To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Kane's 'goal' v Stoke appeal

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Kane's 'goal' v Stoke appeal

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Kane has a rather large head, which is bigger than the ball and the ball is bigger in the first image, given you an idea of where it is. :lol:

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 22:45 Buy some glasses, the ball is miles above his shoulder in the first photo and is basically past him.

Baffled.
It’s not past him - as you said yourself it’s above the shoulder. It is hard to gauge depth on a still though, and the speeds and directions of both are (by definition) unknown.

Gotta fear for his daughter though, given the video evidence.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

hancockjr wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 22:50 Gotta fear for his daughter though, given the video evidence.

"If you let her go now, that'll be the end of it..."

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

hancockjr wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 22:50
ZeroRemorse wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 22:45 Buy some glasses, the ball is miles above his shoulder in the first photo and is basically past him.

Baffled.
It’s not past him - as you said yourself it’s above the shoulder. It is hard to gauge depth on a still though, and the speeds and directions of both are (by definition) unknown.

Gotta fear for his daughter though, given the video evidence.
Use Kane's giant head to judge the distance of the ball :wink:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

If we are examining credentials, well I was banned from the Physics Laboratory after electrocuting the Physics teacher with a Van de Graaff Generator and was therefore the only one in my school that never got as far as the Physics O Level. :oops: So it's probably me that ZR is referring to I guess. :wink:

BigBadSaint
Red & Blue Braces

Post by BigBadSaint »

Naaaa !!! Even at a really slow delivery speed of 60km/hr that means the ball is travelling 17 metres per second.
There is no way it's dropping the 4 or 5 cm distance to his shoulder over the ball width of 22cm which would be past his shoulder.
Sorry little Ivy Jane ....Not a chance Daddy touched that!
kane.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Striker wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 17:35 Trying to determine accurate conclusions from a single photo is a waste of time.

Match of the Day replays convinced me that he touched it. Although the slight touch that he did get doesn't justify "stealing" a goal from a team mate.
MotD is quite lame for campaigning it too when there's a really good angle and stills showing he didn't touch it, no bias there *cough*, can't have a Muslim lad from Egypt winning the golden boot over our boy 'Arry :lol:

Being a little OTT, but they definitely have a predilection for homegrown players.
Last edited by ZeroRemorse on 11 Apr 2018, 01:25, edited 1 time in total.

FingerPass
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Pick Quick Champion 13/14 & 15/16, 5AS Europa League Champion (1. FC Köln) 17/18, 5AS H2H Champion (1. FC Köln) 18/19

Post by FingerPass »

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 00:32 If we are examining credentials, well I was banned from the Physics Laboratory after electrocuting the Physics teacher with a Van de Graaff Generator and was therefore the only one in my school that never got as far as the Physics O Level. :oops: So it's probably me that ZR is referring to I guess. :wink:
That's impressive 8-) :lol:

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Striker wrote:Trying to determine accurate conclusions from a single photo is a waste of time.
Especially when there's a young girl's life riding on it.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Just hope I never end up in court with Zero on the jury.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

BigBadSaint wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 00:39
Sorry little Ivy Jane ....Not a chance Daddy touched that!

Is she really called Ivy Jane??? That's suspiciously close to Iphigenia...

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

ZeroRemorse wrote:
Finisher1 wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 18:15
ZeroRemorse wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 17:30 The ball would have to take a sharp drop in order to hit his shoulder, at the angle and direction he kicked it, it's virtually impossible he touched it. There's no evidence currently showing he got a touch. Just stills like these that clearly show he was nowhere near it.
I think you are making too much assumptions. Based on those pictures, it's totally unclear whether or not he touched it. Like I said, those photos don't prove a thing.

Striker wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 17:35 Trying to determine accurate conclusions from a single photo is a waste of time.
+1
Sorry, are you guys blind and ignorant of physics? I really don't mean to be rude, but that's surely what it looks like. From the stills, it's clear as day he could not have touched the ball given its trajectory, his body position and distance from the ball.

The video evidence only supports this even more.
You realise that the photo gives you zero information about the trajectory of the ball?

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 20:49
icefish wrote: Pathetic from Kane and pathetic from the club to be indulging him.

And what if it actually did touch his shoulder on the way through and he knows it? What then? He's supposed to say nothing?
If it did touch him (extremely unlikely given the evidence) then I would understand him commenting on it in interviews with a cheeky smile etc.

But to swear on his daughter´s life, personally contacting Gary Lineker to tackle the issue on MOTD, to send a formal complaint to the FA. It´s just so small time to me.

His job is to score goals to help his team winning games and achieving things, not trying to rob a goal of a team mate in an already won match.

But feel free to disagree.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

I don't know how much this is Kane and how much it has just spiralled into a drama to be honest. He said it had touched him, others derided that, he then over-reacted with the daughter's life thing to get the message across that he was being sincere - these things happen easily. And the complaint to the FA came from Spurs, not him, and probably has as much to do with their team spirit thing as anything.

I don't know if he touched it or not. I think he believes he did, though, and that people may perhaps be giving him too hard a time over this issue.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Luckily I have an ESPER machine in the loft, so I ran the Kane images through it and what you can't see directly is that Gareth McAuley is actually behind Kane and McAuley's hair definitely got the final touch.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Mav3rick wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 11:40 Luckily I have an ESPER machine in the loft, so I ran the Kane images through it and what you can't see directly is that Gareth McAuley is actually behind Kane and McAuley's hair definitely got the final touch.
What about Aguero, Lukaku and Yaya? I think these gentlemen will make a claim as well!

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I honestly don't trust Spurs as a team, they dive without shame, they are notoriously sore losers and now this from Kane to get closer to the golden boot kinda just sums them up for me. That's the reality of their behaviour unfortunately. (I think this goes against some of their players nature, like Eriksen).

The stills prove a lot, they prove none exist of the ball actually touching his shoulder, I mean there should be at least one still of the ball grazing his shoulder right? I'm amazed there's not if he really did touch the ball.

The other bit of conclusive evidence is the video angle shown above, it quite clearly shows daylight between his shoulder and the ball all the way past him. That's game over.

I don't think it's overacting Ruth, Spurs have acted dishonestly on a regular basis in recent history, to the point of bringing the game into disrepute.

For the record I wish he did touch it and the goal stood, he's in my team! I just don't like seeing dishonesty in sports. Football has enough of it.
Last edited by ZeroRemorse on 11 Apr 2018, 12:50, edited 1 time in total.

Chiptastic
Wideboy

Post by Chiptastic »

I can't believe Eriksen is happy about this considering he hasn't scored a free kick in the league for about two years! Granted he didn't mean to score this one, but that stat looks terrible considering the amount of FKs he takes...

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Chiptastic wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 12:48 I can't believe Eriksen is happy about this considering he hasn't scored a free kick in the league for about two years! Granted he didn't mean to score this one, but that stat looks terrible considering the amount of FKs he takes...
In Eriksen's initial interview he was surprised Harry claimed it, but he seems a good team player and rolled with it.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 12:48 The stills prove a lot, they prove none exist of the ball actually touching his shoulder, I mean there should be at least one still of the ball grazing his shoulder right? I'm amazed there's not if he really did touch the ball.
Just drop it, please. You have been quite conclusively called out by plenty of posters.

Zimmerman wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 07:37 Just hope I never end up in court with Zero on the jury.
Spot on! :lol:

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Finisher1 wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 12:59
ZeroRemorse wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 12:48 The stills prove a lot, they prove none exist of the ball actually touching his shoulder, I mean there should be at least one still of the ball grazing his shoulder right? I'm amazed there's not if he really did touch the ball.
Just drop it, please. You have been quite conclusively called out by plenty of posters.

Zimmerman wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 07:37 Just hope I never end up in court with Zero on the jury.
Spot on! :lol:
Called out by what? Literally no one has produced any evidence he touched the ball, so please be quiet and stop trying act all tough and dismissive :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Mav3rick wrote: Luckily I have an ESPER machine in the loft, so I ran the Kane images through it and what you can't see directly is that Gareth McAuley is actually behind Kane and McAuley's hair definitely got the final touch.
:lol:

That kind of thought occurred to me as well, Mav3rick. But McAuley is a sore point with me and this season he has been replaced by Milivojevic the penalty king. :?
ZeroRemorse wrote:I don't think it's over-reacting Ruth, Spurs have acted dishonestly on a regular basis in recent history, to the point of bringing the game into disrepute.
Yeah, I can see that point of view as well.
Last edited by Ruth_NZ on 11 Apr 2018, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 13:09 Called out by what? Literally no one has produced any evidence he touched the ball, so please be quiet and stop trying act all tough and dismissive :lol:
Plenty of posters have told you those still photos don't prove a thing.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Finisher1 wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 13:13
ZeroRemorse wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 13:09 Called out by what? Literally no one has produced any evidence he touched the ball, so please be quiet and stop trying act all tough and dismissive :lol:

I was actually hoping for someone to post evidence that he did touch or at least post some debtable evidence that suggests he did. I don't care what the majority told me, if I cared about that I would be a Justin Bieber fan :lol:

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 13:18
Finisher1 wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 13:13

I was actually hoping for someone to post evidence that he did touch or at least post some debtable evidence that suggests he did. I don't care what the majority told me, if I cared about that I would be a Justin Bieber fan :lol:
All I have said is that those photos don't prove a thing, and that's what I'm still saying.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 13:09

Called out by what? Literally no one has produced any evidence he touched the ball, so please be quiet and stop trying act all tough and dismissive :lol:
No-one on here thinks that he touched the ball. The debate is whether the photos prove that he didn’t. Except it’s not a debate as they don’t.

Don’t confuse whether he touched it with whether the photos provide proof he didn’t.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

hancockjr wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 13:32
ZeroRemorse wrote: 11 Apr 2018, 13:09

No-one on here thinks that he touched the ball. The debate is whether the photos prove that he didn’t. Except it’s not a debate as they don’t.

Don’t confuse whether he touched it with whether the photos provide proof he didn’t.
I know we're flogging a dead horse here because we obviously view the stills differently but I will attempt one more time to sway opinions.

Go back and use the ball as a size and distance reference. The ball is larger than Harry's head in the first photo and smaller than his head in the 2nd when viewing from that angle (the ball looks like it is the same distance Kane to the camera). The ball in the 1st photo is visibly larger, as well as the Nike symbol, Shawcross's head and the badge on Harry's arm.

For me, this clearly shows the ball is past Harry or nearly past or even if it is above him, it still has too much work to do, to dip in time and graze his shoulder.

The 2nd photo the ball is coming to us but going to the left and it still looks like far too much work for it to drop and hit his shoulder.

That's how the stills appeared to me anyhow if we disagree that's fine.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I think he probably did touch it.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”