To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Well apart from Salah. Which other Liverpool midfielder is worth picking

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Well apart from Salah. Which other Liverpool midfielder is worth picking

Post by owenclass »

Well im thinking of doing two Liverpool midfielders in my team as i have Salah. So who to choose between Mane, Coutinho, Lallana and Oxlade as the attacking players

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Re: Well apart from Salah. Which other Liverpool midfielder is worth picking

Post by Zimmerman »

If money isn’t an issue, Lallana and Ox should be ignored.

kingofpop
Treebeard

Post by kingofpop »

Coutinho of course, Mane looks in not good contention and will be a rotation risk during the Cristmas period

math!
Dumbledore
FS Record: Yes

Post by math! »

Coutinho seems to be the popular choice and can be played in the trident or in midfield making a bit more rotation proof.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

kingofpop wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 23:28 Coutinho of course, Mane looks in not good contention and will be a rotation risk during the Cristmas period

As will Coutinho.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

math! wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 23:54 Coutinho seems to be the popular choice and can be played in the trident or in midfield making a bit more rotation proof.
that's a very good point about Coutinho having two ways into the team, was thinking I would avoid the double up due to rotation but might look again.

do like Mane but he looks the most fragile, Klopp protecting him quite a lot at the moment.

Madridsta
Treebeard

Post by Madridsta »

Picked Mane over Salah few weeks ago and that decision has pretty wrecked my season :(

wibble_mcwoo
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Meh. Best c. 3,000th; usually in the 10,000's these days

Post by wibble_mcwoo »

They'll all be rested including Coutinho. If I had the readies, it would be him, but if I were going for one, I'm more tempted to go for someone who's just been rested rather than chasing points.

Kuchi
FISOhead
FS Record: Best: 16/17- 481

Post by Kuchi »

Feel it is almost a case of how to fit another in. Salah, Hazard, City mid, GroB/Richarlison is standard enough. Maybe if you have a super cheap defence.

yttod1010
FISOhead

Post by yttod1010 »

im going for firmino :shock:

owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Post by owenclass »

Well it looks like Coutinho then
Last edited by owenclass on 04 Dec 2017, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.

owenclass
Grumpy Old Man

Post by owenclass »

Mane, Coutinho and Salah would be a great midfield in my fantasy team

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

seeing lots of teams going for the Liverpool double up.

Thinking of it myself now, but struggling to split Firmino and Coutinho (already have Salah).

Have ruled out Mane on the basis I think he will be protected the most, Coutinho looks sensational at the moment but I'm happy with my midfield and there are loads of other great options anyway. Firmino appeals because the striking options are still pretty poor generally and after the premiums he looks the next best - perhaps better than some of the premiums?

Only thing bothering me is the rotation factor, how often will Sane/Mane/Firmino/Salah all feature from now until January, but is the Liverpool attacking form so good that rotational risks can be ignored like they were with City early season?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Just doubled up myself, adding Coutinho to Salah. Sure there will be slight rotation, but as with City they are all well capable of points even if only making a cameo off the bench. I'd say it's very rare that any won't feature at all, but just make sure your bench is okay just in case!

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Notned wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 19:16 Just doubled up myself, adding Coutinho to Salah. Sure there will be slight rotation, but as with City they are all well capable of points even if only making a cameo off the bench. I'd say it's very rare that any won't feature at all, but just make sure your bench is okay just in case!
I agree, Im going to double up I think.

Just like City they won't continue smashing teams all season, but may as well try and take advantage of this hot streak. The other advantage is that as Salah has become so highly owned I don't really gain any ground with him, in fact, I lose out if I don't captain him and the masses do!?!

Did you consider Mane & Firmino, or was it always going to be Coutinho for you?

Notned
FISO Knight

Post by Notned »

Gambit wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 19:23
Notned wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 19:16 Just doubled up myself, adding Coutinho to Salah. Sure there will be slight rotation, but as with City they are all well capable of points even if only making a cameo off the bench. I'd say it's very rare that any won't feature at all, but just make sure your bench is okay just in case!

Just like City they won't continue smashing teams all season, but may as well try and take advantage of this hot streak. The other advantage is that as Salah has become so highly owned I don't really gain any ground with him, in fact, I lose out if I don't captain him and the masses do!?!

I'm playing 3-5-2 at the moment with Kane/Morata so Firmino wasn't really an option for me. He probably would have been the one if I had three up front though. Mane I really like, but couldn't quite stretch. To be honest I think you can't really go far wrong with any of them, they'll all score well I'd imagine, just hard to predict which one will in any given week.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Notned wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 19:36
Gambit wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 19:23

I'm playing 3-5-2 at the moment with Kane/Morata so Firmino wasn't really an option for me. He probably would have been the one if I had three up front though. Mane I really like, but couldn't quite stretch. To be honest I think you can't really go far wrong with any of them, they'll all score well I'd imagine, just hard to predict which one will in any given week.
that's a fair assessment I think.

On a purely player v player basis, I'd favour Coutinho, especially if he now has penalties in addition to free kicks, corners etc :D

but whereas you are happy with your strikers, I'm happy with my midfield, and also happy with the multitude of different options that are available if anything changes.

up front? I've had so much messing about with the strikers that I'd gladly play a 3-7-0 if FPL allowed it, my hope is that Firmino could provide some stability and I just leave him there this entire festive period safe in the knowledge he should be in the points when he plays.

no price rises due tonight I don't think, so another night to sleep on it.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

I think I'm going to shift Sane for Coutinho.

Hotstepper
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Reasonable

Post by Hotstepper »

If Milner now comes in for Moreno he probably resumes penalty duties. Thought occurred to me just as I was enjoying discovering Coutinho had taken a penalty v Spartak

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

Hotstepper wrote: 08 Dec 2017, 06:42 If Milner now comes in for Moreno he probably resumes penalty duties. Thought occurred to me just as I was enjoying discovering Coutinho had taken a penalty v Spartak
Coutinho took a confident penalty vs Spartak.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Don't be ridiculous. Robertson will come in for Moreno and will also resume penalty duties. Choo choo

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

If Cout is off to Spain, why should Klippity Rotatey him?

Turd Ferguson
FISOhead

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Gambit wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 19:53
up front? I've had so much messing about with the strikers that I'd gladly play a 3-7-0 if FPL allowed it, my hope is that Firmino could provide some stability and I just leave him there this entire festive period safe in the knowledge he should be in the points when he plays.
Agreed. I've gone with Hazard and a Chelsea defensive double up rather than Morata, so it was basically a choice between Vardy and Firmino for my second striker. I've gone Firmino and I think he'll score well despite the occasional rotation.

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

Barcelona will be picking Coutinho in Jan

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

blahblah wrote: 08 Dec 2017, 09:07 If Cout is off to Spain, why should Klippity Rotatey him?
He's off in summer.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

SUZYKINS wrote: 08 Dec 2017, 09:15 Barcelona will be picking Coutinho in Jan
LFC hold all the cards and are not getting Keita until summer. Why would they sell him in winter halfway through the season? I remember saying here earlier Coutinho will not go until next summer, like the Suarez situation. That won't change either.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

ZeroRemorse wrote: 08 Dec 2017, 09:15
blahblah wrote: 08 Dec 2017, 09:07 If Cout is off to Spain, why should Klippity Rotatey him?
He's off in summer.
Apparently\allegedly refused to confirm that he will be at Anfield next season: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... ol-future/ via BBC Gossip page.

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

It's not his decision, it's the clubs, he signed a contract. So if Klopp says 'sorry, you're here until summer' then that's that. Unless some breakthrough happens with Leipzig and Keita.
'

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

But Keita is more of a Can replacement?

ZeroRemorse
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ZeroRemorse »

The point I was making is, it's virtually impossible for LFC to let Coutinho go when they don't have someone else of quality coming in. They make a lot of daft decisions but they're not that daft to sabotage themselves halfway through the season by letting one of their best assets go.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”