To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Let's Talk Man Utd Assets

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Re: Let's Talk Man Utd Assets

Post by Stemania »

blahblah wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 11:55
Stemania wrote: 19 Dec 2017, 10:49
Price is protected until 25th Dec, so no rush at least.
Is that certain? I'm pants at that stuff.

Yep (modulo FPL inconsistancy).

cesc408
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cesc408 »

Bought Smalling in this week for some defensive cover. Tempted to double up with Jones

The Username
Grumpy Old Man

Post by The Username »

Strongly considering doing Morata :arrow: Rooneny and 4.5 :arrow: Pogba and switching to 3-5-2.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Watching the game last night and again impressed with Lingard, got an assist and only a few inches away from another double digit haul - which would have been his 4th in the last six games :shock:

They lost so much energy when they took him off, looks like he is one of the first names on the team sheet and is the 1st choice number 10.

Was planning on Pogba for this excellent run of game but at almost 2m cheaper I think Lingard is the way I will go.

First Sub Podcast
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Twitter @TheFirstSub_FPL

Post by First Sub Podcast »

Pogba in this GW for me. 7.9 is decent season long value

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Lingard gets a bit of a Christmas rest and still gets a double digit haul - that's 4 in his last 7 games!

not just the best United attacking option, but looks to be the best budget option now across the board. Outside of the usual suspects - Salah, Sterling, Coutinho, etc, he is as good a bet for points as any midfielder!

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

I am glad I got rid of Lukaku this week, having had him all season. What has happened to him?! Glad I brought in Lingard!

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

Best move I've made so far getting Lingard in GW17. Makes the game more fun.

kingofpop
Treebeard

Post by kingofpop »

Rojo gets his 5tf yellow, well he should be suspended for next game, right ?????? in tha fantasy he is not red and thats why i am asking.....i am considering of Mee--->Lindelof but Lindelof will start only if Rojo is suspended

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

The Stadium must be worth a few quid.

sstaffsw
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sstaffsw »

Annoyed that Lingard went up in price overnight. Priced out of bringing him in by 0.1m.

Panserjohan
Treebeard
FS Record: Started 2007

Post by Panserjohan »

I`m going Jones -> Alonso. Keeping DdG

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Lionel Jesse again in the points and but for a superb save it would've been another double digit haul.

Best attacking option at United and still just 6.1m, Stoke at home next :)

FatRonaldo
Wideboy
FS Record: Mini league contender

Post by FatRonaldo »

Gambit wrote: 01 Jan 2018, 19:50 Lionel Jesse again in the points and but for a superb save it would've been another double digit haul.

Best attacking option at United and still just 6.1m, Stoke at home next :)
Looks a tempting option for Son once the GW is over and we know who is still standing ..

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Just read some chat about Lingard in the DGW 22 HIT MISS thread and thought I was best asking here.

I thought Pogba was good value at 7.9 but do people feel he can match his returns? If so he's a great enabler at 6.2. Was going to switch Eriksen (post double gameweek) to Pogba but the difference would allow me to do Morata to Aguero plus a decent defensive upgrade.

I've already had pogba twice - post injury and post 3 match ban - so want to consider this option before I try a third time around.

Pulpy
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Pulpy »

Mata has now started the last six Premier League games and only been subbed once. If that game time continues don't be surprised if he turns out to be the pick of the United midfielders, priced only 6.8 million currently.

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

Pulpy wrote: 04 Jan 2018, 17:39 Mata has now started the last six Premier League games and only been subbed once. If that game time continues don't be surprised if he turns out to be the pick of the United midfielders, priced only 6.8 million currently.
Oh no there's a third way :shock:
What a minefield....

Kevlar
Wideboy

Post by Kevlar »

Victor Lindelöf has started 7 of the last 11 for United, although part of that is due to defensive reshuffles with injuries to Valencia, Jones and a suspension for Young.
At €35m he's a very expensive squad player for United, so do we think there's a good chance of him getting a longer run in the team now that he is getting up to speed?

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: On the Iron Throne of xG, the seat of The Crown Prince of the Stat Perverts. Or if not, in the STC!
FS Record: Best: TFF 321st. FPL 129th. FFS Career HoF Peak 2nd (Live 1st). Ability since lost.

Post by Stemania »

Kevlar wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 09:19 Victor Lindelöf has started 7 of the last 11 for United, although part of that is due to defensive reshuffles with injuries to Valencia, Jones and a suspension for Young.
At €35m he's a very expensive squad player for United, so do we think there's a good chance of him getting a longer run in the team now that he is getting up to speed?
It looks to me like Lindelöf's very much just been covering those injuries. He's played a mixture of CB and RB recently an both the regular players in those positions are apparently returning. Jones is clear first choice CB, and Smalling has been the recent regular pick alongside him (and was fit enough for the bench last game). Valencia is apparently due back imminently as well (probably best to see press conference today for update) so both options for Lindelöf could soon be doomed. There's also Rojo should Smalling still be struggling too, so I'd avoid at all costs tbh.

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Lindelof is behind jones, bailly (when fit), rojo and smalling. In that order for me when all fit and firing

Shaw is more interesting to me as he will be our number 1 LB if he can stay fit. More of a wait and see though

Stemania
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Stemania »

No Way Jose wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 09:51 Shaw is more interesting to me as he will be our number 1 LB if he can stay fit. More of a wait and see though
4.9m is a crazy price if he can stay fit and in the team!

Though is Danny Rose not fairly inevitable at some point?

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Stemania wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 10:01
No Way Jose wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 09:51 Shaw is more interesting to me as he will be our number 1 LB if he can stay fit. More of a wait and see though
4.9m is a crazy price if he can stay fit and in the team!

Though is Danny Rose not fairly inevitable at some point?
Strong chance. Jose will be wise to buy a LB regardless of shaws form til the end of the season, but I think Shaw has the potential to be a great LB if he can manage a decent period without any injury

Most likely young becomes a floater playing RB when Valencia needs a rest and LB the rest of the time with Shaw playing roughly half of the games

I personally hope we don't go for Rose though

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Lingard has been storming up the xG charts lately, those that got on board early, was there some change in his game that you saw?

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man

Post by No Way Jose »

Gametime mostly and playing centrally. In the past he has been quite erratic with his shooting but seems to be quite assured in his place in the team now. His relationship with Pogba is fantastic and is the main key to his scoring. Watching him play he's always on the move, especially when Pogba has the ball as he knows he is good enough to find him

OIEIAO
FISOhead

Post by OIEIAO »

At 8m is Pogba > Martial? Planning to bring one in.

Martial seems explosive and is obviously in great form but could be rotated whereas Pogba appears guaranteed his place even if he sometimes ends up playing more defensively.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Pogba will play all the time, Martial won't, although he really should.

Martial also far more likely to be subbed early.

Pogba could be forced a bit deeper more often with the Sanchez arrival.

Next two games offer perfect scenarios to watch as you have tough away game followed by easy home game, so should be great opportunity to see what JM plans to do.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Will the arrival of Sanchéz affect Lingard's minutes?
Who is most likely to miss out?

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Matic-Pogba
Lingard Sanchez Martial (all 3 interchanging)
.........Lukaku

that's the strongest line up, from the above Lukaku/Pogba/Sanchez/Matic are by far the safest, when Mata/Rashford come in it will more likely be for Lingard/Martial.

That's also how it looks taking into account who didn't start on Friday night.

Mata never plays against the big teams, a total of 8 minutes so far this season v City/Spurs/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal, and Rashford has been rotating with Martial.

BUT, when the CL starts again it's not out of the question that JM may rest one of Lukaku/Pogba/Sanchez/Matic, and for some games Herrera will join Pogba/Matic meaning there is just one spot left to join Lukaku/Sanchez.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Gambit wrote: 28 Jan 2018, 12:58 Matic-Pogba
Lingard Sanchez Martial (all 3 interchanging)
.........Lukaku

that's the strongest line up, from the above Lukaku/Pogba/Sanchez/Matic are by far the safest, when Mata/Rashford come in it will more likely be for Lingard/Martial.

That's also how it looks taking into account who didn't start on Friday night.

Mata never plays against the big teams, a total of 8 minutes so far this season v City/Spurs/Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal, and Rashford has been rotating with Martial.

BUT, when the CL starts again it's not out of the question that JM may rest one of Lukaku/Pogba/Sanchez/Matic, and for some games Herrera will join Pogba/Matic meaning there is just one spot left to join Lukaku/Sanchez.
and that's the team that starts, just a case of seeing who plays where.

expect Rashford and Mata v Huddersfield at the weekend

carver
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Top 50k last 4 seasons . Mr Consistent

Post by carver »

I don't see them resting Lukaku for a league game personally

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”