To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Kane's 'goal' v Stoke appeal

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: Kane's 'goal' v Stoke appeal

Post by Finisher1 »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 13:42
hancockjr wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 13:32
ZeroRemorse wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 13:09

Called out by what? Literally no one has produced any evidence he touched the ball, so please be quiet and stop trying act all tough and dismissive :lol:
No-one on here thinks that he touched the ball. The debate is whether the photos prove that he didn’t. Except it’s not a debate as they don’t.

Don’t confuse whether he touched it with whether the photos provide proof he didn’t.
I know we're flogging a dead horse here because we obviously view the stills differently but I will attempt one more time to sway opinions.

Go back and use the ball as a size and distance reference. The ball is larger than Harry's head in the first photo and smaller than his head in the 2nd when viewing from that angle (the ball looks like it is the same distance Kane to the camera). The ball in the 1st photo is visibly larger, as well as the Nike symbol, Shawcross's head and the badge on Harry's arm.

For me, this clearly shows the ball is past Harry or nearly past or even if it is above him, it still has too much work to do, to dip in time and graze his shoulder.

The 2nd photo the ball is coming to us but going to the left and it still looks like far too much work for it to drop and hit his shoulder.

That's how the stills appeared to me anyhow if we disagree that's fine.
So, ZeroRemorse. Let's say Harry is in a courthouse prosecuted for "not touching the ball" and the only evidence available are these two photos. You are the head juror. Would you then make your best effort to convince all jury members that these two photos as their own right are conclusive enough to convict him?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Finisher1 wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 14:02

So, ZeroRemorse. Let's say Harry is in a courthouse prosecuted for "not touching the ball" and the only evidence available are these two photos. You are the head juror. Would you then make your best effort to convince all jury members that these two photos as their own right are conclusive enough to convict him?
100%

I mean no real attempt was made to discredit the photo's other than "they don't prove anything".

Ball size compared with human head size and other size references make it clear cut for me where the ball is and how far above Kane it is.

But if others don't see it like that, then there's not much else I can add, other than referring to the other video that was posted to back it up.

That and Spurs history of dishonest character - GUILTY AS CHARGED! :lol:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 14:12
Finisher1 wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 14:02

100%
Oh dear. Good luck to anyone who ever ends up in a court where you are in the jury! :lol:

I must say, I wouldn't be totally confident that he or she would get a rightful trial!

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Finisher1 wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 14:22

Oh dear. Good luck to anyone who ever ends up in a court where you are in the jury! :lol:

I must say, I wouldn't be totally confident that he or she would get a rightful trial!
I'm joking a bit obviously, I mean there's no way you could convict someone without some reasonable doubt with those photos in a court of law, but that's a completely different context.

I think the photo's definitely aid in whether he touched or not though, would like to hear some opinions on the size reference.

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 14:12 Ball size compared with human head size and other size references make it clear cut for me where the ball is and how far above Kane it is.
Football Head.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Stemania wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 14:00 I think he probably did touch it.
:D

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

hancockjr wrote:
Stemania wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 14:00 I think he probably did touch it.
:D
From the video, I didn't think he did; but from the stills it looks like he may have.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I now call Harry's daughter to the stand :lol:

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

The PL have given the goal to Harry Kane!

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

sstaffsw wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 17:06 The PL have given the goal to Harry Kane!
Does this affect last weeks FPL scores?

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

sstaffsw wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 17:06 The PL have given the goal to Harry Kane!
Obvious all along. Clearly a Kane touch from all angles; all the photos posted prove it beyond any shadow of a doubt.
um09a2k wrote:Does this affect last weeks FPL scores?
No.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Lol, the FA really are a weak cup of piss.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

It's nothing to do with the FA.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Next, he'll be claiming Salah's goals. :lol:

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Sutter Kane wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 17:21
No.
We knew that this would be the case although it is an interesting one. Kane was also on for 2 bps when the goal was given to him so that is 6 points he lost. I wonder how the final results of many money/prize leagues will be affected by those 6 points. Of course there has to be a cut-off. It would seem fairer to me that things can still be reviewed until 24 hours before the deadline for the next gameweek which still gives FPL time to rejig cup competitions. Of course, I am a Kane-owner :lol: ;) I recognise to that this would be a nightmare for those who run FISO sidegames so maybe not such a good idea :oops:

White Tiger
Grumpy Old Man

Post by White Tiger »

He got the goal, he should get the points, simple as that. If only :wink:

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Joshhhua
Treebeard

Post by Joshhhua »

Well, that means Salah will demand from Klopp to play against one of the worst defenses in the league this weekend. :lol:

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Joshhhua wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 18:24
Well, that means Salah will demand from Klopp to play against one of the worst defenses in the league this weekend. :lol:
It's interesting, isn't it!

LFC only have a few games to go. Here are my predictions of when he might be rested & score;

14th April vs Bournemouth (H) Start - possibly subbed 70th minute (depending on scoreline) 1 goal 1 assist

21st April vs WBA (A) Start if the game is on the 25th, possibly benched if the game is on the 24th 1 goal

24/25th April vs Bayern*/Madrid*/Roma Start

28th April vs Stoke (H) Benched - Possibly subbed on (Stoke are fighting for survival won't be an easy game, likely required late game for a result) 1 assist

May 1st/2nd vs Bayern*/Madrid*/Roma Start

06 May vs Chelsea (A) Start 1 goal

13th May vs Brighton (H) Start 2 goals 1 assist

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

I suppose the PL didn't consult ZeroRemorse before giving the goal to Kane!

They probably missed the two particular photos.

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

Gateshead FC have tweeted ,awarding their 2nd goal at Tranmere last night to Harry Kane!

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Finisher1 wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 19:28 I suppose the PL didn't consult ZeroRemorse before giving the goal to Kane!

They probably missed the two particular photos.
:roll:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

A new panel has sat and decreed that the earlier panel did not miss the 2 particular photos.

The photos actually scraped their shoulders.

TriXaM
FISOhead

Post by TriXaM »

Here's another photo that doesn't actually prove anything - yet to me it's completely believable that this brushed his shoulder, whilst none of the video 'evidence' has proved that it didn't. I think this has been blown out of proportion, simply because the decision was reversed during the match, then appealed and reverted again. Yet there's been plenty of dubious goals awarded at the time (Lukaku's laces, Aguero's hair etc), which caused a raised eyebrow then simply accepted because the decision stood. Hopefully it can be laid to rest and Harry can bag a load of pearlers for our fantasy teams in the coming gameweeks :D

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

Harry has also been credited using photo evidence of scoring following Ronaldo's worldly in Real's first leg at Juve
2018-3-11-23-9-9.jpg
BREAKING....Harry Kane reportedly arrived at Spurs training today in a green jacket claiming to have won the Masters...The PGA to review it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fuzzy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: meh

Post by Fuzzy »

Late to the convo, but this is better than reality TV.

Having taken 4/1 on Kane to win golden boot at the start of the season, the “cash out” dividend has been on a crazy little path over the past month!

baganboy
Comfortably Dumb(ledore)
FS Record: 2011/12 - 212. 2019/20 - 222.
Altogether 6 top 10Ks. 8 top 20Ks. 9 top 50Ks.

Post by baganboy »

I like it!

It seems that Salah is normally a reasonably collective-target type of a fellow. It seemed that Klopp would bench Salah off and on during the home stretch.

But if one's main rival to the golden boot is absolutely crazy for personal glory, then one would invariably become more keen. Thus less chance of rotation for Salah in the long run. There will be some rotation I am sure, but not to the extent feared - would be my guess.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 17:54
No.
We knew that this would be the case although it is an interesting one. Kane was also on for 2 bps when the goal was given to him so that is 6 points he lost. I wonder how the final results of many money/prize leagues will be affected by those 6 points. Of course there has to be a cut-off. It would seem fairer to me that things can still be reviewed until 24 hours before the deadline for the next gameweek which still gives FPL time to rejig cup competitions. Of course, I am a Kane-owner :lol: ;) I recognise to that this would be a nightmare for those who run FISO sidegames so maybe not such a good idea :oops:
If you need any of us to join in at any time, AR, just let us know :wink:

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 12 Apr 2018, 07:48
Aldershot Rejects wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 17:54
No.
If you need any of us to join in at any time, AR, just let us know :wink:
No you're alright ;)

Razzler
FISOhead

Post by Razzler »

I don't think he touched it but it doesn't mean that he isn't convinced he did.

It's annoying cause he had it and then it was taken away from us. I don't care about the golden boot, I care about my fantasy league points and I have missed out!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”