To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DGW22 Kane TC

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Will you use your TC chip on Kane for the coming DGW?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 147

Coop13
Red & Blue Braces

Re: DGW22 Kane TC

Post by Coop13 »

10 points is the bare minimum I'd accept for a TC in a DGW... assuming he starts the next game, 1 goal + 3 bonus is all he'll need for me to be content. A brace and 14 points would be a good return. If he somehow pulls another hat trick out of his bum then it'll have been a great success.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Coop13 wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 22:40... assuming he starts the next game...
On the other hand...

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

😭

swadd1er
Dumbledore

Post by swadd1er »

The way I’m looking at it is...

On the basis that we get the larger double gameweek later on in the season and I use my bench boost for that, I would be using the TC chip on a player with a single gameweek. More than likely on Kane/Aguero against a side in the bottom half of the table at home.

So i’m treating this game Kane has at home against West Ham as the single match and the 3 points from today’s game as extra.

As positive as I can view this at the moment. Hopefully he starts on Thursday and bags a few.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Regardless what he does in the West Ham game, TCing Kane was the wrong decision (unless you were going to TC him for the second game alone). Why do it if it's possible you might not be able to avail both games?

froog
FISOhead

Post by froog »

*smugpost*

i triple captained kane in GW7. 39 points.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 23:10 Regardless what he does in the West Ham game, TCing Kane was the wrong decision (unless you were going to TC him for the second game alone). Why do it if it's possible you might not be able to avail both games?

Thanks Captain Hindsight.

Jason Bourne
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Jason Bourne »

Kane looked quite sharp and was unlucky not to get an assist. He'll probably haul against West Ham.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Owsler wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 23:22
SirMattBugsby wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 23:10 Regardless what he does in the West Ham game, TCing Kane was the wrong decision (unless you were going to TC him for the second game alone). Why do it if it's possible you might not be able to avail both games?

Not trying to be like that. But I didn't get the logic behind considering the DGW a golden opportunity and at the same time taking the risk with his fitness.

I personally agreed that the DGW is a good opportunity to use the TC, better than loading up with WHU players anyway. Just don't put it on Kane, put it on Eriksen or Alli or even Son. Maybe that's because I'm looking at it in a different, more risk-free, less explosive way but one which has better probability of tripling atleast 1-2 attacking returns.

As of now, the Kane TC is reduced to a SGW+3.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

froog wrote: *smugpost*

No, 13 points. And that's a below-par score for the TC, sorry and all that. :?

kingofpop
Treebeard

Post by kingofpop »

I TC Mane in gameweek 2 and he had 8(24) points than....a goal with no bonus....but i never understood how i did it, i did not press the button TC :d :d :d i thinkg the game bugged and made the TC alone :D :D

it was really fun, i saw that Mane is TC after he scored the goal

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

So let's say one manager was prepared to just TC Kane for the West Ham game alone, and hence gives Kane the TC in GW22 purely on that basis.

Then another manager isn't prepared to give Kane the TC for the West Ham game alone, but this manager believes that Kane has a decent chance of playing a part in the Swansea game and hence gives Kane the TC in GW22 due to the fact that he thinks Kane will start twice.

So both managers TC Kane, but by your logic, one of them is making the right decision and one of them is making the wrong decision, even though they are both making the same decision. Is that right?

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

froog wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 23:13 *smugpost*

Lol

Football Hero
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Football Hero »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 23:34

Not trying to be like that. But I didn't get the logic behind considering the DGW a golden opportunity and at the same time taking the risk with his fitness.

I personally agreed that the DGW is a good opportunity to use the TC, better than loading up with WHU players anyway. Just don't put it on Kane, put it on Eriksen or Alli or even Son. Maybe that's because I'm looking at it in a different, more risk-free, less explosive way but one which has better probability of tripling atleast 1-2 attacking returns.

So you don't think Kane will get 1 or 2 attacking returns in the West Ham game? It's well within the realms of possibility for Kane to get 1 or 2 attacking returns from this gameweek still, and so therefore he would be an appropriate TC candidate as per your rationale that I have bolded above.

Firstly you aren't making an awful lot of sense with your logic imo. Secondly you make it seem like Kane's gameweek is over when it is far from over, particularly in the mind of a manager such as yourself that is supposedly only looking to triple 1.5 attacking returns. Kane is your man still, he can easily achieve what you require for your TC, but you are implying that others have made a mistake in choosing him as their TC...

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Football Hero wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 00:34
So you don't think Kane will get 1 or 2 attacking returns in the West Ham game? It's well within the realms of possibility for Kane to get 1 or 2 attacking returns from this gameweek still, and so therefore he would be an appropriate TC candidate as per your rationale that I have bolded above.

Firstly you aren't making an awful lot of sense with your logic imo. Secondly you make it seem like Kane's gameweek is over when it is far from over, particularly in the mind of a manager such as yourself that is supposedly only looking to triple 1.5 attacking returns. Kane is your man still, he can easily achieve what you require for your TC, but you are implying that others have made a mistake in choosing him as their TC...
I said in my original post that my point stands unless you are TCing him for the WHU game alone. In which case, fair enough, go ahead.

Kane might score a hattrick against West Ham, he might blank. But the probability of getting at least 1-2 attacking returns lies with the player who starts the extra game, especially when that game is against Swansea. Eriksen and Alli have one attacking return each already, plus the extra CS point, plus the extra goal point for Alli.

The Kane TC is essentially for one game, and along with it comes the risk of TCing any other week. That risk was what the DGW was minimizing, at the same time giving the points for extra start too. Kane TCers have deprived themselves of those easy, risk-free points.

Additionally, if Kane does score a hattrick, chances of assists from Alli and Eriksen are decent. So apart from the extra game, they have involvement in Kane's goals as well. Now if one of them doesn't start the next game, I'll accept I was wrong.

I'm not trying to say Eriksen and Alli will necessarily score more points than Kane. Kane might end up with a hattie and 17*3+3=54 points and Eriksen, 36 or something. But Kane might also end up with 2*3+3=9 points. Eriksen and Alli are past that, thanks to the 'double' gameweek.

It's the classical "more probability of scoring" vs "probability of scoring more" debate. My take was that a DGW against easy opposition catered to both, which is why TC was such a good option. But with Kane's illness, the former reduced. The celling was still there (although not the dizzying heights of 100 we were expecting) but the floor sunk.

Which left Alli and Eriksen, and the question, "I am very likely to get minimum 3+6 points from either of them. Would I like to double them or triple them?" In a risk-averse, slightly pessimistic and burned-by-captaincy-choices fashion, I went for the latter.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Football Hero wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 00:22
So let's say one manager was prepared to just TC Kane for the West Ham game alone, and hence gives Kane the TC in GW22 purely on that basis.

Then another manager isn't prepared to give Kane the TC for the West Ham game alone, but this manager believes that Kane has a decent chance of playing a part in the Swansea game and hence gives Kane the TC in GW22 due to the fact that he thinks Kane will start twice.

So both managers TC Kane, but by your logic, one of them is making the right decision and one of them is making the wrong decision, even though they are both making the same decision. Is that right?
Yes, one manager has accepted the possibility that the reports he's hearing might be true, and even after taking that possibility into account, wants to TC Kane. While the other is just hoping and "believing". Unless the second guy is Kane's doctor, I'm not sure what grounds he has for thinking he'll start twice in 3 days.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Coop13
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Coop13 »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 02 Jan 2018, 23:34

To be fair, Kane TCers have only missed out on 3 guaranteed points so far (the extra point for playing 60 mins x 3... and that's assuming he didn't pick up a yellow card with his increased playing time). Who's to say that even if Kane played the full 90 tonight that he would have scored? I TCed Aguero in a DGW last year when he had 2 home fixtures against cellar-dwellars and he only delivered 9 points.

Kane's illness added risk to TCing him this week no doubt. But TCing a player in any DGW where the 2 games are only separated by a few days carries risk. Salah or Sterling or Aguero or whoever people TC later on in the year, when Champions League and FA Cup matches are clogging up the schedule and Man City have already wrapped up the league title, could be just as prone to rotation. Salah, Sterling, Aguero and Hazard have all been benched at times this year already.

Have to wait and see what Kane does vs. West Ham. If he's benched again then yeah, it's a disaster. If he scores a hit trick then it'll be a big win.

Let's face it: the Triple Captain chip isn't that important anyway. If you TC a player who scores 6 points (big loss) while most others regular captain him (much like Kane this week [potentially]), and the crowd TCs a player later on who scores 16 points (big win) while you regular captain him, you've only lost out on 10 points. Enough to be annoying, but hardly a season-defining fail in the grand scheme.
Last edited by Coop13 on 03 Jan 2018, 05:54, edited 1 time in total.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Nothing worse than an obnoxious "I told you so" guy. Would be nowhere to be seen if Kane scored this morning or even if he got the assist he deserved

yeboah
Grumpy Old Man

Post by yeboah »

Not looking good atm,but im confident he can get a few points tomorrow - its made it worse that my SL rival captained Alli and i slipped to 2nd.

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

Coop13 wrote:Have to wait and see what Kane does vs. West Ham. If he's benched again then yeah, it's a disaster. If he scores a hit trick then it'll be a big win.

Nope. 18 tripled is a par score for the TC. Anything less than 15 is a fail. 21 or better and you have done well with it.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 06:55
Coop13 wrote:Have to wait and see what Kane does vs. West Ham. If he's benched again then yeah, it's a disaster. If he scores a hit trick then it'll be a big win.

Nope. 18 tripled is a par score for the TC. Anything less than 15 is a fail. 21 or better and you have done well with it.
Probably true, but as you can see the difference between fail and success is just 6 points, so it's really the least valuable chip in the game.

I guess in the most extreme scenario Kane blanks against West Ham while another TC candidate scores about 30 points. But I don't think it's likely. I think it's likely that difference will be a lot smaller.

Also it should be factored in whether Kane DGW22 TCers are able to play other chips more effectively during the main DGWs now that TC is out of the way.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

I am a cr#p manager but imo a prime midfield player in a double GW gets one more point per goal, makes more use of the team value and can get CS points into the bargain.
Hazard, Salah, maybe Sanchez and others have a higher points potential over two matches than a prime striker like Kane. I could still TC Kane later in the season but more likely one of the others.
Prime Midfield DGW - 2 appearances (4 points), 1 goal (5 points), two assists (6 points), Bonus points (2 +2 points) one clean sheet (1 point) = 20 points
Prime Striker DGW - 2 appearances (4 points), 2 goals (8 points), one assist (3 points), Bonus points (2+2 points), no clean sheets = 19 points
I am aiming for Hazard (a n other) to score 1 goal over two games, get two assists and Chelsea to keep one clean sheet over two games plus some bonus points to hit the target.
Kane could well hit 2 against WHU and even if he hits one it will make my game week feel poor. Good luck and stay fit Harry I will buy you back soon.

Tall Paul
Dumbledore

Post by Tall Paul »

It's alright Kane TC'ers, he's more likely to score a hat trick against West Ham now, after blanking last night.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Oxford NZ wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 07:34 I am a cr#p manager but imo a prime midfield player in a double GW gets one more point per goal, makes more use of the team value and can get CS points into the bargain.
Hazard, Salah, maybe Sanchez and others have a higher points potential over two matches than a prime striker like Kane. I could still TC Kane later in the season but more likely one of the others.
Prime Midfield DGW - 2 appearances (4 points), 1 goal (5 points), two assists (6 points), Bonus points (2 +2 points) one clean sheet (1 point) = 20 points
Prime Striker DGW - 2 appearances (4 points), 2 goals (8 points), one assist (3 points), Bonus points (2+2 points), no clean sheets = 19 points
I am aiming for Hazard (a n other) to score 1 goal over two games, get two assists and Chelsea to keep one clean sheet over two games plus some bonus points to hit the target.
Kane could well hit 2 against WHU and even if he hits one it will make my game week feel poor. Good luck and stay fit Harry I will buy you back soon.
Yet this season you have captained a midfielder 6 times and a forward 16 times!

If you really think midfielders are so much better captains, why do you keep captaining forwards for a vast majority of times?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Finisher1 wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 07:40

If you really think midfielders are so much better captains, why do you keep captaining forwards for a vast majority of times?
Because I am a cr@p manager and play with the heart rather than the head. :)
TC will be played more rationally though.

Finisher1
Dumbledore

Post by Finisher1 »

Oxford NZ wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 07:45

Fair enough.

I guess it would be polite to say "Good luck with your TC mate", but since I'm a Kane TCer and quite a noisy one, I think no one would believe in my sincerity if I said that! :lol:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Finisher1 wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 07:54
Oxford NZ wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 07:45

Fair enough.

I guess it would be polite to say "Good luck with your TC mate", but since I'm a Kane TCer and quite a noisy one, I think no one would believe in my sincerity if I said that! :lol:
I have said in another thread that I hope Harry has a good game at WHU and stays fit because he is in my plans to buy him back soon. He is not in my team for the DGW and I made punt on Aguero ( a forward) to out score him this week. I also wanted Aguero in my team and needed to justify the price hence the Captain. This is only my first full season of playing so captain choices are only now being analysed and put out there to be debated.
Good luck with Kane at WHU I hope he can get passed the bus.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

posted on wrong thread

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 01:34
Football Hero wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 00:34

I said in my original post that my point stands unless you are TCing him for the WHU game alone. In which case, fair enough, go ahead.

Kane might score a hattrick against West Ham, he might blank. But the probability of getting at least 1-2 attacking returns lies with the player who starts the extra game, especially when that game is against Swansea. Eriksen and Alli have one attacking return each already, plus the extra CS point, plus the extra goal point for Alli.

The Kane TC is essentially for one game, and along with it comes the risk of TCing any other week. That risk was what the DGW was minimizing, at the same time giving the points for extra start too. Kane TCers have deprived themselves of those easy, risk-free points.

Additionally, if Kane does score a hattrick, chances of assists from Alli and Eriksen are decent. So apart from the extra game, they have involvement in Kane's goals as well. Now if one of them doesn't start the next game, I'll accept I was wrong.

I'm not trying to say Eriksen and Alli will necessarily score more points than Kane. Kane might end up with a hattie and 17*3+3=54 points and Eriksen, 36 or something. But Kane might also end up with 2*3+3=9 points. Eriksen and Alli are past that, thanks to the 'double' gameweek.

It's the classical "more probability of scoring" vs "probability of scoring more" debate. My take was that a DGW against easy opposition catered to both, which is why TC was such a good option. But with Kane's illness, the former reduced. The celling was still there (although not the dizzying heights of 100 we were expecting) but the floor sunk.

Which left Alli and Eriksen, and the question, "I am very likely to get minimum 3+6 points from either of them. Would I like to double them or triple them?" In a risk-averse, slightly pessimistic and burned-by-captaincy-choices fashion, I went for the latter.
Blimey you do go on a bit.
It's just a calculated risk like so many decisions in fantasy football. You calculated it wasn't worth it, many of us calculated otherwise. That's it.

Coop13
Red & Blue Braces

Post by Coop13 »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 03 Jan 2018, 06:55

Good luck trying to get that. Salah is the highest averaging regular starter with 8.0 PPG. So you need Salah to exceed his current average by 30% or better twice in a few days for you to have done well? While avoiding rotation, injury and/or sluggish form due to tiredness. It's entirely possible but it should hardly be the expectation for a well used chip.

I know Sanchez ripped out a 27 last year when everyone TCed him so expectations for it would be high once again this year, but I don't know... I'd be content just getting 6x my player's PPG and going from there. Kane probably does need at least a brace vs. West Ham for it to not be a fail, but surely a hat-trick and a banked score of 18 from your TC has to be seen as a win?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”