To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Well, its not a fizzle out

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Well, its not a fizzle out

Post by Billy Bongo »

If Chelsea beat Hudds and Swans Saints draw then I think 7 of the last 10 games on Sunday have top 4 or survival resting on them.

So i think, might be wrong, Spurs Liverpool Chelsea would have something to play for against teams that don't.

Giroud gotta be a good punt for next week and Mane the only one that didn't look knackered. But Hazard was superb, can anyone afford him?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Re: Well, its not a fizzle out

Post by Billy Bongo »

So who hasn't got any of the Liverpool forwards?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

me now (after shedding Firmino and Salah for Ayew and Sanchez in GW37) .:roll:

The plan was to bring Salah back in... but I'm genuinely questioning whether i do or not (i daren't not... but he's looked a shadow of his previous dizzying heights of late).

I might even do it (swerve him) for some perverse real life trade off.
He goes bananas next Sunday, I will be celebrating and grateful for CL qualification (Liverpool ending up in the Europa will be catastrophic on two levels).

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Liverpool and Salah in particular look bushed, they really didn't want to be playing for top 4, the thin squad injuries and Klopps poor decisions have not helped.

But with a week off you'd hope they can rest enough to get fired up to beat Brighton who are now safe.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Maybe the Prem should commission a "Wenger Cup" :lol:

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Yep, Billy, thats my hope. A full week to recuperate and focus - should make light work Brighton (one would hope).
Although i thought the same for the game against Boro at the end of last season... and for a brief period, that was too close for comfort.

Out of interest, which decisions do you think have been poor?

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Zimmerman wrote:Yep, Billy, thats my hope. A full week to recuperate and focus - should make light work Brighton (one would hope).
Although i thought the same for the game against Boro at the end of last season... and for a brief period, that was too close for comfort.

He's only managed to draw against the bottom 2 clubs, Brom and Stoke, plus a poor draw v Everton, one more goal in those 3 games they'd be safe

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Even though Brighton are safe they may find it hard to drop their fighting mentalities and could keep it a close game

Liverpool have been awful in the league recently

Had planned Eriksen -> Salah for the last game but that looks like a luxury now I have Kenedy / Chilwell / Naughton / Arnautovic problems

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Billy Bongo wrote:Hazard was superb, can anyone afford him?

He's already in my team. Unfortunately being superb and accruing FPL points aren't always the same thing with him. But when he's in your team you can always hope. At least the Wednesday game matters to Chelsea now. Hopefully they can go to town on Huddersfield, who probably gave everything they had at City.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Billy Bongo wrote: 07 May 2018, 11:23
Zimmerman wrote:Yep, Billy, thats my hope. A full week to recuperate and focus - should make light work Brighton (one would hope).

He's only managed to draw against the bottom 2 clubs, Brom and Stoke, plus a poor draw v Everton, one more goal in those 3 games they'd be safe

Those are outcomes not decisions. We need a bit more to justify your poor decision statement.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Cant be bothered really, his team sheets are out there, he picked them, and he's now possibly in a last game scrap for top 4.

His only tactic is gegen, bit dodgy with a thin squad and long European campaign.

He never developed a plan b for use with ings Solanke and lallana to use when he needed it, instead just gung ho and score loads.

I throw it back at you, why is Klopp NOT to take any responsibility?

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

No point in trying to throw it back to me, I'm neutral. I was interested by your assertion that Klopp has been responsible for poor decision making, and had hoped that you'd enlighten me.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Ive thrown enough out there. Tbh im not slating him, top 4 in their own hands and cl final. But Klopp should have wrapped this up much sooner

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Anyway, this isn't about Klopps lack of pan B its about the season staying alive for fpl managers

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Hazard's been superb for a few weeks now, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be translating into FPL points for him.

Salah and Liverpool in general look absolutely knackered. I'm not sure I'll take him out at this point, but I'm not certain I'll be captaining Salah at the weekend any more.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Yes, there's now a huge call to be made by those of us who were planning to bring Salah in. He didn't even look a threat against Chelsea.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

I'm sure Salah is mindful of the fact he's only 8 points away from a 300-point FPL season. I expect a big score from him on Sunday.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 08 May 2018, 12:16 I'm sure Salah is mindful of the fact he's only 8 points away from a 300-point FPL season. I expect a big score from him on Sunday.

He owes it to his fellow countrymen. Around 500,000 Egyptians are playing FPL this season, (up from around 200,000 in 16/17), and the vast majority of them have Mo in their teams.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

eastcentral1 wrote: Yes, there's now a huge call to be made by those of us who were planning to bring Salah in. He didn't even look a threat against Chelsea.

Don't know about huge but it's a call to make anyway. Salah will be a popular captain but there are others with good prospects.

Left myself with a no-hit route to Salah but as things stand am more likely to do Vardy :arrow: Firmino with my FT. My problem will be more to avoid taking a hit; Morgan :arrow: Robertson will be pretty tempting to be honest. Might even keep Vardy and do the defender transfer.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 08 May 2018, 13:37
eastcentral1 wrote: Yes, there's now a huge call to be made by those of us who were planning to bring Salah in. He didn't even look a threat against Chelsea.

Don't know about huge but it's a call to make anyway. Salah will be a popular captain but there are others with good prospects.

Left myself with a no-hit route to Salah but as things stand am more likely to do Vardy :arrow: Firmino with my FT. My problem will be more to avoid taking a hit; Morgan :arrow: Robertson will be pretty tempting to be honest. Might even keep Vardy and do the defender transfer.
Who would you captain in that case? I’m tempted to do something similar (I.e. retain Hazard not Salah) but captaincy options are all a bit of an unknown

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Carnival atmos at Palace now, can see Brom on a downer, Zaha captain option for sure

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Smurphy's Paw wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:Left myself with a no-hit route to Salah but as things stand am more likely to do Vardy :arrow: Firmino with my FT. My problem will be more to avoid taking a hit; Morgan :arrow: Robertson will be pretty tempting to be honest. Might even keep Vardy and do the defender transfer.
Who would you captain in that case? I’m tempted to do something similar (I.e. retain Hazard not Salah) but captaincy options are all a bit of an unknown.

Depends on how things look after tomorrow really. Kane maybe, Hazard possibly, both have good fixtures against teams with little to play for. Firmino scored a couple against Brighton earlier in the season so he could be an option, as could VVD. It also depends on the situation in my main ML, partly my choice will be driven by that.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

So it looks like it was a fizzle out after all.

Liverpool only need a draw at home to Brighton, and Swansea need to smash Stoke for anything meaningful to change.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Liverpool will play for a result, they are st home and will go all out for goals and sub players 3 or 4 up

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Liverpool will go all out to score as many as possible

So will Spurs, they want second

Pep has said he wants the records

Chelsea have to go all out

Swansea have to try and acore goals

Plenty of juicy picks

Of the rest, well traditionally the home teams are in party atmosphere they can either mentally wind down or go mental

Personally I'm backing Palace defenders

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

They all have to make those sounds a) for the fans b) to pretend to the players that they’re on it

The players might even be self motivated to do those things... but the mind is one powerful tool and if you know you’re safe, you know.

If you’re running for a train you might get tired.
If you’re running from a tiger you might just find a little more capacity in those lungs

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Spurs can score as many goals as they like, they aren't going to get second.
And if Conte is a realist, he'll rest players for the Cup Final.

I agree that City will go full strength or very close to full strength because they'll want the 100pts.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Maldini wrote:Spurs can score as many goals as they like, they aren't going to get second.
And if Conte is a realist, he'll rest players for the Cup Final.

I agree that City will go full strength or very close to full strength because they'll want the 100pts.
Thats not the point, they can come third and thats a big thing im sure

Pretty sure its 10m for every prem place as well, at least 8 teams where that matters surely, its an extra player

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

£10m is about 2% of Spurs income for the season (ignoring transfer spending).

No way will that be a motivational factor for players. Do we really think they have an eye on that?

Even if Levy came in to to dressing room and begged them to try extra hard, it’s not going to be a motivational factor.

If he comes in and says you get to share £5m of it between you... then maybe that might twist their arms!

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Its not just players, its the managers who have to decide who to rotate. Private owners of clubs don't just write off 10m so the manager can indulge himself

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”