To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Premier League Press Conferences and Twitter 2018/19

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Premier League Press Conferences and Twitter 2018/19

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

BobMem wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 15:25 Internationalitis, or did he go off early in the derby?
Played the full 90 so hopefully just a mild case of internationalitis. I would have thought he'd be keen to play for France though and make his mark, having been left out of the squad that won the World Cup, so hopefully it's nothing serious and two weeks' rest will clear it up.

And yes, I did bring him in last night. :lol: :roll: :oops:

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
BobMem wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 15:25 Internationalitis, or did he go off early in the derby?
Played the full 90 so hopefully just a mild case of internationalitis. I would have thought he'd be keen to play for France though and make his mark, having been left out of the squad that won the World Cup, so hopefully it's nothing serious and two weeks' rest will clear it up.

And yes, I did bring him in last night. :lol: :roll: :oops:
You should have known better. :wink:

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Dinnery is also tweeting that Mendy is injured. "Left knee sprain and meniscal lesion".

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

hancockjr wrote:Dinnery is also tweeting that Mendy is injured. "Left knee sprain and meniscal lesion".
1 of 4 French premiership players with friendlyitis

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

hancockjr wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 21:23 Dinnery is also tweeting that Mendy is injured. "Left knee sprain and meniscal lesion".
He’s now had surgery
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46215044

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Not presser or Twitter, but a BBC article
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46265590
ASmith out for 3 months after knee surgery

He'd been deployed as LB in 5 of last 6 in PL, with Francis RB.
The natural candidate to fill in as LB would be Daniels (unless some Cherries fan here has clearer insights), who could even be a viable option at 4.2m

But
- he only played 5 games so far, with no attacking returns (he had 8G 11A in last 3 PL seasons)
- Cherries only kept 4/12 CS so far
- they'll meet ARS mci LIV tot mun in next 8 fixtures

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Premier League Press Conferences and Twitter 2018/19

Post by Joccki_10 »

According to Dinnery Ings is rated as a big doubt for the weekend. A shat load of other players are back in full training including Aubameyang, Lacazette, Martial and Maddison.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

#FFScout

- Gudmundsson missed #BURNEW with a bug
- so troubleshoot it

:GROAN:

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I worry this thread has been given the Sticky of Death™ :(

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Or has just missed too many open goals, hasn't passed enough etc?

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

Updates from Thursday's pressers as distilled from the mighty Ben Dinnery https://twitter.com/bendinnery :

Brighton
Jose Izquierdo (knee) has been ruled out again while Alireza Jahanbakhsh (hamstring) won't be rushed following a minor setback. "He is close but we still have to make sure that we do everything right."
Shane Duffy serves the final game of his 3-game ban.

Burnley
Sean Dyche confirms Aaron Lennon has had surgery to repair a cartilage tear in his knee. "There is no timescale at present on his return."
Johann Berg Gudmundsson (hamstring) returned to training on Monday and could be available barring a setback. Steve Defour (knee) misses out again.
Nick Pope (dislocated shoulder) returned for the U23s on Monday, but the Clarets goalkeeper is not ready to be considered for the first-team just yet.

Fulham
Anguissa is available again after his ban, but Claudio Ranieri confirms the midfielder has been ruled out for "another ten days" after picking up an injury. Ryan Sessegnon (groin) will miss the trip to Tyneside - hoping to return to face Wolves "or the [game] after".

Huddersfield
No fresh injury concerns from the defeat at home to Newcastle. “Steve Mounié is back and in contention." Van la Parra (back) will have a late fitness test.
Despite being included in Australia's 23-man squad for next month's Asian Cup, Aaron Mooy is expected to miss the tournament through injury . “We will rush nothing, no-one wants him to have further injuries. We think he’ll be out for eight weeks.”

Leicester
Jamie Vardy was rested in the Carabao Cup midweek but will return to the matchday squad at Chelsea. "I hope he can play and find his qualities. We need Jamie. It’s been difficult for him with injuries and suspensions. We need him at his best."
Wilfried Ndidi and Ben Chilwell are both struggling with knee injuries and Claude Puel will make a late call on their availability.
CP on Ben Chilwell: "I think he can participate [in the Chelsea game]. We will see tomorrow."

Liverpool
James Milner is expected to be back in contention after missing the win over Manchester United: “I just had a bit of a sensation in my hamstring at the end of the Napoli game and the manager made the decision [to miss Sunday’s game]. It was the right thing not to risk me."
Trent Alexander-Arnold is expected to miss out again, however, he could return in GW19. “It actually looks surprisingly good,” said Klopp. “I think Wolves will still be a bit too early but after that, they told me we can think about him. The pain goes down second by second."
Joe Gomez (lower leg fracture), Joel Matip (fractured collarbone) and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (knee ligament) remain Liverpool’s long-term absentees.

Southampton
Cedric and Lemina are among those who will be contention to face Huddersfield.

Tottenham
Serge Aurier (groin) and Mousa Dembele (ankle) are in the final stages of rehab. Eric Dier (appendicitis) has been discharged from hospital and will commence his recovery from next week. Jan Vertonghen (thigh) has begun work but won't return until January.

Watford
Etienne Capoue returns after his ban. “Everybody knows he is a very important player for us,” said Gracia. "His comeback makes us stronger. We have more options now. We know we play five games in 15 days and all of the players are important."
“We have the same players out of the team,” said Gracia. “We'll see for the next games if they are ready. Sebastian Prodl (knee) and Will Hughes (hip) are the players closest."

West Ham
Lucas Perez (foot) faces a late fitness test. Otherwise, it's as you were for the Hammers. Up-to eight players missing for the visit of Watford on Saturday.
"We don't know if Wilshere needs [ankle] surgery. We need to wait for his medical examination. We cannot be sure just yet."
"I always say that December is a key month. We need to play so many games - seven in December - this [time] could decide a team's future. We've started [the month] well, but we're missing players and we have to use all of the squad."
Arnautovic (hamstring) could return ahead of schedule. "I think, next week, he will be back working with the team. When you don't have those players, you have a squad. I am happy with the options I've had without Marko [but] I'm not happy with Marko's injury."

Wolves
Diogo Jota fails to recover from the hamstring injury which forced him off in the win over Bournemouth.
No other injury concerns for Nuno Espirito Santo.

And a final update from @CarefreeYouth, useful for those of us still playing the 17/18 season, is that Andreas Christensen went off injured with a minor hamstring strain last night. :)

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Nice update - thanks

Caf wrote: 21 Dec 2018, 00:18 And a final update from @CarefreeYouth, useful for those of us still playing the 17/18 season, is that Andreas Christensen went off injured with a minor hamstring strain last night. :)
But still no news on Del Horno which is disappointing :o

Caf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Caf »

Few more Dinnery updates from today:

Arsenal
Mustafi will be available for Saturday but the game against Burnley is expected to come too soon for Hector Bellerin and Sead Kolasinac*. Mkhitaryan (ankle) was injured last weekend and the club are waiting on the results of his scan. Everyone else is as last weekend.
*NB Dinnery posted a video earlier saying Kolasinac would be out, but then more recently tweeted: Sead Kolasinac (thigh) has passed a fitness test and he will come into Emery's thinking for the early kick-off on Saturday. Looks like Mustafi will be back with the rehab team again next week

Bournemouth
Callum Wilson (hamstring) came through the Chelsea game (Carabao Cup) without any problems "and is fine". Simon Francis (groin) has not been on the training pitches and is likely to miss out. "We have a few other injury issues," said Eddie Howe.

Cardiff
“There are one or two little niggles, but we should have a full squad at Christmas," said Neil Warnock. Joe Bennett (hip) has not trained this week after picking up a knock at Watford.

Chelsea
Sarri confirms Andreas Christensen is ruled out due to the hamstring injury he sustained in the Carabao Cup win over Bournemouth.
Sarri has not decided on his striker selection for Saturday… Morata (knee) has just returned to training. NB Dinnery said he thinks Hazard will start up top but not sure how serious he's being

Crystal Palace
Cheikhou Kouyate has trained and Roy Hodgson says the midfielder "could be available" although there are slight concerns about risking him ahead of the busy fixture period.
Martin Kelly suffered a groin related problem towards the end of the Leicester game. "Unfortunately, he'll miss out." Wayne Hennessey (back) hasn't recovered and Christian Benteke (knee) is still working his way back to full fitness.
"There's a good chance that come Wednesday the only one still unavailable could be Christian Benteke. Wayne should be in training on Monday."
Wilfried Zaha and James Tomkins come back into contention after serving a one-match ban.

Everton
Silva said McCarthy is ready to make his competitive comeback. "James is progressing. He is getting better. I know games will give him a better condition, but we are playing tough, tough matches and it is not easy to give him minutes in those games.”
Richarlison and Andre Gomes have both missed sessions this week because of illness. However, the pair have re-joined the group and should be fine for the visit of Spurs on Sunday.

Man City
Vincent Kompany is "much better" while David Silva (hamstring) has started to train "but he is not ready for tomorrow."

Man Utd
"Romelu's had a couple of days off, so I've not seen him yet. I've not seen Alexis, cos he's on his way back as well. So, I'm looking forward to seeing them."
Luke Shaw (back spasm) has been training this week... Should be in contention. Smalling (foot) is being assessed game-to-game.

Newcastle
Jonjo Shelvey (thigh), Ciaran Clark and Karl Darlow (elbow) will all miss the game with Fulham, but Federico Fernandez (calf) is available. Ki Sung-Yeung is expected to link up with South Korea - for the Asian Cup - after the game on Saturday.
Rafa: "Ki will play this game then afterwards he will go because he is going to training in Abu Dhabi on December 26. I wanted to keep him longer but no chance"

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

Caf wrote: 21 Dec 2018, 16:54 *NB Dinnery posted a video earlier saying Kolasinac would be out, but then more recently tweeted: Sead Kolasinac (thigh) has passed a fitness test and he will come into Emery's thinking for the early kick-off on Saturday. Looks like Mustafi will be back with the rehab team again next week
hmm Kolasinac - what to do :?:

Caf
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Caf »

Personally, I’m set on keeping him and rolling a transfer. I’ve made single, sideways, injury-based FTs in both of the last two weeks since wildcarding, and neither has given me any points benefit so far - I may as well have ignored the injuries and let the bench players come off. So I’ll take the injury risk this week in the name of the fixed reward of gaining 2FTs and more flexibility.
If you have 2FTs already and can restructure, it may be a different situation.

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

I agree.

WCed last week so looking to roll this week so I get 2FT next - by which time the ManU options should (?) be clearer. Going to play Kola and see what happens.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Just a rumour but fellow Alonso owners should note:

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/rumo ... s-chelsea/

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

this is the second time within the month i have heard this, beginning to worry me

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Dinnery:

The MEN report that Romelu Lukaku (compassionate leave) and Alexis Sanchez (hamstring) were not pictured arriving at the team hotel yesterday. There was no Anthony Martial either, although the attacker has been known to join the group late.

Doesn't sound good for Hernandez, a strain is almost certain to keep him out. “Javier had a kick in his back during the last week and he couldn’t work for all of it and he felt the same problem on Saturday, maybe with some strain in his hamstring."

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Surprised that Martial is allowed to join them late. Any reason for that? Sounds a bit disrespectful which I wouldn't think Ole'd tolerate.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

his first Christmas with his new baby, maybe allowed to stay at home Christmas night and go to hotel this morning?

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

This is what I found on Twitter: Martial anlände ca kl 20 till Manchester igår, hamnade på samma flyg dit från Paris. Var nog hemma för en blixtvisit över jul.

Anyone able to translate? :lol:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Martial arrived about 20am to Manchester yesterday, ended up on the same flight there from Paris. Be at home for a lightning break over Christmas.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Martial arrived about 20:00 to Manchester yesterday, ended up on the same flight there from Paris. Been at home for a lightning break over Christmas.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker

Post by Joccki_10 »

Zimmerman wrote: 26 Dec 2018, 11:37 Martial arrived about 20am to Manchester yesterday, ended up on the same flight there from Paris. Be at home for a lightning break over Christmas.
Ruth_NZ wrote: 26 Dec 2018, 11:38 Martial arrived about 20:00 to Manchester yesterday, ended up on the same flight there from Paris. Been at home for a lightning break over Christmas.
So you're going to the same class? :wink:

pokeface
Red & Blue Braces

Post by pokeface »

Anyone know when Pelligrini press conference is? Can’t see it on the schedule on BBC sport.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

pokeface wrote: 28 Dec 2018, 12:39 Anyone know when Pelligrini press conference is? Can’t see it on the schedule on BBC sport.
Probably tomorrow given that they played last night.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Tall Paul wrote:
pokeface wrote: Anyone know when Pelligrini press conference is? Can’t see it on the schedule on BBC sport.
Probably tomorrow given that they played last night.
I believe it was done at the same time as the Thursday post-match presser.

MrBenn
Treebeard

Post by MrBenn »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 26 Dec 2018, 11:38 Martial arrived about 20:00 to Manchester yesterday, ended up on the same flight there from Paris. Been at home for a lightning break over Christmas.
Still doesnt confirm if i have to use a transfer to get him out tho :x

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”