To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Fixtures are out thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Fixtures are out thread

Post by Billy Bongo »

Early thoughts? Also rumours Spurs will play first 4 games away from home.

Everton Sainsts UTD Liverpool Watford look ok quick scan

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Re: Fixtures are out thread

Post by Archy »

With Liverpool having the best opening fixtures of the top teams:

West Ham (H)
Palace (a)
Brighton (H)

and the rest of the big 6 all having a fixture against each other over the same period, it's looking like 3 Liverpool inclduing Salah (c) will be a popular starting option -whatever price Salah comes in at!

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

Did Klopp rest returning international players at the start of the 2016/17 post the Euros?

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Yeah World Cup fatigue could play a big part, something to be aware of certainly. Arsenal have an absolutely horrific start, City at home and Chelsea away. Have a bit of that, Unai! City have a sensational-looking run after GW1 is out of the way: HUD, wol, NEW, FUL, car, BHA. A dream of a run. Sané will be nice and fresh, and Sterling too of course, after England's early exit. :wink:

It's weird that Spurs still have one game left to play at Wembley (Fulham in GW2). Also weird they have the exact same opening fixture as last season. Then United away in GW3. Worth avoiding Spurs early doors? Can the Kane August hoodoo hold?

Liverpool will be very useful for those going the early wildcard route (me included, most likely). Fulham too, with a pair of home games against Palace and Burnley, and also that game at Wembley in GW2, a ground where they did quite well the last time they played.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Looks like Newcastle will be rock bottom after 5 games.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Omg that city run

Problem will be picking regular starters

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

There was a short FFS podcast at lunchtime today over the fixtures. In case anyone is interested the main points made, which I jotted down for my own reference as I will inevitably forget in 2 months time
  • Man City and Liverpool have a good first six. So do Everton and Southampton.
  • Chelsea have the third best fixtures on their "fixture ticker" but are a bit of a "wait and see" given the uncertainty over Conte
  • Spurs have a tricky start but a better September
  • There isn't a noticeable fixture swing after week 4 for many popular teams (e.g. Burnley Palace Man City and Man U have favourable fixtures on both sides) ths might influence your strategy for the first wildcard ie you may choose not to automatically play it ahead of week 5
  • Arsenal could be a good early bet. Despite the fixtures. Lacazette Aubameyang Ramsey and Bellerin all have the summer off.
  • In general people under-estimate attacking players with some harder games early on. Arsenal have been involved in a 4-3 in GW1 two years in a row and were largely overlooked as a source of goals each time because it was a hard game (v Liverpool and v Leicester).
  • Pairs that could be good for early defensive rotation (not home and away pairs as such): Palace and Cardiff/Bournemouth. Leicester and Wolves
  • Teams with favourable Christmas periods (GW 18 to 21) West ham, Man u, Spurs, Chelsea

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”