To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW36 Wildcard Planning

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: GW36 Wildcard Planning

Post by Tacalabala »

Yeah AEx is going to help clearly.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

If Salah doesn't start v Stoke, he's out for me no doubt. Then I'll aim to keep 2 free to bring him back, albeit at a massive loss, for GW38...

I'm BB-ing on 38, so my first draft is without Salah is:

Lloris, Hennessey
Smalling, Cedric, Naughton, Masuaku, Long
Hazard, Sterling, Eriksen, Pogba, Cork
Kane, Jesus, Ayew

0.1 ITB

Obviously Long isn't nailed so might not survive the cut. Think I need Cork as my 5th mid as he's more nailed than the cheap Swansea ones. Hazard feels a bit expensive but surely he's nailed for the rest of the season?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

I am currently looking at the following:
51C3E15F-DE8E-42EE-92D0-0760440571AC.jpeg
The plan would be to switch Salah for Mahrez in GW37 for The Bench Boost. Then switch back to TC him in GW38
If it looks like he’ll miss GW36, De Bruyne could come in, switching Otamendi to...? Any suggestions?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

I guess Azpil if you have/can find some extra cash or, if not, maybe Maguire?

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

bigcliff2 wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 00:12 I guess Azpil if you have/can find some extra cash or, if not, maybe Maguire?
Thanks
Dependent on Anfield Twitter-news-thingy, I wondered about Robertson. The DGW is not great, but either side would probably make up for it for my 4th/3rd defender.
It’d also allow an upgrade of King to someone like Richie

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

swadd1er wrote: 22 Apr 2018, 18:43 To Salah or not to Salah..

It’ll be another hide behind the sofa for their home game against Stoke if I go without him.

Jesus, Sterling, Kane, Eriksen, Ramsey, Arnie, Chilwell and Yedlin all locked in.

Aren't you worried about Ramsey's minutes being managed to keep him fresh for the Europa League? He's played in only 3 of their last 8 PL games

johnjoe107
Treebeard
FS Record: Never been outside the top 3

Post by johnjoe107 »

bigcliff2 wrote:Yeah me... Pity about the info on Mee returning, or potentially returning, as Long was a complete lock for me until I heard that.
Thought Mee was out for the rest of the season!! Have you heard otherwise as this would be great news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

johnjoe107 wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 07:10
bigcliff2 wrote:Yeah me... Pity about the info on Mee returning, or potentially returning, as Long was a complete lock for me until I heard that.
Thought Mee was out for the rest of the season!! Have you heard otherwise as this would be great news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There was some suggestion Mee could return. His flag certainly changed from red to dark orange. I can't recall the exact quotes, etc

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

On Ben Mee, this from before last week's game against Chelsea;

'SEAN Dyche has ruled Ben Mee and Scott Arfield out of Burnley's Premier League clash with Chelsea.

Mee remains absent with a shin injury, although he has a slim chance of being fit for Sunday's trip to Stoke City, but Arfield will miss both games this week with a calf problem.

"Ben Mee won’t make it. Scotty Arfield won’t make it," Dyche said of the duo's chances of facing the Blues on Thursday night.

"Both are settling down and Scotty is making good progress now. Ben maybe for Sunday.

"Ben's is a stress reaction in his lower shin, towards his ankle. That can settle down quickly sometimes, which it seems to be doing at the moment but it can equally flare up very quickly. It is nothing too drastic at this stage but it needs to be kept an eye on."

Given that last Wednesday Sean Dyche seemed to think there was a chance Mee might've been fit for yesterday's game, I'd imagine that probably means it's highly possible he'll be fit by next weekend. Think I'll be leaving Long out of my plans for that reason.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Burnley have no Double, and the single they have is not attractive. That’s why I’d steer clear of their defence.
For £0.1m more, Dummett looks a better option. A small amount more than that and other Newcastle and Swansea defenders become options

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

For me though, a nailed Long would have been perfect as I'm bench-boosting in 38 and they have a good fixture...

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

With a view to bench boosting in GW37, here's my very top-heavy first draft:

I know it's a lot of money tied up in my forwards, but I just think all 3 have such a great GW37 double that I'm reluctant to remove any of them. I know Aubameyang was partially rested yesterday, but in between their Europa League tie with Atletico Madrid and in the weekend immediately after, surely he's nigh on guaranteed to start their remaining Premier League games?

As it stands I've still got 0.2m in the bank, so there's a bit to play around with, but I can't see any obvious upgrades anywhere. Not sure I'm overly keen on doubling up on all three of Newcastle's, Southampton's and Swansea's defences though. The alternative would be to downgrade one of Cedric or Naughton to Masuaku and then upgrade Kenedy to Gundogan, which I'm now leaning towards if for no other reason than to have a little more team variation in my defence.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Which FT do you plan for GW37?

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

MoSe wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 10:37 Which FT do you plan for GW37?
It may change depending on any injuries or substitutions, but I'm actually planning on saving my free transfer in order to have 2 for GW38, which allows me to bring back Salah without taking a hit if I decide to.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

I was thinking in having another striker in GW36 placeholding Auba who you'd bring on in 37,
but if you want to spare the FT it's OK, you can play Auba @mun as well, who knows

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

MoSe wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 10:53 I was thinking in having another striker in GW36 placeholding Auba who you'd bring on in 37,
but if you want to spare the FT it's OK, you can play Auba @mun as well, who knows
Yeah I did consider that, torn as to what would be the better option. It's not like Aubameyang can't score against United, but in any case I can't see that game being a high scoring affair.

Maybe someone like Giroud or whichever Liverpool striker Anfield Express suggest is starting could be a better shout. God bless two 12:30 Saturday kick-offs for Liverpool in a row!

Also, does anyone know the deal with Southampton? I know Stephens is back from his suspension this weekend, but with what looks like 2 or 3 decent performances from Bednarek, any chance he keeps his place? A double gameweek bargain if so.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

I didn't play BB34 and kept Stephens thru the ban for that purpose, should Bednarek steal his place for the double I'll be <expletive>

mattandbenny
Kevin and Perry

Post by mattandbenny »

I have 1 free transfer this week. However i am planning to use my wildcard. Next week will i have 2 free transfers? Or just the 1?

mattandbenny
Kevin and Perry

Post by mattandbenny »

I'm using wildcard this week in preparation for bench boost next week. This is what i'm thinking at the moment.

Hoping i'll have 2 free transfers next week. For week 37 I plan to transfer out Salah & Henessey for Sterling & Ederson.

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

mattandbenny wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 17:09Hoping i'll have 2 free transfers next week. For week 37 I plan to transfer out Salah & Henessey for Sterling & Ederson.
You won’t, you’ll only have 1 free transfer for GW37, 2 for GW38 if you roll that one.

mattandbenny
Kevin and Perry

Post by mattandbenny »

Bixer wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 18:05
mattandbenny wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 17:09Hoping i'll have 2 free transfers next week. For week 37 I plan to transfer out Salah & Henessey for Sterling & Ederson.
You won’t, you’ll only have 1 free transfer for GW37, 2 for GW38 if you roll that one.
Oh damn. May have to have a rethink or even just pay the 4 point fine. Hate paying fines though!

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

So there's no love at all for Chelsea here...Interesting

elliot
Treebeard

Post by elliot »

My current wildcard team with a view to GW37 Bench Boost.

Lloris Fabianski
Smalling Cedric Chilwell Dummett Mariappa
Eriksen Sterling D.Silva Milivojevic Carroll
Kane Jesus Aubameyang

Going light on defence as I haven’t been able to buy a clean sheet in recent weeks.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

First try... oh dear
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

@Taca, if you’re going to go so big up top you have to make compromises elsewhere. Too many of them I’d suggest. It may backfire but I was going to lump in on Man U defensive assets and forego Lukaku for Ayew to be able to spread the cash around

@elliot, that’s not light in defence. Look what Taca’s suggesting! I’m likely to go big in defence, but it means Son not Eriksen and a couple of similar choices.

@mattandbenny, apart from his recent brilliant performance (on my bench) I see no compelling case for Hennessey, apart from he’s cheap. For only £0.2m more Dubravka saves you a transfer and has higher point expectations for each game week. In fact he’s probably good enough to keep and use the transfer elsewhere. Fabianski is only a little more and has even higher points potential based on better fixtures

@Aubameyang discussion, isn’t there a better way? Of the other options, Vardy is cheaper and his games are preferable. Jesus looks a better pick at the same price point.

Quick query: Davies has been back in fashion because Rose has been injured. Rose is now at 75% likely to return.
So would it be better to spend £0.2m more and go for Vertonghen over Davies to increase the likelihood of starting more games? What are the disadvantages? Thanks

bigcliff2
Dumbledore

Post by bigcliff2 »

I'd much prefer the security of Vertonghen myself - the obvious disadvantage is that if Davies plays both games he's got better attacking potential. But it's enough of an "if" for me to choose Vertonghen, which I'm not doing anyway as I'm going for Lloris. If there's news that Rose is to miss the remainder of the season, that would change it obviously...

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Thanks. Not sure I can rely on Rose being injured.
Yeah, Lloris is an option and looks pretty popular on the WC thread. I have gone for DDG, and am mulling over the GK2 hop from Dubravka to Fabianski for whom GWs37&38 look preferable. In GW36 I’ll be playing De Gea.

BobMem
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: The Graduates - FISO 5AS H2H Champions 13/14
FISO King of Rock and Roll - Elimination game winner 2015/16

Post by BobMem »

Any love for a fringe Man City player. I get the feeling Gundogan (sp?) or B Silva could be gold for the run in. They could easily get the minutes to out score Sterling, De Bruyne, D Silva et al.
Anyone looked at what Pep normally does with rotation once leagues are wrapped up? There must be some precedent at Bayern/Barca.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

Totally agree on Bernando Silva, looks lovely whenever he gets a game, and he's getting plenty of those at the moment.

Having looked at Jordan Ayew, yeah I can see the argument for having him. It's a shame Ghana aren't at the World Cup, because I'm also looking at it from the perspective of players that are playing for a WC squad place. This is why Lingard and Jesus is pretty much 100% for me, and another reason B Silva is attractive.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Is Lingard expected to play both?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”