To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Danny Ings

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Finisher1
Dumbledore

Danny Ings

Post by Finisher1 »

Surely he is a no-brainer in FH35 now if we assume Anfield Express is reliable enough?

Even if they are wrong we won't pay too much for his cameo because he is so cheap.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Re: Danny Ings

Post by Tacalabala »

Because there are three better strikers?

germainelefoe
Red & Blue Braces

Post by germainelefoe »

Wasting a valuable pool spot

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

He represents excellent value yes but a FH is all about total points. I think it's choosing which Liverpool as many of them represent excellent value if they start. Also because money is no object for some managers, they may want to be spending more on a member of their front 7. Not that spending more equals more points but still think that will happen anyway. If I build a squad I really like and have considerable money banked, I find myself absolutely tying to spend it all!

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Tacalabala wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 21:43 Because there are three better strikers?
Who are they? I think only Jesus has better points potential, and that is even if we totally ignore price factor.
Last edited by Finisher1 on 20 Apr 2018, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

germainelefoe wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 21:46 Wasting a valuable pool spot
Who are they? Salah and Mane yes, but I totally prefer Baines, Coleman and Mustafi over any Liverpool defender.

umistboy
Treebeard

Post by umistboy »

Finisher1 wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 22:13
Who are they? I think only Jesus has better points potential, and that is even if we ignore price factor.
I respect you opinion but I'd also say Lazazette is more likely to get a haul although I like Ings as a player and hope he does well after the terrible injury luck he's had.

I won't be getting Ings in as I have about 6/7 midfielders I prefer meaning I won't be using a 3rd striker. As such, I won't be wasting 0.8m on Ings when he won't be coming off my bench.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Sutter Kane wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 21:46 He represents excellent value yes but a FH is all about total points.
This is the crux for me too. If the leaked lineup is correct Salah and Mane are a definite in my squad. One spot left, and Ings (as good value as he is) is competing against the pool of proven talent in midfield and attack from other teams (which looks strong) as opposed to the pool of defenders (which looks relatively weak).

Same for me as umistboy. Jesus, Sane, Sane, KDB, Mane, Salah, Lacazette/Auba, Ozil, Arnautovic, Zaha all look excellent. I'd much rather 7 of those plus a Liverpool defender than 6 of them and an excellent value striker who hasn't played much football I think.

However, if Ings had been a confirmed starter for a long spell of the season I'd be all over him. Good luck to those that do go for him, certainly not a bad call in isolation by any means.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 22:41
Sutter Kane wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 21:46 He represents excellent value yes but a FH is all about total points.
This is the crux for me too. If the leaked lineup is correct Salah and Mane are a definite in my squad. One spot left, and Ings (as good value as he is) is competing against the pool of proven talent in midfield and attack from other teams (which looks strong) as opposed to the pool of defenders (which looks relatively weak).

Same for me as umistboy. Jesus, Sane, Sane, KDB, Mane, Salah, Lacazette/Auba, Ozil, Arnautovic, Zaha all look excellent. I'd much rather 7 of those plus a Liverpool defender than 6 of them and an excellent value striker who hasn't played much football I think.
I don't understand this. If I pick Ings, I can pick absolutely anyone I want for the remaining 10 spots.

If you pick Laca/Auba instead of Ings, are you able to pick absolutely anyone you want for the remaining 10 spots? No, you are not. You have to make some other compromises if you pick Laca/Auba instead of Ings.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 23:15 If you pick Laca/Auba instead of Ings, are you able to pick absolutely anyone you want for the remaining 10 spots? No, you are not. You have to make some other compromises if you pick Laca/Auba instead of Ings.
Who do you think no Ings makes you miss out on?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Stemania wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 23:25
Finisher1 wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 23:15 If you pick Laca/Auba instead of Ings, are you able to pick absolutely anyone you want for the remaining 10 spots? No, you are not. You have to make some other compromises if you pick Laca/Auba instead of Ings.
Who do you think no Ings makes you miss out on?
KDB.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Finisher1 wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 23:27 KDB.
For the one off game I honestly prefer Jesus, Sterling and Sane money no object!

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

I’m with the Finisher here, I think he’s the second best striker this GW after Jesus, and marginally prefer him over Lacazette. Total no-brainer.

umistboy
Treebeard

Post by umistboy »

You really think it's a "total no-brainer"? ie. It's so clear cut that Ings is so far a better option than absolutely any other striker that it doesn't require even the singlest, tiniest modicum of thought?

If so, then hats off to you and good luck. But I'd love to know what body of evidence I'm missing that makes it so clear cut.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Finisher1 wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 22:13
Who are they? I think only Jesus has better points potential, and that is even if we totally ignore price factor.
I agree... I’m currently rocking a 4-5-1 cos I darent risk any of the strikers; have a plan B which I’ll probably revert to at 11:25 (taking Lacazatte - that will give me a 3-5-2).

I really don’t have any love for the strikers.

Chiptastic
Wideboy

Post by Chiptastic »

I'm selecting Perez over Ings. He's in form having scored scored 3 in 3, is a little cheaper and will just sit on my bench anyway. I'm having Moreno as my third Liverpool slot after Salah and Mane.

sponduly
Treebeard

Post by sponduly »

I recon he's worth a punt for a Free Hit week.

He'll have a point to prove, he's cheap, and he's starting against West Brom with Salah and Mane playing alongside him.

mike778
Kevin and Perry

Post by mike778 »

When did he last score for Liverpool

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

39 minutes from 4 sub appearances before 88 mins v Everton. This of course following a lengthy absence due to two bust knees.

That said, I think he’s always looking threatening and busy when he has come on as sub. Whereas Solanke by contrast hasnt looked like scoring in his limited minutes.

His Everton appearance was in a bit of a makeshift team... this time he’ll have a full strength midfield as well as Mane and Salah for support.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Finisher1 wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 22:15
Who are they? Salah and Mane yes, but I totally prefer Baines, Coleman and Mustafi over any Liverpool defender.
Why? TAA and Robertson have produced a lot of points recently and Pools defensive record has been excellent since the turn of the year. Everton and Arsenal are defensively rubbish.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Because TAA and Robertson aren’t meant to be playing.
The byproduct of which means Gómez (returning from injury), Klavan and Moreno are.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 09:49
Finisher1 wrote: 20 Apr 2018, 22:15
Why? TAA and Robertson have produced a lot of points recently
but they're not supposed to play this one, according to leaks
ZeroRemorse wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 09:49 Pools defensive record has been excellent since the turn of the year.
sorry if I'm repeating myself:
That was mostly NOT with Klavan Gomez Moreno on the pitch, who've been barely playing since long, leave alone together

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Prefer Barnes to Ings, who no doubt will get subbed for Solanke

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Actually I'll only play with Salah Mané and no 3rd Pool, despite on FH
And have Barnes indeed

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Ah yes, dodgy defence for sure, expecting VVD to direct them well though.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

In their favour is the midfield and forwards will hopefully keep WBA pinned back.

So a suspect defence perhaps but should have enough to repel the Baggies.

Moreno and Gomez may be rusty, but both were first teamers for the first half of the season.

MoSe
Dumbledore

Post by MoSe »

Zimmerman wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 09:40 39 minutes from 4 sub appearances before 88 mins v Everton. This of course following a lengthy absence due to two bust knees.

That said, I think he’s always looking threatening and busy when he has come on as sub. Whereas Solanke by contrast hasnt looked like scoring in his limited minutes.

His Everton appearance was in a bit of a makeshift team... this time he’ll have a full strength midfield as well as Mane and Salah for support.
LOL

bring on the toldyousos

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

I can't wait for Finisher to let us know how clever he was, despite blaming luck every time his decisions go badly.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Does anyone know which is his team? Is in the FISO league?

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Zimmerman wrote: 21 Apr 2018, 14:17 Does anyone know which is his team? Is in the FISO league?
Plenty of people here know it because I share it privately with anyone who asks. I don't want to share it publicly and people here have respected it, thanks for it by the way.

For what it's worth I decided not to pick Ings in the end. Am I still entitled to I told you so? :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”