To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Arnautovic

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
mandoncare
Treebeard

Arnautovic

Post by mandoncare »

So his run of hard games is over and a good stretch of 12 games begins (they avoid the top 6 apart from Man City at home GW13. Any Hammer around know how Yarmolenko’s injury might affect things. Not at all interested if he could be shoved on the wing

xJosh-
FISOhead

Re: Arnautovic

Post by xJosh- »

Not a West Ham fan but I'd be amazed if that was the case tbh. Arnie is a beast up front he should've had at least 1 goal against Spurs, with Hernandez not being an adequate replacement I don't feel its likely. I think its more likely they start playing Antonio or Snodgrass and its more a question of if he is going to still get the service he needs for those chances. That being said I'm also interested as I'm thinking of doing Aguero + Moura > Arnie + Salah.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

They have been managing\limiting Arnie's training(left knee I think) to keep him playing, if that is of any use.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Its useful to put doubt in my mind haha but appreciate the insight.

Jamtart
Treebeard
FS Record: Hopefully improving...

Post by Jamtart »

That's an interesting point BlahBlah!

I brought Mitro in last week so my thinking at the minute is to give him the next 2 GWs and see how West Ham and Arnie look over these two weeks. With that fixture run he's extremely tempting if he stays fit though!

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

I'm always reluctant with Arnautovic personally as it always seems to just be a matter of time before he's yellow flagged again for one reason or another.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

I've got Mitrovic so would be tempted to wait for wk14 when Mitrovic fixtures truly sour and will have more info on arnies knee

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Re his knee: Pelli said that this weekend and has been such since preseason....

I haven't Googled for more specific info...

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

It says he has had it since pre season, it also says its the reason he was out for those 2 weeks earlier this season. Given this info it baffles me that he played for Austria really.

HungryHungrySuarez
Red & Blue Braces

Post by HungryHungrySuarez »

well he was 'ill' today according to some reports, but with that inflamed bone in his knee it sounds like it's the reason behind his apparent lack of sharpness this season compared to last. He's been missing 2-3 days a week apparently to manage it and has had some pain playing.

I can't find any information relating to how it's expected to be resolved, but i can't imagine either the player or the club will be happy just managing it in this way, so perhaps this is the start of a few weeks lay-off to get it right?

Desperado
Treebeard

Post by Desperado »

With this unexpected noshow I think I’m heading towards a frontline of 4.5-5.5-11 instead of 5.5-7-11 which was the plan with fit Arnautovic.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

He’s delivered me 1, 1, and 0 after averaging 6ppg from his tough fixtures before bringing him in. Going well so far

His knee is a worry but I still want him. Am I missing a trick? I’d love to know what his actual injury is. Anyone got a proper diagnosis?

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

2 time Divisional Championships Premier League winner :)

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

He is my planned transfer in this week for Wilson but this worrying. His fixtures are sooooo good, so hopefully after his illness and 2 weeks to rest his knee he will be in good shape for the Burnley game.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

No Way Jose wrote: His knee is a worry but I still want him. Am I missing a trick? I’d love to know what his actual injury is. Anyone got a proper diagnosis?
A bruised bone in the knee apparently. But this week it was an illness. There is a cold/flu bug going around, maybe that?

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 06:51
No Way Jose wrote: His knee is a worry but I still want him. Am I missing a trick? I’d love to know what his actual injury is. Anyone got a proper diagnosis?
A bruised bone apparently. But this week it was an illness. There is a cold/flu bug going around, maybe that?
Interesting diagnosis though. I strongly doubt that's the case personally. If it's dragged along this long with high level care, injections etc than I can't help but wonder what the actual injury is. If we was nursing a bruised bone, then it makes sense for him to not play the most recent internationals and 1 game for the hammers e.g. he could have had a 3 week break missing the recent IB and spurs game

I just find it strange. Hopefully it's improving rather than declining!

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

West Ham look decent and their fixtures so good now. Alternatives to Arnie....is 5.3m Snodgrass any good now Yarmolnenko out long-term? He has pedigree in FPL but don't know how he's looked recently. All of their defenders look good value to me.

carver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by carver »

Valeron wrote: 28 Oct 2018, 07:07 West Ham look decent and their fixtures so good now. Alternatives to Arnie....is 5.3m Snodgrass any good now Yarmolnenko out long-term? He has pedigree in FPL but don't know how he's looked recently. All of their defenders look good value to me.
Thought Snodgrass looked good . Always looking to find space near and in the box . Shared corners with Anderson vs Spurs (they didn't win one last night ) and would assume he is on direct free kicks . Possibly on pens with Noble suspended if Arnie injured .

carver
Grumpy Old Man

Post by carver »

Diangana started on right wing 4.5 mid . Had an average game though and not sure why Antonio is not starting .

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

carver wrote: Diangana started on right wing 4.5 mid . Had an average game though and not sure why Antonio is not starting .
Pellegrini just doesn't fancy him, happens sometimes. Too agricultural I think.
Same as Moses at Chelsea. Very good last 2 seasons but just doesn't suit what Sarri wants to do.
Personally I rate them both and think they could be interesting if they move in January,

finkelele
Treebeard

Post by finkelele »

You guys really think he won't be playing the next GW? Against Burnley?

I have been planning to transfer him in for a long time!

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

finkelele wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 22:51 You guys really think he won't be playing the next GW? Against Burnley?

Well they have to play Spurs midweek in the cup so I'll be keeping an eye on him it that one.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 23:01
finkelele wrote: 29 Oct 2018, 22:51 You guys really think he won't be playing the next GW? Against Burnley?

Well they have to play Spurs midweek in the cup so I'll be keeping an eye on him it that one.
I'd be surprised if he played given he's largely been under 1 game per week pattern due to his knee niggle. That on top of an illness should be a great excuse to give him even more rest really and hopefully help the knee complaint go away once and for all. This may be wishful thinking :lol:

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Dumbledore

Yeah would much rather he gets held back for the weekend.

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

If anything surely it was more likely they played on an illness so that he could be given an extra few days rest for Spurs seeing as that is a "bigger" game?

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

He's available for selection for the Spurs game (apparently)

finkelele
Treebeard

Post by finkelele »

So then he will be playing on saturday at least!

Joshua82
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Consecutive top 3k finishes in FPL (2013-2015)

Post by Joshua82 »

Arnie owner here too. I somehow read into his knee issue being psychosamic, surely they've done all the necessary checks/scans and if it was anything serious (especially with it being a knee) he would be getting a proper rest and not playing internationals, plus I'm sure I read a quote from Pelligrini saying that he needs to get used to playing with pain. Bruised bone would explain the pain he's experiencing too I guess but not sure why he wouldn't be getting an extended rest. Hopefuly these 2 weeks off will be enough, he owes me after transferring for Fraser a few weeks back (urgh!).

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

Came on for 30 minutes last night... so he's ok right :cry:

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Yeah probably. 65 minutes could be on the cards. However there is a small chance he doesn't make it and can only play 30 again. I wouldn't be surprised if he played 90 minutes as West Ham really need him but if his minutes are being managed (the manager has come out and said there is a 'problem') can he be trusted this season would be a question I'd like the answer to.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

If not Arnie, who else? Slim pickings.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”