To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Best price-change sites? (Merged with CTC issue thread)

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Beadling Boy
Treebeard

Best price-change sites? (Merged with CTC issue thread)

Post by Beadling Boy »

What is the best FPL-related site(s) to monitor impeding player price rises / price decreases?

By best, I mean most accurate.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: Best price-change sites?

Post by Oxford NZ »

Fantasyfootballfix.com suits my needs OK.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Oxford NZ wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 21:11 Fantasyfootballfix.com suits my needs OK.

It did last season. fplstatistics is far more accurate this time though.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

FPLS (http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/) has long been the best imo. Nigel's been running it for the best part of a decade now and he freely displays his methodology in the pages linked on his site. And best of all it's completely open without any registration or anything.

The relatively new (and also mentioned above) FFF (https://www.fantasyfootballfix.com/price/) comes in a close second nowadays though and does have a handy if a bit simplistic 'price change time projection' column. But, they do rather unnecessarily require registration (involving you giving them your FPL password), the whole site is a bit commercial, and they show no methodology. Plus, they have a bit of a habit of announcing there's been an issue/rule change/unexpected event but then not actually doing anything about it. :lol:

Our very own CTC (see here) is some way back in the accuracy stakes unfortunately, but we do boast logged daily Net Transfer numbers and an explanation of how we currently understand how the price change system works, both of which I often find useful to refer to. :D

Beadling Boy
Treebeard

Post by Beadling Boy »

Thank you, gents. Much appreciated!

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

Stemania wrote: 11 Jan 2018, 21:23 The relatively new (and also mentioned above) FFF (https://www.fantasyfootballfix.com/price/) comes in a close second nowadays though and does have a handy if a bit simplistic 'price change time projection' column. But, they do rather unnecessarily require registration (involving you giving them your FPL password),
Same reason I avoid it.
fff.png
What complete nonsense :shock: - are they insane? Users certainly are if they freely give out email/password combos to random sites on the internet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Taksim_Red
Wideboy

Crack The Code last night (Firmino rise)

Post by Taksim_Red »

Two FT's this week. I've had DCL and Alli > Firmino and Lingard planned since Sunday.

I didn't want to do the transfer too early as I've been stung with next morning unexpected injuries already this season.

Therefore I've been checking Crack The Code regularly for price fluctuations.

Last night at approx 9pm, Firmino was on page 2 of the risers chart. Arguably I should've just brought him in there and then, but there seemed no way he was expected to reach 100%+ by midnight. So I held off.

Shock horror at 1:30am he suddenly rises from £9.1m > £9.2m. Without even reaching 100% or going 'blue' as it were.

Transfer plans were in tatters! I've brought him in now but had to downgrade Lingard to the Ox, or otherwise take a 4pt hit as I had no spare funds in the bank.

I'm consoling myself that Ox is still a bargain at £5.6m and should play a greater role now Coutinho has gone. But I'm still kicking myself over this.

What is wrong with Crack The Code? Is it not being maintained lately? I notice it's still the same names sitting in the risers section (100%+) since yesterday, yet none of them have actually gone up.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Re: Crack The Code last night (Firmino rise)

Post by Ruth_NZ »

http://www.fplstatistics.co.uk/

CTC is more of a record of transfers in and out than an accurate predictor of changes really.

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Crack The Code last night (Firmino rise)

Post by gallus »

CTC hasn't been working properly for over a year.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”