To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DGW37 - The how many doublers do you have poll

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Double vision

Poll ended at 05 May 2018, 21:37

21%
11%
14%
9%
21%
13%
9%
1%
1%
No votes
5 or less
No votes

Total votes: 87

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Re: DGW37 - The how many doublers do you have poll

Post by No Way Jose »

math! wrote: 08 May 2018, 02:49 Earlier in the season I questioned the logic in tearing up your team or including lesser players in preparation for a double. I still think they deserve attention but quality players who have a single shouldn't be discarded for low scoring alternatives with a double.
This

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

math! wrote: 08 May 2018, 02:49 Earlier in the season I questioned the logic in tearing up your team or including lesser players in preparation for a double. I still think they deserve attention but quality players who have a single shouldn't be discarded for low scoring alternatives with a double.

Absolutely no doubt that this is useful advice, but it isn't immediately obvious which SGW players it applies to for the current GW37, even with hindsight. Given the scores (so far), Zaha's assist is a boon for those who kept him in (perhaps with an eye on GW38). Any more?

In my case, I used my WC in GW32 to select what looked like a useful squad with DGW37 fixtures (among other things) in mind. In retrospect, the problem was that this was too early to take account of which teams would have stopped playing by GW37, or that some teams would suddenly start again! I think not many saw the Arsenal - Burnley score coming?

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

It’s easy to say that at this point as the DGW players have mostly flopped in DGW34 too. There have been other seasons where if you didn’t load up on DGW players you got slaughtered.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Valeron wrote: 08 May 2018, 08:09 It’s easy to say that at this point as the DGW players have mostly flopped in DGW34 too. There have been other seasons where if you didn’t load up on DGW players you got slaughtered.

Still, easy or otherwise, I think math! has a point. I treated DGW37 and GW38 as a set of paired fixtures and so went into the DGW with Pope, Tarko, Mili, Hennessey and Salah in my squad, Pope and Salah in my XI. What I was thinking in my post (above) was that although I agree with math!'s point, the current GW isn't perhaps a very good exemplar.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Mr Clarinet wrote: 08 May 2018, 07:58
Absolutely no doubt that this is useful advice,

but it isn't immediately obvious which SGW players it applies to for the current GW37, even with hindsight.
Given the scores (so far), Zaha's assist is a boon for those who kept him in (perhaps with an eye on GW38). Any more?
of course the "Round Score" list could help with the search, although I understand yoiu were asking for opinions, not data.
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/sta ... ent_points

math!'s advice is surely useful and he has a point.
Indeed should we search in last season DGW topics, and the season before, given that the fixture structure wasn't the same, we'd find the same wise advice posted again and again

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

MoSe wrote: 08 May 2018, 08:53
Mr Clarinet wrote: 08 May 2018, 07:58
Absolutely no doubt that this is useful advice,

but it isn't immediately obvious which SGW players it applies to for the current GW37, even with hindsight.
Given the scores (so far), Zaha's assist is a boon for those who kept him in (perhaps with an eye on GW38). Any more?
of course the "Round Score" list could help with the search, although I understand yoiu were asking for opinions, not data.
https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/sta ... ent_points

math!'s advice is surely useful and he has a point.
Indeed should we search in last season DGW topics, and the season before, given that the fixture structure wasn't the same, we'd find the same wise advice posted again and again

Yes, you are right, and "Round Score" brings up PVA as a quality player with a single match who scored well; but it looks to me like most of the other single match players with big (ish) point scores were not the usual suspects (i.e., they were mostly low-ownership players), hence my point about this GW maybe not being a great example of the principle of keeping your quality single-match players in a DGW. We all end up in difficulty when it's the wrong players that perform! Still, we are only half-way through the GW, so even if it were possible to learn from one week, we still do not know what we will learn. But even if Kane & Co decide now to turn it on, math!'s point is not invalidated (I think we agree on that).

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

On paper the late wildcard had real advantages. The chance to craft a team for the final three or four weeks*, so that rotation and uncertainties could be factored in. So far BB teams are outperforming other structures this week (FPL discovery puts them about 10 points ahead) in part due to all the triple captains blanking. So it’s half way through the game week and being 10 points or so ahead is fair enough. It is just underwhelming for everyone because the extent to which the top clubs underperformed so far this week was unexpected (no, not all, but few of the most transferred in players have rewarded their owners).

Anyway, my learning so far from the last few weeks is that the Free Hit in GW34 not GW35 was suboptimal. In both weeks I had a reasonable ranking across the whole game, but against the teams around me I underperformed and had a red arrow.
I’ll not write off the late wildcard yet, or the late bench boost. I’d be less nervous about TCers had I captained Kane not Jesus, which is easy to realise in hindsight and might still work out. Probably better to return to this in a few days, these are only current mid-GW feelings.

* Treating game weeks where a wildcard is used as part of a wider arc rather than single isolated events to focus on is one conclusion I have also drawn though and concur with math! and others about that

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Well, I've gone from 14 doublers down to 10 fairly swiftly with Yoshida, Silva, Naughton, and probably Arnautovic only playing one game. I guess plenty of us here have fewer players than we hoped to?

Looking back, I think the FH34 was absolutely the right call for my squad, which was already well positioned for GW35 (on paper at least, complete with Ozil and Aubameyang). I think the answer to any question worthy of discussion is always: it depends. I haven't done any sums, but as a WC36er, I can't help shake the feeling that I haven't maximised the value of the WC by playing it so late on. Something to consider for next season perhaps.

Fortune certainly hasn't smiled on my chips this season. The TC gave me one extra point, the FH around 4 extra points, and this BB has been a bit of a disaster so far too.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

So, Lowton sgw apart, who played and got 0, I had Valencia Sterling & Matic missing 1 game, Chilwell missing both.
23 scores out of possible 14*2=28 (not counting the Cap doubling)

My BB reads 10 0 0 2 = 12p :roll:
I had planned for BB34, then Stephens banned and Gudmun coming just back from knock made me change mind and go with Lukaku TC (+8p).
My spurned BB would have scored 9 8 13 0 = 30p, even with a DNP (I could've taken a hit, and picked a cheap def in place of Stephens, who could get more than the -4p...).
In DGW37 I'd have then TCd Kane who yielded +8p as Luk did in 34...

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

9 doublers planned; turned out to be 6 in the end with scores of 10, 8 (TC), 4, 4, 3 and whatever Smalling ends up with.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Too many of the useless shower of gnats' piss!!!

I type DGW's are 5hite, then.......

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”