To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Kane's 'goal' v Stoke appeal

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
ThreeFiveThree
Cheetah

Kane's 'goal' v Stoke appeal

Post by ThreeFiveThree »

Tottenham have lodged an appeal to the Premier League in a bid to ensure Harry Kane is credited for their second goal against Stoke
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... l-at-stoke

If the decsion is reversed what are the chances of the points being awarded retrospectively?

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Kane's 'goal' v Stoke appeal

Post by Mav3rick »

Zero I'm afraid. The points are final and that's it.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

But in 30-odd year's time he'll still be claiming it was The Shoulder of God.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

He's just clutching at straws in his desperation at being outscored by a CK winger / Chelsea reject

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Embarrassing Harry. I suppose you did "put your daughter's life on it" though mate :lol:

Desperate.

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

Bookies would have to pay out twice for the same goal. :mrgreen:

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

No prospect of any retrospective action on the points. When the points are confirmed approx one hour after the final game of the day finishes, their locked in. And that's that. Hard cheese, tough titty etc

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

It bodes well that that the golden boot is this much of a motivation for him though.

icefish
Treebeard

Post by icefish »

Pathetic from Kane and pathetic from the club to be indulging him.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Not looking good Harold.

For me, Spurs have become a team that lacks integrity. Diving to claiming goals that you clearly didn't score in an attempt to win the Golden Boot. His quotes about putting "his daughter's life on it" bothered me the most, a very bizarre tasteless comment.

Last edited by ZeroRemorse on 10 Apr 2018, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Well those photos don't prove a thing.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Finisher1 wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 15:41 Well those photos don't prove a thing.
Why not? Using laws of physics which our world does, the ball is clearly too far above his shoulder for a touch. The goal was already credited to Eriksen through analysis, so unless you have have anything proving he did touch the ball (doubt it), then the goal remains Eriksen.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 16:04
Finisher1 wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 15:41 Well those photos don't prove a thing.
Why not? Using laws of physics which our world does, the ball is clearly too far above his shoulder for a touch. The goal was already credited to Eriksen through analysis, so unless you have have anything proving he did touch the ball (doubt it), then the goal remains Eriksen.
In those photos the ball is clearly going down, so those photos don't prove a thing.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

The ball would have to take a sharp drop in order to hit his shoulder, at the angle and direction he kicked it, it's virtually impossible he touched it. There's no evidence currently showing he got a touch. Just stills like these that clearly show he was nowhere near it.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Trying to determine accurate conclusions from a single photo is a waste of time.

Match of the Day replays convinced me that he touched it. Although the slight touch that he did get doesn't justify "stealing" a goal from a team mate.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2017-18

Post by SirMattBugsby »

It's not about the goal anymore, I thought this was a joke! Is Kane serious? Haven't read his latest comments and now I don't think I want to.

Always suspected that Spurs team lacks a bit of maturity (more from the handshakes than anything else), but this borders on hampering team spirit. The club seems to be pandering to Kane's whims and tantrums.

Bigger clubs will surely be encouraged even more now to target Spurs attack in the summer.

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Spot on Striker.

I do wonder what Eriksen thinks about all of this. He seems incredibly laid back so he's probably not too bothered but it smacks to me of Kane putting personal performance above the team.
He's come across as a bit of a wink this week.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 17:30 The ball would have to take a sharp drop in order to hit his shoulder, at the angle and direction he kicked it, it's virtually impossible he touched it. There's no evidence currently showing he got a touch. Just stills like these that clearly show he was nowhere near it.
I think you are making too much assumptions. Based on those pictures, it's totally unclear whether or not he touched it. Like I said, those photos don't prove a thing.

Striker wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 17:35 Trying to determine accurate conclusions from a single photo is a waste of time.
+1

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Ok, few things, well 5 things:

1. Any chance this is just Kane on a wind-up?
2. He's a striker, scoring goals is pretty much the only reason he's on the pitch. It's not like he gets a let off as long as his team is winning. He's there to score goals so of course he wants to be the one to do that.
3. I'd like to think he wouldn't be making all this fuss unless he did actually touch it, and he's going to be the one who knows, not a bunch of fans sitting on their couches, right? Can't count the number of times I've watched a knockout in boxing and wondered whether the guy actually connected. Why is this any different?
4. I'm a Kane-owner.
5. Whatever, it's only a game :lol:

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

icefish wrote: Pathetic from Kane and pathetic from the club to be indulging him.

And what if it actually did touch his shoulder on the way through and he knows it? What then? He's supposed to say nothing?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Owsler wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 18:47 Ok, few things, well 5 things:

1. Any chance this is just Kane on a wind-up?
2. He's a striker, scoring goals is pretty much the only reason he's on the pitch. It's not like he gets a let off as long as his team is winning. He's there to score goals so of course he wants to be the one to do that.
3. I'd like to think he wouldn't be making all this fuss unless he did actually touch it, and he's going to be the one who knows, not a bunch of fans sitting on their couches, right? Can't count the number of times I've watched a knockout in boxing and wondered whether the guy actually connected. Why is this any different?
4. I'm a Kane-owner.
5. Whatever, it's only a game :lol:
You put the 5 in after finishing typing? :lol:

I'm really not "old school", but Dave Mackay would have given him more than a slap and told him to stfu....

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

That's pretty clear cut. And slightly odd that he’d claim it.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Finisher1 wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 18:15
ZeroRemorse wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 17:30 The ball would have to take a sharp drop in order to hit his shoulder, at the angle and direction he kicked it, it's virtually impossible he touched it. There's no evidence currently showing he got a touch. Just stills like these that clearly show he was nowhere near it.
I think you are making too much assumptions. Based on those pictures, it's totally unclear whether or not he touched it. Like I said, those photos don't prove a thing.

Striker wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 17:35 Trying to determine accurate conclusions from a single photo is a waste of time.
+1
Sorry, are you guys blind and ignorant of physics? I really don't mean to be rude, but that's surely what it looks like. From the stills, it's clear as day he could not have touched the ball given its trajectory, his body position and distance from the ball.

The video evidence only supports this even more.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

The video evidence is conclusive. The stills prove nothing. And I have an A level in physics.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 22:37
Finisher1 wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 18:15

+1
Sorry, are you guys blind and ignorant of physics? I really don't mean to be rude, but that's surely what it looks like. From the stills, it's clear as day he could not have touched the ball given its trajectory, his body position and distance from the ball.

The video evidence only supports this even more.
Well, it's two of us. You are actually the only one here who has made those kind of silly interpretations based on those still pictures :lol:

hancockjr wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 22:41 The video evidence is conclusive. The stills prove nothing. And I have an A level in physics.
Well now it's three of us :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Hmmmm, maybe some Goalden Boot thing is relevant in his (agent's) discussion with Fascisto Madrid, or trying to get wage equality with Levy?

A few months ago I heard\read something about Alli and Kane not being the best of buddies. I honestly cant remember the context re both moving to RM, or something - but thinking as I type I am almost confident that it was Winter on R5.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Buy some glasses, the ball is miles above his shoulder in the first photo and is basically past him.

Baffled.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Those stills do prove one thing - orange gloves just don't go with a fluorescent yellow outfit (and I should know, I've also got an A Level in Physics).

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote: 10 Apr 2018, 22:47 Those stills do prove one thing - orange gloves just don't go with a fluorescent yellow outfit (and I should know, I've also got an A Level in Physics).
Obviously: I gave up Physics A Level before I\we broke up for the summer hols, I did get an A at 'O' Level though.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”