To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Leaked LFC team news @AnfieldExpress (proven on GW33 17/18)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Finisher1
Dumbledore

Re: Leaked LFC team, very reliable source (proven on GW33 17/18)

Post by Finisher1 »

math! wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 12:55 Never say never, when it involves Liverpool and 3 goal deficits.
It's true Liverpool are just 6th best defence in the Premier League, but that doesn't make City favourites.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Can't remember a potential ITK being accurate a whole day before. Amazing.

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Leaked LFC team, very reliable source.

Post by cesc408 »

murf wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 11:10
cesc408 wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 11:01 There will be rotation galore, same as when they got far in Europe previously.
Not too sure about that.
1. They need to finish top 4
2. There are too many injuries so the squad is looking a little thin. Only really Firmino, Ox and the full backs 'rested' for that line up above
They will get in the top 4. There fixtures are pretty excellent. Brighton Stoke West Brom Bournemouth and 10 points clear of Chelsea in 5th.

There's no way most of there 1st team will play in games before the likes of R.Madrid and Barca.

Seen it before with Pool and resting players before later stages in Europe and we will see it again.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Stemania wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 13:13 Can't remember a potential ITK being accurate a whole day before. Amazing.
I used to give you the Burnley team 24 hours in advance, before the bloke on the Burnley forum was stopped from posting it 8-)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Tall Paul wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 13:29
Stemania wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 13:13 Can't remember a potential ITK being accurate a whole day before. Amazing.
I used to give you the Burnley team 24 hours in advance, before the bloke on the Burnley forum was stopped from posting it 8-)
Not sure why they do it really (low self-esteem - ego needs polishing?). If they are fans they are just giving advantage to the opposition......

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

math! wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 12:55 Never say never, when it involves Liverpool and 3 goal deficits.
This LFC defensive unit is a different beast with Van Dijk, Robertson and Karius. This cliche no longer has any value or truth behind it.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Then consider 1) their opposition and 2) the possibility that they don't play to their usual style.

When they lost to Man Utd in march, they were disjointed and lacked that forward verve they tend to have. You can say they had a creative block or were beaten tactically but they had nothing incisive going forward despite the number of shots.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

math! wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 17:05 Then consider 1) their opposition and 2) the possibility that they don't play to their usual style.

When they lost to Man Utd in march, they were disjointed and lacked that forward verve they tend to have. You can say they had a creative block or were beaten tactically but they had nothing incisive going forward despite the number of shots.
We're talking about them defensively.

Liverpool have improved with the addition of Van Dijk and Karius's consistent performances, Klopp tactically has changed the fullbacks positioning when going forward, the two FBs used to both press forward in possesion and the two CB's would go wide to cover that space, leaving space in the middle, he now just has the one fullback advancing in possession and the CB's stay central with Can or Hendo in front of them, this shape and the addition of VVD who has the best aerial record in the prem by some distance has made the improvement so obvious that the attitude and idea of LFC conceding goals easily is outdated and no longer has any substance or value.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Can and Hendo will both be absent on Weds....

Big match experience as a unit is also a factor, imho.

As above it is far from inevitable, either way but a Lpool goal or two will make it so.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Just read the Can news, big blow for sure. Likely will play Milner there with Ox and Wjnaldum either side, not bad. They just need to go in with attacking intent.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Yep, unlike MU., and is my point above. If 2-0 after 30 mins in the week, will those saying it is a formality now still be so confident.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

blahblah wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 18:15 Yep, unlike MU., and is my point above. If 2-0 after 30 mins in the week, will those saying it is a formality now still be so confident.
That's the exact mindset the players will be avoiding, fans should too because it does affect the team.

Respect and confidence is the correct approach.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 18:22
blahblah wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 18:15 Yep, unlike MU., and is my point above. If 2-0 after 30 mins in the week, will those saying it is a formality now still be so confident.
That's the exact mindset the players will be avoiding, fans should too because it does affect the team.

Respect and confidence is the correct approach.
Indeedy, and certainly not the apparent complacency being shown here....

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

What complacency, where?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Posters above saying no way, BTSport pundits saying it was all over.....

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 17:49
math! wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 17:05 Then consider 1) their opposition and 2) the possibility that they don't play to their usual style.

We're talking about them defensively.

Liverpool have improved with the addition of Van Dijk and Karius's consistent performances, Klopp tactically has changed the fullbacks positioning when going forward, the two FBs used to both press forward in possesion and the two CB's would go wide to cover that space, leaving space in the middle, he now just has the one fullback advancing in possession and the CB's stay central with Can or Hendo in front of them, this shape and the addition of VVD who has the best aerial record in the prem by some distance has made the improvement so obvious that the attitude and idea of LFC conceding goals easily is outdated and no longer has any substance or value.
I'm not calling them bad defensively, my initial comment was made partially in jest (I thought it was obvious). Now I was talking about them defensively. It is easier to be defensively solid when your forward players overwhelm the opposition. A team like City could upset that as I alluded to, and that would test their defensive mettle in ways it may not have been tested before. Another thing you must consider is how long they have played with this shape. You'd want to avoid a false positive. Man Utd at the start of the season looked like serious title contenders for instance then around the time Pogba got injured they became a bit blunt.

There is a lot of psychology in this and psychologically Liverpool have done well against City in the league ahead of that drubbing so they can feel confident against them. If that confidence is upset they could see a different result.
Last edited by math! on 07 Apr 2018, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

The top 4 is not wrapped up.

Klopp should definitely have purchased at least 1 attacking asset in the winter to fill the void Coutinho left, Lallana is not reliable fitness wise and Ings and Solanke are not good enough yet, Origi isn't much better but he's another option, Grujic needed playing time but could be doing a good job now.

Basically, there is going to be a lot of rotation, the Stoke game is between the two semi-finals, so I imagine a B team will put out again there.

Klopp needs to be careful not to drop any more points in the EPL, because they play Chelsea away, which could turn out to be a 6 pointer.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore
FS Record: Best fpl finish 233 in 14/15

Post by liquidfootball2 »

blahblah wrote:Posters above saying no way, BTSport pundits saying it was all over.....
This will massively deflate City further, need to win it or Liverpool's chances of progressing even more certain than before.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

ZeroRemorse wrote:The top 4 is not wrapped up.

Klopp should definitely have purchased at least 1 attacking asset in the winter to fill the void Coutinho left, Lallana is not reliable fitness wise and Ings and Solanke are not good enough yet, Origi isn't much better but he's another option, Grujic needed playing time but could be doing a good job now.

Basically, there is going to be a lot of rotation, the Stoke game is between the two semi-finals, so I imagine a B team will put out again there.

Klopp needs to be careful not to drop any more points in the EPL, because they play Chelsea away, which could turn out to be a 6 pointer.
Not mathematically certain but all but

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

math! wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 18:35
I'm not calling them bad defensively, my initial comment was made partially in jest (I thought it was obvious). Now I was talking about them defensively. It is easier to be defensively solid when your forward players overwhelm the opposition. A team like City could upset that as I alluded to, and that would test their defensive mettle in ways it may not have been tested before. Another thing you must consider is how long they have played with this shape. You'd want to avoid a false positive. Man Utd at the start of the season looked like serious title contenders for instance then around the time Pogba got injured they became a bit blunt.

There is a lot of psychology in this and psychologically Liverpool have done well against City in the league ahead of that drubbing so they can feel confident against them. If that confidence is upset they could see a different result.
I'm aware that City are capable of turning it on at the Etihad, but I'm pointing out LFC are unlikely to concede soft goals due to goalkeeping and defensive frailties which people still hold the belief that they are capable of doing as frequently in the past when they didn't have VVD and their different tactics. I'm a little tired of reading these cliches so I'm just trying to point out the obvious improvements defensively, it's not a false positive when the statistics as well as the tactical analysis back that up a good example being that City failed to register a shot on target at Anfield and LFC's defensive form has been the best in the UCL (7 clean sheets, 3 in a row in the KO stage) and since January one of the best in the league.

There's a large contingent of people who have failed to recognize LFC's defensive improvements or just simply don't want to acknowledge them because they don't like them and it's painful for them to admit VVD is an excellent purchase.

For the record I never considered United title challengers, they started the season of with the kindest draw possible vs EPL giants Swansea and Stoke etc :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

liquidfootball2 wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 18:44
blahblah wrote:Posters above saying no way, BTSport pundits saying it was all over.....
This will massively deflate City further, need to win it or Liverpool's chances of progressing even more certain than before.
Yep this started with me saying if Citeh won and Lpool lost....

I haven't seen the goals properly: was Kompany anywhere near the Dead Sea parting....?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 07 Apr 2018, 18:46 There's a large contingent of people who have failed to recognize LFC's defensive improvements or just simply don't want to acknowledge them because they don't like them and it's painful for them to admit VVD is an excellent purchase.
and Robertson playing....

Pressure of CL QF is more my point along with fear of what Citeh could do.

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

Pep's head just exploded

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I think City are more vulnerable defensively, really doubt they will keep a clean sheet and score 4 goals. The chances of that are very unlikely.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Kompany ran the wrong away, and not for the first time.....

liquidfootball2
Dumbledore

My impression is Liverpool will be like Utd in their purple patch in the second half and create easily enough to make any City goals completely irrelevant

Tie is as good as over

math!
Dumbledore

Post by math! »

I should point out I'm not anti-Liverpool (despite being a Chelsea fan). I admire what they are doing and Klopp as a manager. I like to be neutral and see what can possibly happen. I can only see City winning and advancing if they unsettle Liverpool the way Man U did in march and prevent them from getting chances. Not terribly likely but possible. Today hasn't looked good for them even though they started with a slightly weakened front.

I also still think Liverpool are a nightmare opponent for Barca and really want that tie to happen.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I dislike RM far more :lol:

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

So Man C 6 - 3 Liverpool. You heard it here first ;)

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Liverpool are now the only team unbeaten at home in the Premier League this season.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”