To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Overall Rank Thread 18/19 (Originally "I am #8 in the Overall Standings!!!")

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Overall Rank Thread 18/19 (Originally "I am #8 in the Overall Standings!!!")

Post by bulgarche »

Great start for me guys.
Hope to have luck with the captains this season.
I am playing again with 5 top defenders and 3 top strikers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tacalabala on 20 Aug 2018, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Re: I am #8 in the Overall Standings!!!

Post by math! »

You might want to fix your fpl link then.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Beast!

Neath boy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Egg Cup Premier league champions 2011-12 and 2012-13. Fiso H2H PremierLeague champion 2015/16. FISO Super League regular season champion 2016-17.

Post by Neath boy »

math! wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 12:46 You might want to fix your fpl link then.
Yeh confused me!

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Congrats bulgarche, thoroughly deserved after all these years. Make sure you take a screenshot!!

tommygun25
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tommygun25 »

Well done mate :twisted: always loved your thinking glad all those Maverick approaches are playing off this season

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Yeah, 8th in the overall standings... after less than two gameweeks... with no players left to play in the second gameweek... with a wildcard already played... with a bench boost already played.... and you thought this was thread-worthy.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Football Hero wrote: Yeah, 8th in the overall standings... after less than two gameweeks... with no players left to play in the second gameweek... with a wildcard already played... with a bench boost already played.... and you thought this was thread-worthy.

Boo! Shame!

Droughton
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL 11/12 - 292

Post by Droughton »

I was thinking to myself 'I'm sure there was somebody on FISO who always started with 5 prem defenders they must be killing it' :lol:

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

Football Hero wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 13:11 Yeah, 8th in the overall standings... after less than two gameweeks... with no players left to play in the second gameweek... with a wildcard already played... with a bench boost already played.... and you thought this was thread-worthy.
I'd rather someone with a notably good rank make a little thread about it than let it inflate their ego so much that this response becomes reasonable to them. Bore off

ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Post by ajcairns »

LamebrainEddy wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 13:36
Football Hero wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 13:11 Yeah, 8th in the overall standings... after less than two gameweeks... with no players left to play in the second gameweek... with a wildcard already played... with a bench boost already played.... and you thought this was thread-worthy.
I'd rather someone with a notably good rank make a little thread about it than let it inflate their ego so much that this response becomes reasonable to them. Bore off
He has got a point though. I would wager that a lot thought the same when they read the thread - I certainly did but couldn't think of a way of diplomatically replying to it so after a few deleted draft responses I decided to just wait for FH to post...

I would also think a fair % of those same people still think they will finish ahead of this guy by the way.

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

math! wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 12:46 You might want to fix your fpl link then.
This is his team until he does (Or the one currently in 8th playing the 523 he describes anyway).
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/team/679976/event/2
(Congrats Bulgarche!)

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Congratulations Filip.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

nice work

Calvin1979
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Ruined by real life responsibilities

Post by Calvin1979 »

Well done Bulgarche 8-)

bulgarche
FISOhead
FS Record: 192 038st season 2011/2012

Post by bulgarche »

Thank you guys. Good luck to everyone.
Just fixed the FPL link :))

zipnolan
Dumbledore
FS Record: Ex FISODAS champ; 2009 TFF 95th, MOTW and TFF cup qtr finalist, TFFO 78th, FPL 346th. And a lot of rubbish.

Post by zipnolan »

Bravo to the Bulgarian Saint!

Weisenwolf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2,234 points; back when this was considered a good score....

Post by Weisenwolf »

Nice

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Why can't you share someone else's pleasure and joy rather than making catty comments?

Well done Bulgarche! Keep up the good work.

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

Did he steal your Mrs?

Well done, 8th is somewhere many will never be, regardless of circumstances, take a screenshot :mrgreen:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

bulgarche wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 12:44 Great start for me guys.
Hope to have luck with the captains this season.
I am playing again with 5 top defenders and 3 top strikers.
duly spotted and mentioned here too
RomynPG wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 20:29
Joccki_10 wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 11:33
Stemania wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 11:02
MoSe wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 23:51Look, Bulgarche atop the Forum League, with 10% pts margin over r.up
His time has finally come! Great stuff bulgarche. :D
Bench boost in GW1 worked out well and his wildcard in GW2 too, so far. But no Liverpool players?
Looking good ... 8th overall as at now. No players left so will obv drop a bit ... but back to back 100+s in the first 2 GWs is a pretty cool. Nice one Bulgarche :D
and owenclass post in TRK was no doubt referencing you
owenclass wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 23:58 Has somebody got a century of points in the first two game weeks before
would be handy if you updated your FPL Button (you took the effort to last update it 2 seasons ago, why not renewing that effort once a season? :) :))
in the meanwhile, apart the team link provided by BFM, you can find Bulgarche atop the FISO Forum League
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/lea ... 26/classic

Early leaders are seldom at the top when season ends,
Still, being in FPL top ten at anytime during a season is a moment VERY FEW Fisoers have the ability to celebrate.

Who says it's not worth creating a topic for, is just showing his jealousy. Poor sport.
Who objects that many of us might still end the season ahead Bulgarche is probably right, that shouldn't take away from the satisfaction of being in the top ten.

Lot of Fisoers lobbied to play BB in GW1, now one who did gets belittled because he did?

Many Fisoers advocate the use of an early WC at season start, so you can begin early to reap its benefits.
75 out of 1299 in the Forum League in GW2 used their WC, that's 5.8% of Fisoers.

Sure we should consider both those strategic choices helped Bulgarche to a good start, and others will catch up when it will be their turn to deploy them,
but while putting things in the right perspective is one thing, belittling the feat is "sour grapes" imho.
_____

"this guy", for those who don't know him,
is a Forum Veteran and a celebrity.

He's famous for the strong defence strategy (would have to check again if it atcually was "all-premiums" at some time),
well before the Value in defence got hyped again this season and in previous one.
He was already past his heyday maybe when I joined Fiso 4 years ago, but seeing him often mentioned, I at least took the effort to search a bit the forum for what had been going on before I joined it, and catch up with such ongoing subjects and themes...

_____

Fisoers in FPL top 10

all-time, you might check Top Achievers shared online 1 year ago in STC
viewtopic.php?p=3059480#p3059480
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... CVisHLrtX4

you can see that out of the over 1k Fisoers taken into account then,
ONLY FIVE (5) managed to end the season in the Top 10, since 2006/07
and only 31 more ended it in the top 100, only 2 thereof did it twice

Sure, many more could have found themselves in FPL top 10 once during a season, and then fell back, or even just halfway in a gameweek.
But not that many anyway, I guess.

Last season, we had to wait till GW10 before ONE Fiso-Leaguer got in the Top 1k, not top 10 and not even top 100 but 1k :o :|
The first to break in top 100 was Tusk, who ended to win id, and it happened GW24, and tusk could only maintain that rank for a couple GWs
Davidoff, who joined the League later, was on and off in top 100 till GW35, when Ardrageen and zomri joined him
Top 100, NOT top 10.

After thesiklkworms ending FPL 7th in 14/15, I can't recall off-the-top of any other fisoer breaking into FPL Top 10 other than gforce1985
viewtopic.php?p=3051762#p3051762
who got 5th in GW34 2016/17 (then he slipped back to 9th in GW36, alas I don't think I kept track of his final position, but IIRC he'd have still beaten Joccki had he been in the forum League)

all those who had been in FPL top 10 anytime during the season (after GW1 ;)) in last forum seasons please step forward
As far as I can recall, Bulgarche is only the third to the feat (and falling outside it after tonite's match won't take anyting away of it)
something we're not even able to manage as a community once per season

yeah, not that much of an achievement, after all :roll:

So, i'd be happy

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

8th in a game that has over 5 million teams (and many are multi-teamers trying to win the GW). I'd feel pretty dizzy :lol:

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Well done Bulgarche. Keep it up.

Very few on here will reach such dizzy heights. It's the sort of thing that warrants an FS record update right below your avatar IMO.

Thanks for the reference MoSe (the first FISOer to "just" get into the top 1k last season, not the top 10 or even top100 :wink: ). I was proud of getting into the top 1k and had sights set on winning at that point but it all went wrong so I think it's right and fair to celebrate being near the top of the tree. It's what we play the game for.

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

8-)

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

Drink it in my man, hope you get green arrows next week! :lol:

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

Congrats bulgarche, every single one of us would love to be in that position right now!

Just keep playing your game and be true to yourself.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

ajcairns wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 13:43
LamebrainEddy wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 13:36
He has got a point though. I would wager that a lot thought the same when they read the thread - I certainly did but couldn't think of a way of diplomatically replying to it so after a few deleted draft responses I decided to just wait for FH to post...

I would also think a fair % of those same people still think they will finish ahead of this guy by the way.
Correct.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 14:48
Why can't you share someone else's pleasure and joy rather than making catty comments?

Well done Bulgarche! Keep up the good work.
Because the pleasure and joy is unreasonable given the circumstances. They are literally kidding themselves, and it's kinder to not let them get carried away surely? He's 8th place with poor strategy, (two chips used already), so he shouldn't be celebrating that.

It's a bit like in poker if someone get's all the money in with 44 pre-flop against a tight player's AA; and they suck out by hitting a 4 and then start celebrating. There is no reason to celebrate when it is poor play. That is all this guy has done, he's played poorly FPL-wise and after two weeks has sucked out on us.

So let's have some realism come into this thread why don't we. I'm actually helping them out whereas you're literally saying 'Well done' for bad play. That is not helpful to them.

Kevlar
Wideboy

Post by Kevlar »

LamebrainEddy
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LamebrainEddy »

Football Hero wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 16:18

Because the pleasure and joy is unreasonable given the circumstances.
Everyone please make sure to check through with this guy before taking any pleasure and joy to see if it's reasonable first, as you can see it's quite offensive.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”