To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Leaked LFC team news @AnfieldExpress (proven on GW33 17/18)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Leaked LFC team news @AnfieldExpress (proven on GW33 17/18)

Post by murf »

There was a big fuss over a mole a year or two back. Can't remember details but someone got a lot of clack and claimed innocence

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

The account just tweeted it's their last leak, was good while it lasted lads, not that we really need it for the last two matches, it's pretty obvious Pool will likely play their best XI.

thekitkatshuffler
Grumpy Old Man

Post by thekitkatshuffler »

murf wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 18:18 There was a big fuss over a mole a year or two back. Can't remember details but someone got a lot of clack and claimed innocence

Do you mean that fella who was just guessing the team but an LFC official called him and threatened to post dogshit through his letterbox? :D

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footb ... ogger.html

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

thekitkatshuffler wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 18:29
murf wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 18:18 There was a big fuss over a mole a year or two back. Can't remember details but someone got a lot of clack and claimed innocence

Do you mean that fella who was just guessing the team but an LFC official called him and threatened to post dogshit through his letterbox? :D
There was a bit of a mad back, story?

Didn't he "interview" people pretending to be a Journo too?

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

Nice, like most here I have used AnfieldExpress but I am all for not having these informations. Next step imo should be to move GW deadline an hour forward or backwards. Let everybody know the starting line-ups or let no one know. (I assume that official twitter feeds will not post 2h and 2 mins in advance)

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

FranckKessie wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 19:42 Nice, like most here I have used AnfieldExpress but I am all for not having these informations. Next step imo should be to move GW deadline an hour forward or backwards. Let everybody know the starting line-ups or let no one know. (I assume that official twitter feeds will not post 2h and 2 mins in advance)
The line ups are embargoed until an hour before kick off. So if you are the first team playing (whuch has happened to Liverpool a lot recently - 3 of the last 5 weeks) and you tweet the lineup 30 seconds early it provides a limited window to plot.

I think Fpl want to give people as long as possible to make transfers and also keep the headline rule simple - so I doubt the deadline would become 65, 90, 120 minutes just to stop this from occasionally happening.

Wasn't so long ago there was a fixed Saturday deadline was it? Something like 10.45 or 11am regardless of kick off time. But the midweek deadline was 7:30 so you had the luxury of full teamsheets for that day's games before completing your transfers!

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Due to time difference in NZ I never have time to see the official line ups and act when they are released. That is just the way of things and I will live with it as it is. Information is available to all to use as they will if they have the time to use it.

Klaren
Treebeard
FS Record: 0

Post by Klaren »

OIEIAO wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 09:11
The line ups are embargoed until an hour before kick off. So if you are the first team playing (whuch has happened to Liverpool a lot recently - 3 of the last 5 weeks) and you tweet the lineup 30 seconds early it provides a limited window to plot.
Just out of interest, why are line-ups embargoed until an hour before kick-off in the Premier League. Or is it just that the teams are required to announce their line-ups an hour before and they just don't do it any time before that (well at least not more than 1 hour 2 min before kick-off in best cases) in order to not to reveal their lineup/game plan for as long as they can?

Because FA having a rule that prevents teams announcing early doesn't make sense to me. But then again a lot of things with the FA doesn't make sense to me anyway.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Klaren wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 12:35
OIEIAO wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 09:11
Just out of interest, why are line-ups embargoed until an hour before kick-off in the Premier League. Or is it just that the teams are required to announce their line-ups an hour before and they just don't do it any time before that (well at least not more than 1 hour 2 min before kick-off in best cases) in order to not to reveal their lineup/game plan for as long as they can?

Because FA having a rule that prevents teams announcing early doesn't make sense to me. But then again a lot of things with the FA doesn't make sense to me anyway.
It is part of the rules that the line-ups should not be announced early.
https://www.premierleague.com/publications (Handbook page 161 (!))
Official Club Team Sheets
K.84. Each Home Club shall provide to the Match Manager the official team sheets of both
the Home Club and the Visiting Club as soon as reasonably practicable after they
have been submitted to the referee pursuant to Rule L.21.
Guidance
Rule L.21 provides that at least 75 minutes before the kick-off, a representative of each Club must submit
to the referee and their opponents a team sheet.
The Match Manager will give copies of the team sheets to Broadcasters and to the League’s data
providers. Clubs will remain responsible for distributing it to others (e.g. representatives of the written
media).
K.85. A Club playing in a League Match shall not publish the teams until 60 minutes before
kick-off.

Guidance
Publication of team sheets is strictly embargoed until 60 minutes before kick-off. The League will ensure
that Broadcasters comply with this embargo.
In terms of why- well naming the line-up is an official part of the pre-match process - you cannot change your declared starting XI unless someone is injured in the warm-up and is assessed as injured. If you could announce your line-up earlier than you had to, what if your opponent did likewise and then you changed your plans knowing that it was still within the prescribed time limit - "that was our starting lineup but now here's the real one, we are still in time to change it"...it would get quite confusing and probably annoy the hell out of the media. i think it makes sense for there to be a strict deadline and then a strict announcement time.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

People stop complaining and just enjoy the fruits of Anfield Express.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

The logic is that both teams submit teamsheets without seeing the other's first. Why the need for 15 minutes I'm not sure (to be honest, I didn't know the 75 minute rule existed. Thought they just had to do it at 60+ so left it til near last minute).

FranckKessie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by FranckKessie »

OIEIAO wrote: 29 Apr 2018, 09:11 I think Fpl want to give people as long as possible to make transfers and also keep the headline rule simple - so I doubt the deadline would become 65, 90, 120 minutes just to stop this from occasionally happening.
I believe you are right and it was also just a personal wish. If teams are to hand in team sheets 75 min before kick-off that would be a nice deadline. Shouldn’t matter to people except that they can’t get information without uncertainty. In the Big picture this is a tiny thing but do send a signal imo.

bspittles
Dumbledore

Post by bspittles »

Having the FPL deadline at the same time as the deadline for teams is sensible. Giving people 15 minutes where they can tweak their teams would give a big advantage to those who are able to access the site at the time, and would also put huge stress on the site for a short period of time.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

thekitkatshuffler wrote:He's not leaking any more line-ups coz he's getting too much stick for it.

Wonder if this is connected to the departure of Klopp's assistant.

Probably 2+2=27 but........

Maldini
Dumbledore

Post by Maldini »

Could they be making a position for Gerrard to fill so he doesn't ruin his management career by joining Rangers?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

They're citing 'personal reasons' for the departure and that it's not permanent at this stage.

But, it's well known they have huge rows. I think there has been a severe falling out, possibly on tactics and squad management.

Buvac, as far as I know, manages the substitutions.

He might have questioned Klopp's decision to take Salah off in the Roma UCL tie at 70 minutes (especially when he did the same vs WBA and they ended up conceding two goals after they withdrew him) and then flog him for 95 minutes vs a physical Stoke side.

I really do have a feeling they've had a falling out over the squad management, the team has nearly broken down for the 2nd season running.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

We never truly know who does what (in terms of managerial teams).

When Paco left Raffa it seemed to take a turn for the worst. Hope this doesn’t happen again (Klopp has previously credited him with being the brains of the outfit).

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Yeah, just more bad news for LFC;

I know there have been a million conflicting reports about Can leaving or signing etc, but it appears he finally has signed a deal with Juventus, for 5-6 million Euroes a year, a massive payrise to what he's getting a Pool.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

ZeroRemorse wrote:Yeah, just more bad news for LFC;

I know there have been a million conflicting reports about Can leaving or signing etc, but it appears he finally has signed a deal with Juventus, for 5-6 million Euroes a year, a massive payrise to what he's getting a Pool.
Probably not a huge rise on what Liverpool were offering. I'd have thought he would have been offered more than that. Not sure on current exchange rates but that must be 'only' about £85k a week.

There is good news too... Firmino has signed a new 'long term' deal.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I believe LFC were 'only' offering him 50k a week. How miserable of them! :lol: :roll:

Not saying he won't be missed, he's definitely a good player, but I think Keita offers far more, albeit his discipline could be an issue.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Why can't everyone be like classic Jose and name both their teams and the opposition team the day before? :lol:

MoSe
Dumbledore
FS Record: FISODAS CUP Winner Season 25
FISO H2H Winner: 15/16 Div2 - 16/17 Div1
FISO Mirror: 16/17 PL Winner

Post by MoSe »

murf wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 13:58
ZeroRemorse wrote:Yeah, just more bad news for LFC;

Probably not a huge rise on what Liverpool were offering. I'd have thought he would have been offered more than that. Not sure on current exchange rates but that must be 'only' about £85k a week.
Gazzetta.it say 5 it's the years contract, and 6 it's the millions per season.
Also alleges Can has been convinced "by Juve's project" i.e. he's been guaranteed to be a nailed starter (???), which could not be at Bayer or PSG :?

The current EUR/GBP rate is ~0.878 going down
€6m/y = £5,286k/y = £101k/wk
(you do count all 52 weeks in contracts per season, don't you?)

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Sky Sports News

Verified account

@SkySportsNews
3m3 minutes ago

BREAKING: Liverpool forward Mo Salah to face no FA action over incident involving Stoke defender Bruno Martins Indi, according to Sky sources.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/statu ... 1308983298

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Didn't even know there was a chance of anything. Did Hegazi get charged for punching Salah last week??

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

murf wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 18:43 Didn't even know there was a chance of anything. Did Hegazi get charged for punching Salah last week??
No, the FA let him off saying "lack of force".

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 01 May 2018, 11:18 the FA let him off saying "lack of force".
Nice of them to admit their own failings :wink:

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

murf wrote: 01 May 2018, 11:34
ZeroRemorse wrote: 01 May 2018, 11:18 the FA let him off saying "lack of force".
Nice of them to admit their own failings :wink:
:D

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Well, LFC make the final in typical LFC fashion, I still think they'll roll out their close to best team vs Chelsea - if they get a result there, I think it will be a reservish team vs Brighton.

I predict TAA might make way for Clyne in the Chelsea fixture.

VVD goes down as one of the greatest winter transfers ever IMO.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 02 May 2018, 22:37 Well, LFC make the final in typical LFC fashion, I still think they'll roll out their close to best team vs Chelsea - if they get a result there, I think it will be a reservish team vs Brighton.

I predict TAA might make way for Clyne in the Chelsea fixture.

VVD goes down as one of the greatest winter transfers ever IMO.
Every thread I read you’re predicting lineups, or who’s missing from lineups. Is any of this based on more than a hunch?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Smurphy's Paw wrote: 02 May 2018, 22:51

Every thread I read you’re predicting lineups, or who’s missing from lineups. Is any of this based on more than a hunch?
Maybe I'm Anfield Express :D :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”