To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Captain issues

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Captain issues

Post by scopsm »

Anyone else had any issues with captain not being retained.

This week, I picked Salah as captain and Firminho as vice-captain yet noticed that I seem to have Firminho as captain and Fernandez (Swansea) as vice captain.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Re: Captain issues

Post by Hotstepper »

Yes, two mins before deadline I swapped Salah captain for Sterling. After game reopened, it was still on Salah. Is there any chatter anywhere about something similar happening to others?

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Hmm. Not captain related . But I'm sure I swapped my subs around and they went back to how they were after deadline

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

(While I'm sure you're fully aware of this) any changes, c. vc, bench order etc, needs a final confirmation - "Save Your Team".

I make a point of ALWAYS clicking the My Team tab after I save any changes (or think I have) - just to ensure that action makes it all the way through and my squad is what I think it is.

jeffmcgow
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL - FISO Mirror League 1st 2015-16 | Sun - Cheap as Chips Conference 1st 2014-15 & 2015-16

Post by jeffmcgow »

RomynPG wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 15:23 (While I'm sure you're fully aware of this) any changes, c. vc, bench order etc, needs a final confirmation - "Save Your Team".

I make a point of ALWAYS clicking the My Team tab after I save any changes (or think I have) - just to ensure that action makes it all the way through and my squad is what I think it is.
That's a good tip, RPG.

Earlier this week, when playing around with my free hit team for the hundredth time, I found that I had two different versions of my team open in two tabs in my browser. Pressing My Team identified which of them was my most recently confirmed version.

Budhabhoy
Treebeard

Post by Budhabhoy »

I done this before but then realised I had not pressed save. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

scopsm
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 6th AOL comp 2009/10 season; Winner of SportsKnockout Pro League, 15th William Hill 2010/11, 2nd Sun Dream Team weekly Dec 2014, 3rd Tennis for Free Champions League 2015

Post by scopsm »

I am sure I pressed save at the end. Will need to be more vigilant now and triple check my team after any changes. FPL support suggest it can only be user error...

To quote:
'The only way that this could have happened would have been if you accidentally made these changes, or if someone else had been able to access your account and make the changes in question.'

Weedie
Wideboy
FS Record: Top 2k

Post by Weedie »

I have a habit of as soon as I change my captain I hit save then hit f5.

Then about a minute later I go back on and debate my decision again!

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Don't use the app, its a pile of dung

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Whinters
Cheetah

Post by Whinters »

Yes, this happened to me also this week. My captain was set as Salah, but somehow Walcott was instead selected?! I would never have selected Walcott, but somehow he ended up scoring more than Salah - so thanks FPL ;)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Billy Bongo wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 21:11 Don't use the app, its a pile of dung

Last resort only for me.....

Budhabhoy
Treebeard

Post by Budhabhoy »

blahblah wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 23:24
Billy Bongo wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 21:11 Don't use the app, its a pile of dung

Last resort only for me.....

:D :D :D 11:28 am Saturday morning Sainsbury's car park....... debating that captain decision in your head....looking at the clock .looking at your wi-fi signal....you know we have all been there. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”