah goes for either a Spurs mid or City and either Wilson or Arnie gets upgraded to Auba the following week.

The captaincy will rotate between Kane and Auba over the festive period.

westlondonsun
Treebeard

Post by westlondonsun »

Activated my WC tonight and managed to get Kane and Auba into the team

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

I think unless you have Sterling, you really shouldn't be thinking of getting rid of Aguero yet, but by the same token I think Sterling is better anyway so really the question is if you don't have Sterling yet, what's your plan for getting him in?

They are the only two City attackers I'd be interested in at the moment. Sane is attractive, but Pep will have to play Mahrez to keep him sharp.

I think Sterling *might* get away with being rested in the league, as he started late and as City have already qualified in the Champions League, that might be where Pepe can give him time off.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Kane, because I had the exact money, and it just seemed right and yes captain this gameweek. and yes I have Sterling (and wish i had vice cpt him this week) lol

Bao
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Bao »

Kane for me because I can captain him this GW. Auba plays wide when Laca comes back will limit his explosive return.

Klopp-o-matic
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Klopp-o-matic »

What about Aguero, Martial out and Arnie,Sterling in.

Already got Auba.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Klopp-o-matic wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 05:07 What about Aguero, Martial out and Arnie,Sterling in.

Already got Auba.
makes a lot of sense

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Bao wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 02:44 Kane for me because I can captain him this GW. Auba plays wide when Laca comes back will limit his explosive return.
That’s what I thought as well. Though when Lacazette came on at the start of the second half - along with Ramsey - Arsenal deployed a 3-4-1-2 formation with Aubameyang more in the centre and Lacazette a little bit more to the right. When Mustafi got injured they reverted to four at the back, a diamond in midfield with Ramsey behind the two up top.

Besides, we have seen what Aubameyang is capable of when he plays on the wing. :)

wonkypenguin
Grumpy Old Man

Post by wonkypenguin »

Dammit, I thought this was breaking transfer news! All excited for nothing :)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Joccki_10 wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 11:08
Bao wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 02:44 Kane for me because I can captain him this GW. Auba plays wide when Laca comes back will limit his explosive return.
That’s what I thought as well. Though when Lacazette came on at the start of the second half - along with Ramsey - Arsenal deployed a 3-4-1-2 formation with Aubameyang more in the centre and Lacazette a little bit more to the right. When Mustafi got injured they reverted to four at the back, a diamond in midfield with Ramsey behind the two up top.

Besides, we have seen what Aubameyang is capable of when he plays on the wing. :)
What sort of formation is going to be played if and when Ozil is back though, I guess Ozil can just replace Ramsey like for like in the above descriptions.

Over Christmas isn't there a decent chance that Auba (and Laca) rotate about as much as Aguero and Jesus/sterling though? And city are absolutely cintilating going forward so on similar minutes and cost, city players still would win for me.

Laca at least does come with a discount, though if you start to move down the budget freeing road there's little reason to stop at laca's price.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Auba is a risky venture but one I think I’m going to take. Fixtures and returns are to good to ignore and the worse that can happen is a couple of positive price changes in that range.

I can see why Kane is the safety choice, he could tear it up. But I wouldn’t wholly be convinced that he, Auba and Aguero aren’t going to be in and around the same range all things said.

On Aguero I didn’t want to hold over this period, I was also concerned that midfielders often can be as advanced. So a pair of City midfielders could mitigate anything he does, which is what I am planning to do and join them with Laporte. I think it’s more about your distribution of City spots and value as opposed to individuals, they are all good players.

On Kane, he’s been a steady stream of points, he could tear up this period. If I’m being honest what has informed my choice at the moment has been the lack of explosiveness and inconsistency of Spurs generally, they look a bit of a creaking team managing to many games. I also think Kanes form in FPL has tapered off for his price, last year he did well but had a quiet end of the year, that has relatively transferred to this season. For his price I think there are enough doubts for me.

In two small samples, the end of last year and the period to now Auba has posted terrific scores, up there with anyone, I think I’m going to risk it. Hopefully I’m getting in at the ground floor.

All brave words, I do have money ITB for Auba to Kane if needs be. :lol:

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

If I knew Aguero would play, it would be an easy hold. The latest from Pep, FYI:

"We have training this afternoon so I can’t tell you the answer now. De Bruyne is not ready. The other two [Aguero & Zinchenko] I don’t know right now."

The price drops and the prospect of Aguero missing out make the decision more difficult. All told, it'll cost me 0.1 more to buy him back again, which isn't a huge amount. If he does misses out mid-week then maybe he drops again too, which means I can break even should I buy him back.

If I knew for sure he'd miss out, I'd probably take Jesus for the week. As it is, I think a switch to Arnie is on the cards for me, then figure out what to do next week.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Doesn't seem the right time to get Arnie in for me: dodgy knee + compressed fixtures = rested

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Emery comments on Ozil today suggests Ozil may not be back imminently

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

so stick or twist? I'm tempted to just leave him and bring in B Silva for Martial for free and just play the City lottery

Could also do Martial to some 6.8 or less mid and Aquero to Kane. I just find the Kane move so underwhelming for some reason

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Kane is like Salah for me. We know they can haul, but how long are you going to wait? Seems so stubborn.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

Owsler wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 23:09 Kane is like Salah for me. We know they can haul, but how long are you going to wait? Seems so stubborn.
so do you not own Salah, Aquero, or Kane then?

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

slyger wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 23:54
Owsler wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 23:09 Kane is like Salah for me. We know they can haul, but how long are you going to wait? Seems so stubborn.
so do you not own Salah, Aquero, or Kane then?
At the moment, no. I got rid of Aguero for Auba at the weekend. I'm close to bringing in Kane, but that's just because I'm a chicken.

Edit. Swerved Kane. Gulp.
Last edited by Owsler on 04 Dec 2018, 18:30, edited 1 time in total.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

I'm bringing him in this week. He'll forge a devastating partnership with Kane in my attack.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

thekitkatshuffler wrote:I'm bringing him in this week. He'll forge a devastating partnership with Kane in my attack.
From where? The stands?

Brunauge
Treebeard

Post by Brunauge »

What are the thoughts on Aguero starting this weekend?

Im really considering him, and using a FT to do Aubameyang - Aguero

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”