To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Every Liverpool player will be rested at least once in GW14-16?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Finisher1
Dumbledore

Every Liverpool player will be rested at least once in GW14-16?

Post by Finisher1 »

This is their schedule:

Dec 2, GW14 Liverpool - Everton
Dec 5, GW15 Burnley - Liverpool
Dec 8, GW16 Bournemouth - Liverpool
Dec 11, UCL Liverpool - Napoli

So it's three easyish PL matches until a massively important UCL match. All these four matches in just ten days.

Isn't it very likely that every Liverpool player will be rested at least once in GW14-16? Or at least subbed off early.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Every Liverpool player will be rested at least once in GW14-16?

Post by Zimmerman »

Yes.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Not got much cover though, Shaquiri and Sturridge, La la land if hes fit

Klopp may well just pull players off earlier

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Billy Bongo wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 12:28 Klopp may well just pull players off earlier

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Billy Bongo wrote:Not got much cover though, Shaquiri and Sturridge, La la land if hes fit

Klopp may well just pull players off earlier

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
You only need to swap 3 or 4 per game. Lovren covers 2 or 3 defenders. Moreno gets a game at left back (shudder). Fabinho and Keita do midfield and Shaqiri/Sturridge up top. More than enough cover.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Any idea if TAA is likely to play Napoli (given Gomez has played a few at RB in CL), and hence if not may play all the PL games?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

hancockjr wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 08:26 Any idea if TAA is likely to play Napoli (given Gomez has played a few at RB in CL), and hence if not may play all the PL games?
Regardless of which one of them plays against Napoli, I'd assume they will share matches in GW14-16. For example, if Klopp wants to play Gomez against Napoli, then I'd think he wants him to play one match in GW14-16 because otherwise he would have quite a long break (Nov 28 against PSG and then Dec 11 against Napoli).

I think Burnley match is the easiest in GW14-16 but on the other hand Bournemouth match is just three days before Napoli. Anyway, I think most rotation will happen in (perhaps one of) those two matches.
Last edited by Finisher1 on 30 Nov 2018, 09:10, edited 2 times in total.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Trent started 4/5 in the CL.

Hooked at HT v Belgrade (a)

He was dropped at home for the game against City. Not sure if that (and the PSG away game) is a telling sign that Klopp doesn't fancy him in certain high risk games? I think v PSG the threat down that flank (Neymar) was obvious. Maybe the more defensive Gomez was preferred for that reason.

We need a 2 goal win v Napoli (at home) so i think he's more likely to start him.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Zimmerman wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 09:08 We need a 2 goal win v Napoli (at home) so i think he's more likely to start him.
Nope, 1-0 is enough.

You need a two-goal win only if Napoli scores and at the same time PSG beats Belgrad.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

I'd expect Salah to play reduced minutes, probably about 70 depending on the game. Mane could as well but I'd expect him and Firmino will probably miss a game, the latter could be dropped off form alone tbh.

As for the defence, I'd expect Virgil to start every game he's fit and Robertson to miss Burnley or Everton if he is to miss a game. I can see TAA not starting against Bournemouth for both a rest and tactical reasons.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Finisher1 wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 09:13
Zimmerman wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 09:08 We need a 2 goal win v Napoli (at home) so i think he's more likely to start him.
Nope, 1-0 is enough.

You need a two-goal win only if Napoli scores and at the same time PSG beats Belgrad.
(assuming PSG win)

I thought it was head to head... then goal difference.

Napoli beat us 1-0, so if we only manage 1-0 then H2H is even.

So it comes to Gdiff and at 1-0 goal difference would be even.

Hence me thinking we need to win by 2 goals. But i guess/assume it comes down to goals scored (after goal difference)?

In which case, that changes the game plan somewhat (id have thought)

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Zimmerman wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 10:14
Finisher1 wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 09:13
Nope, 1-0 is enough.

(assuming PSG win)

I thought it was head to head... then goal difference.

Napoli beat us 1-0, so if we only manage 1-0 then H2H is even.

So it comes to Gdiff and at 1-0 goal difference would be even.

Hence me thinking we need to win by 2 goals. But i guess/assume it comes down to goals scored (after goal difference)?

In which case, that changes the game plan somewhat (id have thought)
If you win 1-0 then you will go through in every case.

If you keep a clean sheet, then you only have to score one goal.

If Napoli scores and PSG don't beat Belgrad, then you have to beat Napoli.

If Napoli scores and PSG beat Belgrad, then you have to beat Napoli by at least two goals.

Simple.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Finisher1 wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 09:08
hancockjr wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 08:26 Any idea if TAA is likely to play Napoli (given Gomez has played a few at RB in CL), and hence if not may play all the PL games?
Regardless of which one of them plays against Napoli, I'd assume they will share matches in GW14-16. For example, if Klopp wants to play Gomez against Napoli, then I'd think he wants him to play one match in GW14-16 because otherwise he would have quite a long break (Nov 28 against PSG and then Dec 11 against Napoli).

I think Burnley match is the easiest in GW14-16 but on the other hand Bournemouth match is just three days before Napoli. Anyway, I think most rotation will happen in (perhaps one of) those two matches.
Gomez would likely play centre back if he doesn't play full back so the long break point is moot.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

hancockjr wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 12:01
Finisher1 wrote: 30 Nov 2018, 09:08

Gomez would likely play centre back if he doesn't play full back so the long break point is moot.
Well yes, that's true. Let's hope TAA will be rested anyway!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”