To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Would you pick Alexis Sanchez in your team if he joined Man United

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Would you pick Alexis Sanchez in your team if he joined Man United

Post by blahblah »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 18:30
Stemania wrote:
math! wrote: But apparently we are trying to sign Andy Carroll. Stemania did you happen to replace Emenalo?
I actually suggested Dzeko, but Roman overruled me. :evil:

Dzeko would be welcome, scores a ton of goals for Roma and was excellent in the game at the Bridge earlier in the season. A different class to Carroll. :)
That's not difficult as being fit for more than 20% of the season ticks that box.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

That looks like really wishful thinking to me, Gambit. Lingard surely won't be nailed if Sanchez arrives.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Gambit wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 18:46
Mav3rick wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 13:58 As an FPL asset I'd rather see him at city, he seems like the ideal Pep type of forward and I'd bring him in certainly.

At Man Utd, with those sometimes turgid and negative Mourinho 1-0's it'd be a wait and see to see what kind of role he was given and how it affected the rest of the attack (Lingard still playing alongside Sanchez would not have to much at all to match Sanchez for value, but it might be viable to take both).

It would be a bit harsh on the likes of Martial and Rahsford to be thrust out of the team, but maybe Sanchez would take Mata's spot, as Mourinho has never seemed to be his biggest fan.
that is the key point for me, providing Lingard kept his place (and there is no reason why he should lose it) it would be hard to justify 11.8m on Sanchez when Lingard is almost half the price.

It's a wait and see for me, but I'm not ruling him out.

If they signed him and everybody fit I think it would be:

...........DDG
Valencia...Jones...Bailly...Shaw
............Matic
....................Pogba
...Martial.....Lingard......Sanchez (all interchanging positions behind Lukaku),
.............Lukaku

Martial could still be swapped about with Rashford (or Mata), and for harder away games Herrera would come in for Martial, leaving Lingard/Lukaku/Sanchez as the front 3.

I think Mata will be hurt the most by this possible move, and it would seem Pogba would stay a little deeper.
Quoted as on previous page.....

I can't but help think that Sanchez is better with a slower\patient\calculated build up, and Mata would be the key to that for MU.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 20:32 That looks like really wishful thinking to me, Gambit. Lingard surely won't be nailed if Sanchez arrives.
I don't think so, he's probably the hardest working player of all the front players, and JM likes the effort he puts in, something Mkhitaryan never did.

It's possible Sanchez could replace Lingard of course, maybe they will just all swap around with only Lukaku, Matic, Pogba and Sanchez being nailed. And the remaining two spots are split between Lingard, Martial, Rashford, Mata. I just think the graft from Lingard means he's never a passenger, especially away from home.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Gambit wrote:...maybe they will just all swap around with only Lukaku, Matic, Pogba and Sanchez being nailed and the remaining two spots split between Lingard, Martial, Rashford, Mata.

That's how it looks to me.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Officially not going to City.

Can't (or don't need to?) match Utd's bid????

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 20:59
Gambit wrote:...maybe they will just all swap around with only Lukaku, Matic, Pogba and Sanchez being nailed and the remaining two spots split between Lingard, Martial, Rashford, Mata.

That's how it looks to me.
yeah could be, I don't think he's as nailed as Lukaku or Pogba, but more so than Rashford or Mata for example.

look at the game tonight, it was Lingard who was constantly pressing from the front (it's why he got booked), Mata was weak as p1ss at times and Martial isn't a natural grafter. JM loves workers, and from those 4 possible rotation picks he's by far the most disciplined, who will track runners and hunt the ball, I think JM likes him and he'll play a lot even if Sanchez arrives.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Apparently Chelsea are now trying to sign him. One advantage they have is location.

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

BBC are reporting that Mata could technically start talking to clubs now, with Man U not yet extending his contract. That would be an interesting development.

Currently weighing up Lingard, Mahrez and Pogba, and the Sanchez speculation makes me a little more inclined to swerve Lingard (which probably means I'll have to pick him up at £7m in a few weeks time!).

I wouldn't be keen on Sanchez myself purely because you never know when Jose is going to revert to type and park the bus.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

This is a big "if" of course, but if Lingard becomes nailed and plays with Lukaku, Sanchez and Pogba every week, is he then the biggest steal in FPL history or what?

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Finisher1 wrote: This is a big "if" of course, but if Lingard becomes nailed and plays with Lukaku, Sanchez and Pogba every week, is he then the biggest steal in FPL history or what?

Well, he would be, of course. But my experience of Mourinho is that he has around 5 or 6 "untouchables" and tends to rotate around them. At United (with Alexis), I think that would be Sanchez, Lukaku, Pogba, Matic, DDG and Valencia. You might add Jones at the moment while Bailly is injured

You'd expect United to go deep in the FA Cup and the R16 CL game is very winnable too. So they will have plenty of games. I'd somewhat doubt that Lingard will play all of them.

Poison Idea
Treebeard
FS Record: Decent

Post by Poison Idea »

Lukaku was so awkward with the ball against Stoke, he even managed to hit his own face attempting an overhead pass. His control for the goal was also somewhat suspicious. Not confident at all. Probably not very likely given Mourinho's history, but I wonder if Sánchez can get some games as a CF if Lukaku's poor form continues. He can still turn it around though.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I've been thinking similar. But Jose always goes big up top?

Highlander12
FISOhead

Post by Highlander12 »

All about Mkhi at Arsenal at 7.6m.

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Highlander12 wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 16:33 All about Mkhi at Arsenal at 7.6m.
I think he's a bigger bargain than Lingard if he stays fit and Wenger rebuilds his confidence.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Highlander12 wrote: All about Mkhi at Arsenal at 7.6m.

That's a fair point too. And Walcott is 7.1m I think. Might be an interesting window.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 22:16

That's a fair point too. And Walcott is 7.1m I think. Might be an interesting window.

That's exactly why I'd like to keep 2FTs for as long as possible.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:

OK, Ville. :lol: 8-)

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 22:43
Joccki_10 wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote: That's a fair point too. And Walcott is 7.1m I think. Might be an interesting window.

Well he has scored 105 points more than me but at least I know when to play the German born Spanish Giant. 8-)

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Joccki_10 wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote:
Joccki_10 wrote:
Ruth_NZ wrote: That's a fair point too. And Walcott is 7.1m I think. Might be an interesting window.
Well he has scored 105 points more than me but at least I know when to play the German born Spanish Giant. 8-)

No-one can argue with that Joccki. :mrgreen:

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 16 Jan 2018, 22:16

Very interested in both of these players, especially if Sanchez moves to United and Lingard sees reduced game time. Pretty much why I decided to replace Morata with Firmino rather than Aguero, as I feel the funds maybe needed for that M5 spot sooner or later.

Stevieste
Dumbledore
FS Record: 24,360

Post by Stevieste »

6D44D50B-F478-4DE9-B966-F95DEACD474A.png
Here is Sanchez by the time Arsenal sort out Mkhitaryan contract :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Aubameyang seems to be the heavily linked replacement for Arsenal. Would be interesting to see how he's priced, and how he, Ozil, Lacazette and potentially Mkhi fit together.

Sanchez to United looks pretty much decided now.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

deal confirmed now, and my trigger finger is already twitching! :)

Instead of using the Kane money on Aguero (current plan) I can get Sanchez, big risk but love going against the template.

Sanchez home v Huddersfield in GW26 could be a mega haul captaincy. And who would bet against him haunting Spurs in GW25 on his PL debut for United?

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

Can't see Sanchez being on pens and maybe not on many set pieces .

Rather than ripping up the squad to get Sanchez in might consider Lukaku again he could be the one to benefit the most

mikeg13
FISO Knight

Post by mikeg13 »

blahblah wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 20:45

I can't but help think that Sanchez is better with a slower\patient\calculated build up, and Mata would be the key to that for MU.
Agree, loved watching him play for us, but it has its downside and not sure he will be the player United think they are getting, yes he has pace, works hard, but the build up play from him often is not that quick, its hard to put your finger on it, you know he can be a joy to watch all the ability but something missing. Am I upset him going in honesty no, would have been if we got just money but exchange deal has a poss of being a better fit for us if you ignore his United games and look at his time in Germany.
Be interesting to see what happens and whats expected from him, for sure he will entertain, improve the team thats not so sure.

S_sutton87
Grumpy Old Man

Post by S_sutton87 »

Gambit wrote:deal confirmed now, and my trigger finger is already twitching! :)

Instead of using the Kane money on Aguero (current plan) I can get Sanchez, big risk but love going against the template.

Sanchez home v Huddersfield in GW26 could be a mega haul captaincy. And who would bet against him haunting Spurs in GW25 on his PL debut for United?
Feel the same I could take out Kane and de bruyne and put in aguero and Sanchez decisions!!!

Sent from my VFD 510 using Tapatalk

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

carver wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 19:25 Can't see Sanchez being on pens and maybe not on many set pieces .

Rather than ripping up the squad to get Sanchez in might consider Lukaku again he could be the one to benefit the most
that's an interesting idea.

But I think he may very well get the pens, and it's not really ripping up the team, just Kane/midfielder for striker/Sanchez, in my current set up I could probably get Vardy.

Sanchez/Vardy v Mahrez/Lukaku

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

carver wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 19:25 Can't see Sanchez being on pens and maybe not on many set pieces .

United don’t actually have a penalty taker per se.
So I reckon he’s definitely on them.

Even set pieces, Pogba often pulls rank on someone like Rashford, but in reality isn’t very good at them. So again, fancy Sanchez to get a good proportion of the dangerous ones.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Sanchez will take over from Pogba on penalty duties. We just don't get very many..

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”