To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Spurs fixture shift

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Spurs fixture shift

Post by raoul »

So the Spurs fixture shift is upon us. It has been talked about as a turning point since before the season started. OK, Spurs are not in their new stadium yet - although perhaps that is a blessing, as they must feel reasonably at home at Wembley by now.

So, question is what to do about it.

Kane, who seems to have played deeper all season?
Son, who does not appear nailed as a starter and yet has just played a blinder and got forward a lot?
Eriksen, the main playmaker, but who has had injury issues that might not have gone away entirely? And has lost some set pieces to Trippier?
Alli, frequently injured?
Trippier, injured?
Lloris?
Anyone else?

To me it looks like Kane for safety (will play for sure and score but whether he warrants the premium price...), Eriksen if he seems fit and especially while Trippier is out, Son as a gamble.

Also wondering what impact European football will have, especially if Spurs end up in Europa League.

yordani
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 800

Re: Spurs fixture shift

Post by yordani »

Trippier has been great when not injured, 5 pts per game for defender is really nice. I will also probably gamble with Son, I just loved the way he played against Chelsea.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

I will be getting Kane next week .

Don’t trust the midfielders enough .

Would consider a defender if I had a free transfer at the time .

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Trippier was on every set piece when Eriksen wasn't playing and on most of them when he was but if Eriksens on form that could shift and then Trips looks a lot less promising. I've owned him all season bar injuries though and done me good.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Great fixture shidt and some key players returning from injury plys a great performance last game.

I will be bringing in Spurs players, it qpukd be strange not to

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Redsnout
Treebeard
FS Record: 676 - FPL (2016-17)

Post by Redsnout »

I would be awry of Trippier. Though he was good fpl-wise, he had some shocking defensive displays (like Alonso). Now that Aurier is back from injury, much better defensively, i can see Poch gets back to rotating his RB's.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Will hopefully be getting Son in as I love him as a player and he did me good last season.

Already ditched Trippier as it didn't read like he'd be back as early as first thought + he looked like he was dropping (so much for that last one :roll: )

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Must win game tonight and Son and eriksen on the bench. Puts me off getting spurs mids

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

I'm deffo going Kane after Arsenal, Just unsure whether I should swap him with Aguero or downgrade in midfield (Salah/Hazard) and upgrade Arnie/Jimi

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

Lloris possibly

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Is Son off in January?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Spurs fixture shift

Post by Joccki_10 »

I’ll probably be going Eriksen and Alli. Kane is too expensive and an unreliable captaincy option imo.

EDIT: Oh, and Alderweireld by the way. :)
Last edited by Joccki_10 on 28 Nov 2018, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

I’m curious that Alli barely rates a mention in the discussion. I know the hammies are a concern, but we have seen in the past what he can deliver if he gets on a form run.

He’s definitely in my thought bubble.

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

Fuzzy wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 21:59 I’m curious that Alli barely rates a mention in the discussion. I know the hammies are a concern, but we have seen in the past what he can deliver if he gets on a form run.

I was considering him but was put off somewhat when I read this quote from Alli earlier in the week
“I think my role has changed a little bit. I’m playing a little bit deeper, I’m not always thinking about scoring goals or assisting."
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... rs-chelsea

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Bobby Fetta wrote:
Fuzzy wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 21:59 I’m curious that Alli barely rates a mention in the discussion. I know the hammies are a concern, but we have seen in the past what he can deliver if he gets on a form run.

I was considering him but was put off somewhat when I read this quote from Alli earlier in the week
“I think my role has changed a little bit. I’m playing a little bit deeper, I’m not always thinking about scoring goals or assisting."
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... rs-chelsea
Just to put the pressure off of himself. :wink:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

BBC

about CL last GS match when Spurs will have to match @Barça the result Inter will get home vs PSV

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino: "To arrive to Barcelona and compete at our best we need to have fresh legs, fresh minds, no injuries; to arrive in that way to Barcelona we need to rotate the squad of course..."

GW14 Sun 02 ars
GW15 Wed 05 SOU
GW16 Sat 08 lei
CL GS Tue 11 bar

4 games, one every 3rd day, 3 away
The first 3 are PL ones where the team will be managed and rotated with the main goal to have the best XI fresh and hope-fully fit for the 4th game, by explicit manager declaration
:?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

and Poch hates Barca?

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

blahblah wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 23:20 and Poch hates Barca?
Ah, suddenly it makes sense, had forgotten that. Was thinking it seemed strange to prioritise quite a low probability outcome (beating Barca away) over PL games.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

And Fascist Madrid will want a new manager in the summer.....

There was an interesting interview\article about him not expecting it before the WC, but now Ron has gone (kinda post SAF at OT kinda thing) and maybe Bale to the new stadium with 'onest 'arry going to el Facisto's could happen?

(I do wonder about any escape type clauses that Spurs players are insisting on as a fair few have signed recently, but then I guess that D Levy is too sharp, but then....)

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Joccki_10 wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 22:54 Just to put the pressure off of himself. :wink:
Or to create more space for the real star of that Spurs team... :wink:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

blahblah wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 23:31 And Fascist Madrid
wow, I always hated Galacticocks, but I found someone even angrier

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

MoSe wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 23:43
blahblah wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 23:31 And Fascist Madrid
wow, I always hated Galacticocks, but I found someone even angrier
Oh yes. Franco's team, the state (inc Banks) at their service....

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Kane still seems the obvious pick, but of course at a premium. You're paying for security of starts and captaincy picks though?

My problem with any of the midfielders over Christmas is that Poch has Eriksen, Alli, Son, Lucas, Lamela to pick from for the 3 positions supporting Kane. If you do pick a midfielder you have to expect rotation.

Joshua82
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consecutive top 3k finishes in FPL (2013-2015)

Post by Joshua82 »

I just can't seem to get on board with this Spurs fixture shift. Trippier is the one I'd like but too many question marks over him along with the midfielders and Kane is too expensive IMO, I already have Sterling and Salah at premium prices who I'd prefer to captain ahead of Kane as I think they will be more reliable with the armband and both have good enough fixtures on the horizon. I'm leaning towards Aguero to Auba for Arsenals GW16 fixture swing and upgrading Martial to Sane for my 3rd Man City player who at this stage I'd prefer over Alli/Eriksen. Auba could cover some captaincy too.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Bobby Fetta wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 23:24
blahblah wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 23:20 and Poch hates Barca?
Ah, suddenly it makes sense, had forgotten that. Was thinking it seemed strange to prioritise quite a low probability outcome (beating Barca away) over PL games.
A low probability outcome? Their odds to win are 2.90.

If you think Barca is such a big favourite, then you might want to back Barca win for 2.15. Should be easy money for you?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Ive already got Kane

Martial and VvD will go for Eriksen and Vertonghen next week

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

Kane coming in for Vardy is my only definite. Very possibly Son (for Salah) as well if he starts nailing down his slot.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

So aren't you guys worried about Kane's deeper role? In some matches he has played as number ten. I don't want a 12.3m reverse-OOP.

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

Finisher1 wrote: 29 Nov 2018, 14:33 A low probability outcome? Their odds to win are 2.90.

If you think Barca is such a big favourite, then you might want to back Barca win for 2.15. Should be easy money for you?
Thanks for the tip :D . I'm surprised at those odds but I'm not a betting man. I guess there is nothing riding on the game for Barca.

Back on the main topic, as I understand it, Son has been granted an exemption from the first two games in the Asian Cup. So likely he misses the second half of January (3 games). That seems far enough away to ignore it for now.

Son would be my preference if I knew he was going to play but surely he is going to lose plenty of minutes to Lucas Moura and Lamela, now that Alli and Eriksen are back now?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”