To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

West Ham's kinky fixtures

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

West Ham options

Post by Gambit »

Fresh from a great win against Chelsea and with a DGW just around the corner, what is the view on West Ham options?

Their fixtures are superb:

Arsenal (h) Stoke (a), Newcastle (h) Bournemouth (a), blank, DOUBLE, West Brom (h) Huddersfield (a) Bournemouth (h) Palace (h) Brighton (a) Watford (h)

that takes you all the way to GW24 - end of Feb!

I'm thinking of dropping the injured Ramsey for one of Lanzini, Arnie, Antontio, but struggling to decide.

Defenders and keeper could be excellent too.

The precarious position they are in should mean they have to play their best players without messing about too much, could be some real bargains.

Anybody else jumping in, and to who?

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Re: West Ham options

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Daniels > Ogbonna for me.
Perhaps WHU have turned a corner now, this could be the start of a good run of results/performances.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

TheBigLewandowski wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 19:40 Daniels > Ogbonna for me.
Perhaps WHU have turned a corner now, this could be the start of a good run of results/performances.
I'm looking at him too.

Basically think I will have a defender and a midfielder, and each has a choice of three:

Cresswell / Ogbonna / Masuaku

Arnie / Lanzini / Antonio

really can't decide between them, was your choice driven by budget or do you think Ogbonna is the best anyway?

Budhabhoy
Treebeard

Post by Budhabhoy »

Gambit wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 19:46
TheBigLewandowski wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 19:40 Daniels > Ogbonna for me.
I'm looking at him too.

Basically think I will have a defender and a midfielder, and each has a choice of three:

Cresswell / Ogbonna / Masuaku

Arnie / Lanzini / Antonio

really can't decide between them, was your choice driven by budget or do you think Ogbonna is the best anyway?
Masuaku looked a threat going forward getting good balls in the box and showing few nice touches against Chelski :!:

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

doesn't he play LB as well as creswell

jimwinn
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: nah

Post by jimwinn »

Antonio for me after the Arsenal game

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Lanzini is such a good player but, there' just no room for him in my squad. I will likely pick up Adrian if he appears nailed or Ogbonna/Cresswell. I think Arnautovic lacks the consistency and temperament to be a decent pick. Meanwhile Antonio is very injury prone and Ayew is again too hot and cold.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

I've gone for Adrian, kept a cleanie against Chelsea and did well against City so I imagine its his place to lose now.

Blue Fire
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blue Fire »

Masuaku has been playing LW as apparently WHU concede a lot through their left and Moyes wanted to add more protection on that side. Now that the fixtures have turned good will Moyes adopt a more offensive style and ditch Masuaku for an attacking player? Any WHU fans here who can share their thoughts on this?

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Can't see it personally re masuaku being dropped. He's been their most impressive player along with lanzini the last few weeks IMO. Against chelsea he'd get it deep in his own half and dribble his way to the chelsea 18 half the time. He's a gamble but a good gamble given he's OOP and 4.4 with reasonable fixtures

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

My problem is what happens when they play the lesser teams. These matches are right up Moyes street: sit back and hope to get a goal on the break from a set-piece etc; they can't do that against the lesser teams; can they?

I think snatching the first goal vs Chelsea made this easy for them to do at home, and they got their reward, or Chelsea suffered for not having enough tikka-takka up top. It was a match made for Pedro in a 3-4-3, imho, and he went with Fab in a 3-5-2.

Arsenal have been pants Away this season (https://footystats.org/england/premier- ... ague-table yep as good as Bournemouth), so they could\should get something tonight: but when they actually have to attack it could be a different story.

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

No Way Jose wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 07:29 Can't see it personally re masuaku being dropped. He's been their most impressive player along with lanzini the last few weeks IMO. Against chelsea he'd get it deep in his own half and dribble his way to the chelsea 18 half the time. He's a gamble but a good gamble given he's OOP and 4.4 with reasonable fixtures
I think he's going to be my Zeegelaar replacement for a -4 this GW. I did a bit of reading on a West Ham forum and they seem to like him a lot - no talk of him losing his place that I can see. A lot of FPL potential and his heat map is Alonso-esque. Works well with Creswell rather than competing with him. Great fixtures and the DGW. A risk worth taking, I believe.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Gambit wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 19:39 Their fixtures are superb:

Arsenal (h) Stoke (a), Newcastle (h) Bournemouth (a), blank, DOUBLE, West Brom (h) Huddersfield (a) Bournemouth (h) Palace (h) Brighton (a) Watford (h)
Nice, I've definitely got eyes on Antonio in case he keeps playing up top (doubtful with Hernandez/Carroll getting fit again?) and on Masuaku (if he keeps his relatively advanced place). I wonder what happens when Fonte/Collins are fit - does Cresswell move to the left pushing Masuaku out? Same worries as in the above posts I think. Ogbonna an option too at 4.3m, but I guess he's vulnerable to the same fate.

To avoid potential doubt I might instead add a GK for the DGW to replace the inevitably doomed Elliot, but if so will wait until nearer the time to see who that GK actually will be. :D

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

will be watching the game with interest tonight.

Cresswell is the best/safest option from the defence I think but his price reflects this, would like Masuaka to be nailed, he has looked very good recently.

From the midfielders I'm still undecided, the game tonight hopefully will help me decide.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Arnie and Masuaku were the two I brought in this GW, so delighted with their immediate returns although Arnie could've scored 4!!

They looked good West Ham (Stoke are awful it has to be said), Lanzini is a great choice too, I'm now deciding if it's overkill to double him with Arnie.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

And just to add, based on what I watched today, I think Arnie could be a very good C pick in GW19, especially if he misses the midweek cup game.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

I've opted for the benchable Ogbonna for now, but am almost certainly going to pass on the midfielders with the blank looming. They all look worth assessing in the mean time; for the double Arnautovic seems to be the popular one, any Lanzini fanciers out there? And has anyone got any views on Antonio in that striker role? Haven't had time to watch and his stats are really disappointing considering.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

Any suggestion Lanzini could be banned for diving?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Will bring one of them in next week for Richarlison I imagine. Had Arnie earmarked for him this week if he was ruled out, which is slightly annoying. Probably should have just chanced it and made the move anyway. Torn between Arnautovic and Lanzini though, feels a bit of a coin toss.

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

Notned wrote: 17 Dec 2017, 17:29 Will bring one of them in next week for Richarlison I imagine. Had Arnie earmarked for him this week if he was ruled out, which is slightly annoying. Probably should have just chanced it and made the move anyway. Torn between Arnautovic and Lanzini though, feels a bit of a coin toss.
I’m in the same boat regarding the coin toss. Leaning slightly towards Arnie.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

why is Arnie now flagged?! did great for me this week and now showing a calf injury.

I'm hoping this is just to remove him from the midweek cup game and keep him fresh for the weekend.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Gambit wrote: 17 Dec 2017, 21:52 why is Arnie now flagged?! did great for me this week and now showing a calf injury.

I'm hoping this is just to remove him from the midweek cup game and keep him fresh for the weekend.

He's a doubt for the Newcastle game according to Ben Dinnery.

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

Moyes: "Even at the end, Marko Arnautovic had a calf strain so we had to bring him off for Chicharito to go on the right as we ran out of midfield players, even with Declan Rice coming on."

http://www.football.london/west-ham-uni ... responsive

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Stemania wrote: 17 Dec 2017, 21:59 Moyes: "Even at the end, Marko Arnautovic had a calf strain so we had to bring him off for Chicharito to go on the right as we ran out of midfield players, even with Declan Rice coming on."

http://www.football.london/west-ham-uni ... responsive
thanks for that, doesn't sound so bad. He specifically referred to Noble now being injured twice but later on when talking about Arnie again and his work rate there was no mention of him working that hard he injured himself.

Fingers crossed it was because the game was won and no point making it worse, and gives him reason to not play him midweek. really don't want to have to take him straight out as I think he is going to do really well for Moyes, the way he is making him the key player.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

I’m going to pass on the midfielders, there are too many better options in that position and they seem to have decent options in reserve so will they really start both in the double? Plus you’re only a couple of injuries from fielding an incomplete team in GW21. They all look overpriced to me, WHU are still poor with a couple of recent flattering results. Ogbonna and the gk are of interest though.

Billy Bongo
FISO Knight

Post by Billy Bongo »

Lol at running put of midfielders, is that because he's got 4 strikers benched

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

profart
Treebeard

Post by profart »

Valeron wrote: 18 Dec 2017, 06:03 I’m going to pass on the midfielders, there are too many better options in that position and they seem to have decent options in reserve so will they really start both in the double? Plus you’re only a couple of injuries from fielding an incomplete team in GW21. They all look overpriced to me, WHU are still poor with a couple of recent flattering results. Ogbonna and the gk are of interest though.
Any particular reason why Masuaku is not being considered? OOP and playing well. Looks likelier to get attacking returns, if any.

Valeron
FISOhead

Post by Valeron »

I agree on Masuaku, but I think centre backs are the least likely to be rotated apart from the gk in GW22 so am 50/50 on him and Ogbonna. Adrian looks a no-brainer if he's looking like keeping his place. I personally think the West Ham midfielders are bad buys....overpriced, blank in GW21, take up a valuable mfd spot and strong chance of reduced minutes in GW22.

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Hmm an Arnie injury could make my decision this week slightly easier, although I'd just about decided on him over Lanzini..

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

Lanzini has been charged by the FA for diving.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”