To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Multi-Teaming Cheating Scumbag

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
jazzyb69
FISOhead
FS Record: Best ever season 2009/10 = 2,432 points 1,385th. Best ever week total = 188 (2016/17 season)

Multi-Teaming Cheating Scumbag

Post by jazzyb69 »

I clicked on the team that's scored the most this week (107) and noticed this league he has set up where there are 584 (YES, 584!!!) teams that must all be the same person and they were all created in GW35 :-

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/a/lea ... 09/classic

I do hope they enjoy the following prizes :-

Copy of FIFA18
Nike Ordem V match ball
FPL rucksack
FPL mug

oh, and not forgetting that they'll probably scoop the 20 prizes for their teams finishing in the top 20 this week :-
20 FPL T-shirts
20 stress balls
20 pens
20 pads
20 key rings

LOL
Last edited by jazzyb69 on 23 Apr 2018, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Multi-Teaming Cheating Scumbags

Post by murf »

How do you know they are all the same person?

Mo Salah, for example, has only 1 team. Although the top guy does have 6.....

(OK, I admit it, I only checked page 1!)

jazzyb69
FISOhead
FS Record: Best ever season 2009/10 = 2,432 points 1,385th. Best ever week total = 188 (2016/17 season)

Post by jazzyb69 »

Yeah. I wasn't really looking at the names. I just assumed that as there was so many teams all set up in the same week, it must surely only be one person doing it. He's probably written some kind of coding script to do it coz I can't see him wasting time entering all those teams manually.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

tshirts.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jazzyb69
FISOhead

Post by jazzyb69 »

So if he does this on 13 game weeks, he'll have enough t-shirts to try and break this record and if he doesn't break the record, he can use the stress balls. It all makes sense now.

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

jazzyb69 wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 15:11 Yeah. I wasn't really looking at the names. I just assumed that as there was so many teams all set up in the same week, it must surely only be one person doing it. He's probably written some kind of coding script to do it coz I can't see him wasting time entering all those teams manually.
If it's scripting FPL Towers need to do more to prevent that. There have been many GWs this season where new teams top the GW score table - which makes sense anyway - but it's pretty clear there are people/groups of people who create new teams every week for whatever reason. It's the same as those teams that chase value or those trying to finish on 0 overall points etc - I can't believe any of them are single team entrants.... or maybe they are .... weirdos :)

Maybe FPL should have a weekly pick game that runs parallel to the main game - "Free Hit Heaven" - separate team, 100m each week, no other chips.

jazzyb69
FISOhead

Re: Multi-Teaming Cheating Scumbag

Post by jazzyb69 »

I have just dropped them an email to see what they say.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

jazzyb69 wrote: I clicked on the team that's scored the most this week (107) and noticed this league he has set up where there are 584 (YES, 584!!!) teams that must all be the same person and they were all created in GW35...

Most likely it is a cash league based in N Africa or the Mid-East. Basically they will be doing a Daily Fantasy type thing and betting on it, highest GW score wins. That kind of thing is pretty popular in those parts and the stakes can be pretty high. More likely that than it being one person and I doubt they care much about the (pathetic) weekly prizes.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

hhhmmmm..... why 584?

I mean, 500 or 600 would make sense

but if 584, why not 437 or 621?

jazzyb69
FISOhead

Post by jazzyb69 »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 16:01
jazzyb69 wrote: I clicked on the team that's scored the most this week (107) and noticed this league he has set up where there are 584 (YES, 584!!!) teams that must all be the same person and they were all created in GW35...

Most likely it is a cash league based in N Africa or the Mid-East. Basically they will be doing a Daily Fantasy type thing and betting on it, highest GW score wins. That kind of thing is pretty popular in those parts and the stakes can be pretty high. More likely that than it being one person and I doubt they care much about the (pathetic) weekly prizes.

I would normally agree with you but after looking at a few of the teams and seeing that there's just one or two players difference in each one and I haven't seen any exactly the same yet, it seems to me like they were trying to cover most of the permutations for that Gameweek. Also, some of the team and manager names seem very suspect, almost like they've been randomly generated.

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 16:01 Most likely it is a cash league based in N Africa or the Mid-East. Basically they will be doing a Daily Fantasy type thing and betting on it, highest GW score wins. That kind of thing is pretty popular in those parts and the stakes can be pretty high. More likely that than it being one person and I doubt they care much about the (pathetic) weekly prizes.
I now remember you mentioning that before ... makes sense... and more reason to have a parallel Weekly game that caters to it. I suspect it would be more popular than Draft.

I thought about a sidegame here along those lines but the setup/admin would be a bit more than I'd want to take on ... at the the moment anyway.

umistboy
Treebeard

Post by umistboy »

If that is the list of prizes won in the OP then I'm surprised anybody cares.

I didn't know there even was prizes in all honesty.

jazzyb69
FISOhead

Post by jazzyb69 »

umistboy wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 16:20 If that is the list of prizes won in the OP then I'm surprised anybody cares.

I didn't know there even was prizes in all honesty.

Yeah, I'm not sure that the prizes are the incentive behind it to be honest and only really mentioned those as a joke.

I'm also not bothered about the prizes as it's all about the fun of the game and the competition with fellow FISOers, work colleagues, friends and family.

However, someone, somewhere is going to miss out on a weekly prize because of this and maybe I'm reading too much in to it but something seems very fishy to me.

Yard of Grass
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 32nd TFF 2014-15 (Single entrant)

Post by Yard of Grass »

Apologies if this is cross games but still think relevant to the discussion.

This is the sort of competition those of us who enter single teams in the Daily Telegraph are up against every season!!! Still doesn't make it right though. The DT run a free league which I think is for those who haven't bought gazillions of teams to manage which at least recognises single teams and not the multi entrants. As the multis pay for additional entries I expect there is little value for the DT in stopping them.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

the FPL fantasy PL show has kudos and prize for weekly manager, they make much fuss and often say things like, the team was only created this week so a very clever player new to the game lol I remember at the start of the season i looked at the Liverpool list and so many team names looked linked, i suppose with plenty of time between opening the game and game starting multiple teams could be created and as the season goes by keep only the best performing of those and drop the underperforming ones, i wonder what the number of new team entries created is every week?

redcat1
Grumpy Old Man

Post by redcat1 »

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

3 years ago in my first season i got a gw rank 7 and got nothing

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

So what's the difference between being a Multi-Teaming Cheating Scumbag and running another team using quote my friend's account unquote?
And is either really such a big deal?

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

Sent to FPL towers -

Subject
Cheats winning weekly prizes
http://www.planetfootball.com/in-depth/ ... y/#new_tab

Please advise what action you have taken to block cheats from winning prizes. In the case highlighted above, an Egyptian in GW35.

Please do not reply with ineffective platitudes. If you have not yet taken any action, or if the person reading this is not empowered to act, please pass to an empowered manager and advise me when and what you have done.

Thank you

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Yard of Grass wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 17:13 Apologies if this is cross games but still think relevant to the discussion.

This is the sort of competition those of us who enter single teams in the Daily Telegraph are up against every season!!! Still doesn't make it right though. The DT run a free league which I think is for those who haven't bought gazillions of teams to manage which at least recognises single teams and not the multi entrants. As the multis pay for additional entries I expect there is little value for the DT in stopping them.
in the telegraph you are allowed to purchase as many as you wish....

there is a difference between doing this under a single name and using wives, girlfriends, dogs, fake email accounts etc...

as someone who enters ca 25 teams in telegraph i get slightly frustrated by others reaching 3 figures - but they are not cheating... and i acknowledge single entrants may view me as the devil incarnate with 25

as many on here enter competitions where teams are restricted - sun and sky - in their partners names and deem it ok - it does raise a smile when people who cheat a bit better / more obviously are vilified - see sun dream team top 50 discussions and sky from this and previous years

for the record I've never entered fpl... seems like a lot of hassle for bigger all reward

jazzyb69
FISOhead

Post by jazzyb69 »

Mr Clarinet wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 10:57 So what's the difference between being a Multi-Teaming Cheating Scumbag and running another team using quote my friend's account unquote?

Assuming that he's only done it for GW35, I'd say approximately 582 teams :D

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

In an ideal world a player playing normally and having a cracking week deserves to be in contention for MOTW but, even without cheating, that won't happen in TFF (5 transfers and new, targetted teams) or FPL (chip use).

In FPL maybe a dedicated stand alone comp (new teams, adjusted budget, no chips????) is the answer.

There is certainly an appetite for daily/weekly/monthly games and if FPL could provide it then it may stop the cheating multi-teamers from tarnishing the main game.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

I'd say MOTW should be a team at least four GWs old which has had no chips played.

Or ditch the competition completely :-)

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Yorkshire Exile wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 12:20
Yard of Grass wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 17:13 Apologies if this is cross games but still think relevant to the discussion.

in the telegraph you are allowed to purchase as many as you wish....

there is a difference between doing this under a single name and using wives, girlfriends, dogs, fake email accounts etc...

as someone who enters ca 25 teams in telegraph i get slightly frustrated by others reaching 3 figures - but they are not cheating... and i acknowledge single entrants may view me as the devil incarnate with 25

as many on here enter competitions where teams are restricted - sun and sky - in their partners names and deem it ok - it does raise a smile when people who cheat a bit better / more obviously are vilified - see sun dream team top 50 discussions and sky from this and previous years

for the record I've never entered fpl... seems like a lot of hassle for bigger all reward

If Yard of Grass feels at a disadvantage in TFF or any game which encourages multi entrants he has no case for feeling aggrieved. He should switch to a game like Sky which restricts entries.

As regards games which restrict entries, as one who sticks to the rules and spirit of any game I play, those entering even just in their wife's name as well does disappoint me, though I'd never do anything about it unless it cost me many thousands. If I finished second in a comp with a big five figure or six figure prize and the winner appeared to be a wife/girlfriend I'd investigate on the fantasy grapevine to find out if the partner involved is actually interested in the game. If it was clear that her only involvement with fantasy was her name, I'd certainly put some effort into attempting to get the initial winner disqualified.

Regarding those who cheat a bit and are then upset when someone cheats more aggressively, one can only have disdain for them. I have no more regard for a pick pocket than I do for a Great Train robber.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

jazzyb69 wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 12:39
Mr Clarinet wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 10:57 So what's the difference between being a Multi-Teaming Cheating Scumbag and running another team using quote my friend's account unquote?

Assuming that he's only done it for GW35, I'd say approximately 582 teams :D

I think you'll find that your assumption is false, and therefore also your answer based on it.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Who cares when the prize is a used wet wipe?

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Well, the OP cares, hence this thread! There's 2 separate issues - (1) chances of legal teams winning a weekly prize are reduced by illegal massive multi-teaming in any one week. I don't play for the weekly prizes, so I don't care about this; (2) running more than one team season-long increases a decent player's chances of reaching a higher OR since they can hedge their choice of captains, use of chips, etc. I really just play in mini-leagues with friends so OR isn't much of an issue there either. But this practice was usually frowned on by the FISO community, I thought. So I was kinda interested if we now thought that a little bit of multi-teaming was fair play, and where the scumbag threshold was. Somewhere between 2 and 500+, it seems.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

The scumbag threshold in FPL is simple. Anything over 1.

Chiptastic
Wideboy

Post by Chiptastic »

murf wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 18:13 The scumbag threshold in FPL is simple. Anything over 1.
Hey! I've got two teams for the first time ever this season. This is because three years ago I started a league with a different group of friends who wanted H2H. I did ok the first couple of years but found my decisions in this new league were handcuffed by my team in other - overall points - leagues.

Now I have this dedicated H2H team, I am top of that league and have broken into the top 10k for the first time ever in my old team :)

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Yes i think thats ok, i play h2h and it effects rank, im considering two teams next year, one for the h2h battle and one for the main game ( using wifes email as she will be in charge of the h2h team )

Tbh im not even bothered about these 1 week league's, fpl won't be bothered they need traffic and numbers for revenue and the prizes so rubbish its not worth any energy imo

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”