To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Chelsea - Harata/Mozard, or just the one?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Are you going blue?

Poll ended at 25 Dec 2017, 10:12

Hazard+Morata
41%
Just Hazard
21%
Just Morata
28%
Something else Chelsea
6%
Nothing from the King's Road
5%

Total votes: 101

Notned
FISO Knight

Re: Chelsea - Harata/Mozard, or just the one?

Post by Notned »

Yep, I'd toyed with the idea of removing him (possibly for Lacazette), but on reflection I might just bench him and play Depoitre this week. Not the worst stand in, and the two home fixtures to follow this week look great, assuming he isn't dropped as punishment?

gallus
Grumpy Old Man

Post by gallus »

TheCrystalBall wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 22:31
gallus wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 22:14
Stemania wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 22:01 Morata suspended for the weekend after picking up 5th yellow tonight.
I'm done with him. I'm switching to 3-5-2. Morata :arrow: KDB
I actually think he’s a hold now as he’s almost certain to play the next 2 home games against Stoke and Brighton
Maybe, but I have enough of him. He has what, 3 goals in 2 months? That's pathetic for a premium striker.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Cantonascollar1 wrote: 20 Dec 2017, 22:04 Hazard will end up being a false 9 again. Not good news for us Hazard owners, he'll be assisting the assisters again.
I agree, and it's got me considering Hazard out for a City mid, is that lunacy?

My thinking is that Everton away will be a very tough game anyway, and Hazard doesn't look as dangerous without Morata.

Add in that Hazard could very easily be benched for one of Brighton/Stoke (word from the FFS mole is that he will be), and I can't see how he can match the City mids over the next few GW's.

I'm aware that the likes of Sterling/KDB may very well only play 2 of the next 3 games, but such is their form and attacking power that Bournemouth, Newcastle, Palace could be destroyed, and City players also have a proven record this season of points from the bench.

Just see far more points in the City players than I do in Hazard.

Owsler
Dumbledore

Post by Owsler »

I also agree re Hazard.

I was looking at upgrading Richarlison or L-C to Sterling, but need to shift a Premium striker to do it and that'll cost me a -8. KDB in for Hazard would only be a -4.

I'm still not sure about Pep's mind when it comes to rotation though.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Owsler wrote: 21 Dec 2017, 18:27 I also agree re Hazard.

I was looking at upgrading Richarlison or L-C to Sterling, but need to shift a Premium striker to do it and that'll cost me a -8. KDB in for Hazard would only be a -4.

I'm still not sure about Pep's mind when it comes to rotation though.
that was a similar situation I found myself in, funding City mids via a striker sale. But getting the cash from Hazard is another way, and the more I looks the safer it seems.

As for Pep and rotation, I think a large % of the premium players will only get 2 full games from the Christmas fixtures, from all the teams.

I think the safest popular picks are Kane, Eriksen - because of the blank obviously, Pogba, Lukaku, DDG, Otamendi, and I reckon the Morata ban should make him fairly safe for GW20/21.

The likes of Sterling, Sane, Coutinho, Firmino, KDB, Hazard, Mane, Jones, Alonso, Lacazette, Jesus, Aguero, I wouldn't bet on them getting all three, and I even think Salah might get a bit of a rest :shock:

19Yorke
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15/16: 11k
16/17: 7k
17/18: 2766

Post by 19Yorke »

Agree with the above and very tempted by a Hazard :arrow: KdB for a -4.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

19Yorke wrote: 21 Dec 2017, 20:15 Agree with the above and very tempted by a Hazard :arrow: KdB for a -4.
fairly certain I will lose Hazard to fund City mid, have looked at all my options and can't see a better way.

the other option is just to ignore them, but Bournemouth have got half the team missing, would anybody be shocked if it finished 6-0? and looking at the fixtures over this period I'd rather miss Hazard than City. Any City hauls, and many will be captained, will be like a dagger through the heart.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Notned wrote:Yep, I'd toyed with the idea of removing him (possibly for Lacazette), but on reflection I might just bench him and play Depoitre this week. Not the worst stand in, and the two home fixtures to follow this week look great, assuming he isn't dropped as punishment?
Morata being dropped as punishment seems unlikely. I'm sure Conte is annoyed with the idiot, but the noises are that it was an unnecessary decision from the ref. Also, Morata is required.

19Yorke
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 15/16: 11k
16/17: 7k
17/18: 2766

Post by 19Yorke »

Gambit wrote:
19Yorke wrote: 21 Dec 2017, 20:15 Agree with the above and very tempted by a Hazard :arrow: KdB for a -4.
fairly certain I will lose Hazard to fund City mid, have looked at all my options and can't see a better way.

the other option is just to ignore them, but Bournemouth have got half the team missing, would anybody be shocked if it finished 6-0? and looking at the fixtures over this period I'd rather miss Hazard than City. Any City hauls, and many will be captained, will be like a dagger through the heart.
The bold part is key for me. Obviously the fact that Bournemouth may be slaughtered just adds to that :mrgreen:

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

not hugely keen to lose Hazard, but the Morata ban hurts him in what was already a tough fixture, and then I expect him benched in one of the next two.

Chelsea have only got more than 1 goal in three of their last nine league games, City have at least two in all the last nine.

Hate following the crowd and I'm usually quite relaxed about not having a popular player, but Bournemouth, Swansea, Palace, Watford just has to be covered, they could get at least three in all those games and with City players looking to be popular C choices the risk is simply too great.

Tacalabala
FISO Knight

Post by Tacalabala »

For all the criticism, the fact is that Chelsea have looked as blunt as a butter knife without Morata today.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

blahblah wrote: 10 Dec 2017, 06:32
um09a2k wrote: 10 Dec 2017, 00:04
blahblah wrote: 09 Dec 2017, 21:03 Many changing their minds after today?
Of course not. But if you're not a believer of the law of averages then I suppose its time to get rid :roll:
But I am: I just think 3 is at least 1 too many this season, as Chelsea aren't actually that good this season.
I've only been half listening today, but there seems to be most to change my mind....

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Tacalabala wrote: 23 Dec 2017, 14:17 For all the criticism, the fact is that Chelsea have looked as blunt as a butter knife without Morata today.
I only caught the last quarter. Of what I saw Chelsea fashioned no end of chances, but the Hazard false-9 approach is flawed.
He was darting around everywhere, but there was no-one to aim for.
Credit also to Everton. They were organised and were not going to be pulled out of position.
I’ll keep an eye on them when Morata returns but still think that, via Eriksen/Son for GW22, I may switch Hazard out for KdB

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Quick question for GW 21: Who's the better captain?

Morata: Starting, Well-rested (big factor imo during festive fixtures)

Hazard: Pens, extra CS point, attacking runs more fruitful with Fabregas who'll be starting as well (Morata usually comes deep).

Presently have it on Morata, simply because Haz might not play the full 90 and Brighton don't concede many penalties.

Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Zimmerman »

Brighton away (goals conceded)
Spurs, Huddersfield, Arsenal, Bournemouth, Leicester x 2
United x 1
Swansea, West Ham, Watford x 0

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

Agree Zimmerman but think they may see this as a game they are willing to lose if they can save energy and effort for the next 2

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

Yeah, for someone like me who doesn't have Kane, these two seem a good bet. My other options are:

Salah: Swansea aren't that bad away from as well, and he might be rested to be ready for the next two more difficult games (LEI, bur).

Sterling, Aguero: I'm actually fairly certain of both starting, but don't want to test a Benitez side for getting hauls. Not sure if I'm right here, so might be swayed.

Like I said before, Morata being well-rested is a big plus for me, esp against Brighton back four that has been playing all season.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

SirMattBugsby wrote: 26 Dec 2017, 10:17 Quick question for GW 21: Who's the better captain?

Morata: Starting, Well-rested (big factor imo during festive fixtures)

Hazard: Pens, extra CS point, attacking runs more fruitful with Fabregas who'll be starting as well (Morata usually comes deep).

Presently have it on Morata, simply because Haz might not play the full 90 and Brighton don't concede many penalties.
Finally went with Hazard (c). I'm hoping for a 3-0 win for my Blue trio (Christensen the third).

No Way Jose
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Fluked first season

Post by No Way Jose »

All off the hazard train? He was too shot shy today in great positions. Not ruthless enough

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Have them both. Gonna give it till the Stoke game and then reassess. But one of them has to go for a Liverpool player I reckon. Hard to decide which though.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

The problem with Hazard is quite simply his price.

Sterling, Salah, Coutinho, Eriksen, Silva, KDB are all better options, and all are cheaper.

If Alli gets back to his best you can add him to the above list, and Mahrez is continually getting good scores for over 2m less

Most players with Hazard will have a mix of the above, and they will also have Kane, so when is Hazard going to be captained? Such is the form of Kane, + City and Liverpool options that you have a near 11m player you might captain 1 in 5 or 6 games. Swapping him for whichever high performing mid you don't have will free up 1-2+m in most cases.

I got rid a couple of GW's back and my team looks stronger without him.

The form of the 8-9.5m bracket makes almost 11m on Hazard look like a luxury signing - looks great in your team but you can get better and more for less.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Either of them could run riot at home to Stoke in the next GW. I just hope it is Hazard, speaking as an owner.
Stoke will be missing Shawcross, Martins Indi, Zouma and probably Pieters, so hopefully Hazard can hit top form!

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

I agree, next GW is great for Hazard, but overall I think you can get more for your money.

And I'd still captain Salah or Firmino above Hazard next week anyway, Leicester could've easily shipped 3 or 4 v Watford today.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Gambit wrote: 26 Dec 2017, 22:56 I agree, next GW is great for Hazard, but overall I think you can get more for your money.

And I'd still captain Salah or Firmino above Hazard next week anyway, Leicester could've easily shipped 3 or 4 v Watford today.
I think when you pay for Hazard, you pay for someone who is rotation-proof, on penalties, and consistently ends up getting 200+ points by the end of the season. Not many others have those credentials (I suppose KDB has free kicks to his name). His points are so patchy it's impossible to transfer him in and out to try and catch him at the right moment when he's firing. He's the type of player you just leave in your team for the whole season if you believe in him and have the patience.

A big haul this weekend will change opinions again I feel. A blank against Stoke would probably lead to an exodus though. And this is a Stoke defence who just lost Shawcross and don't have Zouma.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

That's if he plays this weekend......away at Arsenal on the Wednesday, a Christmas rest?

I agree that Hazard accrues the points steadily throughout the season, the difference this season is that there a multitude of cheaper options who look like they will also hit 200 points - or go very close.

Salah, Sterling, KDB will all get 200 barring a bad injury, Eriksen, Coutinho, Silva should go close, and Alli at his best will also score well.

So while I agree that Hazard is doing what he always does, this year there are cheaper options who are doing it too, and because some of them are more explosive playing in more attacking teams they are arguably better C choices.

um09a2k
Grumpy Old Man

Post by um09a2k »

Gambit wrote: 26 Dec 2017, 23:41 That's if he plays this weekend......away at Arsenal on the Wednesday, a Christmas rest?

I agree that Hazard accrues the points steadily throughout the season, the difference this season is that there a multitude of cheaper options who look like they will also hit 200 points - or go very close.

Salah, Sterling, KDB will all get 200 barring a bad injury, Eriksen, Coutinho, Silva should go close, and Alli at his best will also score well.

So while I agree that Hazard is doing what he always does, this year there are cheaper options who are doing it to, and because some of them are more explosive playing in more attacking teams they are arguably better C choices too.
I think he's safer from rotation than Pep or Klopp's players anyway. He got taken off at 70 mins today suggesting he'll play vs Stoke, and I can't imagine he'll be rested vs Arsenal.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

no he won't be rested v Arsenal, but AC will rest one or two v Stoke I'm sure.

eastcentral1
Dumbledore

Post by eastcentral1 »

Yeah but as said above, the fact that he came off at 70 today strongly indicates he'll start at the weekend.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

eastcentral1 wrote: 27 Dec 2017, 00:04 Yeah but as said above, the fact that he came off at 70 today strongly indicates he'll start at the weekend.
you are probably right and he could score very well, but I still maintain that overall this season there are cheaper options who will match and even beat him, and because of that it's hard to justify the money he costs.

If FPL were starting afresh for the rest of the season, Hazard and Sanchez wouldn't be the two most expensive midfielders.

SirMattBugsby
Dumbledore

Post by SirMattBugsby »

I have both and don't have Kane. You can guess what happened..

However, shipping him out now would be the same mistake as shipping out Kane. He is entering a good run of fixtures and is in good form. I actually think I was quite unlucky not to get two goals from him against Brighton.

Having both Hazard and Kane can be problematic since both score in similar patterns, are expensive and it is hard to catch a good run. Kane is clearly better at the moment but a team built around Hazard from GW 23-27 can do well.

Both Hazard and Morata, though, is a problem which I have. Spurs look more attacking since moving to 4-2-3-1 and Firmino seems a better option than Morata. So two Chelsea attackers is overkill, especially when the best attacker is Alonso!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”