To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW 37 - Which captain? Vote inside..

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who are you going to triple captain in GW37?

Poll ended at 04 May 2018, 03:09

Kane
55%
Jesus
16%
De Bruyne
2%
Hazard
No votes
Sterling
24%
Alli
No votes
Sane
No votes
Aubameyang
1%
Eriksen
2%
Sanchez
No votes
Son
No votes
Alli
No votes
Alonso
No votes
David Silva
No votes
Kompany
No votes
Lukaku
No votes
Vertonghen
No votes
Ederson
No votes
Vardy
No votes
Mahrez
No votes
Pogba
No votes

Total votes: 100

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: GW 37 - Which captain? Vote inside..

Post by Stemania »

Kane (TC), Sterling/Jesus (VTC) here.

I'm pretty sure Kane will start both, and I can't quite say that about the City guys with enough confidence to TC.

andybarrell
Dumbledore
FS Record: 2013 Licence to Kill Winner
2019 S15 R2 Championship Winner
2020 FISO H2H League 1 Winner
2020 5aSide Champions (Falcons)

Post by andybarrell »

damn and blast

OldSkoolFPL
Red & Blue Braces

Post by OldSkoolFPL »

Think I'm going Kane now, whenever people turn their back on him because he doesn't look unstoppable he comes back with a bang.

Did it this year with his B2B hatricks and remember him doing it last year after B2B captain blanks against Burnley and Hull.

He's 4 goals behind Salah, expect him to close that gap this week to set up an explosive finish to the season, he don't look great but I've made that mistake with him before, he's too good to stay this way.

Not only that, I imagine he'll be TC'd the most in the game, get on the wrong side of that and it could kill any chance of a good week, don't think it's worth the risk when any points from City mids will help the rank anyway as they aren't at Salah level of ownership.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Should there be a difference in choice between a captain and triple captain?

Ideally, maybe not, but the chip brings out a different reaction depending on the player and his position. I'm inclined to captain a Man City player but if it was a TC, I might have gone for Kane. Dunno why tbh, maybe it's the fear of wasting the chip which would make me go for the two assured Kane starts.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

I’m so torn between Kane, Jesus and Sterling.

City are playing incredible i really feel that’s where the large points will come from but also where the risk is.

Kane will obviously start both and can easily get a hail chasing the golden boot. He’s definitely the safe option.

Jesus hasn’t taken every pen but played v well last game and is cities only striker so should start both games but possible he’s rested and sterling used as a false 9.

Sterling smashing it lately but played almost every game for a while now and could be rested in one of them. Sane rested a couple of weeks ago and I’m sure Pep will play B Silva in one of those games, its just a question of if he drops Jesus and plays Sane Sterling B Silva or just does a like for like for sterling.

FGS.

iamkiko
Wideboy

Post by iamkiko »

TC'ing Sterling as he is on fire. No two ways about it, leaving my cognitive biases at the door.

WBA and NEW aren't pushovers. WBA will play for a result and NEW are tight at the back with Rafa's organization. Kane has looked lacklustre since his injury.

Jesus and Sterling seem to get a similar amount of games and Sterling passes the eye test with flying colours. Add more points for goals and CS points and I am convinced.

slyger
FISOhead

Post by slyger »

I'm keep flip flopping between TC Kane and Jesus/Silva. My league leader (40pt lead) has Sterling and Kane and is likely to captain one of those two so i'm leaning on Jesus but i'm worried about him starting both. Same with Silva. What do you guys think?

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

slyger wrote: 04 May 2018, 14:24 I'm keep flip flopping between TC Kane and Jesus/Silva. My league leader (40pt lead) has Sterling and Kane and is likely to captain one of those two so i'm leaning on Jesus but i'm worried about him starting both. Same with Silva. What do you guys think?
Silva was rested last week, Yaya Toure confirmed retirement today and Pep said the Brighton game is for him so he will probably start that game. I think Silva is likely to start both games but there’s Toure in play now to take up one of those CM spots so still a risk. The only way Jesus doesn’t start both is if he plays sterling as a false 9 in one of the games but I do feel he will play B Silva in one of the games. Sterling’s played so much and Jesus was pushed out by Aguero when he was fit so he’s less likely to need resting. I think it’s more likely Sterling gets dropped than Jesus but burn sterling in form of his life rn. He’s getting double points and missing chance after chance 🤷🏻‍♂️

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

I was going for Jesus, but "involving all our players" might involve Jesus not playing (false 9, Yaya starting up front and being given the ball all the time, whoever the hell Nmecha is...). That spins me back to Kane for safety, with a 1 point lead over my ML 2nd place, and 2 points over 3rd place!

xJosh-
FISOhead

Post by xJosh- »

I’ve been planning to TC Kane for weeks but with cities form I’m desperate to take the punt and I’m 60 odd points behind first in my league who doesn’t even own Kane to my knowledge. I’m trying to break it down in my head like Kane will play roughly 180 mins and is likely to get something like 3 goals or 2 and an assist over the 2 games. Sterling is likely to get the same in 1 of those games atm and even if he comes on for 30 mins in the 2nd then could easily score or assist in that time. Final game of the season being an away game Sterling and Sane vital for that.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Is this broken? - can't see options to vote :?

No Kane so Sterling for me.

Only chance of catching up in my mini-league where the 2 ahead of me will probably go for Kane and I'm 40ish points behind. Need a massive amount of luck.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

I'm playing Kane and Jesus captain roulette..

SteveieB123
Red & Blue Braces

Post by SteveieB123 »

Flip flop Sterling Jesus to infinity and beyond!! (Or 7pm, which ever comes first!)

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

I'm captaining Kane, based on who will annoy me more if he plays a blinder and I haven't captained him.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Jesus. Form and fixtures. More likely than Sterling to play both.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

OldSkoolFPL wrote: 03 May 2018, 14:10 Think I'm going Kane now, whenever people turn their back on him because he doesn't look unstoppable he comes back with a bang.

Did it this year with his B2B hatricks and remember him doing it last year after B2B captain blanks against Burnley and Hull.

He's 4 goals behind Salah, expect him to close that gap this week to set up an explosive finish to the season, he don't look great but I've made that mistake with him before, he's too good to stay this way.

Not only that, I imagine he'll be TC'd the most in the game, get on the wrong side of that and it could kill any chance of a good week, don't think it's worth the risk when any points from City mids will help the rank anyway as they aren't at Salah level of ownership.
I suspect you’re right.
In the last half hour I’ve flipped the captaincy between all three of the main protagonists and it’s currently on Sterling.
The defensive move, to win both of my two closest leagues is also to play Kane.
The attacking move to aim for a Top 1k Overall Ranking is to go with a City player. The club is predicted to score double and assist double that of Spurs this game week.
All three moves are defendable I guess, but with City it’s also hard to know which to pick.

Anyone got a good reason why I should take the armband off Sterling?

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Too much uncertainty surrounding City, so I’m going to play it safe and stick with Kane.

Even an out of form Kane can score, whereas if Sterling or Jesus don’t start one of the games I’ll kick myself.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Tossed a coin twice. Jesus is with me, dear brothers and sisters!

dellboy30
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO TFFE league champ

Post by dellboy30 »

Pure lottery, even considered auba, arnie. Not picking a city player seems madness. So I watched highlights of Spurs last 2 weeks 16/17 and went with Kane lol

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Didn't have Jesus so went with Sterling(c). Solved the indecision mostly by my situation in leagues and OR rather than predicting points because, well, I couldn't predict who'll get the most points :lol:

Kinda glad I semi-wasted my TC on Alli in GW 22. Would've probably put it on Kane if I had it.

FingerPass
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Pick Quick Champion 13/14 & 15/16, 5AS Europa League Champion (1. FC Köln) 17/18, 5AS H2H Champion (1. FC Köln) 18/19

Post by FingerPass »

Like a lot of people, I've been flip flopping between Sterling and Kane so I decided to read some threads on here to help me decide but it only made it worse and the flip flopping intensified with each post I read.

I also forgot to keep an eye on the time and now it says the game is updating and I have no idea who it finally landed on. :lol:

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

FingerPass wrote: 04 May 2018, 19:10 Like a lot of people, I've been flip flopping between Sterling and Kane so I decided to read some threads on here to help me decide but it only made it worse and the flip flopping intensified with each post I read.

I also forgot to keep an eye on the time and now it says the game is updating and I have no idea who it finally landed on. :lol:
Who did you want it to be?

FingerPass
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Pick Quick Champion 13/14 & 15/16, 5AS Europa League Champion (1. FC Köln) 17/18, 5AS H2H Champion (1. FC Köln) 18/19

Post by FingerPass »

RomynPG wrote: 04 May 2018, 19:15
FingerPass wrote: 04 May 2018, 19:10 Like a lot of people, I've been flip flopping between Sterling and Kane so I decided to read some threads on here to help me decide but it only made it worse and the flip flopping intensified with each post I read.

Who did you want it to be?
lol that's the problem... I couldn't decide!! So I guess its quite fitting for it to be left up to fate which one gets the little C next to their name. :P

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

I landed on Kane, may Jeebus bless me!

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

RomynPG wrote: 04 May 2018, 18:45 Is this broken? - can't see options to vote :?
... or do polls stop at 100 votes - or is that just a coincidence?

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

SunderlandFan wrote: 04 May 2018, 19:27 I landed on Kane, may Jeebus bless me!
Err I mean may Jeebus score less than Kane :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

GW37 Top 10k Captaincy & EO

Captains

Kane 56%
Jesus 24%
Sterling 15%
No others above 2%.

EO

DDG 62%
Smalling 52%
Sterling 103%
Salah 50%
Son 38%
Kane 171%
Jesus 116%
Vardy 30%
No others above 30%.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Ended up going with Jesus as the 2 above me in my ML don't own him

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Went with Sterling TC, they get the trophy this weekend at home and could be exhibition stuff. I’ll take my chances with the second game.

Watched Kane on Monday, just doesn’t seem in form to me, famous last words.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Went with Kane in the end. Pep's comments, and bigger around with a Yaya send off, just tipped me away from Jesus / Sterling.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”