To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

City for the run in

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Sky Fantasy Football Winner 2017/18

City for the run in

Post by Cars and Mané »

Mods, please feel free to delete this if you think it's being discussed elsewhere. Didn't seem like it is to me.

I think one of the biggest issues for the remainder of the season is Man City. They have the best fixtures and we have no idea how Pep will handle the run in now that the league is won. Who, if anyone, are you guys targeting?

For me, Sterling is a clear target. I don't know if this is borne out by the stats, but it seems like he's getting more chances without Aguero?

I also think KDB, Walker and Jesus are likely to play most if not all of the remaining games. For Jesus of course it depends on the severity of the Aguero injury.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: City for the run in

Post by Zimmerman »

I think it’s a massive unknown.

League is won
No Europe to keep them fresh for

There is a World Cup which a lot of his squad will be involved in

The again, they’ve only got 5 games to navigate in the next 4 weeks.

Will they try and go out on a high and blow teams away?
Will the players be going through the motions and not want to risk injury (and missing the WC)
Will
Pep start tampering with systems and/or giving fringe players some game time?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

My rough plan is to use all my impending transfers (plus maybe a hit) to get in precisely City players for 36/37. Unless Pep gives a strong indication he's going to give squad players a chance I figure they'll just play their strongest team to try to break records.

Sterling for sure, Jesus for sure if Aguero is ruled out of GW37, and then hopefully Sane too (or someone cheaper if needed).

All subject to working out the best way to get Salah back for GW38 I suppose.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Sterling: young, still has potential, needs games to realise that potential (the potential to not miss siters).

Jesus: Pep sees him as the future spearhead, facilitates faster link up play and attack (consider Sane, Jesus, Sterling in their prime, with consistency, should they reach it and how that could overwhelm teams). Aguero is out with a knee problem probably for a while, and I wouldn't be surprised if a large offer let City sell him. Then again, they wouldn't want to come up against him in the UCL.

Kompany: Never really thought about him until I read an article last night about how he somehow managed to get a run of matches. Might ditch Bailly for him as PB suggested. Then again there is always the injury risk like with Philly Jones or Stanislas. Also Laporte, if he wasn't a last minute facilitation purchase with no real long term value :wink: , should really get game time if he is a future first team player.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I'm banking on them wanting to put in a good home performance vs Swansea for their fans after winning the league.

After that, who knows, hopefully, he gives us an idea in the pressers.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

The one City first-11-er I'd be very surprised to see get two games in GW37 is Kompany.

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

I like Sterling / Laporte

Sterling . I still see him getting lots of minutes and might get some time through the middle with Agueros absence. Can still score big with part appearances also.

Laporte needs more games to acclimatise , I fancy him to play the remainder and is only 5.1 anyway so worth a gamble

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Stemania wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 15:52 The one City first-11-er I'd be very surprised to see get two games in GW37 is Kompany.

I thought the same thing this time last year, when I was considering Kompany for my late-season wildcard. City had a glorious run of fixtures to finish the season and a DGW in 37 (CPL, LEI, WBA, wat). I wanted Kompany but was sure he'd be rested for one of the doubles (they played Saturday then Tuesday) so decided against getting him in the end. As it turned out, he started all four alongside Otamendi (despite Stones being available and on the bench for the final two) and scored two goals, recording a couple of big hauls in the process. I was left cursing my safe approach on that occasion, and would hate to be cursing it again for the second season in a row.

Of course, what happened last season isn't guaranteed to happen again this season, especially with the threat of Laporte and possibly Stones if he can ever get himself fit, but he looks a better bet to me than Bailly right now, with an extra game and more attacking potential. There is an argument of course for just sticking with Bailly, but it's an argument that's looking less solid by the week, with Mourinho's seeming preference for using different centre-backs for different tactical apporaches. I have just enough cash for Bailly/Lukaku/Willian :arrow: Kompany/Jesus/Sterling, and that's looking very appealing to me right now, especially with my Free Hit chip already burned and GW35 a big worry. Willian is the one I'd be least inclined to lose, but Chelsea have a couple of tricky fixtures in their run-in (LIV, new) and City have the extra game of course in 35, so I'm thinking Sterling might be a better bet.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Great opportunity to push Sterling and improve him world cup, the sort of challenge Pep likes i think

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

FWIW, the actual trophy presentation will be after the first of the GW37 fixtures vs Huddersfield at the Etihad. I wouldn't be surprised if VK is very keen to play in that one, along with the rest of the "First XI". After that, it's anybody's guess.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

I'm hoping the chance to be the first team to beat 100 points in a season will be too tempting and that this will keep rotation to a minimum.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

City can break 7 records i believe

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

8 according to the MEN

Best goal difference
The prolific 2009/10 Chelsea team hold this record with a final tally of +71, but City are really not far behind. They are currently on +68, which means they have to score four more than they concede to break the record.

Most goals scored
Back to Carlo Ancelotti's 09/10 Chelsea we go, who scored 103 goals in their title-winning campaign rounded off with an 8-0 victory over Wigan on their final day. City are currently on 93, which means they need to score 10 to equal and 11 to break the record. They have averaged 2.8 goals per game this season.

Most points
Jose Mourinho's 2004/05 Chelsea side amassed 95 points, something no team before or since has been able to better. City are on 87 points so can break the record with 9 points from their remaining 15 available or equal it with 8. Four wins and a draw would take City to 100 points.

Most wins
Antonio Conte's title winners left everyone in their wake last season by winning 30 of their 38 games. City have racked up 28, meaning they need to win three of their five remaining games to overhaul another record, or two to equal it.

Biggest title-winning margin
The 1999/2000 United side finished 18 points clear of second-placed Arsenal, the biggest margin ever achieved to date. City currently lead United by 16 points and Liverpool by 17 points, meaning they need to get three points more than United and two more than Liverpool from their final five games to break the record, or one fewer to equal it.

Fewest draws
The Chelsea teams of the 1997/8 and 2016/17 seasons managed to go through a 38-game campaign with just three draws, managing 63 and 93 points respectively. City have already drawn against Everton, Crystal Palace and Burnley so they can't afford another draw if they want a mention in future in this category.

Most away wins
Chelsea again, with the 2004/05 team winning 15 of their 19 games. City have won 14 of their 17 this season, with trips to West Ham and Southampton to come. One away win will equal the record and two will break it. Both games are winnable, although both of their opponents are, as it stands, still in the relegation dogfight.

Most away goals
Brendan Rodgers's Liverpool team managed 48 away goals on the way to narrowly losing the 2013/14 title race. Guardiola's men have 40 goals so will need to score nine in games with West Ham and Southampton to break the record, or eight to equal it. This looks the hardest of the possible records remaining for City to break, although they managed seven from their final two away matches last season and are more than capable of racking up big wins.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Pep will definitely pick his teams with the sole purpose of beating the 'fewest draws' record. The lack of this on his CV would otherwise haunt him til the day he dies.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Did think it was a tenuous ‘record’.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Pirlo's Beard wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 20:00
Stemania wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 15:52 The one City first-11-er I'd be very surprised to see get two games in GW37 is Kompany.
There is an argument of course for just sticking with Bailly
What about Otamendi? He's in my WC team right now while having also considered Kompany, but his injury record has swayed me to Otamendi.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Zimmerman wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 21:05 8 according to the MEN
Also read that they would need another 16 goals at the Etihad to get most home goals ever scored in the PL.
Carlo Ancelotti’s achievements while securing the trophy with Chelsea in 2009-10 are also under threat. That team scored the most goals (103), had the best goal difference (+71) and most goals scored at home (68).

City currently have 93 goals and a goal difference of +68.

Guardiola’s men need another 16 strikes at the Etihad Stadium to get most home goals, but given they’re playing Swansea, Huddersfield and Brighton there, it can’t be ruled out.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 15006.html

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

From4corners wrote: 16 Apr 2018, 22:00 What about Otamendi? He's in my WC team right now while having also considered Kompany, but his injury record has swayed me to Otamendi.

Yeah, I could go Otamendi, but then I couldn't afford Sterling and Jesus. I think Kompany/Sterling has more potential than Otamendi/Willian.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

What stops Pep from playing a back 3 with Kompany leading them?

Chiptastic
Wideboy

Post by Chiptastic »

How about giving Bravo four more matches for him to get his prem winners medal? Ederson doesn't start for Brazil anyway.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

I'm pretty sure backup GKs usually get a medal anyway these days.

Latic
FISO Knight
FS Record: Minor past glories. Back for 2021!

Post by Latic »

Man City will be given 40 (?) medals to hand out to whoever. Qualification for a medal by playing in at least ten matches was abolished a couple of season ago

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Cars and Mané »

Express reporting that Pep intends to give Foden and Diaz more game time. Who does this put most at risk?

Guess Foden could slot in for Silva and Diaz for Sterling or Sane? Not particularly familiar with the two of them.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Apparently Aguero has had surgery and will be out for a month but fine for the World Cup [believe FFS amongst others has tweeted this.]

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Jesus looking nailed then. All he needs now is someone to supply the crosses.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 14:55 Apparently Aguero has had surgery and will be out for a month
at least I'll have an excuse now if I fall down like a Stuka in the Draft League I had been leading almost all season... :roll:

Available FWDs to replace him: Perez, Chicharito, Diouf, Rondon...
quite comparable, sure they can save my season...

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

MoSe wrote: 17 Apr 2018, 15:19
at least I'll have an excuse now if I fall down like a Stuka ...
Gosh, do people still know what a Stuka is (was)? My dad flew Spitfires and was based in Sicily towards the end of WWII, he had combat experience against the Stuka "dive-bomber". I don't think we have "dive-bombers" any more, do we? I think my dad was pleased to see them falling, rather than diving...

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Jesus in for Lukaku in 36 it is then (and on FH this week).

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I think Jesus might still miss an odd match, but definitely nailed enough to be a good pick for the season.

Cars and Mané
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Cars and Mané »

Jesus seems a decent pick now. But I still think Sterling is a better one. Sterling comfortably beats him stats-wise over the last few games. Think they'll probably start a similar number of matches between now and the end. No reason you can't have them both of course.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”