To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

City for the run in

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
DalianAtkinson
FISOhead

Re: City for the run in

Post by DalianAtkinson »

Mr Clarinet wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 15:41
MoSe wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 15:19
at least I'll have an excuse now if I fall down like a Stuka ...
Gosh, do people still know what a Stuka is (was)? My dad flew Spitfires and was based in Sicily towards the end of WWII, he had combat experience against the Stuka "dive-bomber". I don't think we have "dive-bombers" any more, do we? I think my dad was pleased to see them falling, rather than diving...
I knew what he meant.

Flying Spitfires in Sicily sounds like a dream save for the war bit.

More of these kind of interesting tangents please.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Mr Clarinet wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 15:41
MoSe wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 15:19
at least I'll have an excuse now if I fall down like a Stuka ...
Gosh, do people still know what a Stuka is (was)? My dad flew Spitfires and was based in Sicily towards the end of WWII, he had combat experience against the Stuka "dive-bomber". I don't think we have "dive-bombers" any more, do we? I think my dad was pleased to see them falling, rather than diving...
This is amazing, expect a PM from me on the matter :)

With regards to City, could Mendy be given a run given that he's played for the U-23S already. He may miss some game time of course but surely Pep would wanna get him involved a bit before season end.

He's still super expensive in FPL though.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL Best, 1,000th 2014-15.

Post by dino1980 »

Not sure how many Alonso/Vardy combo owners there are out there but a switcharoo to defender+Jesus seems the obvious route if Alonso gets the ban hammer. Loathe as I am to get rid of Vardy, a nailed on Jesus for just 1.X million more is too much to resist.

Caf
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Post by Caf »

dino1980 wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 21:02 Not sure how many Alonso/Vardy combo owners there are out there but a switcharoo to defender+Jesus seems the obvious route if Alonso gets the ban hammer. Loathe as I am to get rid of Vardy, a nailed on Jesus for just 1.X million more is too much to resist.
But which defender do you go for? There’s Walker if you can afford 6.6; otherwise you’re looking at Kompany/ Otamendi who don’t seem guaranteed to start. I’ve got Alonso to get rid of but can’t quite see who for.

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

I've already got Jesus so it'll be Sterling for me this week. I'll decide later if I want a 3rd attacker or a defender for 37.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dino1980 »

Caf wrote: 18 Apr 2018, 07:35
dino1980 wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 21:02 Not sure how many Alonso/Vardy combo owners there are out there but a switcharoo to defender+Jesus seems the obvious route if Alonso gets the ban hammer. Loathe as I am to get rid of Vardy, a nailed on Jesus for just 1.X million more is too much to resist.
But which defender do you go for? There’s Walker if you can afford 6.6; otherwise you’re looking at Kompany/ Otamendi who don’t seem guaranteed to start. I’ve got Alonso to get rid of but can’t quite see who for.
I will probably downgrade him to a Swansea defender (wouldn't be needed for GW36) but can play the double in 37 and at home to Stoke in 38.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Interesting. Vardy 4.8 ppg this season compared with Jesus 4.2ppg; £1m cheaper and in great form. Personally, I don't see the attraction.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dino1980 »

@AR - shamelessly ripped from Ludo's hot topic on FFS:

"In the 10 games this season that Jesus started without Agüero, though, he managed 6 goals, 3 assists, and 60 points (6.0 PPG), blanking on just three occasions, which is a more encouraging return, although it still falls short of Agüero's 7.4 PPG when starting without Jesus. It doesn't quite seem a fair comparison, though, given that an incredible 9 of the 10 league matches where Jesus has started without Agüero have been away from home.

City have averaged nearly a goal a game more in home matches (3.31 goals per game) than away (2.35 goals per game)."

However, your point about Vardy is more than valid and I'm certainly going to look at squeezing in a Kane/Vardy/Jesus front three.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

There are also other variables (like opposition, phase of the season, Man City steam rollering teams, what system they were using at the time, which players were injured or not)

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

dino1980 wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 10:42 @AR - shamelessly ripped from Ludo's hot topic on FFS:

"In the 10 games this season that Jesus started without Agüero, though, he managed 6 goals, 3 assists, and 60 points (6.0 PPG), blanking on just three occasions, which is a more encouraging return, although it still falls short of Agüero's 7.4 PPG when starting without Jesus. It doesn't quite seem a fair comparison, though, given that an incredible 9 of the 10 league matches where Jesus has started without Agüero have been away from home.

City have averaged nearly a goal a game more in home matches (3.31 goals per game) than away (2.35 goals per game)."

However, your point about Vardy is more than valid and I'm certainly going to look at squeezing in a Kane/Vardy/Jesus front three.
Thanks, I hadn't seen that. Jesus' record when he plays with Aguero must be pretty grim then.

Of course the lower number of goals away from home maybe because Jesus has played a higher proportion of away matches and Aguero a higher proportion of home matches!

One of my jobs for tomorrow was to unpack Jesus' record a bit more because I was surprised at the low ppg. But this is a useful reminder about the danger of one summary statistic. I suspect that I'm going to struggle to fit both into my side post-WC this week so I am still going to have to make a choice. Unless, I decide to ditch Kane.

dino1980
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dino1980 »

From a PP90 perspective (not saying this is a good measure btw) Jesus is 7.05 pp90 and Vardy is 4.98 pp90. Using Understat's figures Jesus takes 3.02 shots p90 to Vardy's 1.92 and it's 0.96 vs 0.86 in key passes. I was also surprised that the City man's xGp90 (0.84) is almost double that of Vardy's (0.43). Vardy has the advantage of being on penalties though. SITB per minute, SOT per minute etc also, unsurprisingly favour the City man. There's no doubt I'm coming at this from a biased angle and looking for stats that favour Jesus though :)

And obviously, like Zimmerman states, there are external factors and also price to consider.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore

dino1980 wrote: 19 Apr 2018, 12:09 From a PP90 perspective (not saying this is a good measure btw) Jesus is 7.05 pp90 and Vardy is 4.98 pp90. Using Understat's figures Jesus takes 3.02 shots p90 to Vardy's 1.92 and it's 0.96 vs 0.86 in key passes. I was also surprised that the City man's xGp90 (0.84) is almost double that of Vardy's (0.43). Vardy has the advantage of being on penalties though. SITB per minute, SOT per minute etc also, unsurprisingly favour the City man. There's no doubt I'm coming at this from a biased angle and looking for stats that favour Jesus though :)

And obviously, like Zimmerman states, there are external factors and also price to consider.
You do make a decent case though ;) My worry in a sense with Vardy is that although he is on fire at the moment, will he maintain that for the rest of the season?

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

Anything to be learned from the line-up yesterday? The big question for me (on a WC) is whether Otamendi is still an option. Can anyone theorise?

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

I think in simple terms, no one really knows.
Probability is that Pep is just going to juggle 3 or 4 players every game.

Part of me thinks that Pep has finally cottoned on (or exceeded his patience) that Otamendi is a bit shit. Since getting pickpocketed by Firmino he has been benched in both their games.

So we might see Kompany and/or Stones interchanging with Laporte (planning ahead for next season)?

Alternatively, is he just giving him a break because he has probably played more minutes than most players this season (I’m guessing, but assume he must be up there).

In a nutshell - no idea 😂

4 games (8 berths) / 4 CB. Will they each just play 2 each?

Bixer
FISOhead

Post by Bixer »

Anyone else tempted to go for Bernardo Silva?

The cheapest of the City midfielders typically likely to score, but given his minutes in recent games compared to most of the others, might he be one of the most likely to play the majority of City's remaining games? I know lots of people (Wildcarders especially) are leaning towards Sterling, but I can't help but feel he's probably next in line to be rested.

I did like the idea of Gundogan until I realised that with Fernandinho's return, he's also highly likely to be back on the bench.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I sortof expect all the main players to get something like 3 of the 4 remaining games, with some bit parters given a game or two - maybe Yaya starts GW38 as a sendoff for example.

But I'd fancy Jesus and Sterling in 3 games vs 4 games of anyone else (especially with the fixtures City have) regardless. I reckon we'll see rotation in the ranks of Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Spurs too.

bigcliff2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Rubbish

Post by bigcliff2 »

The thing Sterling has is that he can play up front instead of Jesus. I'm 100% having Sterling unless something else comes to light. I was 99% on Jesus too but I started thinking that maybe United and Lukaku is the way to go instead, I'm still unsure on this. I'm not interested in any of their other players really.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Bixer wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 12:58 Anyone else tempted to go for Bernardo Silva?

The cheapest of the City midfielders typically likely to score, but given his minutes in recent games compared to most of the others, might he be one of the most likely to play the majority of City's remaining games? I know lots of people (Wildcarders especially) are leaning towards Sterling, but I can't help but feel he's probably next in line to be rested.

I did like the idea of Gundogan until I realised that with Fernandinho's return, he's also highly likely to be back on the bench.
Very tempted here, he frees up much money for Salah in GW 38. He can cover for Sane, Silva and Sterling. A punt without question, but no more then any of the others to be honest and i would expect to see him get decent mins before the end of the season.

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

Sterling and Jesus look the most certain for game time.

Personally I will go with just Sterling and *hope* that's enough City cover.

DGW37 is tricky, already have Kane and Vardy (won't be selling those two) and Barnes to J Ayew looks an obvious move. Also helps with the bank balance when trying to get Salah back in 38.

I would avoid the defence all together.

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

LAMPS27 wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 14:07 Sterling and Jesus look the most certain for game time.

Personally I will go with just Sterling and *hope* that's enough City cover.

DGW37 is tricky, already have Kane and Vardy (won't be selling those two) and Barnes to J Ayew looks an obvious move. Also helps with the bank balance when trying to get Salah back in 38.

I would avoid the defence all together.
Its a hard one to call, arguably Sane could be the best pick given he has had a rest now.

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

The Username wrote: 23 Apr 2018, 14:10 Its a hard one to call, arguably Sane could be the best pick given he has had a rest now.
It's a valid point, however Sterling looks the most explosive points wise to me. Not sure on ownership but I would expect Sterling to have the higher as well.

Sane looks assured of a start this week but it's hard to assume he gets 3/3 in GW37 and 38. Just so much doubt! I don't think I would want both of them that's for sure (already did that with my FH in 35!)

LAMPS27
Red & Blue Braces

Post by LAMPS27 »

Personal curveball due to indecisiveness - I had the exact money for Mahrez to Sterling. Saw he was around 90% to go up on FFF and decided to wait. He's gone up and now unless I take a hit I can't get Sterling.

So it's either take the Christensen hit this week for Mawson as well as Sterling or just take Sane for Mahrez, get some extra cash in the bank and deal with Christensen next week in a hit w/ JAyew coming in as well.

Anyone else get stung with Sterling's price rise last night?

Also seen some chat about Bernardo Silva, don't think we can make that move can we? If we doubt Sterling/Sane's time surely Bernardo's is even less assured?

Similarly David Silva is hard to commit to given his off field issues but then again he started at the weekend.

De Bruyne looks the most nailed but well outside my price range.

It's all of a sudden looking likely to be a Sane move for me personally.

White Tiger
Grumpy Old Man

Post by White Tiger »

I have Jesus, D. Silva & Ederson. I expect there'll be the odd benching, but that's just a risk which I hope doesn't backfire horribly.

snakzz
Grumpy Old Man

Post by snakzz »

LAMPS27 wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 08:09 Personal curveball due to indecisiveness - I had the exact money for Mahrez to Sterling. Saw he was around 90% to go up on FFF and decided to wait. He's gone up and now unless I take a hit I can't get Sterling.

So it's either take the Christensen hit this week for Mawson as well as Sterling or just take Sane for Mahrez, get some extra cash in the bank and deal with Christensen next week in a hit w/ JAyew coming in as well.

Anyone else get stung with Sterling's price rise last night?

Also seen some chat about Bernardo Silva, don't think we can make that move can we? If we doubt Sterling/Sane's time surely Bernardo's is even less assured?

Similarly David Silva is hard to commit to given his off field issues but then again he started at the weekend.

De Bruyne looks the most nailed but well outside my price range.

It's all of a sudden looking likely to be a Sane move for me personally.
Wow, that raise bit me really hard in the ass to :D

eff, what to do now?

Coop13
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Coop13 »

Is Jesus pretty much safe?

Need to find some funds for next week to get rid of my 2 Burnley defenders (one of whom will most likely go for an expensive Spurs defender) and Lukaku > Jesus looks the best option to extract that extra money. Plus it will give me City coverage for their easy run home.

Huxley
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Huxley »

I was considering Jesus, Sterling and D Silva, but Ederson is a cheap way to buy in to their defence and they have some nice fixtures.

Hopefully more fixture proof than Otamendi was last week :(

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Will probably pick Ederson, Sterling and Jesus with my WC

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Ederson has said he wants a goal “and pep knows it” so he might take a penalty out of left field :lol

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Sterling back in for me this week.

Jesus is a maybe for the double, depending on how Lukaku and Vardy get on this week, because he would have to replace one of those two. Big ask with them both nailed on to start both, mind.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

No Way Jose wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 22:24 Ederson has said he wants a goal “and pep knows it” so he might take a penalty out of left field :lol
Now this is interesting

Surely he will get to take one

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”