To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

I have been told Burnley is a great defence and Liverpool is a leaky defence

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Finisher1
Dumbledore

I have been told Burnley is a great defence and Liverpool is a leaky defence

Post by Finisher1 »

Yet Liverpool have conceded just one goal more.

Perhaps everyone can now admit that Liverpool defence's leakiness has been massively exaggerated throughout this season.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: I have been told Burnley is a great defence and Liverpool is a leaky defence

Post by Tacalabala »

I think everyone has praised LFC since Virgil joined

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: I have been told Burnley is a great defence and Liverpool is a leaky defence

Post by Zimmerman »

9/23 before he arrived
7/14 since he arrived (although he didn’t play in one of them).

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

All Liverpool had to do to get a defence almost as good as Burnley's was buy the world's most expensive defender :lol:

And wait for Burnley to throw in an on the beach performance away at a top six side.
Last edited by Tall Paul on 06 May 2018, 19:12, edited 1 time in total.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Zimmerman wrote: 06 May 2018, 19:05 Clean sheets:

10/24 when he has not played
6/13 when he has played
Fixed it for you.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Tall Paul wrote: 06 May 2018, 19:09 And wait for Burnley to throw in an on the beach performance away at a top six side.
I thought we agreed this was a massively important match for Burnley? They were fighting for top six place and direct Europa League group stage berth, for eff's sake! That was a massive match, why were they on the beach? Poor team and poor management, if that is true.

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

Or that Burnley's defence isn't that great either, at least in an absolute sense? I mean they have a negative goal difference now and have only kept 2 clean sheets in their last 16 games.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Finisher1 wrote: 06 May 2018, 19:13
Tall Paul wrote: 06 May 2018, 19:09 And wait for Burnley to throw in an on the beach performance away at a top six side.
I thought we agreed this was a massively important match for Burnley? They were fighting for top six place and direct Europa League group stage berth, for eff's sake! That was a massive match, why were they on the beach? Poor team and poor management, if that is true.
Who agreed?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Tall Paul wrote: 06 May 2018, 19:15
Who agreed?
I thought me and you were agreeing some days ago. Or do you disagree now? Are you now suggesting this was a totally irrelevant match for Burnley?

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Finisher1 wrote: 06 May 2018, 19:16
Tall Paul wrote: 06 May 2018, 19:15
Who agreed?
I thought me and you were agreeing some days ago. Or do you disagree now? Are you now suggesting this was a totally irrelevant match for Burnley?
You thought wrong.

The chances of us catching Arsenal before this game were so small that it was basically irrelevant.

I can forgive the team a rare off day after the season we've had.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Finisher1 wrote:
When I suggested that "strictly speaking" Burnley could have still had 6th place to play for, liquid (and maybe TP) kindly replied that probably that goal wouldn't have been in their minds.

Basically, English teams scoff at such subtleties;)

So what looks like a massive match with a huge goal at stake to fight for TO YOU, there in England NOBODY CARES about.... :?

PS: "we agreed".... curious, did you actually "agree" with TP, by posting it black on white in this forum?

Or "we agreed" in the sense that you thought it was important, and "you agreed" with yourself that everyone else must have been thinking the same way you did?
;) :P

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Tall Paul wrote: 06 May 2018, 19:20 You thought wrong.

The chances of us catching Arsenal before this game were so small that it was basically irrelevant.

I'm sorry but I think that is a poor management. Just one match to go after tonight, so this is really not a time to give a day off, especially not when you are fighting for a direct Europa League group stage berth!

Truth to be told - I haven't seen the match today but I wouldn't think they were on the beach today, it's just not typical Burnley to give up. I think it's much more likely they just played a poor match. It's understandable, Arsenal is a great team and have much bigger resources than Burnley.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

MoSe wrote: 06 May 2018, 19:24
Finisher1 wrote:
When I suggested that "strictly speaking" Burnley could have still had 6th place to play for, liquid (and maybe TP) kindly replied that probably that goal wouldn't have been in their minds.

Basically, English teams scoff at such subtleties;)

So what looks like a massive match with a huge goal at stake to fight for TO YOU, there in England NOBODY CARES about.... :?

PS: "we agreed".... curious, did you actually "agree" with TP, by posting it black on white in this forum?

Or "we agreed" in the sense that you thought it was important, and "you agreed" with yourself that everyone else must have been thinking the same way you did?
;) :P
mose

i'm not gonna answer to your posts anymore

because it just always leads into stupid bickering WITH YOU and you speak like an engineer

and it leads to YOU asking questions whether we had actually a SIGNED agreement that we AGREED
or was the agreement just a conclusion from what we had talk

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Finisher1 wrote: 06 May 2018, 19:26

I'm sorry but I think that is a poor management. Just one match to go after tonight, so this is really not a time to give a day off, especially not when you are fighting for a direct Europa League group stage berth!

Truth to be told - I haven't seen the match today but I wouldn't think they were on the beach today, it's just not typical Burnley to give up. I think it's much more likely they just played a poor match. It's understandable, Arsenal is a great team and have much bigger resources than Burnley.
I'm pretty sure nobody was given a day off, but psychologically it's job done this season so the players didn't play with the same intensity. They've looked a little off the pace since going 2-0 up against Leicester a couple of weeks ago. It being Wenger's big day didn't do us any favours either and along with Barnes' injury early in the game we were up against it from the start. Arsenal were excellent as well.

As I said, pretty hard to criticise any of them after the season we've had.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Tall Paul wrote: 06 May 2018, 19:32
Finisher1 wrote: 06 May 2018, 19:26

I'm pretty sure nobody was given a day off, but psychologically it's job done this season so the players didn't play with the same intensity. They've looked a little off the pace since going 2-0 up against Leicester a couple of weeks ago. It being Wenger's big day didn't do us any favours either and along with Barnes' injury early in the game we were up against it from the start. Arsenal were excellent as well.

As I said, pretty hard to criticise any of them after the season we've had.
Yeah, but I just think you can't use that as an excuse. All goals count really.

Liverpool have had their own off days for whatever reasons, and we are not going to write off those conceded goals either. All goals count.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Not sure Arsenal are absolutely better than Burnley in all departments. Pickford would walk into the Arsenal XI for a start.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Tacalabala wrote: 06 May 2018, 19:34 Not sure Arsenal are absolutely better than Burnley in all departments. Pickford would walk into the Arsenal XI for a start.
He plays for Everton though :P

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Tall Paul wrote: 06 May 2018, 19:37
Tacalabala wrote: 06 May 2018, 19:34 Not sure Arsenal are absolutely better than Burnley in all departments. Pickford would walk into the Arsenal XI for a start.
He plays for Everton though :P
:lol: :lol: It's been a long season :lol:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Finisher1 wrote: 06 May 2018, 19:30 and it leads to YOU asking questions whether we had actually a SIGNED agreement that we AGREED
or was the agreement just a conclusion from what we had talk
I sorta x-posted with TP, who seemed to confirm above that the "agreement" was all in your mind :P (as I suspected)

The questions I ask are often to *question* what you say and claim indeed. Because it often sounds a bit questionable.
All done friendly of course.

If you can't deal with your questionable claims being questioned, I'll stop and keep just raising a brow with myself when I'll read your questionable claims.
:D
It will probably be better for myself too, it's not that I gain anything from it

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Bunrley’s stats have been garbage all season, the fact they’ve kept 2/16 clean sheets recently is simply a correction of what happened in the first half of the season.

The bet I had with Tall Paul and the other fella is basically done and dusted. It seems a long time since Liverpool conceded 3 quick goals to Arsenal soon after we made the bet and it was met with certain celebratory comments! Once confirmed this time next week, I’ll be happy to double down on Burnley getting relegated next season at whatever the average odds are available. Are you up for that TP?

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Valeron wrote: 06 May 2018, 20:43 Bunrley’s stats have been garbage all season, the fact they’ve kept 2/16 clean sheets recently is simply a correction of what happened in the first half of the season.
Out of interest did you bring in Tarkowski for Smalling as you suggested you would on page 3 of this weeks transfer thread?

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Valeron wrote: 06 May 2018, 20:43 Bunrley’s stats have been garbage all season, the fact they’ve kept 2/16 clean sheets recently is simply a correction of what happened in the first half of the season.

The bet I had with Tall Paul and the other fella is basically done and dusted. It seems a long time since Liverpool conceded 3 quick goals to Arsenal soon after we made the bet and it was met with certain celebratory comments! Once confirmed this time next week, I’ll be happy to double down on Burnley getting relegated next season at whatever the average odds are available. Are you up for that TP?
Yes, I'm happy to back Burnley to stay up next season. You want to bet the tenner I owe you at preseason market odds?

It's telling that it took until one game before the end of the season and Liverpool to break the world transfer record for a defender before something that had a 10% chance of happening was no longer possible though.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

Not really, Liverpool have been in the driver’s seat there for the last few weeks. I just prefer to keep my mouth shut until it’s over. It’s over at this point.

It’s not so much about any improvement VVD has brought, its more about how it was inevitable there had to be a correction in Burnley’s goals against as per the xG stats during their run of early season clean sheets.

Yes please, I’ll have the tenner on Burnley relegated at average pre-season odds, good man.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Valeron wrote: 06 May 2018, 21:02 Not really, Liverpool have been in the driver’s seat there for the last few weeks. I just prefer to keep my mouth shut until it’s over. It’s over at this point.

It’s not so much about any improvement VVD has brought, its more about how it was inevitable there had to be a correction in Burnley’s goals against as per the xG stats during their run of early season clean sheets.

Yes please, I’ll have the tenner on Burnley relegated at average pre-season odds, good man.
Booked, although I reserve the right to cancel if we lose Dyche over the summer.

Until today there hasn't really been a correction in goals against, when the bet was made, we were about 9 goals below xGA and we're now about 14 below (before today it was 16 below).

Obviously Liverpool have been in the driving seat, that's why you gave me 7/1.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

It was 25 degrees and a Wenger party, just a bad day at the office and remember we have some key injuries, Heaton Brady Mee Wood Defour, they just looked worn out.

Lacazette and Aubameyang looked fresh and clearly trying to prove themselves.

I feel most for Pope, that can't have helped v Butland and Pickface. Mee is back on grass and they'll get to play in East Lancs next week, fans perfomance and batter Bournemouth

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”